Near-Earth objects and close calls

tschai

Jedi Council Member
hi Glenn,
your post was kind of hit and run, and rather cryptic...

ok, well, let's have a look see... which post, yesterday at 10:02 or today ?

with respect to yesterday's post:
"uh huh View attachment 62058" ... that's me slapping my head, figuratively speaking of course. i do the same thing when i see people driving alone while wearing a mask in their vehicle.

with respect to today's 10:42 post:

yes / no or close ended questions are simple, agreed; they require the answer of a 'yes' or a 'no', both of which are called an 'absolute' and are useful for testing knowledge i.e. on a test.
open ended questions on the other hand require a longer answer and demonstrate an understanding of the subject and invite discussion. i'm not trying to be witty; i'm pointing out that close ended questions are pointless in a forum for opening up enquiry.

here are a couple of open ended examples:

" hey goggles, i didn't understand your post; what are your thoughts about the WEBB photos ? "

" hey goggles, why do you think that the photos aren't real ? "

your hit and run and cryptic comment about my post is your opinion, i respect that; however, if you want to ask me some open ended questions about WEBB i'd be more than happy to discuss such.
hi tschai,

yes, i was expressing doubt in my op; and maybe that was what Glenn thought was cryptic - so thanks, i'll remember that and not be cryptic again to avoid any ambiguity.

a good chunk of my career was spent checking, investigating root cause, finding out why things will, won't, or didn't work in the mechanical engineering field, in the heavy industry, nuclear, and telecom areas - yet i'm no photographer, i often photograph my thumb when using my iphone.

in a nut shell here's why i doubt that the photographs are "real":

NASA's live web feeds have been edited as shown by several youtube graphic artists and other photographic professionals.
why would NASA do this ? i'm not making this up - there are serious video discrepancies or glitches, with many people asking questions but not receiving answers about NASA's video footage over the years.

NASA has repeatedly told the public that ALL the Apollo era technology was lost; all the engineering, scientific, photographs and equipment; NASA is part and parcel of the US DoD.
if you're a civilian engineer working on a corporate project for the DoD you would know what the term micro managed means to the nth degree - we're talking about stuff that supposedly went to the moon - not a redesign of some airplane landing gear - but something sent off the planet ! they lost it ? nope i don't by it - so why would they lie about losing it ? well, maybe because they didn't send anything to the moon. ever.

and finally, the "real" deal breaker:
NASA has, over the last few years, said that any craft designed for a trip to Mars has to be heavily shielded against the VA belt radiation. hmmmm. ok. so how did the guys in Apollo get through it ? NASA shills will say they simply went around it ... nope.
the VA belt radiation isn't like a campfire. one doesn't just do a fly by or go around it like these shills tell us. the VA high speed particles damaged a space shuttle a few times and they were no where near it.
People have been programmed by TV and media repetition, imo, to believe the lunar capsule, literally an aluminium can, without any shielding, made it through the VA belt twice *. i haven't even mentioned the effect of temperature on that tin can.

and this concludes why, imo, the photos are fake. very well digitally created, yet fake.

* here is a question asked of the C’s from the last session:
(vulcan59) Have humans flown past the Van Allen radiation belts?
A: Yes. More than once too!

i've included the above question to demonstrate why a yes/no question offers nothing other than yes or no answer - because interpreting the answer leads to ambiguity.
had the question been open. i.e. asking with the words when, who, how ... might have removed ambiguity - imo the C's were not talking about the Apollo mission astronauts as some people may have inferred - rather humans from another planet or another time frame.
on the other hand maybe the C's were talking about the Apollo guys, i dunno, i could be mistaken too. :-)

cheers
okay- I have my answer, thanks.

Nienna

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Well, I think it is a pretty simple question, considering that your post was kind of hit and run, and rather cryptic...
Yes, it was a simple question that did not need a smart-alecky answer. It would have been too simple, I guess, to just answer the question with an answer that was more than "yes" or "no". Like, "No, and here's why....."

G

goggles paisano

Yes, it was a simple question that did not need a smart-alecky answer. It would have been too simple, I guess, to just answer the question with an answer that was more than "yes" or "no". Like, "No, and here's why....."

noted, thank you for the feedback

:-)

G

goggles paisano

... "No, and here's why....."

