Pictures of your Christmas Tree

Merci à tous pour vos partages qui illuminent mes yeux...
Je n'en fait pas chez moi, je me contente d'un Joseph et Marie portant le bébé Jésus dans ses bras... Merci encore...

Thank you all for your sharing that light up my eyes...
I don't do any at home, I'm content with a Joseph and Mary carrying the baby Jesus in her arms... Thanks again...

Having a small house and little space, we assemble the Christmas tree at the last moment every year. To do this, we have to move the cat tree in the hallway to make room for it in the room. Unfortunately, we only have the black cat with us now.

The photo is therefore not from this year, but it is the same tree (which is not a real one) every year, with more or less the same decorations.
Note that the lack of decoration at the bottom of the tree is due to the fact that cats were playing with these and that they had to be removed.arbre chat.jpg

Attachments

• 265430356_350822576807010_6560226777200376925_n.jpg
    265430356_350822576807010_6560226777200376925_n.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 70
Today

When we get new visitors in Stockholm today, i tend to forewarn them and say - it is like a Turkish Bazaar in our home :lol: But those who have stayed here 1-2 weeks absolutely love the warm and playful atmosphere, and have felt very much at home. My husband has a special, more creative touch compared to my more clumsy one. So, he rearranges the lights from time to time. Also for his Sicilian gym students which he still sends web sessions every evening. There, those light arrangements play an important roll (as a background).

I’ll send some photos to you, in a couple of days, so you can see for yourself how it looks like.

As promised

some photos i just made from our apartment in Southern Stockholm á lá "Turkish Bazaar" mixed with Christmas vibes. Of course during winter times we do have a lot more lights active compared to summer times (because there is so much light in Stockholm during summer, I often don't bother to recharge many of the battery powered lights)

When making images in low light, colors tends to pop much stronger and everything looks brighter compared to the impressions you see with naked eye. So, in reality, the looks aren't as "chaotic" or "overpowering" as it seems in the images - but are rather gentle, kind of warm cozy.

First image shows our guest room, which Sal uses as his gym exercise room when he sends every workday evening streamed gym classes, for/with his Sicilian friends and students online.

2021-12-13-20-26-02.jpg

More casual, the second image shows our kitchen window

2021-12-13-20-27-19.jpg

The third image shows our living room, which is also "my" work room, at the computer. Here you see that the impression looks as if is it overwhelming and chaotic with "too many lights". But honestly, it isn't like that at all in reality; it is far more gentle to the naked eye, without being "chaotic".

The project with lights started in 2016, when I really punched it, when those new types of tiny-tiny fairy lights emerged, which from a distance look like fairy dust / fireworks / sparkles. That was like love at the first sight ! A childhood dream manifesting, fueled by an early passion for "Christmas lights in the windows" in Berlin as a child. Anyway since then the room has gone though many changes over time, and Sal is amazing in putting a beautiful touch to them (like in the "guest/gym room")

Oh dear... sorry. This is a Christmas tree thread, while I am flying off to somewhere else. :-[
But hey, it's still Christmas'y, even without a tree, yes ? :lol:

2021-12-13-20-26-29_1.jpg
2021-12-13-20-40-46.jpg

My mother has been designing the Christmas tree, and she recently added these pretty blue drapes! Christmas is a big thing for our family and gives us more reason to be in good spirits with each other.

tree.jpg

As promised

some photos i just made from our apartment in Southern Stockholm á lá "Turkish Bazaar" mixed with Christmas vibes. Of course during winter times we do have a lot more lights active compared to summer times (because there is so much light in Stockholm during summer, I often don't bother to recharge many of the battery powered lights)

When making images in low light, colors tends to pop much stronger and everything looks brighter compared to the impressions you see with naked eye. So, in reality, the looks aren't as "chaotic" or "overpowering" as it seems in the images - but are rather gentle, kind of warm cozy.

First image shows our guest room, which Sal uses as his gym exercise room when he sends every workday evening streamed gym classes, for/with his Sicilian friends and students online.

View attachment 52492

More casual, the second image shows our kitchen window

View attachment 52491

The third image shows our living room, which is also "my" work room, at the computer. Here you see that the impression looks as if is it overwhelming and chaotic with "too many lights". But honestly, it isn't like that at all in reality; it is far more gentle to the naked eye, without being "chaotic".

The project with lights started in 2016, when I really punched it, when those new types of tiny-tiny fairy lights emerged, which from a distance look like fairy dust / fireworks / sparkles. That was like love at the first sight ! A childhood dream manifesting, fueled by an early passion for "Christmas lights in the windows" in Berlin as a child. Anyway since then the room has gone though many changes over time, and Sal is amazing in putting a beautiful touch to them (like in the "guest/gym room")

Oh dear... sorry. This is a Christmas tree thread, while I am flying off to somewhere else. :-[
But hey, it's still Christmas'y, even without a tree, yes ? :lol:

View attachment 52489
View attachment 52490
OMG! How fun! I LOVE the fairy dust-type of lights. Your work room is my favorite.

I've had and used this tree past 15 years or so and its about 60cm in height....and doing the tree is the most Christmas-ish :-) thing I do and enjoy... always keeping it simple. To be honest, with all the craziness in the world and the C's now and again giving hints of impending changes, I thought that this year I won't be unrolling the tree...🤭...but here we are again.
I usually dismantle it after the Orthodox Christmas and New Year ie around mid-January.
The clothing on the wall and on the stool is Ethiopian hand-weaved cotton and embroidery...I like it because it reminds me of what I witnessed some years back whilst living there,... of the colourful vibrancy, happiness and sacredness with which the Ethiopian Orthodox Christians celebrate their Christmas.
A new addition is the FOTCM Logo magnet, which I received earlier this year ..... and where better else to place it than at the root of the tree.... the seeding and beginning of a New Reality and Tree of humanity.

Caesarmas Tree.jpgCaesarmas Tree FOTCM.jpgCaesarmas Tree Lights.jpg

Attachments

• Caesarmas Tree Mother and Child.jpg
    Caesarmas Tree Mother and Child.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
My tree is not real. But my mom gave it to me 3 years ago and that's why I love it. He is only 1.5m tall but I think he's kind of cute. My mom gave me 3 pendants that came from my grandma. The artificial tree has the advantage that I can set it up on the first of Advent and then it can stay there until January. I just love the ambience. And since I can't see my entire family at Christmas due to the new dictatorship this year (like last year) this cute little tree is a connection to my mom.
IMG_9366.jpg

I’m enjoying this thread very much :-) We have the great fortune of living next door to a Christmas tree farm. So most years we just walk over and pick out the family tree and walk back 🤠 Here’s this years:

7DA77CD3-34BA-40A0-BC74-0F82494E7707.jpeg

Usually there’s a lot of ornaments, but this year we didn’t have time to go all out so we decided to keep it simple. Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄🎅🏼❄️😊

Back
Top Bottom