Films I like

caballero reyes

The Living Force
Films related to cassiopaea s forum style of search and time travelers.

THEY LIVE (1988) USA. Dir. John Carpenter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0OJMoKn_wY

THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD (1951) USA Dir. Christian Nyby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgu7SEpLLyc&feature=related

THE VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED (1960) British. Dir.Wolf Rilla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5NmyFlGt80&feature=related

BROKEN BLOSSOM (1919) USA Dir. David W. Griffith
Maybe the first psychopath in History of movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ira6rA3Hzw&feature=related

PETULIA (1968) USA Dir. Richard Lester.
A masterpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7etrJXy2y60

The Fountain, a very intense powerful movie that moves between incarnations, even shows a scene where he relives a past life while meditating..
(I admittingly haven t watched it all yet...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnfVcLEImN0&feature=related

I've watched these movies. I recommend them. I haven't watch "The fountain", but "Requiem for a dream" (2000), from the same director, Darren Aronofsky (from New York of polish ancestors), is a very interesting movie, is about the drugs addictions and broken dreams.

Q: We would like to know what is the origin of the Gypsies.

A: Genes spliced. Slaves of dark forces.

Q: Who are these dark forces?

A: Same.

Q: As what?

A: Brotherhood.

Q: Does this brotherhood consist of Lizzies and various humans?

A: Yes.

Q: If the Gypsies were gene spliced, who were they gene spliced with?

A: Alien race, humanoid, and Atlantean drone workers.

Q: What were Atlantean drone workers?

A: Slave people controlled by crystal.

Q: Why do the Gypsies remain so cohesive? Is that genetically programed?

A: Yes. And mind control.

GYPSIES GO TO HEAVEN. (Russia) dir. Emil lotyanu (1976). A very sad love story.

The arrival scene of gypsie women to the city, singning the classic gypsie song "Loly Phabay" (the red apple)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFl2RSqGAUo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDLdO7pKLl0&feature=related

mod: extra-space corrected

caballero reyes said:
I've watched these movies. I recommend them. I haven't watch "The fountain", but "Requiem for a dream" (2000), from the same director, Darren Aronofsky (from New York of polish ancestors), is a very interesting movie, is about the drugs addictions and broken dreams.

I found The Fountain to be far too newagey for me - very disappointing, actually and not worth the watch. I found 'Requiem for a Dream' to be a horrific film - and I'm not exaggerating. It's an emotionally manipulative pain-fest and a film that I truly wish I had never seen. fwiw.

caballero reyes said:

This film was very draining emotionally. Though it won critical acclaim, as the acting was well done, in conveying the message of the wrong idea's, and choices can lead to the depth's of hell on earth.

Watching this movie is great example to just when one thinks it can't get worse (convoluted by the addiction's) it does beyond ones imagination.

This is not popcorn movie, but a finger gripping, white knuckle view of the under world of addiction's.

Defiantly a lizard feeding ground example.

Requiem For A Dream - Official Trailer
_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6gPvY_ZYr4

Requiem for a dream is a horrible movie. I really doubt that the director's intentions were to make a PSA film : the obvious goal is to shock, to traumatize, that cannot be a good thing. I had nightmares for days after seeing this filth. What sadden me the most is the fact that when the movie came out, so many people around me immediately refer their favorite movie as "REQUIEM FOR A DREAM OMG SO DEEP" (I was 16). This is just high-octane nightmare fuel and I cannot recommand it to anyone... Like anart, I wish I've never seen this.

anart said:
caballero reyes said:

I found The Fountain to be far too newagey for me - very disappointing, actually and not worth the watch. I found 'Requiem for a Dream' to be a horrific film - and I'm not exaggerating. It's an emotionally manipulative pain-fest and a film that I truly wish I had never seen. fwiw.

I am inclined to agree with anart about Requiem. This movie was one of only two that affected me physically - I felt, not quite sick, but off, for about three days after watching this film. I too wish that I could unsee it.

Kris

I have not seen Requiem for a Dream so I can't really say much, however these comments have got me interested. Could it not sometimes be beneficial to see the darker side of life (especially when one is searching for objectivity)?

On the other hand movies like Saw really make me feel horrible unnecessarily, so maybe some things are better left unseen?

carlise said:
I have not seen Requiem for a Dream so I can't really say much, however these comments have got me interested. Could it not sometimes be beneficial to see the darker side of life (especially when one is searching for objectivity)?

It's interesting that what has been said has 'interested you'. Why is that? Also, this is not about avoiding the dark side of life, this is about observing the fact that exposing oneself to psychic slime and emotional violence as a form of entertainment is hardly beneficial. Such things can be endured and seen for what they are, but, honestly, to spend two hours exposing oneself to what amounts to a psychological/emotional cesspool is questionable at best. But, that is, of course, my personal take and if you're interested, then I suppose that's up to you.

anart said:
carlise said:

It's interesting that what has been said has 'interested you'. Why is that? Also, this is not about avoiding the dark side of life, this is about observing the fact that exposing oneself to psychic slime and emotional violence as a form of entertainment is hardly beneficial. Such things can be endured and seen for what they are, but, honestly, to spend two hours exposing oneself to what amounts to a psychological/emotional cesspool is questionable at best. But, that is, of course, my personal take and if you're interested, then I suppose that's up to you.

I guess that's just the traditional response people have of being interested in controversy, I'm not currently sure what to call that as I need to read more about fourth way terminology. As I said, I haven't seen the film so I am not sure exactly how bad it is, but I'll trust the word of yourself and others and not waste my time on it.

I guess there is a big difference between finding out about the evil that truly goes on in the world, and watching something so dark merely for entertainment.

carlise said:
I guess that's just the traditional response people have of being interested in controversy,

It might be worthwhile to ask yourself why you're interested in controversy - just as an exercise in self observation.

c said:
I'm not currently sure what to call that as I need to read more about fourth way terminology. As I said, I haven't seen the film so I am not sure exactly how bad it is, but I'll trust the word of yourself and others and not waste my time on it.

I think you should watch it and see what you think about it.

anart said:
caballero reyes said:

I totally agree.

On the other hand, upon seeing the "bad" things in life, if you see a movie where things go dark but you learn something, I do not think it's wrong. "Bad Seed" is a film that shows some very interesting things even if bad things, like the drama of a mother whose daughter psychopath. It is a thought-provoking film, and that's fine. But that does not mean that all the movies that focus on dark things help us learn.

anart said:
I think you should watch it and see what you think about it.

I just suffered through the entire thing. Had to distance myself from it towards the end as I noticed the effect it was having on me, what a horrible film. Maybe I'll think of that next time I feel the predator's mind calling.

I'd really only recommend the film Requiem for a Dream for one of two reasons (I've seen it about 3 times, and have long since refused to ever watch it again):

1 - If you or someone you know if thinking about trying heroin, this film should be watched first by that person.

2 - If you for some reason need help to understand the darkest sides of drug addiction (say for example you are going into a related profession), and lack the appropriate direct experience, this film could shed some light on what you're getting into.

If neither of those apply, there isn't any other reason I could think of to give a recommendation. Mild curiosity isn't good enough, IMO - this movie can be really scarring, and cannot be unseen.

And it most certainly does not fit in with the subject 'Films related to cassiopaea' osit.

Back
Top Bottom