Mystery of falling dead birds and masses of dead fish

http://www.lsuagcenter.com/NR/rdonlyres/FC7A9DFB-EF55-455E-BED6-AB0D2B44AEDE/28980/BayouBeefTipsNewsletterVirusComplex.pdf

BayouBeefTipsNewsletter said:
Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis
IBR (Infectious Bovine
Rhinotracheitis) is a complex of
diseases occurring throughout the
United States. It is also known as
red nose. Symptoms include
respiratory, eye infections and
abortions. The respiratory form
usually affects concentrated groups
of cattle such as in feedlots. The first
signs of the disease (rapid and
labored respiration, nasal discharge,
fever, loss of appetite) appear about a
week after infection. Fifteen to one
hundred percent of the group may
become ill with a death rate of 0-5%.

From what I've gathered from this .pdf and some of the cattle forums, IBR/BVD is more prevalent in feedlot cattle, whose immune systems are compromised due to stress, not among field cows under low stress.

US governement now say it's their fault. Smokescreening?

_http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2011/0120/Bye-Bye-Blackbird-USDA-acknowledges-a-hand-in-one-mass-bird-death?cmpid=addthis_twitter&sms_ss=twitter&at_xt=4d3ac0af478f1f4b,0

Beebe Arkansas, Bio Bio Chile, ... Bye Bye Blackbird? Weird.

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) took responsibility for hundreds of dead starlings that were found on the ground and frozen in trees in a Yankton, S.D., park on Monday.

The USDA's Wildlife Services Program, which contracts with farmers for bird control, said it used an avicide poison called DRC-1339 to cull a roost of 5,000 birds that were defecating on a farmer's cattle feed across the state line in Nebraska. But officials said the agency had nothing to do with large and dense recent bird kills in Arkansas and Louisiana.

Just to clarify, they are claiming responsibility for the mass death in Yankton, S.D. but no others.

Re: Dying and dead birds

ripvanwinkle said:
davey72 said:
ripvanwinkle said:
I've noticed all of the articles on SOTT about birds dying for no apparent reason in Arkansas, Italy, and around the world. Although I haven't noticed any dead or dying birds I have noticed over the last few weeks that there are robins all over the place. I have lived in the midwest USA my entire life. I am in my early 50's. I have never seen robins in this area this time of year. They leave in the Fall and come back in the Spring. But, I have never seen them here in January. Weird. Just another thing to think about.
This just made me realize that just before the news of all of this hit, i was watching the canada geese fly south, and commenting that it was an odd thing to see this far into the winter. :huh:
EDIT: come to think of it, they were flying in a few different directions, not just south.

Here in the good ole' midwest USA the geese will sometimes stay overwinter if they can find food to eat. So, that may or may not be that surprising. But lately I've also noticed the geese flying in different directions as if they're not sure what direction to go.

Just ran into the same thing yesterday.

Two whole groups, perhaps a hundred geese in all, in those giant arrow formations. They were flying low, all making those goose honking noises, and flying South-West.

This seemed really weird to me, because it's damned cold and there's nothing for birds to eat. I've never seen anything like that before; geese fly South in the Fall, not the dead of Winter. I hoped they were going to be okay, as the temperature is still really low.

I don't know if it is related but i found this funny incident in SOTT in French:
http://fr.sott.net/articles/show/2358#comment1058

Approximate translation:
Two doves symbolizing peace released by Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday during the Angelus prayer refused to fly and entered through an open window of the Vatican, said a photographer from AFP.

Maybe this funny event may mean something?

mkrnhr said:
I don't know if it is related but i found this funny incident in SOTT in French:
http://fr.sott.net/articles/show/2358#comment1058

Approximate translation:
Two doves symbolizing peace released by Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday during the Angelus prayer refused to fly and entered through an open window of the Vatican, said a photographer from AFP.

Maybe this funny event may mean something?

Notice that the pope was with two teenagers. So I think that the doves did not trust him and told him in doing so to return inside and stop telling anything to people. :evil:

Well.. talking about the series of pictures, the little girl is clearly affraid of the dove, and even the pope makes a retreat movement at the end. A little odd.

I think this report probably belongs on this thread.

Mystery disease kills fauna in Sipahijala

OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

Sipahijala sanctuary

Agartala, March 3: Close on the heels of an avian flu outbreak in the state, an unidentified disease has claimed the lives of 10 birds of varied species and three animals in the Sipahijala sanctuary in the past three days.

Authorities of the santuary, 30km south of this town, have initiated precautionary measures and closed the zoo and bird sanctuary to public. They have also banned poultry feed for the birds and animals.

But despite primary tests of blood and other samples collected from the dead animals and birds, no evidence of avian flu or any other known disease has been found by experts of the animal disease diagnosis centre here.

