Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

I do not know what you think guys, but this is starting to be very slow advance for Russians. If they do not conduct major attack on Kyiv or Kharkiv or Odessa in next 15 days or less than that, there is a huge chance that they will not take them at all, at least in next several months, in my opinion.

What reference are you using for how fast or slow it should take for an army to conquer an entire country? Have you studied other similar invasions in history?

Right now you have waste of time and forces around fights in Mariupol which is anyway besieged, attempts to do something around Odessa, instead of focusing on the capital itself. And every day which is wasted is 24 hours more for Ukrainians to bring weapons, soldiers-mercenaries to Kyiv, to get more support abroad and to spread more of their own propaganda.

I think you must have missed the stated objectives of this "special military operation". Overall, it was "demilitarization and denazification" of Ukraine, but more specifically the initial objectives were to secure the Donbass area (DPR and LPR) and Crimea from the planned offensive by the Ukie army. That is initially were the main thrust and focus of RF forces was. At the same time, progress was made, major urban area by major urban area from the north towards Kiev. A specific requirement in this process was to avoid civilian casualties to the greatest extent possible. This was a necessary strategy, for obvious reasons, although those same reasons have never been obvious to the US and its allies when they invaded other nations.

Your idea that the RF forces could just "go to Kiev" was not possible because they would inevitably have been attacked by the significant number of Ukrainian military that were on the DNR and LPR and Crimean borders.

Trust whatever you want :-D but you already have a bloodbath in Mariupol and elsewhere.

"Bloodbath" is relative. By most standards, there is no bloodbath in any Ukrainian city.

However, if the capital was taken during the first days of the conflict it would potentially end the conflict almost immediately, in the big part of the country and you can not say with certainty that there would be a "bloodbath" How can you know that for sure ? - Because it highly likely that Ukrainian army was much less prepared than it is now.

The Ukrainian military has been being armed, trained and funded for at least 3 years for this event. The Ukrainian politician leadership knew precisely what was going to happen. It was, in effect, planned by them and their Western masters.

Also, if the all in attack on the Kyiv in the first day would be a bloodbath like you say that now it could be something like a "double or triple bloodbath" since they are right now probably much better armed and prepared in Kyiv in comparison to the first day.

And it definitely would not be a waste of resources if they took Kyiv in the first few days, because of the implications of that on the whole war.

It was not possible to "take Kiev in the first few days", for reasons I have explained and many others I have not.

I think I have much better arguments than you.

That's very likely, given the way you have interacted here in the past. It seems, however, that what goes on in your head has little relation to objective reality.

Pelosi today...🤔😵‍💫
“I do. Like to, like to , r-read, read to my gran grandkids. They cry. They cry. A lot of crying. My words, I use my words. They’ve adore adorable when they cry. Tears. Stories. Pigs. Three little ones. Grandma. Reads crying stories. Teeth. Wolf stories. Crying. I think you know what I’m saying. Putin. Gingerbread.”

The military also pauses offensives each day for humanitarian corridors, and is actively tightening the siege on Mariupol and Kharkov. So some military successes don't result in changes on the map.

If you watch this video of German invasion of France and how they took Paris you will see that they took capital very similarly to how Russians attempted to take Kyiv, but they failed maybe because of the lack of forces or simply there was the order to stop.

This is not 1940. It's not WW2, in which 65 million people died, most of them civilians. It's also not WW3.

Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation has now official Telegram channel: MoD Russia

Thank you! I‘ve subscribed to them and I’m quite impressed about the detailed reporting on that channel. Now, I don’t know if that is really the official channel of the Russian Ministry of Defense, but judged on the very detailed and quite likely very accurate reporting there, I think there is a good chance that it is the real deal. So if you want to know what is going on on the ground on a hourly/daily basis, it looks like that‘s about as accurate and good as it gets. I’m quite impressed!

