Dream I Could Fly

Re: Recurrent flying dream

born2bewild said:
Shijing said:
Is this the one?:

April 25 said:
A: Your system is out of synch and this must be corrected rapidly.

Yes.
And thank you for reminding me that such conditions should be corrected rapidly. :)
BTW, what do you think, what causes this unsynchronicity?

I can only speculate. If you accept reincarnation, then one thing that seems to be the case is that your Higher Self (or whatever you want to call it) projects "you" into your present incarnation and that is a permanent link that continues throughout your physical life until the point of death. The above would suggest that something (I don't know what) could disrupt the synchronicity between the soul projection and the physical body so that they fall out of alignment until that gets corrected -- kind of like a computer software glitch that prevents two compatible programs from being able to communicate. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

Shijing said:
Herakles said:
Other times my body will buzz and feel like that is about to take place but instead I wake up or turn, something breaks the force/event, the dream state. I First started "stopping it" from happening around the time of adolescence.

Have you read any of Robert Monroe's books? He talks about a buzzing feeling that is similar to what you're describing.

Hi Shijing,

Though I have read some Robert Monroe material it has been more than a few years and do not really recall anything significant right now other than he, if memory serves correctly, advocated certain techniques for astral projection, lucid dreaming, etc. For a period I would experience what one might call spontaneous astral projection, or so I thought, in which the emotional body seems to separate from the physical which affects one's awareness of self. This is the type of feeling/experience I refer to above.

At times, however, I do admit to maybe even a morbid curiosity in terms of what type of interaction is really going on and often think of the example Laura cited where lil fuzzy spider-like creatures came to "get her" - a la - interaction between two apparently diametrically opposed aspects of being/consciousness. If I recall the C's described it as an eclipse or conflict of some sort. Will have to check through archives/transcripts later to try and find the applicable section.

Do you think Monroe books offer much worthwhile?

Herakles said:

In one way, yes. It's been a few years since I read them as well (it hadn't been long since I finished his trilogy when I made my intro post on the forum). He did pioneering work in OBE, and I don't have any reason to believe that anything was fabricated or exaggerated. I think that he offers some of the best insights and information into the nuts and bolts of astral projection, in terms of how it works as opposed to merely recounting experiences. And one of the things I remember most clearly was the buzzing sensation that he described which accompanied his experiences -- first non-volitional, and then later controlled. Abductees have reported the same experience -- which doesn't mean that the buzzing indicates abduction (just want to make that clear) -- but it adds some extra support to the idea that the buzzing is a 'symptom' of the astral body disengaging from the physical, for whatever reason.

That being said, the whole experimental thrust of controlled OBE at the Monroe Institute is something that wouldn't be condoned here, so you have to read those parts with some discrimination, because they're playing with fire and quite ignorant of it. There is a 'disciple' of Monroe's, if you want to call him that, named Robert Bruce who has published a couple of how-to books regarding OBEs. Anecdotally, at just about the time I discovered this forum, I had bought one of his books and was experimenting with some of his energy movement and meditation exercises. My daughter joined me a couple of times -- I had been doing it for a few weeks without any apparent success, but on her second time she experienced that buzzing and it freaked her out. I had her stop for that reason, but knowing what I do now, I cringe when I look back at what I might have exposed her to out of my own ignorance. So all things considered, it sounds like you may be prone to this kind of experience for whatever reason, but you had the right instinct about not pursuing it when you were a teenager since it could have led you into an area that you would have been unprepared for.

Shijing said:
Herakles said:

In one way, yes. It's been a few years since I read them as well (it hadn't been long since I finished his trilogy when I made my intro post on the forum). He did pioneering work in OBE, and I don't have any reason to believe that anything was fabricated or exaggerated. I think that he offers some of the best insights and information into the nuts and bolts of astral projection, in terms of how it works as opposed to merely recounting experiences. And one of the things I remember most clearly was the buzzing sensation that he described which accompanied his experiences -- first non-volitional, and then later controlled. Abductees have reported the same experience -- which doesn't mean that the buzzing indicates abduction (just want to make that clear) -- but it adds some extra support to the idea that the buzzing is a 'symptom' of the astral body disengaging from the physical, for whatever reason.

