Increasing PSI??

appreciate the many comments. to put some concerns at rest; my psyche is very healthy indeed. i'm probably the most optimistic and balanced person i know - no delusions there. for as long as i can remember i've been introspecting, figuring myself out. i have a masters in psychology, have had a reiki attunement and have delved massively into the esoteric side of life as well as its scientific counterpart. even when my experiences got scary i was mostly able to remain an unperturbed observer. i'm well able to have one foot on the platform and one foot on the train, so to speak.

while yes my experiences were a bit disturbing (i've read about those reptiles too) i attribute it to my lack of previous experience, and my state of mind (the first couple of times). i was madly in love with this guy who turned out to be a junkie and screwed me over royally. i was very distressed but i coped with it extremely well, considering. my profoundly positive experience was at the conclusion of all that. i'd been writing out my feelings for days when it suddenly just hit me. and yes it was pure love, no doubt about that - love for myself, love for life, love for the whole world and everything in it. i expanded, overwhelmed with it. no reptile is capable of such a beautiful feeling (i didn't meet the reptiles til 2 years later) - it has only had a positive effect on my life.

my point is, everything we experience can be considered an illusion. when you take into account whats going on at a sub-atomic level and how much our brains filter and reconstruct the information coming in through our ordinary senses, how can anything be considered truly objective? of course there is everyday consensual reality and i have no problem staying grounded in that, but when something like this happens to me, someone of sound mind and body, i take it as a valid experience of astral projection, and not as some form of psychosis. even while it was happening i was still very conscious and analytical, certainly not about to do anything daft, not that i could move my body anyway.

finding the answer to the question of who we are and what we are here to do is a lifelong quest. well, i know what i'm here to do, but "who am i?" is harder to answer. i have no doubt tho that experiences like this help to realize this question - as regardless of whether i'm travelling to astral planes or just to my sub-conscious (or maybe they're the same thing) i am facing issues and facets of myself that would otherwise remain buried. i believe its important to meet the shadow side of the psyche, to confront the unconscious, or you will never know yourself in entirety. your life will still be subject to unconscious forces and much personal power will be locked away in this "unacceptable" side of the psyche. if you haven't faced your darkness and lit a candle there, you are not truly whole.

these experiences are happening to me spontaneously, i'm not inducing them in any way, so they must be happening for a reason. ever since i was a little child i have been attracted to the bizarre and otherworldly - my fave movie was beetlegeuse - so i think its a natural unfolding of.. something. my life just keeps on getting better and better too so i really dont think anything malicious is at play. i'm learning about other peoples experiences to better prepare myself for the next time it happens, so i'll definitely have more control over it all. i'm enjoying the ride and taking it as a hugely accelerated course of learning.

thanks a lot for all the feedback, its good to be here :)

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
appreciate the many comments. to put some concerns at rest; my psyche is very healthy indeed. i'm probably the most optimistic and balanced person i know - no delusions there.
Hi, just some thoughts - being the most optimistic and balanced person you know doesn't necessarily speak to a healthy psyche. It could speak to dissociation and buffers. No offense intended at all, but it might help to realize that self-calming does not a healthy psyche make.

tms said:
for as long as i can remember i've been introspecting, figuring myself out. i have a masters in psychology, have had a reiki attunement and have delved massively into the esoteric side of life as well as its scientific counterpart. even when my experiences got scary i was mostly able to remain an unperturbed observer. i'm well able to have one foot on the platform and one foot on the train, so to speak.
This is interesting since you earlier stressed that two of these OBE experiences occurred when you were emotionally distraught - that certainly doesn't speak to an 'unperturbed observer' - it could speak to dissociation, or an opportunistic influence by forces who do not have your best interests at heart.

