Increasing PSI??

dant said:
2) GRiM: I tried: hxxp://rapidshare.de/files/23833156/Unleash_Your_Telekinetic_Ability.pdf.html (subbed xx for tt) and file not found?
dant, I would be careful with the rapidshare site.

From: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2326

Moderator said:
rapidshare stores the URL of the linking site and the IP of the person who is downloading. Then it sells the information to "all interested". Please do not provide links to rapidshare or other sites distributing copyrighted material.
fyi.

I just wanted to add a comment about this topic---I am in no way trying to increase psychic ability and I'm not even sure that is possible. However, it is a component of communication that I do wish to understand and everyone has a different opinion about how it works because there is no science book that is willing to say it happens. the best any of us can do is learn as about a topic that we can, even conflicting data and then decide for ourselves what makes the most sense. I read a lot on this site and I always see the quote that knoweldge protects. When I scanned over the material offered by the RV site one of the first things that Dr. Sandor said was that humans have a tendency to see what they want to see instead of seeling what is really there and the lightbulb went off in my head----because is that how folks delude themselves. Some see Bush as a Psychopath and others see him as a god fearing republican caught in a bad situation. Knowledge about ouselves and how the mind operates is very relevant to the material on this site and understanding disinformation is just one more step in discovering the reality of our situation. I've said this before, I intuit lots of things about people I know even over distances, so I've come think that we are connected in some way. This is my one subjective feeling about this. I am interested in the truth of the matter and reality so, I will continue to read what others have to say on the topic because I just might be off track-----knowledge indeed protects!

Seeker 1313 said:
Some see Bush as a Psychopath and others see him as a god fearing republican caught in a bad situation. Knowledge about ouselves and how the mind operates is very relevant to the material on this site and understanding disinformation is just one more step in discovering the reality of our situation.
OK So you want knowledge about "ourselves"? What about this:

Bertrand Russell said:
Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
This explains, in particular, why many people consider Bush to be a god fearing republican. No psi needed.

Ark said:
OK So you want knowledge about "ourselves"? What about this:

Bertrand Russell said:
Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
This explains, in particular, why many people consider Bush to be a god fearing republican. No psi needed.
Bertrand Russell also said, "To find an intelligent person who is happy, is truly rare." (which explains why "ignorance is bliss" -- or so we're told)

and Psychiatrist Carl Jung made this astute observation: "One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable, and therefore, not popular."

So, with all that in mind, if I were "the Decider", my first "Directive" would be to have this cautionary quote engraved above the front door of every school:
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think."
- Adolf Hitler

I myself have no special psi abilities that I know of. I've tried meditation but haven't found the "off" switch for the tape loops continuously running in my head. Any1 I've met who claimed they had psi ability were very much full of themselves. I'd love to learn to quiet the shouting in my head, tho! PEACE

Ominous said:
I myself have no special psi abilities that I know of. I've tried meditation but haven't found the "off" switch for the tape loops continuously running in my head. Any1 I've met who claimed they had psi ability were very much full of themselves. I'd love to learn to quiet the shouting in my head, tho!
I have encountered some people who claimed to have psi abilities yet they didn't 'show' them to me. It may be a 'wishful thinking' on their part. I don't claim to have such abilities myself, but I have been called "empath" and to have "eagle's eyes." I think it has to do with my hearing loss where I have to focus so much with my eyes: reading other people's emotion and faces, and seeing a detailed view, etc.

About meditation. What technique were you using? I find that meditating for ten minutes to be helpful to clear the monkey's chatters in my head. Just focusing on the breathing and letting your thoughts go by (but don't suppress them!). I think it's different for each person.

fwiw.

I think the word "meditation" itself is pretty meaningless, as there as so many ways to "meditate" that have absolutely no relation to one another at all. Some just think and call it meditation. Some try to go into some "other reality" or some "zone" in their heads. Some go into a trance, others try to "connect to nature", some repeat mantras and various words that they believe hold some spiritual significance, some sit in special postures that they believe are spiritually significant, and a zillion other methods and things. All in all, meditation has no one meaning or purpose, and as such, I try to avoid even using that word at all as it just tends to confuse people as everybody has their own assumptions/ideas about what meditation is and/or isn't.

