Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

forge said:
Hi puzzle,

Thank you for your post, it made me think that i ought to pay more attention to external consideration here when posting. I leave out compassion and my awakening love for fellow human beings from my posts, because i had the -Lacking warmth of feeling-program running for so long its hard to get rid of it.

Forge, you are doing fine! And you have a lot to share/offer others and a lot of caring to experience. We may not have gotten it from our parents or society, but we can give it to ourselves and each other.

Aaron said:
I have listened to the audio at least twice in full now, and have watched the introduction DVD (the warm-up exercises) numerous times and yet this was still not completely clear to me until I read this post; it was not clear to me that throughout the entire EE program (excepting the pipe breath) one should breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Thank you for clarifying this.

Yeah, from some of the recent confusion by forum members, it seems that it may not have been clear. But I had the right idea because I think it was mentioned in the session transcript thread that introduced the EE idea. If I remember correctly, Laura mentioned that one of the differences (of what she did when she was experimenting and improvising) from Art of Living was in through the nose out through the mouth. It may have even been mentioned in this thread much earlier also. But it seems, due to being scattered in different discussions, many may have missed this point or forgot.

Anyway maybe it's a good idea to add it in the FAQ / EE Guide Bo put together if it hasn't been thought of yet, and anywhere else that would be prominent to make it clear. Also if it's added to the FAQ / EE Guide and any other place so that those new to the EE program will immediately get a clear instruction, it should be updated on all material at the FOTCM site too.

Just since this came up recently, I started to do the "regular" breathing in between stages of 3 Stage (Pipe) Breathing, and in between each part like 3 Stage, Warrior, BA-HA, Pipe before POTS, and POTS, etc. in through the nose and out through the mouth as well, since Laura explained about the synchronizing of brain hemispheres. And same for any "regular" breathing (before, in between, and winding down after) just Pipe Breath and POTS at night the rest of the time. Is this important as well? Because I figure why disrupt the synchrony at all until you're done with an entire session.

Report on doing this program. I have been a mediator for a good four years now and have been dealing with integrating my shadow side for the last couple of years. First off I must say that Laura's voice is very soothing and that has helped quiet a bit. I think I do this about 3/4 times a week. No problems but now I am talking to my oversoul on a regular basis and my dream life has just been great. No nightmares but I am all over the place mostly seeing myself in classrooms with a bunch of other people and then traveling, traveling here and there. No real negative results mostly all good. I now do this without the tape but once in a while I do with the tape to hear Laura's voice which I love. Thank you Laura and Co great job.

It is weird because I live almost all the effects that the people describe about the EEP, but the thing is that these last days I was feeling myself blocked, but now I did the program and I can think better

Interesting baby yeah !!! ;D

Approaching Infinity said:
I just want to jump in here about the lights people are seeing. These are actually a normal part of the process, and in fact, they're the first stage in altered states of consciousness, i.e. shamanic "hallucinations". {...}

Thanks for that info, AI. I've had different types of lights -- moving, still, and small points of light swirling all around -- during EE, but it hasn't happened for a while. More recently, it's common for me to see a dimmer glow that sometimes slowly spins or changes shape when I position my closed eyes around where the "third eye" would be.

forge said:
Thank you JonnyRadar for posting - Don Juan & "The Enemies of a Man of Knowledge" on: September 30, 2008, 01:13:54 PM

Yeah, thanks JR and also Trevrizent for re-posting it here. That's a good overview of some of the things we may deal with on the road to knowledge.

JGeropoulas said:
I just have to commend anart for such a beautiful example of compassion for another's pain bolstered by generous respect for their free will--a foretaste of what society will be like in a world dis-infected from psychopathy.

Well said, JG. I agree. And Rhino, anart's advise "hits the nail on the head." Take your time, do what you need to do at your own pace. If you feel you want to restart with just POTS at some point you can do that, etc. Best wishes to you and hope you'll get through your turmoil soon.

puzzle said:
Laura's 'heads-up post' had me shaken up pretty much and made me realize that I was indeed not taking good care of myself. I didn't even realize how worn out I was before Laura pointed out that something was not right with what I was experiencing with EE. Again, thank you, Laura !

