Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

Smaragde said:
anart said:
Aragorn - just to clarify for those reading this thread (because at this point even I was starting to get confused) - the EE program breathing is ALL 'in through the nose and out through the mouth'.

That's how i understood it and practiced it myself. And just to be 110% sure, it's 'in through the nose and out through the mouth' for pipe breathing, warrior breath and BaHa. But during the meditation is normal "in through the nose, out through the nose" breathing. Correct?

That is correct.

Breathing in through the nose is important. The nose is a wonderful natural air filter and also warms the air before it gets to the lungs.

Smaragde said:
anart said:
Aragorn - just to clarify for those reading this thread (because at this point even I was starting to get confused) - the EE program breathing is ALL 'in through the nose and out through the mouth'.

That's how i understood it and practiced it myself. And just to be 110% sure, it's 'in through the nose and out through the mouth' for pipe breathing, warrior breath and BaHa. But during the meditation is normal "in through the nose, out through the nose" breathing. Correct?

Laura says at the beginning of the meditation to begin with a couple of pipe breathing and after that when we feel it is ok we can return to our normal breathing .

There is a REASON for breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth in all instances except where it is very uncomfortable for some reason, in which case you should go for comfort. The reason is that there are nerve endings at the top of the pharyngeal passage that, if you stroke them with air going in the same direction all the time, synchronize both halves of the brain. If you then breath OUT and the air passes over these nerve endings, it disrupts the synchrony.

Now, I can't point to a paper anywhere to prove this point, I heard it in a lecture by a teacher of hypnosis many years ago and this has always been the key to my meditations and hypnosis techniques. Perhaps that is why the Cs said the following:

Cs session said:
A: It is not just "waves" beamed by such things as HAARP or microwaves, it is also a quickening of the cosmos. Those who are not integrated will disintegrate at an even faster rate than ever.

Q: (L) Are there any kinds of negative spirits or attachments involved here?

A: Not necessary when the personality is so fragmented.

Q: (L) Alright then. Is there anything that we could do?

A: Perhaps if you could share the technique that you used to achieve emotional cleansing, a lot of people would benefit including the two individuals in question.

Q: (L) What technique is that?

A: Remember an entire night of cleansing tears?!

Q: (L) Yeah. Well, that was just a meditation technique I developed. I would breathe a certain way and repeat certain things in my mind as I breathed, and I did it every night. Strange things started happening.

A: Strange indeed! You stumbled instinctively on an ancient method that is unsurpassed in its efficacy. So why not share?

Q: (Joe) Spill the beans, Laura! (L) Well I just never thought it was anything particularly special - it just worked for me! (Allen) Should we make a video on it, and teach it? (L) Well, I mean how does something like that compare to this Art of Living Kriya thing?

A: AoL is for beginners and robots!

Q: (laughter) (L) Well then why were you so enthusiastic when Craig proposed teaching us? I mean, he asked if he should teach us, and you said yes with seven exclamation points!

A: Got you to do it and jump started your thinking didn't we?!

Q: (L) So the point wasn't that this method was "the best" or the only one or so great. It was to draw our attention to the idea of breathing, or control of breath, as a means of effecting emotional healing. Is that it?

A: Absolutely!X7

Q: (laughter) (L) Shorthand. Um...

A: Remember that your method employed a powerful "seed".

Q: (DD) Seed? (L) Yeah, that's a reference to meditating with or without seed. (Joe) What was the seed? (L) Phrases that I used in my mind. (Allen) Were those phrases particular to you though, like something that someone has to come up with for themselves? (L) Well, I would say that... I dunno, were those phrases particular for me?

A: They were super powerful!

I would say that the unique things about our program are the nose/mouth breathing alternation and the meditation prayer. I would suggest that, based on the testimony in this thread, it works pretty well, yes?

anart said:
Nomad said:
msasa said:
After listening to audio and watching the video few more times I came to conclusion that during the whole EE program we should inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth.

yup, that is correct.