Personally, I do a couple of things that may or may not be termed meditation. I contemplate stuff. I don't sit or do any physical "pose" to do it, I just do it anywhere and whenever, just think. Just try to figure stuff out, sort of an inner monologue. I also sometimes talk to the universe, or the C's, or whatever/whoever cares to listen. Sometimes in my head, sometimes out loud. It probably has a similar effect as when you talk to a psychiatrist who does nothing but nod and listen. When you express your situation/problems/goals/ideas/whatever, it helps you organize them better, helps you understand them better yourself, and often a solution can pop into your head simply as a result of you putting your thoughts into words and telling them to someone/something. So I do that. Often either while reading, while falling asleep at night, or while doing some monotonous activity/chore that doesn't require much thought. Other than about 3 minutes of trying to spin a little paper on a pinhead with my mind, I do no psi experimentation, I feel no need to. I don't dowse either, I think that probably has the same dangers as channeling - that and I don't really have any urge/need to try it. Just my 2 cents :)

Edit: I think "talking to the universe" is safe but dowsing isn't because one of them is just output, the other is you asking for energy interaction with something "other" which can create a conduit/connection, so it's not just output but also input and you don't know who will be doing the "input" and what they're gonna input and why. If I pray/ask for help, I consciously state that I do not welcome any interference with my lessons or life at all, so I am not giving permission to anyone/anything to use my energy, I'm not "inviting" anything or anyone into my life, so STS can't just interfere and claim that I used my free will to ask them to interfere which gave them a karma-free opportunity to do so. No way, if they want to interfere, they do so against my will and at their own risk. Any help I ask for is STO only - and I trust the universe to provide me with all the lessons and experiences I need in a timely manner, without creating any sort of connections to things I don't understand.

ominous said:
I've tried meditation but haven't found the "off" switch for the tape loops continuously running in my head.
One thing that i personally find helpful with an "unquiet mind", is to lie down and observe the thoughts, distancing myself from them, as an observer. It is very hard and you will have to keep reminding yourself to get out of that sea of thoughts when you fall into them again, identifying with them. It also needs a lot of patient and silencing the "i'll never make it" voice.

SAO said:
I also sometimes talk to the universe, or the C's, or whatever/whoever cares to listen.
:lol: ! I have been talking to the universe/God/whatever/whoever cares to listen for as long i can remember, with the condition that nothing/noone answers back in voice, because it would freak me out :o

I loosely followed instructions from Kapluea's (sp?) "3 Pillars of Zen." But that was 12 years ago. & I also have NEVER personally witnessed any kind of "psi" ability from anyone. But, absence of proof is not proof of absence, eh? Thanks for the advice. To gain a bit of control over my rushing thoughts would be spectacular! PEACE

i've had a few OBE's and a couple of mystical experiences. it all started years back with a magic mushroom trip, not that much happened save an incredible feeling of one-ness with everything, but i do believe it opened a door.

at the time of my first OBE in 2005 i was under a lot of emotional distress. i was lying in my bed, eyes shut but wide awake. suddenly i would find myself, looking through my closed eyelids, in a scene, not otherworldly, but more sinister. like walking through a deserted carpark hearing footsteps following me, or seeing an indian man standing over my bed shouting and gesturing wildly. while this was going on i was fully conscious, but my body felt paralysed. i kept getting freaked out so i'd pull myself back into my body and wrench my eyes open. please note i was definitely awake. it kept happening, all these bizarre scenes. until finally it stopped and i was able to get to sleep.