That being said, the whole experimental thrust of controlled OBE at the Monroe Institute is something that wouldn't be condoned here, so you have to read those parts with some discrimination, because they're playing with fire and quite ignorant of it. There is a 'disciple' of Monroe's, if you want to call him that, named Robert Bruce who has published a couple of how-to books regarding OBEs. Anecdotally, at just about the time I discovered this forum, I had bought one of his books and was experimenting with some of his energy movement and meditation exercises. My daughter joined me a couple of times -- I had been doing it for a few weeks without any apparent success, but on her second time she experienced that buzzing and it freaked her out. I had her stop for that reason, but knowing what I do now, I cringe when I look back at what I might have exposed her to out of my own ignorance. So all things considered, it sounds like you may be prone to this kind of experience for whatever reason, but you had the right instinct about not pursuing it when you were a teenager since it could have led you into an area that you would have been unprepared for.

Thanks for the feedback and you are quite right in urging discrimination. The thing is, I have no desire for an OBE so in that respect alone am not too interested in seeking out Monroe books or Institute. If a book finds its way to me then will pay attention and give it a read, but if not, <shrug>

Though your care and concern are clear to see it should be clarified that in a way I did pursue areas that I was unprepared for albeit not deliberate and willful astral projection. Like many on this forum I've experienced strange things, the "weird and the wonderful" but all in all tend to take such experiences with a grain of salt. And when it comes to the pursuit of knowledge, or encountering the unknown, can we EVER be prepared, truly?

Do have to admit however that since finding this forum the possibility of abduction can run amock in one's mind if not careful. It is strange to look back a few years ago where I was never interested in UFO's, aliens, etc, though I have had an interest in esoteric studies since about the age of 18, and now with exposure to greater thoughts/ideas and therefore books has changed the ways I view many childhood events.

Not that I know or even highly suspect any kind of interaction/abductions, there is no conscious memory of a "face-to-face" meeting, but the places lived and bizarre events in childhood are looked at now with that knowledge that such things exist, whatever the strange phenomena might be.

Just today I read an article on SOTT describing strange lights at Sandia Mountain near Albuquerque, New Mexico, where I spent quite a few formative years in childhood (along with Roswell) and then there are stories I've read of places visited known for strange aerial activity, e.g Montserrat in Spain, or even the stories read, almost twenty years later(!) of a number of cases in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri with sightings and cattle mutilations, occurring (in a handful of stories read) not more than 10 miles from home in high school!

Yet at the time in ALL of these places I had no inkling of an idea, or even interest for that matter, in possible UFO/Alien phenomena.

The only time I can recall an interest in "aliens" was about the age of 9 or so and just one day started this kick about getting my mom to stop smoking, when I said, paraphrased, "imagine if aliens came to earth and found all these people smoking cancer sticks, wouldnt that be aweful?" So one way the mind can run amock is to imagine abduction and programming one night to lead to saying such things. To be clear, I do NOT operate from that belief, but its an example.

Yet today I smoke, and enjoy it, so if, now just saying if, that were the case, then, HA! :cool2:

Herakles said:
Thanks for the feedback and you are quite right in urging discrimination. The thing is, I have no desire for an OBE so in that respect alone am not too interested in seeking out Monroe books or Institute. If a book finds its way to me then will pay attention and give it a read, but if not, <shrug>

Though your care and concern are clear to see it should be clarified that in a way I did pursue areas that I was unprepared for albeit not deliberate and willful astral projection. Like many on this forum I've experienced strange things, the "weird and the wonderful" but all in all tend to take such experiences with a grain of salt. And when it comes to the pursuit of knowledge, or encountering the unknown, can we EVER be prepared, truly?

