Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Just an update on my EE experiences:

I haven't had any more emotional outbursts in quite a while. I've noticed a marked increased in yawning. With the exception of yesterday, I've been yawning pretty much all the way through the program. Loads of yawning and constant eye leakage but nothing I would classify as crying. Like others, I've seen -- or somehow "felt" --some lights. Seems like someone turned on a flashlight and pointed it at the side of my head. Other times its like I can see an image of my iris. (I usually do the program in the semi-darkness with my eyes closed.) Or I see some electric-like currents or grid, somewhat in a circle, that flash brightly then dissipate. Once, I felt myself zoning out during the POTS and it seemed that Laura's voice became more intense or clear and I felt a pulling sensation like I was moving backwards then I came back to the moment.

Interesting, this thing we're doing.

I think that those of you who aren't getting any real action in the Beatha breathing portion should probably just drop that from your program. That's supposed to access and free up stuck emotions/programs and maybe you don't have any of the kind that this works on. Or, it may require group practice for this to activate anything for you. If you concentrate on just doing the meditation before bed, and utilize the pipe breathing as needed, see what happens over the next couple of weeks. Just an intuition here.

Nienna Eluch said:
Last night while doing the POTS part of the whole meditation, I saw an image of a huge person with one eye in the center of her head
Funny, I've had the same images. or.. not so much images, maybe more like sensing an image. Sort of in the same way I could 'hear' colors when I was a kid.It's there, but it's NOT there really :/
Which suddenly reminded me, that I had a geometrical figure assigned to every color as a child, that went away as I grew older, and i can't remember much of it now. Feels like something of the same kind, is coming back up to the surface with the EE program.

Odyssey said:
I haven't had any more emotional outbursts in quite a while. I've noticed a marked increased in yawning. With the exception of yesterday, I've been yawning pretty much all the way through the program. Loads of yawning and constant eye leakage but nothing I would classify as crying.

Thanks for mentioning that, I've got so use to yawning during the program over the last few weeks that I forgot to mention it. I yawn during the pipe breathing and Beatha portions.....sometimes almost constantly during the Beatha part. Its really weird.... :huh:
I'm yawning just thinking about it! :lol:

Laura said:
I think that those of you who aren't getting any real action in the Beatha breathing portion should probably just drop that from your program. That's supposed to access and free up stuck emotions/programs and maybe you don't have any of the kind that this works on. Or, it may require group practice for this to activate anything for you. If you concentrate on just doing the meditation before bed, and utilize the pipe breathing as needed, see what happens over the next couple of weeks. Just an intuition here.

Weird...thinking back I never really got many emotions/memories come up from the Beatha part. I do the meditation ever night before bed so I think I will try extending that section through the music part.......

RedFox said:
Thanks for mentioning that, I've got so use to yawning during the program over the last few weeks that I forgot to mention it. I yawn during the pipe breathing and Beatha portions.....sometimes almost constantly during the Beatha part. Its really weird....
I'm yawning just thinking about it!

Yawning is a natural stress-release. :)

Elizabeth said:
Addendum to my previous post:

I meant to indicate that I was quoting Odyssey. Instead of getting a blue background I got blue script. :)

Hi Elizabeth,

I edited your post to fix the quotation.

By the way, it was RedFox who said that. ;)

I apologize if this has addressed in previous posts in this thread. I'm having trouble keeping up with the over 100 pages of posts here.

Anyway, I have been doing the EE breathing and meditation program for 3 1/2 months now, and I have been having problems. In the first 8 weeks or so, I had LOTS of intense anger come up - angry at everyone, the world, etc. Then, LOTS of fear - afraid of everything. I read various suggestions in the thread about easing off the breathing program for a while, and just doing the meditation. I did that, things calmed down, and I thought - okay, now I can start up the breathing program again. I obviously have lots of icky emotional stuff to clean out, but I don't want to make either myself totally miserable while I'm cleaning it out, or everyone around me miserable by projecting all my stuff onto them. I continued doing the meditation throughout all of this.

Anyway, I took a break from the breathing program for about 3 weeks, then started again. Then, all hell broke loose at my workplace - I came under MAJOR attack from one particular psychopath in management. That caused a huge ruckus for me, and a few other people around me, and lasted about 3 weeks (during which time I was still doing the breathing exercises.) Then I stopped the breathing exercises again, about 2 weeks ago, continuing with the meditation, and it has all calmed down again.

So, I'm not sure how to proceed. I obviously need to detox emotionally, but I'm having such huge "detox crises" when I do the breathing exercises, I'm not sure exactly how to proceed more gently. When I first started, I was doing the breathing exercises about 5 times per week. Then, about 2 months ago, I cut down the breathing exercises to twice per week. I still get a very strong detox reaction with twice per week. Should I do it once per week? Every other week? Just do the meditation for awhile, with the pipe breathing, and not do the round breathing for the time being?

I've actually started to wonder if I'm really crazy, and have been all along but didn't know it til now - or if I'm an OP, and this is how OPs react, or what.

Any advice? Thanks.

Sonrisa said:
So, I'm not sure how to proceed. I obviously need to detox emotionally, but I'm having such huge "detox crises" when I do the breathing exercises, I'm not sure exactly how to proceed more gently. When I first started, I was doing the breathing exercises about 5 times per week. Then, about 2 months ago, I cut down the breathing exercises to twice per week. I still get a very strong detox reaction with twice per week. Should I do it once per week? Every other week? Just do the meditation for awhile, with the pipe breathing, and not do the round breathing for the time being?