tms said:
while yes my experiences were a bit disturbing (i've read about those reptiles too) i attribute it to my lack of previous experience, and my state of mind (the first couple of times). i was madly in love with this guy who turned out to be a junkie and screwed me over royally. i was very distressed but i coped with it extremely well, considering. my profoundly positive experience was at the conclusion of all that. i'd been writing out my feelings for days when it suddenly just hit me. and yes it was pure love, no doubt about that - love for myself, love for life, love for the whole world and everything in it. i expanded, overwhelmed with it. no reptile is capable of such a beautiful feeling (i didn't meet the reptiles til 2 years later) - it has only had a positive effect on my life.
Apologies again, but this strongly smacks of self-calming. Also, how could you know that no reptile could be capable of such a thing? How could you know that anything and everything you 'feel' could not be induced by forces outside of yourself? The unpleasant fact is that you simply cannot know such a thing - if you convince yourself that you do know such a thing then you are asleep - and dreaming that everything is ok, just look how good it felt. Do you grasp that probability? I ask this in complete generosity to give you a chance to see things as they might really be instead of how you would like them to be.

tms said:
my point is, everything we experience can be considered an illusion. when you take into account whats going on at a sub-atomic level and how much our brains filter and reconstruct the information coming in through our ordinary senses, how can anything be considered truly objective? of course there is everyday consensual reality and i have no problem staying grounded in that, but when something like this happens to me, someone of sound mind and body, i take it as a valid experience of astral projection, and not as some form of psychosis. even while it was happening i was still very conscious and analytical, certainly not about to do anything daft, not that i could move my body anyway.
This is an interesting paragraph as well because you clearly contradict yourself - you admit that you cannot know and then state that you know because it 'happened to you' - you are dreaming.

tmsofj said:
finding the answer to the question of who we are and what we are here to do is a lifelong quest. well, i know what i'm here to do, but "who am i?" is harder to answer. i have no doubt tho that experiences like this help to realize this question - as regardless of whether i'm travelling to astral planes or just to my sub-conscious (or maybe they're the same thing)
And what if you are not travelling anywhere, but are simply being deluded - are being led down a garden path to lull you into a sense of 'everything is alright, that felt good' - do you understand how deep the rabbit hole goes? Do you understand that you cannot - at any point in time - trust your own impressions - until you have Worked long and hard with the help of others trying to wake up, you simply cannot trust what you see/feel/think - that is the human condition - can you grasp that. If you truly are interested - driven - to find the answers you state, then you cannot ignore these realities.

tmsofj said:
i am facing issues and facets of myself that would otherwise remain buried. i believe its important to meet the shadow side of the psyche, to confront the unconscious, or you will never know yourself in entirety. your life will still be subject to unconscious forces and much personal power will be locked away in this "unacceptable" side of the psyche. if you haven't faced your darkness and lit a candle there, you are not truly whole.
You do not understand that just because you think it is 'yourself' does not mean it is yourself - you are dreaming. This may sound harsh to you - some part of you is capable of seeing that it is not harsh, it is simply the truth - an alarm clock - trying to give you a chance to wake up. It is your choice - and you are dreaming.

tmsoj said:
these experiences are happening to me spontaneously, i'm not inducing them in any way, so they must be happening for a reason.
This alone is faulty logic. If this is a Free Will universe then nothing beneficial to the real you should be 'happening to you spontaneously' - this is your life, your responsibility, your lessons and it sounds like you are being played like a concertina. The question now becomes whether you love the illusion more or the truth - from your posts so far, it sounds like the illusion, but it is up to you.

tmsofj said:
ever since i was a little child i have been attracted to the bizarre and otherworldly - my fave movie was beetlegeuse - so i think its a natural unfolding of.. something. my life just keeps on getting better and better too so i really dont think anything malicious is at play. i'm learning about other peoples experiences to better prepare myself for the next time it happens, so i'll definitely have more control over it all. i'm enjoying the ride and taking it as a hugely accelerated course of learning.

thanks a lot for all the feedback, its good to be here :)
It sounds more and more like 'phenomenon chasing' - please, if you are sincere, please try to understand that it is a trap - pure and simple. If you have not read the Adventure series or the Wave, then please do that - this forum serves a very specific purpose and keeping people soundly asleep through phenomenon chasing and 'feel good' illusions is not part of this purpose.

