New Forum layout April 2018

Thanks Sasa. I figured it out now and posted the wonderful draft I had been working on. :)
To me this is like many web tech issues that can drive you crazy :) And a useful reminder too to use the search function :)

But, note that drafts are only saved for 5 days... Default was 2 days, so I just changed it. Given the speed at which many threads evolve, that should be more than enough - while also compensating for, "Oops, I was busy!" life stuff.

Hi Scottie,

Sorry to be a nuisance but just wondering does the draft timer continue to refresh @ 5 days following each 'save', or is the time-stamp from commencement?

Thanks

J

Hi

Where do I find my Drafts?

I had one in Romance Novels thread, where I´ve put my thoughts about Makenzies Series and planned to post it all-in-one when I finish the series - and it disappeared!!! 😭
...and I don´t see anything like "Open Drafts..." .....

Tnx!

Hi

I had one in Romance Novels thread, where I´ve put my thoughts about Makenzies Series and planned to post it all-in-one when I finish the series - and it disappeared!!! 😭

Tnx!
Drafts are located at the bottom of respective threads, where Replies are written. Draft post stays saved there for few days (I think 5) and then gets deleted (if no new edits have been done, I think).
So, if a reply takes longer to get done, it's suggested to write Draft offline (in some text editor) and then when ready to post it just copy-paste it in the thread.
Hope this helped.

Drafts are located at the bottom of respective threads, where Replies are written. Draft post stays saved there for few days (I think 5) and then gets deleted (if no new edits have been done, I think).
So, if a reply takes longer to get done, it's suggested to write Draft offline (in some text editor) and then when ready to post it just copy-paste it in the thread.
Hope this helped.
I was hoping that there is also some place where one can see all of them and not that they dissapear. :-(
Tnx.....

• Sad
Reactions: zak
I was hoping that there is also some place where one can see all of them and not that they dissapear. :-(
Tnx.....
You can manually save drafts so you are sure not to lose anything. I have not noticed any expiration limit but there may be one.

Save Drafts.png

They are saved in the threads where they are created. I do not know of a central listing place.

You can manually save drafts so you are sure not to lose anything. I have not noticed any expiration limit but there may be one.

View attachment 42279

They are saved in the threads where they are created. I do not know of a central listing place.
I did exactly that and now it isn't there anymore.

I also noticed that some posts I've read before, now appear unread - when I click on the thread, it brings me to the beginning of the thread and not to the last read.

🤷‍♀️

I did exactly that and now it isn't there anymore.

I also noticed that some posts I've read before, now appear unread - when I click on the thread, it brings me to the beginning of the thread and not to the last read.

🤷‍♀️
Did you post the draft? Once it is posted it will not be there as a draft. I think going to the beginning is normal unless you click on a recent alert for a thread. You would have to remember or browse through recent pages to find where you left off.

Hi

Tnx!
In theory, it should autosave in editor often ( I wasn't sure of the interval). But when the post is large or had tables or bullets etc., I prefer to do it on my local editor and copy paste it. There are times, I lost what I typed forcing to rewrite it. Some times, we involuntarily push some buttons that takes us to different screen and if not is saved by that time, we can lose it. IMHO it depends on the specific situation.

Drafts are only stored for 7 days. So the system may have auto-deleted it.
Good to know! Thank you!

Mari, you may want to just type up what you want to post in something like a Word or Libre document or notepad. Once you know you have finished it, you can, then, post it.
Did that, and I had my notes all around (concerning this romance novels): in my telephone, on my computer, my kindle, all around depending where I was reading,... 🤭
So I thought to use this Draft option and just put all in there....
And since I´m joggling between homeschooling my kids and my work in last weeks, there wasn´t that much time to finish my readings - and to update my Draft.
...what to say.... now I know - after 7 days, Drafts go away.....

Thank you all!!! :-)

Hi there, after a bit of help. for some reason I've lost the ability to use the formatting menu above the reply box where you type. It's not highlighted as it was previously..

I'm using my android phone so not sure what I've done. Any advice would be appreciated though I do have another device I can use.

Back
Top Bottom