I've actually started to wonder if I'm really crazy, and have been all along but didn't know it til now - or if I'm an OP, and this is how OPs react, or what.

Any advice? Thanks.

Please don't think you're crazy. Some people are having strong emotional detox reactions.

The advice for people having issues/strong reactions with the program is to quit doing the round breathing (ba-ha) portion of the program. Only do the three stage breathing and meditation. If you continue to have issues, drop the three stage breathing and do the meditation only. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Helle said:
Nienna Eluch said:
Last night while doing the POTS part of the whole meditation, I saw an image of a huge person with one eye in the center of her head
Funny, I've had the same images. or.. not so much images, maybe more like sensing an image. Sort of in the same way I could 'hear' colors when I was a kid.It's there, but it's NOT there really :/
Which suddenly reminded me, that I had a geometrical figure assigned to every color as a child, that went away as I grew older, and i can't remember much of it now. Feels like something of the same kind, is coming back up to the surface with the EE program.

Perceptions of the "spirit" world, for lack of a better term. Just hold steady as you pass through them.

Sonrisa said:

Just do the meditation and pipe breathing for a few months - allow your system to work through what has already come up in its own way. After a few months, try the round breathing again - once a week and see how it feels. If things ramp up to that level again - hold off for another month and proceed from there.

s said:
I've actually started to wonder if I'm really crazy, and have been all along but didn't know it til now

I don't think you're crazy - you just likely have some trauma deeply buried that needs to be processed in its own time. You can't rush these things. Our 'higher selves' know what they're doing, as it were, so if you're having these intense experiences, stop the round breathing and allow yourself to work through these things in time. Eventually, the supply of the negative emotions runs itself out - and you can move forward with less 'craziness', as the emotions come to the surface in a less concentrated way.

If you've ever kept a journal (or not), I would suggest this while you're taking time off from the round breathing. A 'recapitulation' of your life, from your earliest memories (or from now back to your earliest memories) can really help a lot with putting all those traumatic emotions in perspective and in their place.

This can actually help them come to the surface in a way you can handle them and they won't overwhelm you.

A bit of an update:

I've been doing two full programs a day (one for day and one for night before bed) and only been experiencing the usual bodily sensations and few "flashes." But, a few nights in the last month, after being exhausted from hiking, I only did just a pipe breathing and doing PotS before bed.

Meri said:
I am laughing during BA HA breading cannot control myself .

This also happened to me last week one day, just for no reasons.

manitoban said:
Cecilfb4 said:
Now I seem to be meeting my enemies or people I have had some conflicts with and talking it over in my dreams, in a friendly fashion, which then helps me see that on the other side we are all friends, even our foes.

That's been happening to me too. I've had several dreams since starting the EE program in which I see long lost friends, partners. In the dreams, I am apologising to them for my selfishness and lack of consideration for their feelings.

I do recall a couple of dreams where I have been apologizing to certain people and/or going over "memories" with them (e.g., what I did to them, etc.). It's indeed interesting because I find myself remembering certain "memories" that I don't think happened in my life.

This may not be related, but within the last week, I've had rather strange experiences: a sense of "presences," seeing "figures" out of a corner of my eye (one was male, one was a child, and a few were a small height "creature-like"). Not sure what to make of them.

Puck said:
Other then that, I've had one extremely vivid dream where I realized I was dreaming. It almost felt like I was in some sort of parallel reality. It's happened once or twice before I started EE, they have a distinctly different flavor from my normal dreams, since everything seems to be normal except for something minor, something out of place, or different that leads me to 'wake up' in the dream. When I look around, interact with objects and people, its completely identical to waking reality. This last one had the added intrigue of me choosing to wake up by just closing my eyes with the intent of 'going home'. It was quite the odd sensation, one moment I was standing at my old job, with my eyes closed and the next I was in bed completely aware of what had just transpired.

I have experienced this too. I saw a dream where I ask a question to my instructor, and when I wake up I felt like it really happened somehow. For two days I examined the issue, if such a dream is possible(I am not sure because I rarely remember the main parts my dreams, let alone the details). Today, I thought it could be a parallel reality, because it was so real. Then I found your post. :)

This have never happened to me before as far as I remember. It was an amazing feeling when I woke up and couldn't decide if it really happened or not. :)

anart said:
Sonrisa said:

Just do the meditation and pipe breathing for a few months - allow your system to work through what has already come up in its own way. After a few months, try the round breathing again - once a week and see how it feels. If things ramp up to that level again - hold off for another month and proceed from there.

s said:
I've actually started to wonder if I'm really crazy, and have been all along but didn't know it til now

I don't think you're crazy - you just likely have some trauma deeply buried that needs to be processed in its own time. You can't rush these things. Our 'higher selves' know what they're doing, as it were, so if you're having these intense experiences, stop the round breathing and allow yourself to work through these things in time. Eventually, the supply of the negative emotions runs itself out - and you can move forward with less 'craziness', as the emotions come to the surface in a less concentrated way.

If you've ever kept a journal (or not), I would suggest this while you're taking time off from the round breathing. A 'recapitulation' of your life, from your earliest memories (or from now back to your earliest memories) can really help a lot with putting all those traumatic emotions in perspective and in their place.

This can actually help them come to the surface in a way you can handle them and they won't overwhelm you.

Thanks, I will stop the round breathing for a few months, and see how it goes. Keeping a journal is a good idea, too. I know I have a lot of trauma to process - I grew up with a physically and emotionally abusive father. Years and years of counselling has helped, but clearly, there's lots of trauma still there.

I'll keep you posted.

Back
Top Bottom