Last edited:
Thank you! I‘ve subscribed to them and I’m quite impressed about the detailed reporting on that channel. Now, I don’t know if that is really the official channel of the Russian Ministry of Defense, but judged on the very detailed and quite likely very accurate reporting there, I think there is a good chance that it is the real deal. So if you want to know what is going on on the ground on a hourly/daily basis, it looks like that‘s about as accurate and good as it gets. I’m quite impressed!
I signed up too, by now
In total, since the beginning of the operation (MoD Russia), 156 UAVs, 1,306 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 127 MLRS, 471 field artillery mounts, as well as 1,054 units of special military vehicles have been destroyed. Operational-tactical, army aviation and unmanned aircraft hit 136 military facilities of Ukraine.
According to 2022 Ukraine Military Strength Ukraine had these weapons:

Tanks:

Armored Vehicles:

Self-Propelled Artillery:

Towed Artillery:

Rocket Projectors:
Ukraine had 2596 tanks, at the beginning of the year. 1306 are gone, so 50 % is left
Ukraine had 490 rocket projectors (MLRS) so 25 % of the MLRS are gone, 75 % left.

From Sputniknews:

LIVE UPDATES: Zelensky Meets with Prime Ministers of Poland, Czech Republic & Slovenia in Kiev

Mar. 15, 2022

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's adviser Oleksiy Arestovych suggested that a peace treaty with Russia could be reached at the earliest within one to two weeks, and at the latest - in May.

The Russian and Ukrainian delegations are set to resume the fourth round of peace negotiations on Tuesday after a brief technical break. The talks will be held in a video format, after three rounds of negotiations in person in Belarus.

According to a Ukrainian team member, the fourth round is focused on "peace, ceasefire, the immediate withdrawal of troops and security guarantees". The Russian side has previously said that Russian forces would immediately halt the military operation on four conditions: first, if Ukrainian forces stop fighting back; second, if Kiev accepts a neutral and non-nuclear status; third, if Crimea is acknowledged as Russian territory; and fourth, if the two Donbass republics of Donetsk and Lugansk are recognised as independent states.

Russia started a special military operation in Ukraine on 24 February after the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics (DPR and LPR) appealed for help in defending themselves against Ukrainian forces. Russia said that the aim of its special operation is to demilitarise and "de-Nazify" Ukraine and that only military infrastructure is being targeted. Moscow has repeatedly stressed that it has no plans to occupy Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin emphasised that the goal is to protect the people of Donbass, "who have been subjected to abuse, genocide by the Kiev regime for eight years".

The Donbass militia is also continuing its counteroffensive against Kiev's forces.

In response to Russia’s special operation, Western countries have rolled out a comprehensive sanctions campaign against Moscow.

Effort to Revive Iran Nuclear Deal Entering Homestretch, Russia's Lavrov Says

Mar. 15, 2022

Talks on reviving the landmark nuclear agreement - which promises an end to Western sanctions against Iran in exchange for limits on the Islamic Republic's nuclear programme, began last spring after the Biden administration reversed Trump's hardline anti-Iranian stance.

Work to revive the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action nuclear deal has entered the homestretch, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said.

"I am confident that the prospects are even more impressive, considering, among things, that we have entered the homestretch on an agreement to resume the Comprehensive Plan of Action to resolve the situation around the Iranian nuclear programme," Lavrov said, speaking alongside his Iranian counterpart, Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian in Moscow on Tuesday.

The Russian foreign minister indicated that the two countries were "preparing new documents designed to formalise" a new level of cooperation.

Already, Lavrov said, notwithstanding "well-known factors" aimed at pressuring the two countries, "our trade turnover is steadily growing at a record pace. Last year it increased by nearly 80 percent, exceeding $4 billion."

Lavrov also expressed gratitude to Tehran for its "objective position" on the Russian military operation in Ukraine.

"We will discuss further coordination of our actions on the Syrian settlement within the Astana format, other crisis points in the Middle East and North Africa, and also talk about the Afghan settlement, which requires our full attention. I also want to note that we appreciate our confidential dialogue and your objective position on what is happening in Ukraine," Lavrov said.

The Russian foreign minister emphasised that cooperation on international affairs has always been a keystone of ties between Moscow and Tehran.

Foreign Minister Amir-Abdollahian said that his discussions with Lavrov would include talks on pursuing the agreements reached between Russian President Vladimir Putin and Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi during Raisi's visit to Moscow in January, as well as the situation in Ukraine and the new situation in regional and international affairs.