a few months later, again under much distress (i had been horribly betrayed by my boyf). same as before only instead of seeing things i heard all these WIERD noises, can't describe. as before i'd have to jolt myself back in my body to make it stop, but i'd just drift back in that state again. a few days later, i had come to terms with what had happened, and had what i can only describe as an orgasm of the soul. the most incredible feeling of pure love. for the next few days i just felt like i was running on a much higher frequency than normal, i was totally in tune with my intuition. it faded, life carried on, but i have definitely felt 'better equipped' since then.

then, just a month ago, i had my most powerful OBE yet, though this time i was under no distress. it was preceded only by months of very vivid flying dreams. i woke up at 4:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. i was lying down, and started to feel and hear a strange woosh woosh woosh going up to my head. again, my eyes were shut, body paralysed but boy could i see. there's a period of it that i can't recall, i was communicating with these reptilian beings - about what i can't remember. after that, anything i thought of would manifest right in front of me, though my thoughts kept turning to scary things. like i looked up, and instead of seeing my ceiling i saw a huge spiraling staircase with a ghoulish woman walking down toward me. or i thought of ghosts and i heard all this whispering in my ear..

when it happens again i'll be more prepared, i know what to do now - think myself to the places i want to go to, whereas before i was just kinda letting it all happen, perhaps just letting sub-conscious fears bubble up to the surface.

for any skeptics out there - there is much evidence for psychic abilities. you just have to look for it. researchers who "don't believe in this sort of thing" will not look for studies that have been in these areas and will thus conclude that there is no evidence. check out chip brown (i think thats his name but may be wrong, def. chip something) "afterwards, you're a genius" and michael talbot's "the holographic universe".

when something is just an intellectual concept its very easy to dismiss it. but when you actually experience it -- well, if you can't trust your own experience, what can you trust? the goal here is not to gain superpowers, the goal is to understand our place in the universe - why we are here, what we are here to do, and of course, realizing our potential, as individuals and as a species.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
as before i'd have to jolt myself back in my body to make it stop, but i'd just drift back in that state again. a few days later, i had come to terms with what had happened, and had what i can only describe as an orgasm of the soul. the most incredible feeling of pure love.
What makes you think it was "love"? Love of what?

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
there's a period of it that i can't recall, i was communicating with these reptilian beings - about what i can't remember.
Probably a good rule of thumb is - if you see lizzies, and if they're the same lizzies we know of as opposed to manifestations of your own subconscious mind or something, it's not a good thing. Having "orgasms of the soul" may also be a clue that you're being deceived, that your emotions are being manipulated into euphoric states while something else entirely is going on. The grays like to do that during abductions to make people think they had a heavenly spiritual experience of "love" when it was anything but that.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
when something is just an intellectual concept its very easy to dismiss it. but when you actually experience it -- well, if you can't trust your own experience, what can you trust?
Ah but experiences can be very much subjective. Especially if you're not even sure what you're looking at, how how "real" it is, etc. Very often what you think is an "experience" is nothing but a illusion, whether created by external forces or your own mind. And I think it is a bad idea to just trust it and assume it is what it appeared to be. It's good to remember it and keep it in mind, and then study and learn about objective reality, network with others, and carefully and critically analyze the experience and use all available data to give some probability as to what it may have been. But if you're not certain, don't just "trust it" for the sake of having certainty, that's a bad idea.

Jo said:
i've had a few OBE's and a couple of mystical experiences. it all started years back with a magic mushroom trip, not that much happened save an incredible feeling of one-ness with everything, but i do believe it opened a door.
First, I'd like to quote a bit from the rules page, as it's one I've broken more then once so I know it pretty well:
Rules said:
Two, please don't post messages about your illegal pastimes and habits. Signs of the Times does not wish to appear to condone such practises, for reasons that should be pretty obvious if a little common sense is applied. If you do post such stuff, expect it to be deleted immediately.
Second, from the transcripts it's apparent that hallucinagens are a form of self-abridging one's free will. From what I've read and understood it's a form of short-cut, or a crutch, to get somewhere quickly. The problem is that naturally, you're not ready to be there yet, and thus unprepared. So you say you 'opened a door' - what if you don't like what's coming through? Would you even know how to close that 'door'?

