Health & Wellness Show - Interview with Mikhaila Peterson

That was a great show! Thanks to the Health & Wellness crew for putting it together and getting Mikhaila to tell her story.

herondancer said:
The SOTT article got 2k Facebook likes. AND Jordan tweeted it, which got another 1.8k Twitter likes and 213 retweets!

Wow! That's amazing! Thanks for sharing that, herondancer!

manitoban said:
Really enjoyed the show, and the interview was very well done. Great job!

Ditto to that! I also liked Doug's questions about Jordan at the end of the show. :)
But my, Mikhaila (and her parents, because it must have been dreadful to see your child suffer like that) had to go through hell before things would improve.

I just finished listening to the interview, I really enjoyed it. I agree that it was inspiring.

I've been cutting down some food items, because of headaches here and there (for some reason, my head is the first part of my body that starts to hurt when there is a food sensitivity, and it can also happen when I have too many carbs), as well as some skin issues, mostly on my face. It also affects my mood, I've noticed. I've been starting to be a bit more strict now, and hearing this talk inspired me to keep doing that. I'm also thinking about doing a food sensitivity test at some point, as I've seen how it helped members here and also Mikhaila. And quite cool that she's using the infrared sauna for her mood, and that it's been helping her and her father!

Thank you for the interview! :thup:

When the traditional medicine does not help you when you ask questions about your issue health could be related with your diet and they look at you as you were retard you have two options:you go to your home to died slowly or you take your health in your hands. Interesting interview :flowers:

herondancer said:
The SOTT article got 2k Facebook likes. AND Jordan tweeted it, which got another 1.8k Twitter likes and 213 retweets!

Yes, congrats crew! Tweet's here for those who can retweet it: https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/962071199592271873

Great interview and I noted also that Jordan Peterson tweeted it! So great to see SOTT getting some coverage from this. He mentioned on Joe Rogan that they didn't think Mikhaila would make it past 30 (their cousin had similar health problems and passed around age 30), so what a huge turnaround for them. Really inspirational story, thanks so much H&W team!

Great job Doug and Gaby. That was an inspiring interview for sure! Great publicity for SOTT aswell, especially since JP himself tweeted it and it got so much of a response :D!!

Oxajil said:
I've been cutting down some food items, because of headaches here and there (for some reason, my head is the first part of my body that starts to hurt when there is a food sensitivity, and it can also happen when I have too many carbs), as well as some skin issues, mostly on my face.

Sounds like possible issues related to detoxification of salicylates via methylation/sulfation, also possible endotoxemia. Glycine can mitigate both of these things. Try supplementing 5-10g glycine powder (or significantly more collagen hydrolysate, maybe 3 TBSP) ten minutes before each meal. I have seen GREAT results from doing this - both with regard to my skin AND blood sugar management of carbohydrate foods.

Next week I am gonna put together an article on glycine and the increased requirements of meat eaters. For now, let's just say that bone broth likely doesn't meet the requirements for a heavy meat eater (for lot of people). You would have to drink litres of the stuff, and that's not feasible for most. More muscle meat = higher glycine requirement.

Gaby & Doug, very much enjoyed the conversation you had with Mikhaila. You guys made it really easygoing while Mikhaila was made comfortable to tell her story. She indeed has been through a lot from a very young age as she learned to work out how best to overcome.

It was just super to listen to. :)

Mikhaila Peterson talking to JP Sears about things like his political commentary about the Corona Nonsense and conspiracy theories (some wacky ones among them):

This was actually a very good conversation to watch, he's a very sensible guy. I also caught him describing his comedy not so much as something he can take credit for, but more something that he's "channeling" and it reminded me of what Mary Balogh had said about her writing process.

Mikhaila Peterson talking to JP Sears about things like his political commentary about the Corona Nonsense and conspiracy theories (some wacky ones among them):
Thought it a good interview, too - and both serious and funny in parts.

Indeed, as a segment aside, they both dipped into conspiracies - the best and worst were asked of each other:

JP Sears: Flat Earth 👎 Moon Landing 👍

Mikhaila Peterson: David Icke (reptilians) 👍 - or at least interesting without knowing about the subject :whistle:. JP waffles between yeh and nay on Icke.

They both might benefit from some of the Forum threads.

Overall, there is much in the dialogue, though. In the beginning, Mikhaila made the point about herself, saying that she used to listen to logic and not her gut instincts. That changed. Further along, JP talks about listening to ones own truth; being afraid and overcoming, so to speak. JP mentions programming; the "university of society" teaches you that if it is uncomfortable, then it is bad for you (he says, with a grain of salt, the opposite should be explored).

Thanks for posting the video.

Back
Top Bottom