Amir-Abdollahian said Iran could not remain indifferent to events in Ukraine, and noted that Tehran stands for an end to all conflicts worldwide - whether in Ukraine, Afghanistan or Yemen. He added that the Islamic Republic also condemns the policy of unilateral sanctions. The diplomat also stressed that there was no connection between events in Ukraine and the revival of the JCPOA.

Iran Nuclear Deal​

Iran expressed willingness late last month to "immediately conclude a good deal" with the remaining Western parties to the JCPOA and the US if the latter were prepared to "show real will." Negotiations were put on pause last week over the US seizure of a pair of Greek tankers loaded with $38 million of Iranian oil. The negotiations were also reportedly hindered by Russia's demand for US written guarantees that its sanctions against Moscow won't affect trade with Iran.

Israel's political class has expressed concerns about the possible revival of the JCPOA, with senior officials including Prime Minister Naftali Bennett warning repeatedly that Tel Aviv wouldn't be bound by the agreement's terms. In the US, Senate Republicans wrote President Biden a letter on Monday stating emphatically that they would not support the agreement's restoration, accusing his administration of having "given away the store" to Tehran.

The JCPOA was negotiated by Iran, the US, Russia, China, France, Germany and the European Union in 2015, and promised the removal of Western sanctions against the Islamic Republic in exchange for commitments to limit the uranium enrichment and stockpiling activities of its peaceful nuclear programme. The Trump administration unilaterally pulled out of the deal in 2018 after heavy Israeli lobbying. The Biden White House moved to restart negotiations with Iran and other remaining parties of the JCPOA last year, with the two sides spending months deadlocked over which party should make the good faith steps on restoring the agreement.

Tehran has also stressed repeatedly that it would not allow the original terms of the nuclear deal to be weighed down by side issues such as Iran's ballistic missile programme or its regional foreign policy.

It's like the US is playing Whac-a-Mole. Every time a country pops it's head up, the US hits them to knock them back down. But if you've ever played the game (it's pretty old now) you know how hard it gets to keep those pesky gophers down. I don't think the US is going to be able to keep up:

US Looks to Block Indian Deal for Russian Oil, But Says Buy Won't Violate Sanctions

Mar. 15, 2022

The US is navigating a complex web of oil markets in an attempt to secure petroleum supplies for itself and dodge spiking gas prices while simultaneously denying Russia a market for the oil exports that Washington has boycotted. However, the US has made many enemies and the task is easier said than done.

Speaking before the Indian Parliament on Tuesday, Indian Oil Minister Hardeep Singh Puri told lawmakers the government was engaged in talks "at the appropriate level of the Russian Federation" to buy Moscow’s glut of oil created by a Western boycott.

"Discussions are currently underway. There are several issues to be gone into like how much oil is available," Puri said, adding that the government was weighing questions of insurance, freight and payment.

India is the world’s third-largest importer of oil after China and the United States, but gets just 3% of its petrol from Russia, according to Agence France-Presse.

The news follows talks last week between Puri and Russian Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Novak.

“What we have is a particularly privileged strategic partnership; the leaders of our countries maintain regular contact. Mutually beneficial cooperation is actively promoted, including the Arctic LNG 2 and Sakhalin 1 projects. Gazprom supplies LNG to India, and Rosneft continues its systematic work with its Indian partners. We are interested in further attracting Indian investment to the Russian oil and gas sector and expanding Russian companies’ sales networks in India,” Novak said in a statement on Thursday.

“Russia’s oil and petroleum product exports to India have approached $1 billion, and there are clear opportunities to increase this figure,” he added.

In response, on Tuesday, Washington sought to dissuade New Delhi from the deal: “think about where you want to stand,” White House spokesperson Jen Psaki said. However, she noted that India buying Russian oil wouldn’t violate US sanctions against Moscow.

“When the history books are written in this moment in time, support for Russia – the Russian leadership – is support for an invasion that obviously is having a devastating impact,” Psaki said.