@Glenn and @Nienna,

i've answered @tschai 's question, and you both commented on my wording and i feel things are not well here :-(, i was wondering if you are interested in sharing your thoughts about the WEBB galaxy photos: do you think they are real or not and if so why :-) ?

i've not asked with cryptic, hit and run, smartalecky or intent otherwise ... just curiosity with respect to the forum's topic.

thank you

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
@Glenn and @Nienna,

i've answered @tschai 's question, and you both commented on my wording and i feel things are not well here :-(, i was wondering if you are interested in sharing your thoughts about the WEBB galaxy photos: do you think they are real or not and if so why :-) ?

i've not asked with cryptic, hit and run, smartalecky or intent otherwise ... just curiosity with respect to the forum's topic.

thank you

Please take this discussion elsewhere as this thread has a dedicated purpose.

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Perhaps this video was already shared elsewhere. It's a recent and cool (in a somewhat concerning way ;-)) video that shows how impact of meteorites of various sizes looks like over densly populated areas.

But there are several comments. Although they did show with the first (smaller) meteors how an overhead explotion looks like, in case of "similar to Tunguska event" they made it to impact the earth, while in reality there is no crater after Tunguska event and recent paper by Russian researchers indicates that it was a fragment that only "grazed" the atmosphere and bounced back into space in an angle. But I guess their depiction is still fine, since it allows us to see what damage meteorite this size can do.

We can see that Chelaybinsk meteorite (20 meters) already does some damage, It also depends on an angle of entry, speed and weight, not only size. The next one is a 50 meters meteorite. And although they write that this size falls only every 900 years, it's possible that this is the size that we could be seeing more often in the future. Maybe the 20-50 meter range.

Last edited:

Puma

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Fireballs in Japan.

This is a camera view of the fireball that flowed at 10:53:01 p.m. on August 9, 2022, from Fuji, Japan, pointing west; the Perseid meteor shower will peak before dawn on August 13, and this was a fireball of scattered meteors.
This is a view of the fireball that flowed at 4:09:13 on August 10, 2022, as captured by a camera pointed southeast from Hiratsuka. It pierced the constellation Orion and left a beautiful green meteor trail. It's been a hot day, but the winter constellations are already rising at dawn. the Perseid meteor shower will reach its peak before dawn on August 13, and it was a fireball of scattered meteors.

Laurentien2

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Meteor burst with "audio" and video over Utah, and Idaho. Reports done be several local news stations.

Was sitting outside this morning at 7:00 am and heard this loud boum! I checked it if there was any report for failiure of electricity with Hydro-Quebec around where I live and there was none. It wasn't a transformer explosing not the same sound. I ran after up my driveway to have a view of the sky facing north as the sound came from that direction and there wasn't any trail but still it was so loud. There is no construction on sunday so it wasn't tnt either.

KS

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
I found an interesting video yesterday regarding the consequences of a collision with a massive object. It's educative storytelling done with very limited means, but it really stimulates the imagination, and one can feel the terror of that kind of situation. The whole video lasts more than 6 hours, but I highly recommend watching the first 10 minutes and then using the timecode in the description to skip to interesting parts. Probably it's best to view the first segments (till "the Impact") as one views news on the TV: run it in the background when doing some other things.
The last day of mankind and Cenozoic is coming. The red comet discovered last summer is the twin of the impactor who wiped out dinosaurs 66 million years ago. Same mass, same size, same impact location. Chicxulub impactor was probably an asteroid, but a comet is more beautiful. The comet has simply to be bigger than an asteroid to release the same impact energy. Here the impact parameters:

diameter : 17 km
density : 2630 kg per cubic meter
velocity : 25 km/s
impact angle : 60°
Source : A steeply-inclined trajectory for the Chicxulub impact - Nature Communications

you're right, this is the updated version of my first impact simulation released one year ago. Better rendering, enhanced maps quality, and new features, such as the firestorm induced by the atmospheric reentry of the impact debris.

Maps have been produced using Rstudio, and the pre-impact visuals come from Space Engine.

Top Bottom