Photos and videos of our amazing 2D residents

Photo competition & awards

Since I often follow photography oriented sites, sometimes both nice or even astonishing images are shown of animals by the people who participate in photo contests. Lately, I saved a few which i liked, or felt, they stood out among the crowd.

The Raven image when seen in high resolution (but not shown here) was amazing, due to the many nuanced details within black feathers; which gave the birds an almost a three dimensional look, in which you eyes could get lost into.

I will in the future keep my eyes on more of these images (in order to show you them, here at the forum) - because though the years, I have seen some really amazing ones - and they usually get published at DPreview.com

Web_A_2HM_AnkurKhurana_commonraven_amateur_highres.jpg

Amateur Honorable Mention
Ankur Khurana/Audubon Photography Awards/2022 Amateur Honorable

Bird: Common Raven
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Image description: Two black Common Ravens stand on white snow. Standing slightly to the side, the bird on the left appears to groom the second, its beak on the second bird’s head. The bird on the right stands sideways in a slightly crouched position, its glossy feathers fluffed out.

Web_A_1W_PeterShen_WesternGrebe_amateur_high-res.jpg

Amateur Winner
Peter Shen/Audubon Photography Awards/2022 Amateur Winner

Bird: Western Grebe
Hometown: Castro Valley, California, USA

Image description: A Western Grebe’s red eye stares into the camera, its body facing forward on nearly still water. Two chicks ride on its back, with their head cocked around the adult grebe’s neck to either side. Each holds either end of a silver fish in its beak.

Web_Fish_1W_SteveJessmore_NorthernShoveler_Pro_high-res.jpg

Fisher Prize Winner
Steve Jessmore/Audubon Photography Awards/2022 Fisher Prize Winner

Bird: Northern Shoveler
Location: Muskegon County Wastewater Management System, Muskegon County, Michigan, USA
Hometown: Alto, Michigan, USA

Image description: The frame is full of emerald-green heads and brown and white feathers—a sea of Northern Shovelers. The image centers around one male that rises above the rest with its wings outstretched, exposing the blue on the upper part of its wing.

Comedy Pet Photography Finalists
(part I of II)

AFI_CPPA_LOGO_partnership_lock_up_master.png

Rather sooner than later i found already the next photo scoop of funny 2D friends: because dPreview published today the Comedy Pet Photography Awards (Finalists) today... So, be prepared for some giggling :lol: Here we go...

24._Chris_Johnson_Revenge_of_the_tennis_ball.jpg

Finalist • 'Revenge of the Tennis Ball' by Christopher Johnson

Artist Statement: This is Star playing in the snow in a local field and getting surprised by a passing tennis ball.

22._Marko_Jovanovic_Dashing_through_the_snow.jpg

Finalist • 'Dashing Through the Snow' by Marko Jovanovic

Artist Statement: Carter was on a Euth list in California. We flew from Chicago to Cali rescue him. This was his first time experiencing snow. As you can see he could believe was missing out all these years!

2._Jose_Bayon_Nilo_s_love_for_water.jpg

Finalist • 'Nilo's Love for Water' by Jose Bayon

Artist Statement: Nilo is an adopted puppy about 10 months old. He was hit by a car and was barely saved. Now recovered, he has just discovered water for the first time. His capers and pirouettes show his passion for water. Love at first sight.

8._Karl_Goldhamer_Werewolf_2.0.jpg

Finalist • 'Werewolf 2.0' by Karl Goldhamer

Artist Statement: Even a werewolf needs to relax sometimes...

Comedy Pet Photography Finalists
(part II of II)

4._Kenichi_Morinaga_Boom_Boom.jpg

Finalist • 'Boom Boom' by Kenichi Morinaga

Artist Statement: Cats are bumped on the wall suddenly. It was like a cartoon bamped boom boom.So funny moment.

5._Mehmet_Aslan_Chauffeur_Dog.jpg

Finalist • 'Chauffeur Dog' by Mehmet Aslan

Artist Statement: The situation I encountered at traffic lights. At first I thought it was really like using a dog!

6._Sarah_Fiona_Helme_Purr-etty_pleeeeaase.jpg

Finalist • 'Purr-etty Pleeeaase!' by Sarah Fiona Helme

Artist Statement: Rosie was helping me in the greenhouse and decided to try, in her most engaging way, (and with the help of the wheelbarrow to stand on), to persuade me into giving her some of her favorite treats - which, being a lowly cat servant with no willpower, I did !

26._Freya_Sharpe_Jack_the_cat_stuck_in_the_hedge.jpg

Finalist • 'Jack the Cat Stuck in the Hedge' by Freya Sharpe

Artist Statement: We had gone out for the day and came home to find our kitten Jack had got stuck in the hedge!

25._Bob_Moore_Oh_I_do_like_a_scratch_and_a_tickle.jpg

Finalist • 'Oh I Do I Like a Scratch and Tickle' by Bob Moore

Artist Statement: We had gone out for the day and came home to find our kitten Jack had got stuck in the hedge!

XPAN, merci pour toutes ces photos, si belles et étonnantes, c'est un vrai plaisir pour le coeur et l'âme... LOVE

XPAN, thank you for all these photos, so beautiful and amazing, it is a real pleasure for the heart and soul... LOVE

The above video is absolutely hilarious :rotfl:

It's just a pity that she was so focused on doing her very important speech... I would have completely cracked into laughter while attempting to make a "serious" video... I absolutely love the interaction and curiosity of the animals; they completely owned the stage.

Keep up the good work, Emmanuel & Princess ;-D

Back
Top Bottom