The outbreak of the avian flu, first noticed in the state-run R.K. Nagar cattle farm on the eastern outskirts of Agartala last month, led to largescale culling of ducks, found to be the carriers of the deadly virus. Experts said the outbreak has been nipped in the bud, with the successful completion of the culling process.

But the new development at the sanctuary has sounded a fresh alarm.

The wildlife conservator in the sanctuary, Ajit Bhowmik, said the first deaths occurred on February 28 and continued till this morning. “Till yesterday, one eagle, two owls, two kites, one small crane and two leopard cats died, but this morning, two night herons, one pond heron, one white-necked stork and one wildcat were found dead,” said Bhowmik, adding that attempts at diagnosis of the disease responsible for the fatalities have failed.

He said prima facie, there have been no signs of the deadly avian flu infection. “As the first step, we have quarantined the animals and birds from contact with public and banned poultry feed for them as precautionary measures. This will continue till expert opinion is available and preventive measures are taken,” said Bhowmik.

The chief wildlife warden of the forest department, R.K. Tangwan, said the Bhopal-based High Security Animal Disease Laboratory has already been contacted and samples collected from the dead birds and animals are being sent there. “We have also reported the matter to the animal resource development and veterinary authority in Delhi and a team of experts are expected to arrive here very shortly. We will taken their suggestions and implement them to save lives of animals and birds,” he said.

He added that earlier, a number of deer had died from shock effects of lighting and thunder, “but that was a different problem which we took care of”.

_http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110304/jsp/northeast/story_13663502.jsp

250 crows die in Hazaribagh; samples sent to diagnose disease

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-12-11/ranchi/30504287_1_crows-hazaribagh-bokaro

I wonder if it was in fact any sort of disease that these birds succumbed to. It's now been almost a year since the spate of mysterious mass bird deaths first began. Perhaps they're about to start again judging from these new reports on Sott -

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/238956-US-More-bird-death-Dozens-of-dead-birds-found-in-northwest-New-Mexico

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/238912-US-Thousands-of-birds-make-crash-landing-in-Utah

Could this mas dying be a sort of approaching the realm? Like slowly coming in 4th density?
As I remember the 2nd density beans are going to 3rd if they made the lessons. So there is no place in 4th for them, I think. Why I think so? As many fenomenon, are unexplained to us (3d) are most coming from 4d (high strengness) and we don't understand them. The cases have only one explanation same, death. The rest seams to be pure speculation. (poison, disease, lightning, weather, pollution, magnetic field, sun activity, ect.)

Another mysterious mass bird die off in Utah , hot on the heels of the recent report there on the 14Th Dec -
Officials unsure of cause of mass death of birds in Davis County

CLEARFIELD, Utah—

Wildlife officials and Clearfield city officials are investigating the mysterious death of thousands of starlings in Davis County. State wildlife officials are warning residents to stay away from the dead birds.

Earlier this week, Clearfield city officials cleaned up hundreds of birds from the city park and are now looking at number of potential causes of the mass death, including poisoning.

"Initially there was speculation as to what had caused these birds to die. The reality is we just don't know what caused their deaths," said Phil Douglas, Conservation Outreach Manager for the Division of Wildlife Resources. "There's a variety of things that do happen to wild animals and and many of them have adaptations for surviving these types of things, but sometimes something happens where they just can't survive."

The DWR says they've sent some of the birds to a toxicology lab to be tested. It could be several weeks before they find out the cause of the deaths.

The Dunkley family believes a dead bird made their dog sick. They say they found their dog Chewy with a dead bird in its mouth. Their vet told them she couldn't tell what had caused his illness.

"Vomiting all over the place and just retching real bad," said LeRoy Dunkley. "I don't know who's poisoning the birds or for what reason but if that's why this little dog got sick. He was sick, bad."

Chewy is expected to make a full recovery.

The DWR encourages residents to contact them if they have any issues with their pets or any other wildlife that may have been affected by the dead starlings.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-bird-deaths-officials-unsure-of-cause-of-mass-death-of-birds-in-davis-county-20111222,0,1930007.story

Article shows that these mass death events have been occurring for quite a few years now, not just mainly this year but also 2009 and 2010 in particular with a whole list of such happenings.

Will Mass Death take us along with the birds and fish next year?

IndiaVision Exclusive - Most people read the papers, forget most and get on with the day. Few people see the patterns; the big picture of what is happening in the world. One of the things that has been happening with greater and greater frequency is large and mysterious animal deaths. Something that punsters call flockalypse (as in apocalypse or the end of the world).

A map has come out in Google showing the die offs in 2010/2011. These are only a small percentage of the mysterious mass deaths that actually took place. Not listed here are the U.S. Geological Service's website which lists about 90 mass deaths of birds and other wildlife from June to December 12, 2010.