Perhaps you could work on not trying to confuse the EE breathing program with your other experiences (and possibly leading others astray in the process)?
Point taken. I got confused because Laura also talks on the audio about Bioenergetic breathing, and in Bioenergetic-breathing one inhales and exhales through the mouth, not inhaling through the nose. At least that seems to be the traditional Reichian and Lowenian way of doing it and what I've been doing all along. Guess I haven't been doing EE-at all then! No wonder I'm messed up ;D

I tried to see if there was any mentioning of this in the transcripts, found so far only this from session 20 June 2009:
Q: (L) So you do this round breathing, or this circular breathing, basically according to the Kriya instructions, only you pronounce this word during the breathing. Then at the end, you read out this words from my deep meditation. Is that it?

A: Yes.

I hope it isn't too much to ask, but I would like it to know from what sources the EE-way of doing the round breathing (in through the nose - out through the mouth) got constructed?

Added: Thanks Laura for the clarification above! I think I'll dig some more info on this, but I'll keep it out of the EE related threads. Sorry everyone, once again!

I have a question.

I'm interested in practicing Reiki and I'm going to ''learn'' it soon. I just wonder if it's really beneficial, because the EE program already ''cleans'' quite well based on some of the data so far.
My question is; is it better for me to not learn Reiki or is it a good thing or doesn't it matter?

Bohort said:
Smaragde said:
<snip>But during the meditation is normal "in through the nose, out through the nose" breathing. Correct?

Laura says at the beginning of the meditation to begin with a couple of pipe breathing and after that when we feel it is ok we can return to our normal breathing .

Indeed. Thanks for mentioning this, for clarity's sake.
Laura said:
There is a REASON for breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth in all instances except where it is very uncomfortable for some reason, in which case you should go for comfort. The reason is that there are nerve endings at the top of the pharyngeal passage that, if you stroke them with air going in the same direction all the time, synchronize both halves of the brain. If you then breath OUT and the air passes over these nerve endings, it disrupts the synchrony.

So, even during the POTS portion, it's breathing out through the mouth? Sorry for keep on asking for clarity on this, am a bit dense-headed today :-[

Smaragde said:
So, even during the POTS portion, it's breathing out through the mouth? Sorry for keep on asking for clarity on this, am a bit dense-headed today :-[

During POTS, it is normal deep breathing in and out through the nose.

puzzle said:
Hi everyone!

Finally joining you here. :) I've started with EE pretty late (thus my post is a bit longer) my summer was somewhat of a deep sleep as a means to recover from a pathological relationship.

Anyhow, I've started with pipe breath and then the whole program. Have done the full program approxiamtely ten times.

It's great to see you more often in this forum again, puzzle.
Looking forward for your participation. :)

Nicholas said:
Smaragde said:

During POTS, it is normal deep breathing in and out through the nose.

Did you miss this part? :

Laura said:

Now, I can't point to a paper anywhere to prove this point, I heard it in a lecture by a teacher of hypnosis many years ago and this has always been the key to my meditations and hypnosis techniques.

So, during the meditation (POTS), it is still 'in through the nose and out through the mouth' (as long as you're conscious) - but it is not necessary to do the restricted breathing (pipe breathing) except at the beginning for those two or three breaths and until you begin to breath normally (still 'in through the nose and out through the mouth'). Also, during the warrior's breath, this is normal breathing -in through the nose and out with the 'ha!' - and not constricted breathing (pipe breathing).

So, throughout all of it - 'in through the nose and out through the mouth'. Only during pipe breathing should it be restricted like the Darth Vader breathing (to stimulate the vagus nerve).

anart said:
<snip>

So, throughout all of it - 'in through the nose and out through the mouth'. Only during pipe breathing should it be restricted like the Darth Vader breathing (to stimulate the vagus nerve).

Exactly.

Oxajil said:
I have a question.

I'm interested in practicing Reiki and I'm going to ''learn'' it soon. I just wonder if it's really beneficial, because the EE program already ''cleans'' quite well based on some of the data so far.
My question is; is it better for me to not learn Reiki or is it a good thing or doesn't it matter?

Oxajil,

I might not be able to help, as I am a bit confused on this as well. I learned Reiki about a year ago and was doing it on a regular basis, but after reading a few threads on this forum I got a bit reticent. As you might be aware, the method has been distorted. Laura gives her own account on this in one of the Wave books where Mrs Takata, from whom part of the Reiki techniques taught today branched out, deliberately altered the method, not necessarily for the best.