So, good thing you posted your experiences that led to Laura's "heads-up." I also think that taking good care of yourself in ALL ways -- doing the diet / nutrition improvements and (physical) detox activities -- together with EE for emotional "detox" / blockage removal / trauma "metabolizing" etc., AND continuous knowledge input (including participating in the forum) will ALL work in conjunction to lead, eventually, to an increased "receivership capability" and level of Being ultimately resulting in the spiritual benefits: connection to Higher Centers. Since EVERYTHING is connected, the lower (centers and physical body) must be cleansed and prepared as a vessel for the Higher. And if MANY of us gain "receivership capability" and Being at the same time, our connectedness, as well as, ability to help ever more people achieve the same will accelerate exponentially.

It seems that EE really IS an effective way to accelerate our growth and development that we've been pursuing with the Work and gathering of knowledge all along. Some seem to have more intense or uncomfortable effects of disintegration and trauma processing, even severe upheaval, others more mild transitions. With networking and feedback, everyone can make any necessary adjustments to get through whatever they need to while minimizing the intensity / suddeness of any debilitating aspects that may arise -- trying to continue functioning in day to day life while the process continues.

I got my EE CDs and DVD and the prayer in the past few days. I haven't had a chance yet to check them out but I plan to very soon.

Between work and other stuff going on days are sometimes short. I do hope that it helps me as much as it seems to be helping a lot of you.

I am laughing during BA HA breading cannot control myself . I have hadacke after meditation but started recently maybe will stop later.

The breathing program has given me the means for releasing a heaviness which I have been carrying in my heart, lo these many years. When I say the "HA" portion of the BA-HA technique, I hear a tone in my voice which seems to carry all the anguish of my early years. With each out-breath something is being released. And with each session, the specifics of those early experiences (like an unfolding slide-show) are coming into focus. Previously, a certain vagueness kept everything manageably at arm's length. Now I am meeting those scenes and experiences face-to-face. Challenging, yes. But it is happening within the gracious environment of a "meditation," and in the company of a family of friends with whom I am feeling a growing rapport. O Cosmic Mind, I thank you for this unspeakable gift!

I wanted to write about some general thoughts I had, of my experiences yesterday, my dream this morning, and an emotional cleansing experience this morning that occured while making use of what I could of the EE program.

I was not doing the entire EE program at the time, although throughout my day I am mindful to breathe appropriately, and will steal moments in daily life in which I can take a moment to breath in through the nose and out through the mouth. Obviously the in=nose and out=mouth technique is something presented within the EE program proper, and so one could possibly conclude that going around all day doing this is not necessarily advised. However, I often get stressed at work and there are many times I wish I could just become invisible for a minute or two, and just do 3 gentle sets of breathing like this. What I do feel sure about is that my normal "waking" life does not afford much opportunity to do so. Sure, if you have an office or sit a cubicle with some amount of privacy you can get away with it, but for me when I feels like I need it the most is when I am around people, especially lots of people during a meeting for example. In this situations it is not so conducive.

This morning I awoke to some stirring dreams. Last night I had to stay up for an extended period of time to catch up on work before going out of town for the holidays. My night (technically very early morning) ended on an emotional note. Perhaps elsewhere I will write in more detail about it, as I feel there are some very significant points to lay out. But in short, what happened is that I called someone and was ignored. My head went into a tizzy thinking about how this guy was basically just sitting there on his butt ignoring me while I waited for him (this was in the context of my job). Upon walking around the building, and into the room myself, I did indeed see this guy just sitting there. My mind felt like it went into over-drive. How dare him ignore me like that. I was not there for some personal reason; trust me I don't show up at 5am at this location far away from my house because I have nothing better to do. So I did a test and called his phone again whilst walking over to him. It rang, and loudly. This and other things I observed just solidified for me that I was right, that he was intentionally and immaturely ignoring me. At that point I had to "back off", as I was feeling quite confrontational with this guy - although I had not even said anything at all so far to this guy. I ended up resolving my matter with the other individual there. The other guy (who did not have the phone) said that the guy who did "ignore" me had just been in the bathroom. Yea right I thought. I didn't believe him for a second.

