Living without food

From the thread about the indian man..

Is it possible for humans in 3D to learn whatever is necessary to learn and go on living without any food or drink at all?

I mean to learn in present time, now, here, us Eiru Eolas II so to speak.

R

PD. And pushing the envelope a bit...HOW? :P

Hi Eliansito,

That would be great indeed under certain circumstances ;)

From my current understanding, I think that it's not possible or even recommended (breatharian :p) for the vast majority of people because we're still in 3D, such rare occurences of being able to live without food are interesting because it suggest that there is a possibility to find sustenance from something else.
I remember reading about people who did this, most of them, unvoluntarily, and they really suffered a lot and were not able to do anything at all but rest in bed. Interestingly they were from Christian roots.

eliansito said:
From the thread about the indian man..

Is it possible for humans in 3D to learn whatever is necessary to learn and go on living without any food or drink at all?

I mean to learn in present time, now, here, us Eiru Eolas II so to speak.

R

PD. And pushing the envelope a bit...HOW? :P

Maybe the path towards that is learning how to first live only be eating the right foods. Which ain't so easy, not just in terms of getting hold of decent food but in mastering the body's cravings. Don't know about trying a 'no food' diet, maybe that guy didn't eat, but I wonder how his thinking faculties were holding up?

eliansito, in the '70 years without food and water' thread you mention the book 'Autobiography of a Yogi'. I think the 'yogi' you were referring to was Babaji and I loosely remember that story as well. Apparently Babaji also went for long periods without eating or drinking. Not 70 years, but he also was said to have an amazing amount of energy, much of it physically.

Also, I recall in Ram Dass' 'Be Here Now' that his Indian guru only ever occasionally ate an orange, nothing else.

In both cases breathing and meditation were emphasized.

I agree with Tigersoap though. For most people in 3D(and I'm not really sure Babaji was 100%) it is likely dangerous and doesn't really seem to be necessary. You sure would wow your friends(and the military) though if one could pull it off! ;D

In the book 'Autobiography of a Yogi' Yogananda traveled to Bavaria in Southern Germany to meet Theresa Neumann who apparently only ate communion wafers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therese_Neumann

True or not I don't know....

cholas said:
eliansito, in the '70 years without food and water' thread you mention the book 'Autobiography of a Yogi'. I think the 'yogi' you were referring to was Babaji and I loosely remember that story as well. Apparently Babaji also went for long periods without eating or drinking. Not 70 years, but he also was said to have an amazing amount of energy, much of it physically.

I found the chapter!! I post here, the chapter is too long, if anyone wants to read it in its entirety here is the link ___http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext05/ayogi10.txt look for chapter 46 "Giri Bala the woman yogi that never eats"

CHAPTER: 46

THE WOMAN YOGI WHO NEVER EATS

"Sir, whither are we bound this morning?" Mr. Wright was driving
the Ford; he took his eyes off the road long enough to gaze at me
with a questioning twinkle. From day to day he seldom knew what
part of Bengal he would be discovering next.

"God willing," I replied devoutly, "we are on our way to see an
eighth wonder of the world-a woman saint whose diet is thin air!"

"Repetition of wonders-after Therese Neumann." But Mr. Wright laughed
eagerly just the same; he even accelerated the speed of the car.
More extraordinary grist for his travel diary! Not one of an average
tourist, that!

The Ranchi school had just been left behind us; we had risen before
the sun. Besides my secretary and myself, three Bengali friends
were in the party. We drank in the exhilarating air, the natural
wine of the morning. Our driver guided the car warily among the
early peasants and the two-wheeled carts, slowly drawn by yoked,
hump-shouldered bullocks, inclined to dispute the road with a
honking interloper.

"Sir, we would like to know more of the fasting saint."

"Her name is Giri Bala," I informed my companions. "I first heard
about her years ago from a scholarly gentleman, Sthiti Lal Nundy.
He often came to the Gurpar Road home to tutor my brother Bishnu."

"'I know Giri Bala well,' Sthiti Babu told me. 'She employs a
certain yoga technique which enables her to live without eating. I
was her close neighbor in Nawabganj near Ichapur. {FN46-1} I made
it a point to watch her closely; never did I find evidence that
she was taking either food or drink. My interest finally mounted so
high that I approached the Maharaja of Burdwan {FN46-2} and asked
him to conduct an investigation. Astounded at the story, he invited
her to his palace. She agreed to a test and lived for two months
locked up in a small section of his home. Later she returned for a
palace visit of twenty days; and then for a third test of fifteen
days. The Maharaja himself told me that these three rigorous
scrutinies had convinced him beyond doubt of her non-eating state.'

