Joining the private FOTCM Board

Was hoping this lockdown nonsense would be over soon but it has (surprise!) yet again been extended... I am wondering if it would be ok to complete the form online and then write / mail an accompanying signed letter confirming my personal details?
Yes, if nothing else works, like the solutions suggested above. Write at least the basic data on a letter - your full name, DoB, adress(es), phone number(s), make sure it's clear what the purpose /title of that letter is, sign it properly and mail it to the US HQ, Fill in the online application and submit. That should be good enough, at least for now.

Yes, if nothing else works, like the solutions suggested above. Write at least the basic data on a letter - your full name, DoB, adress(es), phone number(s), make sure it's clear what the purpose /title of that letter is, sign it properly and mail it to the US HQ, Fill in the online application and submit. That should be good enough, at least for now.
Magic! Thanks so much for replying so quickly. I will do that tonight. 🌟

Sent my paper copy on Friday. Is there an average timeframe before granted membership?
Hi Xopher, we've got your application, thank you! It's being processed and if things go as planned, we will send you your membership papers later this month. In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you around participating in the forum. :)

Hello...
I have tried to apply to the FOTCM three times and each time it has said an error occurred. I have completed the form and read the documents connected to this and checked the boxes to confirm i have read them, as well as completing the ‘I am not a robot’ exercise.

I don’t know what is happening. Any suggestions? 🙃

Hello...
I have tried to apply to the FOTCM three times and each time it has said an error occurred. I have completed the form and read the documents connected to this and checked the boxes to confirm i have read them, as well as completing the ‘I am not a robot’ exercise.

I don’t know what is happening. Any suggestions? 🙃

Hey forest light, whenever a website is playing up like this I usually delete cookies and clear the cache and it often helps.

The problem of sites crashing right before checkout or submitting a form is also often solved by using them in private browsing. TransferWise and some airlines crashed on me at checkout very often until I started using them in private browsing mode. I haven’t had any issues since.

Depending on the OS you’re using, to access private browsing please use one of the following keyboard shortcuts:
  1. Windows, Linux, or Chrome OS: Ctrl + Shift + n.
  2. Mac: ⌘ + Shift + n.
And if all of this fails maybe you could post a screenshot of the error message? This would help someone more technical verify what the issue is.

Good luck with the form :-)

Thanks so much Ant22 ✨
I have been using an apple tablet
Am unsure how to clear the cache on a tablet, but no problem, I will try again using a computer. Thanks so much for the additional advice, will keep a note of that for future reference. :flowers:

To clear the cache in Safari

in iOS for iPad and iPhone

Go to > Settings
Then scroll down to > Safari
There you scroll down to > Clear history and website data and press down and confirm.

This will empty out the cache and cookies and browsing history in Safari. However it also takes away any open windows “tabs”, too.

It is good to clear Safari’s cache & cookies from time to time.

I hope this helps :-)

To clear the cache in Safari

in iOS for iPad and iPhone

Go to > Settings
Then scroll down to > Safari
There you scroll down to > Clear history and website data and press down and confirm.

This will empty out the cache and cookies and browsing history in Safari. However it also takes away any open windows “tabs”, too.

It is good to clear Safari’s cache & cookies from time to time.

I hope this helps :-)
That’s awesome, thankyou.

I laugh so hard when I remember I used to be good with computers ( even learned about DOS in the late 80’s 😂 and used to install software for people, do backups etc!) but I had a massive break from computers, ended up living in the bush with with no power and no internet for 7 years (to date). It’s gobsmacking seeing how fast it has all changed... sometimes I feel like I’m looking at a parallel universe that I want no part of!

Thankyou for the clear instructions.
Glad you mentioned about the windows/tabs, I have a lot open!
:hug2:

That’s awesome, thankyou.

I laugh so hard when I remember I used to be good with computers ( even learned about DOS in the late 80’s 😂 and used to install software for people, do backups etc!) but I had a massive break from computers, ended up living in the bush with with no power and no internet for 7 years (to date). It’s gobsmacking seeing how fast it has all changed... sometimes I feel like I’m looking at a parallel universe that I want no part of!

Thankyou for the clear instructions.
Glad you mentioned about the windows/tabs, I have a lot open!
:hug2:
If the open tabs are important to you, and you wish not to loose them…

You could first copy the address in the upper bar in Safari, and paste them, one by one, into the Apple NOTES app. Then you can clear the Safari cache.

Later, you have the links preserves in your Notes app, and can use them again.

I often use the Notes app e.g. for links to videos i wish to watch later. Gosh, i use Notes for almost everything :wow::lol:

Or, you could also save each open window tab in Safari, by saving them as bookmarks.

If the open tabs are important to you, and you wish not to loose them…

You could first copy the address in the upper bar in Safari, and paste them, one by one, into the Apple NOTES app. Then you can clear the Safari cache.

Later, you have the links preserves in your Notes app, and can use them again.

I often use the Notes app e.g. for links to videos i wish to watch later. Gosh, i use Notes for almost everything :wow::lol:

Or, you could also save each open window tab in Safari, by saving them as bookmarks.
Thankyou ! :flowers:
Yep can relate to using notes for e v e r y t h i n g.
Your most excellent tip will help me not have a bazillion windows open at once. Maybe just half a bazillion. 😜

OK, so just applied to FOTCM again...
and despite XPan’s most valiant and kind hearted efforts to assist me,
it turns out that I apparently am incapable of completing the “date of birth” section correctly because I have had this message below so many times I think the “I am not a robot” is pretty darn sure I am a really stupid robot.

“The format of Date of Birth is invalid”

Sheesh.
For the love of all that is good and holy!!!
WHAT am I doing wrong?!

I have tried :

day/month/year
month/day/year

day-month-year
month-day-year

I’ve also tried typing the full year, with four digits, not just the last two digits
I checked I have actually typed the year I was born -
instead of absentmindedly typing the current date for this year
(which I’ve been known to do in the past! 🤪)

While I’m here asking such questions, I have another:
in the emergency contact section, it says “relation to person” I am assuming it means your relationship to the person you are nominating as an emergency contact? Or is it the other way around

ha ha maybe this is an intelligence test and I just flunked. 🙃

Hi forest_light, from what I understand, the signed paper copy is required for legal reasons before admitting anyone to the Member-only FOTCM areas.
No, this is not correct. The signed paper is for legal purposes in order for someone to join FOTCM. It does not give one access to the private board. That is decided upon by the Mods, Amins and Ambasses. The criteria for the private board is discussed in the first post of this thread. We like to get to know someone a bit before admitting them to the private board. That's why posting is so important. And, not just one liners welcoming new members or relaying posts about weather, etc. We like to see how someone interacts with others.

Back
Top Bottom