So far, India has plotted a fairly neutral course on the situation in Ukraine, where Russia launched a special operation in late February to neutralize the country as a potential NATO springboard into Russia and eliminate neo-Nazi forces responsible for an eight-year-long war against Russian-speaking separatists in the eastern Donbass region. New Delhi has abstained during United Nations votes as the international drama plays out, and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged Kiev and Moscow to settle their differences via direct talks.

“T]hat is the price to pay for India to maintain its strategic autonomy,” New Delhi web developer Shivansh Rajeev told the South China Morning Post on Sunday, referring to Modi’s attempts to balance Indian relations between competing power blocs. Despite the posturing, New Delhi has grown closer to Australia, the US and Japan in the Quadrilateral Security Dialogue or “Quad,” which is widely seen as an anti-China formation.

The US announced a total boycott of Russian petroleum and sanctioned Russia’s state-owned corporations Gazprom and Rosneft in response to Russia’s operation, and the United Kingdom announced it would phase out Russian oil imports by the end of the year. The two Anglo powers have pressured the European Union to follow suit, but many of the bloc’s members get the majority or a plurality of their oil from Russia, so the economic and social ramifications of a boycott are being extensively debated.

In fact, despite the move, Russians oil and gas condensate production rose to 11.12 million barrels per day in March, according to data obtained by Reuters.
Oil prices came back down below $100 a barrel on Tuesday, having spiked to $130 a barrel last week following US President Joe Biden’s announcement of the gas boycott.

"Oil prices might continue moderating this week as investors have been digesting the impact of sanctions on Russia, along with parties showing signs of negotiation towards (a) ceasefire," Tina Teng, an analyst at CMC Markets, told Reuters.

In response to the price spike, Biden has attempted to persuade Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates to increase oil production to offset the loss of Russian oil, but neither Arab leader would answer the White House’s calls. On Thursday, Saudi state-owned oil firm Saudi Aramco announced a new deal to build a huge petroleum refinery and associated petrochemical complex in northeastern China capable of producing 300,000 barrels of oil per day.

In early February, China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC) signed a 10-year agreement with Russian state-owned gas firm Rosneft for refineries in northwestern China to receive 100 million metric tons, or 200,821 barrels per day of oil.

Iran has also been caught in the turmoil as efforts to revive the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA ) - a deal to which both the US and Russia were parties - are nearing fruition. Moscow has sought to use the unresolved talks to secure an exemption for Iran in US sanctions, while the US has dodged claims it wants to “replace Russian oil with Iranian oil.”

“Whether or not there is a JCPOA, our posture toward Iranian oil ban would not change,” State Department spokesperson Ned Price told reporters Tuesday. “We would not replace Russian oil with Iranian oil. That would not be on the table."

The message of Zelenskjy, as a Canadian, speaking to a packed audience, in parliament, strikes me as a bunch of NWOI (Claus Schawb puppets) or those that have been blackmailed to attend, by none other than the puppet master par excellence, of Canada Chrystia Freeland. Which in reality, parliment is in adjournment at this time, sickened me.

the message by Zelensky, to the Canadian Parliament, is nothing more than a beggar, a beggar, that will destroy his own people, to save his life. He looks dreadful, either ravaged by drugs or alcohol, or even death threats, if he does not come up with the goods, so to speak, all dressed up in green, of a combat soldier, as though he has ever entered a combat zone. Laughable! He is reported to be hiding in Poland, who knows in reality,

Another puppet, that is destined to bite he dust, if he does not perform for his masters. Always another waiting in the wings in the Western sphere of influence, bringing freedom and democracy, waving flags of freedom,

Well in Canada's, Country, we all saw, what Canadian Flags bought, waving, freedom, love and democracy. The new age of a totalitarian future, writ large, for all those with eyes and ears., not a future that most Canadian envisioned when they entered the voting booth, Guess we are SOL, because it will never change.

According the the media in Canada, it is being called a "Historic" event.

For those unable to watch this "Historic" event here it is again, a cringe worthy event, in world history a leader of a failed country, thanks to NATO, in a begging pose, to save his skin.

I thought this statement was a bit odd. The Russians are not near Lviv, yes? So, why would there be refugees needing to be rescued because they can't get out? Idk. I find it to be a weird thing to say.

