Freedom Trucker Convoy: From Canada to USA to all across the world

I saw this report on FB today from a reporter from the Ontario Farmer newspaper about what happened last night at a truck stop on the way to Ottawa -
-------------------------------
"Ontario Farmer reporter Ian Cumming was live on the scene in Vankleek Hill, Ontario, last night as over 1,000 trucks and vehicles made their way into Herbs Truck Stop for a rest. Here in a column written hours before the convoy reaches its final destination of Ottawa, Cumming speaks to the group of people gathered that included truckers, farmers, nuns, volunteers and citizens. (www.ontariofarmer.com)"

--
Convoy, the night before...
By Ian Cumming
Herbs Truck Stop, half way between Montreal and Ottawa, just across the fields from the cattle sale barn, wasn’t used to having well over 1,000 vehicles jammed into its two parking lots.
Half a dozen OPP officers directed the traffic in off Highway 34 as dusk started to settle in on Friday, with minus 25 temperatures.
In the morn, they will be growling out of here for the hour-long trek into Ottawa.
The countless transports in one parking lot, idling in the snapping cold, were parked next to Herbs, which was jammed full with sit down diners and folks standing. Coffee was free; you paid for your meal.
No masks, no one asking for vaccination status.
“We came from PEI,” said brothers Mark and Michael, eating supper, who didn’t want their surnames in print.
Mark used to drive a truck in the oil patch out in Alberta and Michael, an employee of the federal government, is about to lose his job for not being vaccinated. They had joined the convoy from the Maritimes, believing they said, "in freedom.”
The other parking lot was continually filling with an endless line of vehicles, adorned with flags, patriotic messages and printed insults against politicians.
Volunteers packed people into parked line-ups, trying to squeeze even vehicles in.
They also had arrived here from over in Gatineau with over 300 free hamburgers cooked on a BBQ in that parking lot- leaving Herbs for the transport drivers. And when the food was gobbled up in less than an hour, someone showed up with 200 more.
“Do you have a place to sleep tonight, because we’ve opened the Ottawa churches,” the two kindly nuns asked cattle dealer Frank McMahon, who was munching on a hamburger, with all the fixings.
He did have a place to sleep, but thank you, he replied, his eyes watering after they walked away and it wasn’t from the cold.
There were impromptu bonfires, people laughing and hugging, horns honking, engines rumbling as they idled or crept into a parking spot, and when dark settled, they started with the fireworks.
There was one journalist among the several thousand people, even though this story has, and is, being pontificated on in the past days.
The reporter was from Ontario Farmer, and only when presenting his credentials as a farm reporter, showing the paper itself, were interviews granted.
Mike Roy and his band were here with five transports from Stanstead, Quebec. He’s the third generation to own this family business.
“Grand-père drove truck when he was 13,” and crossing the border into the U.S. is done six-days a week.
“Steel, logs, pressed wood, small trailers and granite are transported to and from Florida, New Hampshire, Boston and Drummondville.”
Roy and his family are vaccinated, but he is here, “because masks and vaccination should be a choice in this country,” he said.
Josie Gingras, sitting in the cab of her monster gravel truck, wearing sunglasses in the dark of night, has a hard time communicating in English.
Why are you doing this, she is asked in halting French. “Liberté,” she replied. “Pour mes enfants.”

Haven't listened to the whole post cast because since 4:30 am I'm preparing for my day in Ottawa. The Lunch is ready, my Canadian flag is fixe to my old Sherwood that I recuperate from my shed, forgotten for the last 10 years. I will be leaving soon with my daughter not knowing if we will even get close to Ottawa but we will try to get there and reach parliament hill from Gatineau QC.

The future is open.
Thumbs up, Laurentien2! Hope you can get as close to Ottawa's possible. My wife's sign at the Winnipeg rally today was "Mandate Freedom - Cancel Trudeau". She regretted not having a hockey stick to get the sign up high enough. My last Sherwood passed on to a neighbourhood kid in the 80's - but glad you still have yours :-) The RCMP blocked our local Convoy, but as there are so many roads in and out of Winnipeg. They finally got through. Hundreds of trucks downtown in an hour or so.

It is reported that fascist government of Quebec have gone as far as to disable somes publicly available traffic cameras friday to censor the magnitude of the convoy passing thru 40 highway and its support by numerous peoples present.

Seem the cowards are beginning to realize the narrative if crumbling and are resorting to desperate measures.

It is reported that fascist government of Quebec have gone as far as to disable somes publicly available traffic cameras friday to censor the magnitude of the convoy passing thru 40 highway and its support by numerous peoples present.

Seem the cowards are beginning to realize the narrative if crumbling and are resorting to desperate measures.

True

Many cameras on the province's road network were closed Friday during the passage of convoys of anti-sanitation truckers to prevent citizens from being recognized, pleads the Ministry of Transport of Quebec.
"This temporary withdrawal is necessary to avoid the identification of people or their vehicles in order to protect their privacy and that of their families. Once the situation returns to normal, the image is again accessible on the site Quebec 511," said MTQ spokesperson Emilie Lord.

It should be noted that during the passage of truckers today on the expressways, hundreds of people, including children, gathered on overpasses. They made sure to cheer loudly for the workers who will be heading to Ottawa this weekend to demonstrate against the health measures.
But the interruption of these cameras has been the subject of much speculation after the Quebec Conservative Party accused Transport Minister François Bonnardel of censorship on social networks.

"Hello François Bonnardel. Would you be so kind as to explain to Quebecers why you are censoring the images of Transport Quebec cameras along the route of the convoy of truckers going to Ottawa?" it was written on the Facebook account of the party of Éric Duhaime.

"Did the order come from François Legault's office?", it also read.

This publication has sown anger in many Internet users.

"Sincerely I am disheartened to see all the efforts that are put in place to hide the magnitude of the movement [of truckers] to the Quebec population and to try to discredit its cause," complained an Internet user.

This practice would be regularly used, the MTQ said, whether it is during an accident, a case of impaired driving, a suicide attempt or when the cameras are used to help deploy emergency services.

The images can also be viewed by the Sûreté du Québec in case of mischief.

Just before 5:00 p.m., close to 20 cameras were still unavailable. The majority of these cameras are located on Highway 40 in the west end of Montreal.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Now, you can laugh!

Apparently, Trudeau has moved to a secret location:

It is really funny. I mean, he looks like these African dictators or like the Shaw of Iran, or the pig Duvalier from Haiti that flew their country, terrorized by the situation, really scared for their lives and their money. It shows how little thing is Justin, how insignificant he is, how baby. Mr. Justin, you are finished. It is a mystery how a fish like Justin is the Prime of Canada. Amazing. At the same time, we know that his escapade is insinuating that the truckers are as dangerous as ISIS. Really!

Apparently, Trudeau has moved to a secret location:
This is the exact most cowardly thing a fake leader could do. My boss at work today mocked Trudeau and asked me what do you think Stalin would do? Support workers, I answered. He laughed.

At our rally in front of City Hall today (a ten minute walk from CBC Manitoba HQ) they showed up with their cameras and filmed the opposite side of Main Street with a few people hanging out over there - and refused to show the 800 people in front of City Hall on the other side of the street. The Pink Floyd song, "Another Brick In the Wall" is being played and the lyrics are being changed to "Hey Roussin - leave our Kids Alone!" Roussin is our Public Health N**i that now needs a 24 hour personal security detail.

Full blown news coverage of the "Ukrainian Crisis" right now. Look away from the thousands of trucks and protests. Fear Russia!

Back
Top Bottom