Films I like

Putin talks about the film in which the president of Russia is kidnapped.

Putin habla de la película en la que el presidente de Rusia es secuestrado

Moscow, Russia.- Russian President Vladimir Putin tells the results of the G20 summit during a press conference, and responded with irony this Saturday, December 1, to a reporter's question about the American film 'Hunter Killer' ( 'Submarine mission'), which narrates the kidnapping of a Russian leader at a military base in the polar circle, a scenario he called "very unlikely".

In the film the Russian Minister of Defense gives a coup d'état and holds the President of Russia hostage in a military base of the Arctic Circle, being finally the captain of a US nuclear submarine that frees the Russian leader after entering the base.

Did you enter our base? "Putin asked the journalist who told him the movie" It seems a very unlikely scenario. Science fiction, "replied the Russian president.
"Two small boats donated by the US to Ukraine could not pass through the Kerch Strait, and they say that a nuclear submarine could enter our base, what a bad movie!" Putin said, ending the press conference.

When global warming triggers the onset of a new Ice Age

So keep buying those CO2 Credits and it just might stop it :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The ever changing Earth,

65_Myr_Climate_Change.png

giphy.gif

Snip:
In April 1946, production finally began on the film (which is back in UK cinemas this Christmas). Immediately, the cast and crew felt certain they were making something special. Bedford Falls, the sleepy fictional town in which the story unfolds, was one of the largest American film sets ever created; sprawled across four acres, with 75 fake stores and buildings, a three-block main street, and 20 full-grown oak trees. For the wintry setting, the special effects department, unhappy with the traditional method of painting cornflakes white in place of snow, invented an innovative, exponentially more convincing chemical flurry.

It wasn’t the scale or innovation of the film that had everyone on set so excited, but the power of the story itself. Stewart plays George Bailey, a young man with dreams of “shaking off the dust of this crummy old town”, becoming an architect, and travelling the world. But, gradually, he feels the walls of Bedford Falls closing in on him. Driven to the brink of suicide after a lifetime of sacrificing his own dreams for others, Bailey is visited by an angel called Clarence, who shows him what the world would have been like without him. “Each man’s life touches so many lives,” says Clarence. “When he isn’t around, he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?”

Skipping down:

The story touched Stewart, who was still suffering from the effects of the war. In one early scene, his character finds himself in a roadside bar, praying, with an almost unwatchable desperation, to a god he only half believes in. “I’m not a praying man,” he says, “but if you’re up there and you can hear me, show me the way. I’m at the end of my rope. Show me the way, god…” As he rubs a clenched, trembling hand against his mouth, he starts to cry. That moment, which actor Carol Burnett later described as “one of the finest pieces of acting anyone has ever done on the screen”, wasn’t in the script.

“As I said those words,” Stewart said in 1977, “I felt the loneliness, the hopelessness of people who had nowhere to turn, and my eyes filled with tears. I broke down sobbing. That was not planned at all.”

Not sure if this one was posted here, but:

Quite good Russian movie:

Vozvrashchenie (2003) - Andriej Zwagincew.

Good portion of Russian cinematography.

This director has another good movies like Nelyubov or Leviafan.

A great Greek director: THEO ANGELOPOULOS.

ULYSSES' GAZE.

Synopsis
A Greek filmmaker, exiled to the United States, returns to his hometown to embark on an exciting journey. From Albania to Macedonia, from Bucharest to Constance (Romania), through the Danube to Belgrade and finally to Sarajevo. On his way he crosses his own history, the past of the Balkans, the women he could love. She hopes to recover with these forgotten images the innocence of the first glance... (FILMAFFINITY)

LANDSCAPE IN THE MIST.
Plot
Pubescent Voula (Tania Palaiologou) and her five-year-old brother Alexandros (Michalis Zeke) want to see their father, whom they have never met before. Their mother tells them he lives in Germany and so Voula and Alexandros one day secretly leave their home to find him. They go to the Athens Railway Station and try to use the Germany Express, but are removed from the train for not having a ticket. A police officer takes them to a distant uncle, who convinces the officer that the children do not have a father in Germany. He informs him that their mother lied to them, to prevent them from knowing the truth: that they have different fathers and are simply the results of one-night stands. Although Voula and Alexandros eavesdrop on the conversation, they still believe their mother and believe the uncle is lying. When a blizzard suddenly hits the village and no more attention is paid to them, the children manage to escape.

They continue their journey on foot and eventually meet a young man named Orestis (Stratos Tzortzoglou), who broke down with his bus. He offers to take them with him, and the children accept the offer. Orestis is the driver of a traveling theater troupe playing a piece about Greek history. Recently the troupe has been struggling with declining audience numbers, due to people searching for easier distraction.

Trailers: Horse Scene.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOKz0BgNJDE[/URL]"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOKz0BgNJDE[/URL]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_dRfWp6ohU[/URL]"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_dRfWp6ohU[/URL]

NORDIC FILMS. SWEDEN.

SUMMER WITH MONICA Dir. INGMAR BERGMAN.

In Stockholm, the young working-class Harry meets Monika, an adventurous young woman, in a cafe near to his workplace. Monika invites Harry to join her to see a movie at the local cinema after his work shift. The two spend the rest of the evening together, and find themselves enamored of one another. At her home, Monika tires of her alcoholic father's incessant drinking and violent outbursts, packs her belongings and runs away. She seeks help from Harry, who goes to spend the night with her in his father's docked boat. After getting into an argument with his boss the following morning, Harry quits his job.

The two decide to leave the city, and take the boat into the Stockholm Archipelago, where they spend an idyllic summer together. When the end of the summer forces them to return home, it is clear that Monika is pregnant. Harry happily accepts responsibility and settles down with Monika and their child; he gets a real job and goes to night school to provide for his family. Monika, however, is unsatisfied with her role as homemaker.

Last edited:
NORWAY
FLAKLYPA GRAND PRIX. Dir. IVO CAPRINO.

Ivo Caprino Flaklypa Grand Prix (1975)

Flåklypa Grand Prix is a stop-motion animated puppet feature film directed by Ivo Caprino and is undoubtedly the most watched Norwegian film of all time. It is about the inventor Reodor Felgen and his two assistants: the optimistic and cheerful bird, Solan Gundersen, and Ludvig, a pessimistic, melancholic and prudent porcupine. The three of them live in the village of Flåklypa where they repair bicycles and invent various mechanisms. One day they discover that Rudolf Blodstrupmoen, Reodor Felgen's former assistant, has stolen the design of a secret engine and challenges future opponents to participate in a great car race that will take place in the village of Flåklypa. Reodor Felgen decides, with the moral support of his assistants and the financial help of Sheikh Ben Redik Fy Fasan, to build the racing car "Il Tempo Gigante" to participate in the Grand Prix.

MIX THE SCENES FROM STAR WARS (USA) AND FLAKLYPA (NORWEGIAN)

Back
Top Bottom