You have found this forum and I personally think that might mean that you are sincere and would like to see the truth - if so, then it is time to face some uncomfortable facts -the first of which is that just because you 'think' something - or 'feel' something does NOT make it true - time to wake up - I think you can do it - it won't be easy, but I think you can.

*bubble bursts* ok.. i know nothing. self-calming, that rings a bell. i have noticed that i'm eerily calm to the point of being emotionless in a crisis, helps me not to lose my head but i am aware that its not quite right.

please then, what is your take on my experiences?

have started on the wave series... WOW.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
a little help please - what is STS and STO?
Ok, read this glossary entry for more info: http://glossary.cassiopaea.com/glossary.php?id=883

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
my psyche is very healthy indeed.
I honestly think that almost none of us have a healthy psyche, just a differnet degree of distortion. And the fact that you so readily say that yours is very healthy puts a big red flag in my mind. I have been doing "the Work" for a few years and I'd never admit that my psyche is very healthy - and I'm in no way saying that if I'm not you can't be of course, I'm just saying that I know just how difficult it is for any human to have a very healthy psyche, at least in the way I understand it. The more work I do on myself, the more work I realize there is to be done. Certainly there is progress, and compared to some you could even say that my psyche is healthy - I'm sure a professional psychological evaluation would determine it as perfectly healthy. But that is not at all what we mean on this forum when we refer to a healthy psyche, so I think it's important that the meaning is conveyed clearly. Most people who undergo some professional psychological evaluation and come out with great results would be absolutely abysmally stunted and very much unhealthy when evaluated from the esoteric point of view, and I definitely include myself in this, as every time I interact with people who have made far more progress than I have (and in this group there's no lack of such individuals), it puts things in perspective pretty nicely for me lol.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
i'm probably the most optimistic and balanced person i know - no delusions there.
Eh, is optimistic balanced? I think realistic is balanced, optimistic is as unbalanced as pessimistic, osit.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
i was very distressed but i coped with it extremely well, considering. my profoundly positive experience was at the conclusion of all that.
How do you define positive? Not to mention profoundly positive.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
i'd been writing out my feelings for days when it suddenly just hit me. and yes it was pure love, no doubt about that - love for myself, love for life, love for the whole world and everything in it. i expanded, overwhelmed with it. no reptile is capable of such a beautiful feeling (i didn't meet the reptiles til 2 years later) - it has only had a positive effect on my life.
Again, I don't know exactly what you went through, but saying "no reptile is capable..." seems to be a very dangerous assumption about the capabilities of "repitiles" that you have not offered any data to justify. Do you know just what the limitation of their capability is? If not, why make this assumption simply on the basis that it was just so "good"?

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
finding the answer to the question of who we are and what we are here to do is a lifelong quest.
I think to some extent, but in another sense, perhaps it's not lifelong. Perhaps the idea is to find out before our life is over, and once found, to act accordingly to this newly gained insight, and choose our destiny in a way not possible before we became aware of the choice. I'd agree that learning is lifelong, just not necessarily "what we are here to do" - that could be discovered before life is over, otherwise I am not sure how we would have time to do it :P

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
well, i know what i'm here to do, but "who am i?" is harder to answer.
I think maybe those 2 questions are inseparable in a certain way? Like, if we know who we are, we can then know what needs to be done?