"This story of Sthiti Babu's has remained in my mind for over
twenty-five years," I concluded. "Sometimes in America I wondered
if the river of time would not swallow the YOGINI {FN46-3} before
I could meet her. She must be quite aged now. I do not even know
where, or if, she lives. But in a few hours we shall reach Purulia;
her brother has a home there."

It is true that one should proceed step by step (I haven't even started EE :-[) nevertheless I think it is an interesting topic to find more about. Curiosity killed the cat...(but the cat had 7 lives)

eliansito said:
It is true that one should proceed step by step (I haven't even started EE :-[) nevertheless I think it is an interesting topic to find more about. Curiosity killed the cat...(but the cat had 7 lives)

It's also a good distraction. :)

Indeed, but this is not about me or any member in particular, any topic can be a distraction for someone while at the same time provide useful information for the community as a whole or for another part of the community. Anyway, if the question is worth the teams and the C's time there it is. :)

eliansito said:
Indeed, but this is not about me or any member in particular, any topic can be a distraction for someone

That's not true - there is distraction and there is truth. There are A influences and there are B influences, as well, so it's not true that 'any topic' can be a distraction for someone. Objectivity is not a distraction, it is truth.

e said:
while at the same time provide useful information for the community as a whole or for another part of the community

This simply doesn't make much sense.

I could obsess and occupy myself in any section of this forum indefinitely, thus being a distraction for me, while the same very things I distract myself with would be useful to any or every other member. (truth is objective and lies in the info presented you say, distraction is subjective and lies in the reader is what I meant)

If the question of living without food is a worthy one, I would like to see the C's reply, if it is not let it die until the next indian man..that is all.

eliansito said:
I could obsess and occupy myself in any section of this forum indefinitely, thus being a distraction for me, while the same very things I distract myself with would be useful to any or every other member. (truth is objective and lies in the info presented you say, distraction is subjective and lies in the reader is what I meant)

Okay.

e said:
If the question of living without food is a worthy one, I would like to see the C's reply, if it is not let it die until the next indian man..that is all.

Not sure what you mean by 'until the next indian man' - but it sounds like you might be a little defensive? Usually when people want others to just drop a subject it's because the discussion is not going the way they want it to go. Could that be the case here?

Not sure what discussion you refer to: the one about distractions or the one about the question to the C's?

If it is the one we engaged about distractions by my understanding was solved and finished with my explanation and confirmed by your "Okay" and the last line you saw as defensive was rounding up and leaving it to the board to decide if it was a worthy question, accepting any case yet expressing my inclinations or preferences for it to be asked.

If you referred to the discussion on living without food question to the C's If someone adds something else the topic of the question, discussion will start again and I have no problem whatsoever, it was not my intention to drop the subject, I raised the subject in the first place and I have all the interest in its disscusion.

My words will appear charged to you, and some will be, others won't, I ask you for a little trust also.

R

eliansito said:
Indeed, but this is not about me or any member in particular, any topic can be a distraction for someone while at the same time provide useful information for the community as a whole or for another part of the community. Anyway, if the question is worth the teams and the C's time there it is. :)

The reason I said that this was a good distraction is because you seem to be quite interested in how to live without food and water and, yet, you haven't even started doing EE, which could be quite a lot of help in preparing you for whatever may be coming in the future.

It was just an observation as you seem to be a little identified with it. Just my take on it. :)

Nienna Eluch said:
The reason I said that this was a good distraction is because you seem to be quite interested in how to live without food and water

I am interested in the topic (***) as I am interested in many other topics, as for distractions goes I have a huge list of them, and this one doesnt even compute as distraction let alone identification, I think the focus of the thread should be on the relevance of the topic (if it has any, still to be discussed) instead of focusing on the wording/intention of the poster in this section (osit). The question is of broader scope imo than it is on my particular interest.

***Note, (-in the topic-), I am not seriously considering being able to do such thing and am well aware on the progressive nature of any worthy development regarding the work. The question if answered could bring an understanding on many areas all related to the work in 3D and our nature. Since breathing is a key component of the Work and those people claim to have done such a feat through breathing, there lies the relevance IMHO.

Hi Eliansito. The practice of subsisting without food or water for such and such amount of time is impressive yet I would hanker a guess also that it's not that impressive in regards to the Work a it has the tendancy to be a bit of a 'slight of hand'. Only in the sense that it might be possible for many persons to wow us with their crafts, if the emphasis is to entice people, to attract followers and deceive, it becomes nothing more than a distraction.

It reminds me of a historic figure such as Rasputin, for example, who seemed to be pretty keen on creating an ''other worldly' perception of himself for the ruling family at that time. And though he apparently possessed many 'gifts', they had a heavy STS aura surrounding them. Maybe a person preparing for 4D STS?

Kind of a 'dark wizard' approach. IE, heavy on the distraction, misleading yet ''gifted'' at the same time.

My thoughts anyway.

Back
Top Bottom