Time Magazine listed these as unsolved mysteries long before 2010:“In 2004, an estimated 300 hippopotamuses in Uganda's Queen Elizabeth National Park died. In June 2010, 82 hippos died. In January 2006, 200 sea turtles washed up on the shores of El Salvador. Millions of honeybees started disappearing in 2006.

According to the Department of Agriculture, reported bee-colony death rates were 29% in 2009, rising to 34% in 2010. The four main bumblebee populations have plummeted more than 90% in the past 20 years. A mysterious fungal disease has been killing bats across the U.S. since 2006. More than 1 million bats have died .In 2008, 60 pilot whales beached themselves along the rocky coast of the southern Australian island state of Tasmania. A week later, 150 long-finned pilot whales did the same. Then, in January 2009, 45 sperm whales stranded themselves on a Tasmanian sandbar. 194 pilot whales and a handful of bottleneck dolphins beached themselves along the same coastline in March. In June 2009 hundreds of pelicans from Oregon to Mexico were found dead .In 2009, 1,200 penguins were found dead in March in southern Chile. In April, millions of sardines washed ashore nearby.

Thousands of Andean flamingos abandoned their nests in Chile, leaving their 2,000 chicks to die in their shells. In late May, 60 pelicans were found dead in Chile’s central coast. “This is nothing compared to 2010/2011January 2010: Thousands of dead walleye fish washed up on Lake Erie, USA. Millions of camels, goats, sheep, cows, yaks and horses died in Mongolia. 503 manatee carcasses were found on the Florida coast. (This happened again in January 2011) .100 tons of tilapia were found dead in Lake Buhi in Manila, Philippines. More than 2 dozen seals washed up on New Jersey shores, USA March 2010: 308 dead baby whales in the waters around Peninsula Valdes along Argentina's Patagonian Coast. This is the single largest great whale die-off on record.

*January -July 2010: Seven whales washed ashore along the West coast of Ghana May 2010: 12,000 saiga antelopes found dead in Kazakhstan. June 2010: Thousands of baby spotted filefish washed up on the shores of the Cayman Islands near Cuba. August 2010: Over 6 million fish and thousands of alligators, turtles, dolphins and other river wildlife died in Bolivian rivers in Santa Cruz, Beni and Tarija. Nothing like this has ever been seen in Bolivia.

*October 2010: Thousands of migratory shearwaters birds found dead on Queensland beaches.

*November 6 2010: 33 pilot whales beached themselves on Rutland Island near Burtonport, Ireland.

*December 2010: 83,000 dead drumfish washed up along the Arkansas River. Thousands of dead fish found in Lake Azuei in Haiti.80 dead pigeons fell from the sky in St.-Augustin-de-Desmaures, Canada. Thousands of dead fish found in a lake inside Sydney Airport. Beaches near Charleston, South Carolina, USA littered with hundreds of dead starfish and jellyfish. Several million (150 tonnes) red tilapia fish died in Cao Lanh District,Vietnam. Thousands of dead birds found in Manitoba, Canada. 100 tons of dead fish washed ashore in Paraná, Paranaguá , Brazil. Thousands of fish turned up dead in Lapu-Lapu city, Philippines.

*Shortly before midnight on New Year's Eve between 3000 and 500 red winged blackbirds fell from the sky in Beebe, USA. 2011 started with dead birds mysteriously falling from the sky all over the world. Thousands of birds fell in Arkansas, California and Missouri, Louisiana, Kentucky, USA. 50 more fell in Sweden. Hundreds of blackbirds dropped out of the sky in New Zealand as well as 200 starlings in Sannitica, Italy followed by 40 turtle doves in San Cesario Italy.

America has the most recorded mass deaths in 2011: 300 dead birds in Alabama ; 3000 birds fall dead in Arkansas; 100 dead pelicans found on the beaches of Topsail Island; 200 dead starlings in South Dakota; hundreds of dead birds in Texas; Ohio finds 200 dead geese and ducks along Lake Erie; 1 million menhaden fish found dead on Florida; Hundreds of dead birds in Dacono, Colorado; Hundreds of dead Atlantic Striped Bass in North Carolina; 50 birds found dead in Indiana; 120 dead birds found in Tennessee; Thousands of trout die on Carolina coasts; Hundreds of birds found dead in western Kentucky ; Hundreds of dead fish found in Detroit, Michigan ;Thousands of fish found dead in Florida creek ; 500 dead birds fall from sky in Louisiana ;100,000 dead fish wash ashore on Arkansas River; Hundreds of dead birds found on the streets in Murray and Gilbertsville, Kentucky; Hundreds of dead birds on the highway in Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana; hundreds of birds fall dead in Lake Charles.Louisiana; two million dead fish found floating in the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland ; 100 dead pelicans found along the beaches of Topsail Island; 200 dead starlings in Yankton, South Dakota; hundreds of birds found dead in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma; Hundreds of dead birds found on a California highway; Thousands of dead gizzard shad fish turned up in the harbours of Chicago;. Thousands of fish washed up on Ohio beaches; Millions of small fish found dead at Redondo Beach, California; A foot-deep layer of dead fish flooded the King Harbour Marina, Los Angeles; Millions of jellyfish beached themselves at Volusia County, Florida; 20,000 fish found dead in Texas lake.