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
i have no doubt tho that experiences like this help to realize this question - as regardless of whether i'm travelling to astral planes or just to my sub-conscious (or maybe they're the same thing) i am facing issues and facets of myself that would otherwise remain buried. i believe its important to meet the shadow side of the psyche, to confront the unconscious, or you will never know yourself in entirety.
I agree totally, but I think that this whole healthy psyche business is important to address first. Perhaps spend time learning and developing yourself without delving outside the physical realm, including any astral or subconscious traveling, until you really develop this "healthy psyche" (the meaning of which I think you may not exactly understand yet, at least how it's used here, osit). There's a LOT you can confront without any sort of "spiritual experiences" whatsoever, so much so that you may be shocked at just how premature such an experience is if you had not done the Work the "normal" way first.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
these experiences are happening to me spontaneously, i'm not inducing them in any way, so they must be happening for a reason.
Sometimes that reason is simply manipulation by negative forces. You must consider this, if you do not, you create a huge block for yourself and endanger yourself by having no protection - because knowledge protects. Not saying that we cannot learn when we're manipulated and abused by negative forces, but in order to learn from this, we must first recognize and understand the nature of the experience as it truly is, and not what it may wish to appear to be to fool us. At least take this into consideration, it doesn't mean that's what it is in your case of course.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
my life just keeps on getting better and better too so i really dont think anything malicious is at play.
Again, assumption. The thing is, "negative forces" do not just do painful/uncomfortable things to us - often just the opposite. They can give you all the happiness and good feelings and joy in the world, all the money and "good" relationships you want, if that can distract you or lead you astray from the path of awakening and instead you are kept occupied with and entertained by sudden influx of "bread and circuses" into your life. Remember what Hitler did in Germany for example. He made a ruined economy great again, everybody had money, everybody's life improved, it was all a big "pacifying distraction" to keep people happy. I am just saying that you must understand how the "negative" functions and never assume anything about whether anything "malicious" is at play, because the minute you assume, you've already lost.

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
i'm learning about other peoples experiences to better prepare myself for the next time it happens, so i'll definitely have more control over it all. i'm enjoying the ride and taking it as a hugely accelerated course of learning. thanks a lot for all the feedback, its good to be here smile
Just remember, and this is sooo important to know I can't emphasize this enough. There are no shortcuts, no free lunch. So while learning can be accelerated in some ways, sometimes it is not learning at all while it pretends to be such. So again, all I am saying is, be cautious, the forces at play in our world know us much better than we know ourselves and know exactly how to manage their flock. They know all our assumptions and prejudices and beliefs, they know what works and what doesn't, they know our desires and fears and drives, they know our conditioning and programming and everything else to a "T". As "paranoid" or unbelievable as stuff like this may sound, you may discover just how gruesome the terror of the situation really is, and how real and complicated it is. But to make assumptions is to discover it the hard/painful way, or at least more painful than it can be. So my only advice is, when you assume....

TheManyShadesOfJo said:
*bubble bursts* ok.. i know nothing. self-calming, that rings a bell. i have noticed that i'm eerily calm to the point of being emotionless in a crisis, helps me not to lose my head but i am aware that its not quite right.
Yes, it's rather eery, isn't it? At least you are able to see this in yourself to some extent, and that's a good sign.

tmsoj said:
please then, what is your take on my experiences?
Well, that is almost impossible to say for certain. I do think that there is a probability that you are being interfered with in some way, perhaps to prevent you from waking up, to distract you - or perhaps just for more tasty 'food', or even a combination of reasons.

tmsofj said:
have started on the wave series... WOW.
I really think that it will answer most of the questions you have right now - or at least give you enough perspective to get a handle on how to answer those questions. As you're reading it and questions come up, which they will, feel free to search the forum for answers and if you can't find a discussion on it, just ask.

thank you both, you've given me much to think about. i have done a great deal of work on myself, but i am aware that i've still got a long way to go. i guess this has all highlighted that fact, stopped me from prematurely resting on my laurel! cheers, sorry for taking the thread off-topic :p

After much learning and reflection I've come to see all those experiences in a totally new light. The 'profoundly positive' experience was in fact engineered to inspire in me feelings of love and forgiveness, so that I would take back that scum-bag junkie of a boyfriend.. I would've too, the only thing that saved me was his own cowardice in not being able to face me after what he did...
As for the more recent one, I had been reading about shamanism, and this experince did contain more elements of voyages I had read about - they adapted the "experience" to suit my new found knowledge to make it appear to be more valid... phew, that's quite a tangled web they weave!

Thanks everbody for the shift in perspective :)

Back
Top Bottom