Fast-forward to me leaving and driving home (nothing else really of interest happened at the location). So angry I became. I day-dreamed of ways in which I would deal with this issue. At that time I had decided that I would request a mediation session with my and his manager. My motivations here were both good and bad, if that is possible. On one hand, I really wanted to resolve this issue with him so that this would not happen again. On the other hand, he (I thought) had acted quite clearly in the wrong. Within a mediation session I would be able to lay out the facts, and do so in a calm, objective manner, emphasizing that I merely wanted to resolve this and move past it. The bad comes into play because I am confident that in this scenario I would basically win. I feel that I could "out-do" him in this sort of setting and put forth a better image of my actions than ultimately he would be able to do. In so doing, he would be reprimanded and would be more or less forced to never do that again. Ultimately though, this bad intention of mine I feel arose from wanting to lash out against him for acting against me. I wanted to "duel" with him in a battlefield I was sure I would win in, I wanted to rub it in his face that I could better navigate these corporate waters than he and he better watch out. (there is more to the story, the background if you will between myself and this individual that I believe ignored me, but I refrain)

Later at home I was able to log into a security system which shows when individuals "badge in" or use their RFID access card to gain entry to a door. In short, what I found corroborated what I had been told; that this individual had been in the bathroom at the time that I called. Realizing and processing this was hard for me, because so much of that energy I had expended had been basically mis-directed and in vain. In short, I was wrong. I was wrong to jump to the conclusion that I had, I was wrong to devote so much time and energy in trying to deal with this perceived attack. And I was so sure of my conclusions at the time, so many data points that I had observed pointed in this direction (as does our "history"). It can be a hard pill to swallow, being so sure you are right and finding out you are so wrong.

Fast-forward again, to my dream. My dream was a mis-mash of stuff related to my previous day at work, my co-workers, and this group. I remember that Laura and many others that I "felt" are part of this group were in it, although I did not interact with them/you guys much. Except this one girl. She was telling me about how she recently became pregnant, and that of all the research she has done as part of this group, becoming pregnant was the hardest. I have no idea that this specific part has any relevance, but it was the only "direct interaction" in my dream that involved someone I saw as being part of this group, and so I figured I would toss it in. At the moment, I am of the feeling that this dream had more to do with just the mis-mash of thoughts and emotion of the past day than anything else. The big part of this dream however was throughout it I was being confronted my the aspects of myself that are out of line with reality; the reasons for the "issues" I have at times with people. I remember being shown a movie of sorts, more like a roll-around poster with 3-4 "frames" and it showed a bird plucking a seed from the middle of what looked like a doughnut. There was a saying written on the first frame, and it was said aloud to me and I heard it clearly at the time, although I cannot remember it know. It was not in English, and sounded like it was from an old/ancient language. It's meaning was described to me as (paraphrasing) "take what you can get before its gone" and the poster turned and it showed this bird plucking a sole seed from the ground, as many other birds swooped in to do the same. Overall, the main element of my dream was how wrong I had been in numerous personal interactions and personal opinions.