Then you go on to describe OBEs that aren't exactly positive, nor controlled, and then you have this tremendously powerful positive experience. If that happened to me I'd be very suspicious and even more skeptical. Then again, I'm constantly wondering if any odd experience is 'engineered' to make me think one way or another.

The last bit that really raises a red flag with me is that you recall 'communication with reptilian beings' and if you've read the wave or adventure series you know that them scaly aliens are anything but our friends. Maybe you haven't read them - if not, may i ask how ya found this forum?

SAO also had some really good points, all in all i wouldn't go messing around with phenomena especially if you find it alluring.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
for any skeptics out there - there is much evidence for psychic abilities. you just have to look for it. researchers who "don't believe in this sort of thing" will not look for studies that have been in these areas and will thus conclude that there is no evidence.
Hey Jo. I don't think you'll find many people here who would deny unusual or unexplained phenomena - to the contary, we pretty much accept the possibility or even big probability of many things from the outside of generally understood "normal perception".

In fact there are many explorers and researchers of the "unknown" among us, however we try to work according to certain guidelines, which might be interesting for you to familiarize with.

To begin with..
Laura said:
It seems quite obvious that any individual who wishes to pursue esoteric studies ought to have a clean and fully functional and most of all HEALTHY psyche before he goes wandering off into unknown realms. After all, if your psychological state is such that you cannot deal effectively with your everyday life, how can you possibly trust such a psychological state not to mislead you in studies where you have fewer solid landmarks or feedback mechanisms to guide you?

And so, the very FIRST order of business in any esoteric work is to get psychologically healthy. That's basically what the Gurdjieff "self-remembering" and Mouravieff "introspection" and Castaneda "recapitulation" is all about.

Sure, it can be referred to in nebulous ways such as "the work of sorcerers" and "recapturing energy" and so on, but it can also be talked about in very practical, scientific, modern terminology with definite examples and techniques for accomplishing this important work of knowing your machine, cleaning and adjusting it so that it works properly, and preparing oneself for more "interesting" esoteric work.
Anyway - this was your first post so.. welcome to the forum!

Hi Jo with many shades.

I concur with what the guys said above, but also 'd like to add:

tmsoj said:
when something is just an intellectual concept its very easy to dismiss it. but when you actually experience it -- well, if you can't trust your own experience, what can you trust?
I had a client at a day treatment center once who would try to kill herself time and time again because this voice in her head kept telling her that she is so horrible, that she is better dead than alive. Everytime someone from the housing community would get her to the hospital, only to come out again in a week and back at the center. You see, for this woman, that experience, that voice was so real, so true that it might cause her her life one day if someone is not around on time.

And i am sure you heard of stories of people on acid trip that were so sure they could fly, so trusting in their experience of that certainty, that they met death at the pavement meters below.

And to not sound like i am sharing exaggerating stories, how about the person who gets so drunk, but is so sure that he still can drive, and is in control of himself, yet in his experience of "lucidity" does not realize that he run over another person who was walking at the site of the road. That is common occurrence where i come from unfortunately.

In all above examples, (not excellent i admit) human beings find themselves in a state where what they experience seems to them to be the truth, while the truth is so far from their experience, it costs them their lives, or other people's lives. Read the Wave, as mentioned above, and perhaps you'd like to start reading sott as well, to see how some people in power experience the world and how disposable the rest of us are to them in that experience, but also how the rest of us experience the current state through our rosy colored glasses, is allowing the pain, the misery and the suffering of so many people to continue.

tmsoj said:
the goal here is not to gain superpowers, the goal is to understand our place in the universe - why we are here, what we are here to do, and of course, realizing our potential, as individuals and as a species.
How do you realize your potential as individual and how do you understand your place in the universe, through your OBExperience? Does it teaches you who you are? And what you are here to do? Then who are you and what are you here to do?

Back
Top Bottom