Having said that, maybe if the technique you learn is the proper one, it can be a useful tool to clean and help balance your system from all sides: doing EE, proper diet, exercising, and why not, Reiki. What is for me clear is that EE, a technique on its own right, shouldn't be mixed with something else at the same time you are actually doing it. Doing Reiki on its own though, might turn out to be a cleansing balancing technique such as any other.

Yet, I'm a bit divided on this and I'm glad that you brought this up because since starting EE I'm having doubts. I think that maybe its is better to do Reiki with a seed to prevent just whatever to pop in and come through my hands. I am not sure whether taking the "right" reiki is enough to guarantee "clean" energy...
Nevertheless, since I've started EE I've noticed the flow coming through with almost double strength. What it means, I don't know. :huh:

Sorry, if I only made it more confusing Oxajil :/. Maybe someone else can shed us both some light.

Aragorn said:
anart said:
Perhaps you could work on not trying to confuse the EE breathing program with your other experiences (and possibly leading others astray in the process)?
Point taken.

Hmmm - are you sure my point was taken? From the rest of your post, it seems that my point wasn't taken at all...

aragorn said:
I got confused because Laura also talks on the audio about Bioenergetic breathing, and in Bioenergetic-breathing one inhales and exhales through the mouth, not inhaling through the nose. At least that seems to be the traditional Reichian and Lowenian way of doing it and what I've been doing all along. Guess I haven't been doing EE-at all then! No wonder I'm messed up ;D

I tried to see if there was any mentioning of this in the transcripts, found so far only this from session 20 June 2009:
Q: (L) So you do this round breathing, or this circular breathing, basically according to the Kriya instructions, only you pronounce this word during the breathing. Then at the end, you read out this words from my deep meditation. Is that it?

A: Yes.

I hope it isn't too much to ask, but I would like it to know from what sources the EE-way of doing the round breathing (in through the nose - out through the mouth) got constructed?

So, which part of the above is evidence of you getting my point and you not trying to confuse the EE program with your other experiences, thus muddying the waters and leading others astray? Or is this a 'be right' program on your part?

anart said:
So, which part of the above is evidence of you getting my point and you not trying to confuse the EE program with your other experiences, thus muddying the waters and leading others astray? Or is this a 'be right' program on your part?

I apologize to have led people astray with this issue. In my defence I want to say that I honestly have believed all along the Ba-Ha portion of the EE program and Bioenergetic breathing to be identical. This partly due to my ignorance by not watching the video closely enough, and partly because in the meditation audio file, which I use almost on daily basis, Laura describes the round breathing being Bioenergetic breathing. So since I've been studying Bioenergetic breathing for a while now I honestly thought I was helping here. So I'm grateful that this thing came up and I was corrected here, otherwise I would have this wrong belief for god knows how long. :)

Do you feel that me pointing out that Bioenergetic breathing and the Ba-Ha breathing are not done in the same manner is unreasonable, if so why?

I still don't quite understand why it isn't okay for me to ask the reasons behind how certain things are recommended of doing? I mean, if someone recommends you to do something in a certain way, isn't it completely normal to want to know the reason - why this is considered to be beneficial? I hope that the EE program isn't some day becoming so "sacred" that no questions can be asked about the reasons behind it. Knowledge protects, right? The explanation provided by Laura, which I'm very thankful for, proved that this is not the case! :thup:

"Bioenergetic breathing" is very similar to Beatha breathing - so similar, in fact, that Beatha breathing IS a variation of "bioenergetic breathing."

Laura said:
"Bioenergetic breathing" is very similar to Beatha breathing - so similar, in fact, that Beatha breathing IS a variation of "bioenergetic breathing."

Agreed...I tried the EE version of round breathing (in through the nose) last night and it felt quite similar. I did sense the upper parts of the body becoming more effected. When I do the inhale through the mouth it feels more in the solar plexus. It will be interesting to see how the breathing through the nose will effect me in the long run; I'll do it in that manner from here on. The other version I'll do in my "spare time" :lol:

Please let me know if some more traditional Bioenergetic information will become useful sometime in the future. I'll be happy to help. For now, I'll put a lid on it!

Back
Top Bottom