I do remember feeling very sad in my dream, and woke up with this feeling. I did the breathing (in=nose, out=mouth) as much as I could right after. What I felt (which in a way echo's Elizabeths post above mine) was that when I breathed in I saw moments in which someone has been mean to me in my life. When I breathed out I saw moments in which I had been mean to others. Where others had been mean to me, I felt some sadness, but on a level that was totally "fine". Where I had been mean to others, my body shook and the tears flowed. It was almost like everytime I had "hit" someone (lashed out verbally) I had really hit myself, but the force of the blow was kept at bay. I was only able to do this breathing for a few minutes, but I ended up feeling very sad for every and any time I had displayed a lack of compassion for others and instead lashed out in anger and with mean intent. Just based on that snapshot, it seems to me that my acting against others carries with it it a weight far heavier than when others acted against me. I conclude this based on the emotional content of the in (others against me) and out (me against others) compared against each other. I feel that I had more to add to this, but writing this post has taken most of my energy at the moment and what free time I had, and my memory wanes. The best I can conclude at this time, at this moment, is that I never want to ever be mean to another person again. I have felt and thought this before in my life, but never with the strength as I feel it now. Not with such conviction, and such clarity for what it really entails; basically that I am really attacking myself. I will be interested to watch and observe in my daily life how this manifests; if I now have more power to stop this program(s) from acting out.

My apologies for the long post, but I believe that this event arose as a direct result of the EE program, and certainly the emotional cleansing I experienced arose from me making use of what I could at the time of the EE program.

I think one of the most difficult things in waking up and wanting deal with all the baggage we all have to carry around is looking at the self and seeing it as it is, the bad and the ugly, the anger and the pain without flinching or making excuses. Going from "you hurt me" and getting beyond that to see why we created that in the first place. What was the lession, what was I trying to complete or resolve? When I get some of the answers that ring true then I have to start the process of forgiving myself and others. Now I seem to be meeting my enemies or people I have had some conflicts with and talking it over in my dreams, in a friendly fashion, which then helps me see that on the other side we are all friends, even our foes.

In terms of the weekly update, not a lot to report. Off programme, the previously reported physical problems/symptoms are still present. However, I have noticed that I still have more energy, and more recently, more relaxed, more insights and clarity of mind - progress indeed from what it has been. Still, no big shift yet.

Cecilfb4 said:
Now I seem to be meeting my enemies or people I have had some conflicts with and talking it over in my dreams, in a friendly fashion, which then helps me see that on the other side we are all friends, even our foes.

That's been happening to me too. I've had several dreams since starting the EE program in which I see long lost friends, partners. In the dreams, I am apologising to them for my selfishness and lack of consideration for their feelings.

It's interesting because so many episodes from the past are now coming to the surface, and I now remember events much more clearly. In a strange way, it feels like the past is not so far away anymore, it's right there for me to see, it's just that up till now I didn't see it.

Hi everyone!

I'd like to thank the amazing people here for offering and contributing to a program like this; it's the first time I've seen something like this to control one's stress.

Some background: I have been doing the program since late August; I'm not sure if I've been doing it correctly for the most part, because I can't listen to the audio on my computer while doing the program and being alone at the same time. I live with my family, who are at home most of the time, and I need to keep a low profile about doing the program. Let's just say they're huge Fox News fans and Christians and leave it at that. I'm also one of the few Americans without an MP3 player, so my options are pretty limited.

I have a few questions! First of all, I would like to know if I can "muffle" my warrior's breath. Obviously, shouting "HA!" like in the audio is going to attract way to much attention, and I also do not want to disturb others. So, my breath sounds like a quieter, yet strongly forced, "Ha!", as if I'm exerting a sharp breath to fog my glasses. Is it bad to do it that way? I'd rather not shout "HA!" outside and have a bunch of people staring at me, either!

Also, I know that Laura has been repeatedly saying "In through the nose, out through the mouth," when breathing. But, when I get to the bioenergetic breathing, you're supposed to be saying "Bea" while breathing in and "Tha" while breathing out. So, should I keep breathing in and out through the mouth while doing bio-breathing, or should I think "Bea" while breathing in through the nose and saying "Ha" when breathing out? Or, something else entirely?

One last thing: a couple of weeks ago, I think it was a few days after my fourth time doing the complete program, I had this weird sensation. I was getting ready to go out, when I started to feel nauseous. So, I just waited in the bathroom to throw up, but since nothing was happening I just began to ignore it and make my way out. But then I started to get very dizzy; I thought I was just having another low blood pressure experience (those tend to happen to me when I quickly stand up).