I think I actually chose the wrong word -- when I said you may be prone to this kind of experience, I meant that it might be easier for you to have an OBE without having to try hard than it might be for some other people, not that I was worried that you were still interested. Sorry about the misunderstanding :-[

Herakles said:
Yet today I smoke, and enjoy it, so if, now just saying if, that were the case, then, HA! :cool2:

Indeed ;D

Dream of Flying

Has anyone had consistent dreams of flying?
Would like to know what kind of obstacles/limitations they have enountered while flying, if any.
I have had these dreams of flying many times. They ususally start off as a re-discovery of the ability to fly, and occur in many different circumstances. Sometimes as simple as a need to cover a large distance to get home. Or just attempting to show others that we can all fly, if we just try. And meeting others who say "Yes, we can fly too".
Later on in some of the dreams, there is an awareness of an overhead limtitation, taking the form of wires. And places where they will 'get you' if you attempt to fly over thier 'area', and attempting to find a way out of the cage which they put you in, flying up to the top.
Do you have favorite places to fly to?

Re: Dream of Flying

"I" have remembered having dreams about flying when i was a child, but also dreams where someone is teaching me how to fly, and i suck at it, and there is trepidation, because i cannot control my movement, and am worried about going too high, and not being able to return. So i hang around a few feet from the ground, and try to master the ability in a manner that is suitable to me.

It can be looked upon as symbolic, because flying can be equated with freedom, and that is essentially what we are working towards here isn't it.

RobertB said:
Has anyone had consistent dreams of flying?

Once you brought it up, I distinctly remember having had a period or episode, several years of length, when I was much younger (between 8 and 13 yo, I guesstimate) of persistent and recurring dreams of flying in a very peculiar way. I had to stretch my arms alongside my body and continuously make some rather peculiar movements with my hands in order to be capable (in my dreams only, I have to stretch) to fly - like a helicopter or chopper would do. My aim was to have an overview of the situation at hand (get a helicopter view, litterally) before deciding how to act upon it, or not.

Furthermore, I remember loving to be able to fly in that way but resenting the reasons (chaotic situations) for having to do it so regularly at that stage in my development. For all I know, this episode came and went on its own for no apparent reason that I can think of now or then, to be honest.

Had not thought of that for decades, so thank you for reminding me. Great fun to get such memories back, once in a while... FWIW.

Yes, it was work to fly, but it was well worth the effort. I was more like a pteradactl with a human body. Lots of soaring and gentle swooping.
Always seems to start when there is a situation that warrants it.
The intial feeling is one of joy upon being able to take off and remain airborne.
I even had one where I remembered the ability to fly, and realized that I was dreaming, and that I had better get the flying job done because I couldn't remain dreaming with the knowledge that I was dreaming.

I remember a few dreams of flying. The one I remember most was a few years ago, flying in a urban area. I remember that the process was like this: I had to do a little jump, with my legs (strong push but not too strong, slightly strong), once in the air I had to put my body in certain specific position, I don't remember the position of legs and arms, trunk had to be stretched or slightly forwards, this was to gain height.

Then it was like swimming. Certain movements coupled with intention made me move in the direction desired, and certain movements and body positions made me descend softly on the ground; I remember I thought of it as something I regain, as a capability that I thought as forgotten. I also remember that I felt frustrated for not knowing how to attain more speed - In the dream, I dislike how slow was my flight.