And the rest of the world? January 2011: 4 000 birds died in lakes of Guanajuato, Mexico ;Thousands of dead turtle doves found dead in Faenza, Italy; 40,000 Devil crabs found dead on the Thanet coast of England;Thousands of fish found dead in Yamuna River Mathura, India; Mass fish deaths in the Gulistan Province of Iran sector of the Caspian Sea;Thousands of dead fishes and turtles found dead at Pakka Talab, Etawah ,India;Hundreds of shad fish found dead in St. Clair River, Canada; Hundreds of dead birds discovered on the banks of the river Xiaoqing,China; Beaches in Cedar,Canada found covered with hundreds of dead herring; Thousands of birds fall in Bio Bio,Chile;Hundreds of fish found dead in Tambun, Malaysia;Thousands of dead fish washed ashore in El Llanito, Columbia; Dozens of dead migratory cranes found in Japan; Hundreds of dead snapper washed up on Coromandel beaches on the North Island, New Zealand ; Dozens of dead ducks found in Auckland, New Zealand ; Twenty-four pilot whales died in New Zealand's Parengarenga Harbour; Eider Ducks died like flies In the harbour at Andenes, Norway; 500 kg of dead octopus found on a 3 km stretch of beach in Portugal; Thousands of dead black birds found dead in Romanian cities, Constanta and Bistrita; Hundreds of dead birds found in Falkirk, Sweden; in Taichung County ,Taiwan more than 100 wild birds found dead; Large numbers of dead barn owls found in Scotland; Thousands of fish die in Pantanal, Brazil; Hundreds of dead herring found on beach in BC, Canada;. 10 tons of fish washed up on beach near Sao Paulo; Hundreds of dead fish found in N. Ireland; Hundreds of dead fish found in Manchester, UK;. Hundreds of dead fish appear on beach in Peru ; 2.5 million kg of fish die at Chinese fish farm; Dead fish cover shore of Papau New Guinea village, Pari . Hundreds of dead fish found in the marina near Abergavenny, United Kingdom.February 2011: 300 dead sparrows found in Rotorua, New Zealand; 80 tons of dead fish wash up in Rio lagoon, Brazil; Thousands of squid found dead in Derwent, Tasmania; Thousands of juvenile barracouta found dead at two sites in Tasmania; Thousands of dead fish and birds carpet surface of river in Windsor, Canada

March 2011:15,000 dead crayfish, eels and fish wash up on West Australia beach; 50 melon-headed whales found stranded on Japanese shore.

July 2011: Millions of dead jellyfish clogged up the Orot Rabin plant in Hadera, Israel, a day after the Torness nuclear facility in Scotland was closed in a similar fashion by jellyfish; 546 dead penguins washed up on beaches in Sao Paolo, Brazil. 60 pilot whales died in a mass stranding near the northwestern tip of Scotland *March- November 2011: Hundreds of birds round Geleshan Forest Park in Chongqing, China fell dead for six months October, 2010 - Around 1,500 dead birds found on Ukraine's Bolshoi Dzendzik Island, Ukraine.November 2011: 7000 fish found dead at Woolwash Lagoon, Australia.* I have only listed about 2 % of the mass deaths. Something strange is happening. Birds are falling dead out of the sky and fish are washing up dead on shores around the world. Will the next year take us along with the birds and fish? What can I say – Happy New Year??

Maneka Gandhi

edit - forgot link

http://www.indiavision.com/news/article/featured/262791/will-mass-death-take-us-along-with-the-birds-and-fish-next-year/

Over 30 Birds Mysteriously Die on Montgomery Co. Road

There's a bizarre scene in Montgomery County where dozens of birds are dead.

More than 30 birds are lying dead on Indian Mound Drive at the intersection of Grassy Lick Road in Mt. Sterling.

All the birds appear to be the same species, and seem to have died and landed at this spot all at once.

No word yet about what caused their death.

The strange sight was first spotted on Christmas morning by people who live nearby.

"Yesterday morning around 9:30 a.m. I pulled out on to the bypass, and there was a whole slew of birds," explains local resident Karen Williams. "I didn't know where they came from. I didn't know. I thought if someone shot them there was an awful lot of shooting going on but I don't know," said Williams.

State wildlife officials tell LEX18 they expect crews to remove the birds on Tuesday.

Video report -

http://www.lex18.com/news/over-30-birds-mysteriously-die-on-montgomery-co-road

Back
Top Bottom