But the dizziness didn't go away, and my vision became very cloudy. I was blinded! I could only see a sort of grey smoke, and it wouldn't go away. I also had this low-frequency ringing in my ear; I can't really describe it. Normally, when it's quiet enough, I can hear a sort of high-frequency screech in my ears (which I think has been discussed on the forum), but it was different this time. I was terrified; I thought that I'd need to go to the hospital. I then sat down to try and calm down, and then I recited the Prayer of the Soul aloud a few times. After that, I got better and my sight came back! It's a very powerful prayer indeed.

So, I don't know if that was because of doing the breathing/meditation. At the time, I thought I was being psychically attacked (it sure felt like it!). Any ideas as to what was going on there?

I'm sorry if any of these questions have been asked before; I honestly have neither the time nor the willpower right now to thoroughly read 120+ pages! I did try to read through the FAQ first, though (thanks Bo!). Any help is appreciated. Thank you. :)

Hi zlyja

zlyja said:
I have a few questions! First of all, I would like to know if I can "muffle" my warrior's breath. Obviously, shouting "HA!" like in the audio is going to attract way to much attention, and I also do not want to disturb others. So, my breath sounds like a quieter, yet strongly forced, "Ha!", as if I'm exerting a sharp breath to fog my glasses. Is it bad to do it that way? I'd rather not shout "HA!" outside and have a bunch of people staring at me, either!

I also live with others and tend to do a quiet or silent "Ha!" in the warriors breath portion. I think as long as the air comes out its ok. Obviousely the louder it is the more air comes out in one go.

zlyja said:
Also, I know that Laura has been repeatedly saying "In through the nose, out through the mouth," when breathing. But, when I get to the bioenergetic breathing, you're supposed to be saying "Bea" while breathing in and "Tha" while breathing out. So, should I keep breathing in and out through the mouth while doing bio-breathing, or should I think "Bea" while breathing in through the nose and saying "Ha" when breathing out? Or, something else entirely?
Something else actually. If you watch the instruction video again Laura explains that you can't do the round breathing whilst actually saying 'Baa' (you can't breath in and say 'Baa' at the same time). So LAura says it for you, all you have to do is breath in through the nose when she says 'Baa' and out through the mouth when she says 'Haa'.

zlyja said:
One last thing: a couple of weeks ago, I think it was a few days after my fourth time doing the complete program, I had this weird sensation. I was getting ready to go out, when I started to feel nauseous. So, I just waited in the bathroom to throw up, but since nothing was happening I just began to ignore it and make my way out. But then I started to get very dizzy; I thought I was just having another low blood pressure experience (those tend to happen to me when I quickly stand up).

But the dizziness didn't go away, and my vision became very cloudy. I was blinded! I could only see a sort of grey smoke, and it wouldn't go away. I also had this low-frequency ringing in my ear; I can't really describe it. Normally, when it's quiet enough, I can hear a sort of high-frequency screech in my ears (which I think has been discussed on the forum), but it was different this time. I was terrified; I thought that I'd need to go to the hospital. I then sat down to try and calm down, and then I recited the Prayer of the Soul aloud a few times. After that, I got better and my sight came back! It's a very powerful prayer indeed.

So, I don't know if that was because of doing the breathing/meditation. At the time, I thought I was being psychically attacked (it sure felt like it!). Any ideas as to what was going on there?

Have you been to see a doctor zlyja? Something like that sounds pretty serious.
I doubt that the E-E breathing program would cause that to happen (your the first to mention it anyway), however I did have something very similar happen to me years ago. I was at colledge and had pulled an all night-er finishing my final project, went to use the toilet only to have the exact same thing happen you described....except I passed out and hit the floor.
I did see a doctor and he checked me over (specifically heart rate/blood pressure etc) and in the end it was put down to exhaustion (so its possible it mundane in that respect). But you should go to rule out any serious underlying health problems.

If you are sleeping little then I suppose the E-E program _may_ exaggerate an all ready exhausted state.....but this is just supposition. Please go and see a doctor and let us know what they find out.

Back
Top Bottom