I had many dreams of flying as a kid. I flew up for simple reason to fly at that time, and speed of my flight was fast.
In recent years I had dreams where I fly on couple occasions but it was more like trying to fly, it required effort and was like pushing away from ground feeling light as feather and swimming in air sometimes falling back down and up again.
Curious that you started this topic yesterday,cause yesterday I had fun expirience of flying in dream. I was having trouble galling asleep then,came period where I was semi sleep semi awake. Then I fell in dream.And I remembered that I am dreaming somehow.My first move? well I flew in air with high speed and I was conciouss and there was that vibrating sensation in my head that I could feel even while in dream.Then I had funny thought,I tried to go where some friends of mine were in real life at that time,to see if I can actually get there, in ''real world'' :P What happened was that I rouse high up in air with great view of enviroment below(cities,trees,hills,sea) and without real control, I started to fly straight forward with enoumous speed,like 2x speed of sound or something.
Strange thing that happened after 20-30sec after flying over few cities and the sea was that I got to place with mountains and forest but everything was like drawn,like cartoon, then I woke up.
I think it's that I reached border of dream or I was flying at such speed that my mind couldnt make better job in creating dream world,latter is probably right.
When I awoke my head was still vibrating and there was good/strange feeling of energy freely moving through my torso. That happens after lucid dreaming or AP right? In lucid dream I was trying to make AP..

Graalsword

You are describing what I did to fly in my own dreams. Going to find friends (sometimes they are already there), or tell them about the wonder of flying, the feeling of swimming, the forested mountains below. Nice description of takeoffs, too.
There's a possibility that a lot of us have been in the same plane, learning the same things.
Where do these come from? Ancestry, next realm, or a joke being played on us?

Improvise

How's your altitude control when flying? I have a lot of clumsiness in that regard.
Ever been able to tell if you actually have wings, or are you flying as your human self?

"I got to place with mountains and forest but everything was like drawn,like cartoon, then I woke up."
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the 'cartoon' effect is the brightness control getting turned up which means "Dream Exit Sequence". It's like someone is at the controls and saying "Alright, that's enough dream candy for one night, now up you go".

I have tried to go to sleep thinking about what dream I want to go to, and you know what?
I have never been successful.

Perhaps if a bunch of us got together and made the attempt, we could go explore that world, and see what's going on.
bngenoh, Graalswold, Palinurus, Improvise and whomever else is reading, what say you?
As for me, I'm going for it.

My altitude control hmph, I don't know about that.In regular dreams where I'm not aware that I'm dreaming,especially as a kid I would just fly for fun,it was natural part of my dreams,almost every night I'd say.
Maybe it is part of reason why almost every kid fly in dream is that soul still remembers how was it in soul plane and thus the flying dreams,and ofcourse cause of feeling of freedom that is strong in kids,and energy body is still clean of blocks and attachments could be another reason.
So, it really was no big deal to fly when I was kid,and to enter dreams I want.I could continue dream from last night,talked to my brothers they confirm they could do the same.
Recently,I had flying dreams where I flew high but it still wasnt same feeling, and reason was not fun, but runing from something. And in few other dreams where in dream I was with ther people,when I tried to fly it was like making leaps in air and making effort like swimming but still I was to heavy and couldnt stay in air for long.
In some dreams like the latter I had human form. but in one where I was aware I'm dreaming I had no form that i know of. I was perception/awareness.
It's still possible fo me to enter dream awake, I menaged to do that on few occasions in last few years,but it takes to be in special state of being,empty of thoughts,desires,and then breathe slowly(ee breathing can work) and then allow your energy to flow upwards to your head(pineal gland) and to activate one of the chakras there I guess.Then it should be not a problem to enter dream cause it will practically start playing itself, you'll find yourself dreaming and should remember that youre in dream easy, atlest something like that happened with me yesterday.
Good idea but I think we should practice this first before attempting that, it really isn't hard to achieve it,when i think about it,almost each time when I did try it i did it, it takes will and intent..

And for altitude control in that lucid dream state, well, it was kinda out of control,speed atleast,so that mean I need practice.
Also to add, yes I was aware and in control of dream but there was something else guiding me and I think it was my higher self.
Activated third eye charkra(was vibrating and pulsating) is one confirmation for that in my opinion.
For me the most important thing when I wish to achieve that is to let my energy flow to my head,than fun begins:)

Back
Top Bottom