I went over that bit again to make sure I got it right. The sound fails a couple of times, but this is what can be heard, ipsis litteris:
"Os nossos contatos já tão se organizando, nós vamos reagrupar, reequipar, pegar armamento, pegar material e vamo voltar pra Lviv, é, pra poder tá resgatando alguns refugiados que não conseguem sair."

Went to deepL to get a different translation from my own and the result is basically the same:
deepL said:
Our contacts are already organising themselves, we're going to regroup, reequip, get weapons, get material and we're going to return to Lviv so that we can rescue some refugees who can't get out.

As for no Russians near Lviv, there's this, for instance:

AT LEAST 66 UKRAINIAN ARMY SERVICEMEN AND FOREIGNERS WERE KILLED AND WOUNDED NEAR LVIV​

Support SouthFrontPDF Download
Local authorities report that as a result of a Russian missile strike on the Yavoriv training range near Lviv, 9 Ukrainian army servicemen and foreign instructors were killed and 57 wounded.
Video Player

01:11

05:22

On March 13, Russian missiles pounded the Yavorovo military range in Lviv Region. The range is a part of the military facility used in the area by NATO to train Kyiv’s forces in the previous years. The range is the largest in Europe and allows simulation of deployment and offensive of a tank division. The range is used by the U.S., British, and Canadian militaries to train Ukrainian army personnel.
Officially, all NATO instructors had been withdrawn from the country before the conflict began. Most likely, it was mercenaries from NATO countries who came to Ukraine to take part in combat operations against Russia. It is also likely that Kiev is speculating on the deaths of alleged NATO instructors in order to use this as another opportunity to drag the alliance into the Ukrainian conflict
After the start of the Russian military operation, the area became a hub and training center for foreign mercenaries that came to Ukraine.
At Least 66 Ukrainian Army Servicemen And Foreigners Were Killed And Wounded Near Lviv

Lviv authorities claimed that at least 8 missiles hit the facility calling this as the ‘act of Russian aggression’.
Video Player

00:00

00:55

So the "International Center for Peacekeeping and Security in Lviv", a large training facility in the forest near Lviv in Western Ukraine, 25kms from the Polish border, received an airstrike last night. You probably saw the videos of the aftermath. This was a staging ground for NATO training of Ukie forces, including Azov etc. in the use of MANPADs and other weaponry and training. Those trained and armed are then sent to attack Russian forces.

Russian Def. Min. and other reports put the number of dead at 170 out of 200. A significant number of these were NATO country member forces. Needless to say, NATO was not expecting such an attack. It's quite possible that in the near future, we'll wake up one day to learn that air or missile strikes of the RF have hit a similar training facility inside Polish territory. NATO will immediately call a meeting to decide what to do about it, and then do nothing.

edit: although he said "refugees" in that sentence, in the next one he talks about his 'friends stuck in Kiev too' in need of weapons etc . So those refugees might as well be more of his fighter friends.

Last edited:
Announced on Tucker Carlson Tonight, two Fox employees were killed in Ukraine:

Fox News cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski and female journalist killed outside Kyiv

da7fb67a3ae81445447b706b534bf968.jpg

"This has been a very difficult day for the Fox News family because two of our coworkers died in Ukraine. Cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski and journalist Oleksandra "Sasha" Kuvshynova. They were working with correspondent Benjamin Hall outside Kyiv, when incoming fire hit their vehicle. Benjamin was wounded, and is in the hospital, Pierre and Sasha did not survive," Bret Baier said during an emotional tribute on Tuesday’s edition of "Special Report."

“I do. Like to, like to , r-read, read to my gran grandkids. They cry. They cry. A lot of crying. My words, I use my words. They’ve adore adorable when they cry. Tears. Stories. Pigs. Three little ones. Grandma. Reads crying stories. Teeth. Wolf stories. Crying. I think you know what I’m saying. Putin. Gingerbread.”
Biden, Pelosi, Killary and who knows who else it seems that these guys are slowly disintegrating before our very eyes. Lying all their lives is taking its toll and perhaps we're witnessing as well some side effects of the Wave on these individuals?
Interesting...

Back
Top Bottom