Pictures of your Christmas Tree

gottathink

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I did a search and no thread exists for pictures of forum members Christmas trees. Every year at this time I enjoy decorating a tree, it’s fun and a nice addition to living room ambience.
Attached is a photo of my tree that I’ve been putting up for about ten years now. Nothing flashy, it is merely a wire spiral obelisk usually used for growing climbing plants. It stands about 160 cm tall.
I’d love to see the Christmas tree creations of other members or fantastic trees you have seen, if anyone would like to post their own pictures?
Please include how big it is in your estimation and any details the photo doesn’t show or serve justice to.

Attachments

• B030ADE4-9EFC-4D36-86CA-1A6ABF55456D.jpeg
    B030ADE4-9EFC-4D36-86CA-1A6ABF55456D.jpeg
    892.7 KB · Views: 149
Nice! That’s beautiful! Our Christmas tree is non-existent this year :( We have a very small house and haven’t figured out how to navigate a tree and a toddler. Pre-cut pine/fir trees are insanely expensive this year in the states as well. But for anyone in my neck of the woods still looking for one I’ve heard you can apply for a permit ($5) through the forest service and chop your own down on public land.

Nice thread idea! I love Christmas trees. We don't have ours up yet - was hoping to buy a real one (don't have access to anywhere we're allowed to cut one down ourselves) but haven't found any for sale yet. I hope we'll get one this week.. We always just had plastic ones in the past, living in the tropics, but been getting real ones the last few years. They smell so good. We love decorating the tree. We have heaps of old decorations, some hand-me-downs going back to when my mum was a little kid. My GF makes papier mache animals.. We have a kind of scary looking metal Ded Moroz my grandparents got in Russia in the 70s or 80s I think, who sits on the top.. When my sister and I were kids we used to decorate the tree and then spend weeks playing in it with little lego men and stuff, like the tree was a giant ewok village and the lego men would have adventures all up and down it, and live in little tree houses.
Anyway I can't wait to see everyone's Christmas trees... will come back and post ours when we get one..

Good idea! 🎄 At first I didn't want to have a tree at all this year, because the Christmas spirit didn't want to arise despite baking biscuits. But then I looked for something in the cellar and the artificial mini tree of my late mother fell into my hands. It is about 45cm high and the ornaments, except for the wooden figures, are also made of ceramic by my mother. This is the result...:halo:

Attachments

• C6FD231B-F524-4EC7-8436-4D9F9DF9B67A.jpeg
    C6FD231B-F524-4EC7-8436-4D9F9DF9B67A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 120
Great idea. We'll be putting ours up on Wednesday and I'll be back with photos. We will use the artificial tree that we bought back in 1997 again. We purchased small cedars in pots to replant in the yard after Christmas for a few years, but not all of them survived even with a lot of attention, so we are going back to the artificial one.

I like the idea. We have decided to get a tree this year, though we haven't got it yet, so in the meantime here is a picture of an adventskranz I made, with 3 candles lit for today. A reminder of hope even if the story of Christianity, it was built on was a lie.

Adventskrans.gif

Like Mililea, some of the ornaments on our tree were my late mother’s, some she made herself. The others are one’s we’ve collected on various travels or relate to things we’re interested in.

Attachments

• AB527A2B-D74E-4C96-9260-DA1482312F72.jpeg
    AB527A2B-D74E-4C96-9260-DA1482312F72.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 116
Oh, such a lovely idea to lighten up and share some creativity and joy. Thank you.
I just looove decorating but I like to keep it simple and use/reuse what I got by hand at the moment. This time - no tree.
Just a few branches of juniper and cypress tree in an old potato bucket. The cheepest led lights, some pine cones and old granny's cookie molds.
Matching with the one for the table - with sage, rosmarry, almonds and nuts.
Looking forward to see everyone elses. Fun ! We need that right now. Hugs to all !

Attachments

• 20211212_144326.jpg
    20211212_144326.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20211128_175005_975.jpg
    IMG_20211128_175005_975.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
Fun! We enjoy decorating the tree and house for Christmas. I have many ornaments that I grew up with that my Grandmother and mother made. Our tree is a fake one.

Attachments

• 20211212_105816.jpg
    20211212_105816.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • 20211212_110514.jpg
    20211212_110514.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 103
Ooooooh… Wonderful idea 💞

To create this thread while watching the creations you guys made. I absolutely love it.

There is something childish, playful magic about Christmas lights, Christmas trees and the creations made in connection to it (oh, and let’s not forget cookies) “nam-nam” and “yum-yum”

We don’t really have a Christmas tree in our home - because… well, it is “Christmas” here all year (sort of) lit by a vast amount of light chains, where some look like sparkles floating in the air. Sometimes my plants are the Christmas trees. It is something of a child’s dream for me, to be honest… the playfulness of sparkling and floating lights, is both a delight and a joy.

Back then in Berlin

I used to sing for myself in the streets on my way home from Kindergarten, when i was 7-8 years old, watching the lights people had put up in their windows during Christmas times, in the outer suburbs of (West) Berlin. For me, that was the highlight of the year, a feeling of joy, in an otherwise very dark and weird childhood.

Today

When we get new visitors in Stockholm today, i tend to forewarn them and say - it is like a Turkish Bazaar in our home :lol: But those who have stayed here 1-2 weeks absolutely love the warm and playful atmosphere, and have felt very much at home. My husband has a special, more creative touch compared to my more clumsy one. So, he rearranges the lights from time to time. Also for his Sicilian gym students which he still sends web sessions every evening. There, those light arrangements play an important roll (as a background).

I’ll send some photos to you, in a couple of days, so you can see for yourself how it looks like.

An Observation

I have noticed during the past two years, that the Swedes in our wider neighborhood put various light chains out even during other times than winter. As if the winter and summer (light) decorations are starting to mix with one another. Traditionally, Christmas decoration lasts overall much longer up here in Stockholm, sometimes into March. I believe that has to do with the darkness which dominates at our latitude, they never hurry with taking it all down in mid January.

Anyway. I am looking forward to see all your photos 💕 Gosh i love to watch other people’s photos - it has always been a bit of a passion of mine. Even in the ‘what is the weather where you live’, section - I just love looking at images other members have made.

You know… from real people :-)

You all have lovely trees and decorations!
Here is ours: a 9 feet tall lighted, artificial tree that we bought last year. We decided to stop buying real trees, so this one should last many years. Part of the decorations have been with us since we got married 12 years ago. Others were bought when we moved to the USA 5 years ago. Our cats sit under the tree every night🐾❤️.FEDCC8CE-B764-4E9D-BF95-C60CE847CA09.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom