Grieving the loss of a dear feline friend

FireShadow

Jedi Master
Rorschack (the 2nd cat pictured in this post http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13594.msg118547#msg118547 was hit and killed by a car late last night.

I had seen him only a few hours before my husband got home. Rorschack had been begging me for some crunchies as was his usual habit. Of course I gave him a few and he went on his way.

My husband got home at about 40 minutes after midnight, dropped his things on the table. and said he had seen a black and white cat dead on the street and was going out to bury it. He did not at first think it was one of ours. But, I went out with him and as soon as I saw the poor thing, I knew it was Rorschack. I knew the pattern of his black spots so very well...

We buried him in the back yard.

He always seemed to be such a cautious cat. He was not bold as some cats are. He always held back at first to check out a situation. I can only think that he had been startled and darted out in front of that car. His poor body was so broken that he must have died instantly. At least, that is what I hope.

I miss him terribly. He and I had a special relationship. It is hard to stop the tears. Never again will he get on my lap. Never again will he eat my black-eyed peas that he loved so much. Never again will he beg me for some crunchies. Never again,...

I am very sorry for your loss, FireShadow :(

My cat also wasn't very social, but we had special relationship too. So I understand. Big hug to you.

cat_love1.jpg

FireShadow,

My deepest condolences to you. I have a cat too and I would feel just as bad if something like this happened to him. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Keit said:
I am very sorry for your loss, FireShadow :(

My cat also wasn't very social, but we had special relationship too. So I understand. Big hug to you.

cat_love1.jpg

Thank you. And what a wonderful photo to illustrate the hug! I will show this to my husband when he gets home tonight.

My condolences too, Fireshadow -- losing a pet can be very painful, and I hope that Rorschack didn't suffer. Take care.

I am also sorry to hear of the loss of your dear friend. Losing a 2D companion you love is hard and very sad. A big hug to you and your family.

Hi FireShadow,

I am sorry for your loss and understand how you feel. I had my cat, Tasha, for 17 years and I think about her often. She was a valued member of our family as I'm sure your Rorschack was. My thoughts are with you.

Fireshadow, Sincere Heartfelt of the passing of your 2density friend. They have always shown me a great compassion of what the words bond and what love means. And will always treasure there company.

FireShadow said:
Rorschack (the 2nd cat pictured in this post http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=13594.msg118547#msg118547 was hit and killed by a car late last night.

Awwww, I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. :cry: I know how awful it is to lose a beloved pet, and especially so unexpectedly.

{{{Hugs}}}

I'm really sorry about your kittycat. I love cats too and it's so sad when they leave.

Back
Top Bottom