Donald Trump wins 2016 US presidential election

Day 83 - Where is Eric Braverman? Part 3 Who Killed Monica Petersen?
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG4-qwEko1g

Ant22 said:
According to Bloomberg, the traders have been joking that the country should just fork out around $12bn to purchase the social media site and then shut it down straight away.

That seems like a load of hubris to me. First there would be a ton of backlash, Twitter users love Twitter. Second, there are plenty of other social networks. Third, personal Web sites are easy to build and people would flock to a Trump site if he took that route. So shutting down Twitter solves nothing really.

m said:
Ant22 said:
According to Bloomberg, the traders have been joking that the country should just fork out around $12bn to purchase the social media site and then shut it down straight away.

That seems like a load of hubris to me. First there would be a ton of backlash, Twitter users love Twitter. Second, there are plenty of other social networks. Third, personal Web sites are easy to build and people would flock to a Trump site if he took that route. So shutting down Twitter solves nothing really.

Yeah, that's a rather speculative article, I agree. In the quote above it does say they joked about it rather than saying this was an actual strategy.

What caught my attention was the app that apparently notifies users whenever Trump tweets about a private company.

Maybe I should have just posted info about the app rather than the whole article. It's rather "noisy", I admit.

Ant22 said:
It has prompted the Trigger finance app to unveil a special feature that alerts investors when president-elect Donald Trump has tweeted about a public company.

Other sources:
_http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-trump-trigger-finance-20170109-story.html
_http://uk.businessinsider.com/triggers-helps-you-trade-stocks-on-trumps-tweets-2017-1

Hi Ant22, I think it's a good idea to start a new thread discussing this anti Trump hysteria. Understanding what's going on here and how to deal with it in a positive manner is a good idea. Placing this discussion in the swamp area seems to be the best place I think so things said, won't add to the divide and people can speak more freely. Any solutions can then be added to the public forum. I will do this later today but if you or anyone else would like to start this discussion please go ahead since I won't have the time until later.

Via SoTT:

CIA Chief Brennan warns Trump against 'talking and tweeting': Trump responds with tweet

[...]
"Spontaneity is not something that protects national security interests and so, therefore, when he speaks or when he reacts, just make sure he understands that the implications and impact on the United States could be profound," Brennan said in a January 15 interview with Fox News.

Brennan also warned Trump about Russia's intentions.

"I don't think he has a full appreciation of Russian capabilities, Russia's intentions and actions," Brennan said.

[...]

Trump via Twitter, 15 Jan 2017: here and here

.@FoxNews "Outgoing CIA Chief, John Brennan, blasts Pres-Elect Trump on Russia threat. Does not fully understand." Oh really, couldn't do much worse - just look at Syria (red line), Crimea, Ukraine and the build-up of Russian nukes. Not good! Was this the leaker of Fake News?

Doesn't sound like Trump is gonna roll over for the agency, at least with Brennan as the current director.

Throughout the forum, but mainly on the Trump thread, people are reporting their experiences with the anti-Trump phenomenon/hysteria. This thread is for all who would like to discuss their encounters, reactions and possible solutions in how to handle these situations in a productive way. I call this a phenomenon because its wide spread, has appeared suddenly and is very bizarre in my opinion. In extreme cases, people become hysterical, are full of fear, and hate about Trump being the next POTUS. They will spout a list of lies to back their claims, some of which are truly ridiculous. They explain away and see as negative anything positive he is doing, created by the MSM I'm sure. There seems to be a lot of hate flying around and maybe some people are losing their minds.

A simple explanation is, these people bought into all the lies/propaganda fed to them by the MSM. This is surprising, to me anyway, because the anti-Trump people are mainly liberals and the idea behind that view, is one of being better informed (my misconception for sure). Don't they know who controls the media, I thought they did. Thinking of it more, the media propaganda is targeting liberals in particular with their rants of white supremacy, ending gay marriage, planned parenthood and pro-choice. I'm sure that list is longer.

How wide spread is this phenomenon? Is it merely a small percentage of the US population? My contacts with people are fairly limited and I'm not on face book or twitter. I've encountered this view with a few liberal friends however and it's packed a wallop. Its like running into a big wall of lies and illusion thats totally opposite to what I consider the truth and it can be very unnerving if I allow that. Its a strange thing. Authoritarian followers are there for sure.

I thought the massive, anti-Trump propaganda had failed since he won anyway but it looks like its been very successful with some and is being pumped out more then ever. I haven't read Political Ponerology yet, but have read the many excerpts and discussions here. Maybe the answers are there.

So, if anyone would like to discuss this, share insight into its causes and how to handle these situations it could be very helpful. Ant22, Woodsman and BHelmet where the inspiration for starting this thread and a few good suggestions have already been mentioned. How to find the higher ground here and not fall into the divide of taking one side against the other and it is their free will choice to believe in lies have been mentioned.

Rant if you must, this is The Swamp after all and we're speaking of swampish things. Tell us your story.

FWIW, my strategy with people like that ('Trumpophobics') is to say: "Look, I think we shouldn't over-dramatize this. The guy isn't even in office yet. You know, during election campaigns, politicians say all kinds of things. What they end up doing it a different matter entirely. So let's give him a chance and see what will come of it. Also, let's not forget that he is part of a whole, big system that is in place for years, so he can't just change everything, even if he wants to. I don't think we need to panic."

That way, I sneak in a couple of thoughts like that the POTUS hasn't that much power anyway, that maybe the media has overblown the danger of his presidency, that politicians tend to lie during campaigns anyway etc., while also inviting people to stop panicking and think rationally. So far, I think it worked reasonably well.

Bullhorns: Real News (CrossTalk)

https://youtu.be/iW2EzgKtK14
Published on Jan 16, 2017
With only days left before the inauguration of Donald Trump, it appears the intelligence community is at war with itself. Are we witnessing an attempted coup? CrossTalking with Mark Sleboda, Dmitry Babich, and Adam Garrie.

In Stunning Pair Of Interviews, Trump Slams NATO And EU, Threatens BMW With Tax; Prepared To "Cut Ties" With Merkel
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-15/stunning-pair-interviews-trump-slams-nato-and-eu-threatens-bmw-tax-ready-cut-ties-me
trump%20times%20interview%203_0.jpg

Elsewhere, quoted in German from a conversation held in English, Trump predicted Britain’s exit from the EU will be a success and portrayed the EU as an instrument of German domination with the purpose of beating the U.S. in international trade. For that reason, Trump said, he’s fairly indifferent whether the EU breaks up or stays together, according to Bild. According to Bloomberg, Trump’s comments "leave little doubt that he will stick to campaign positions and may in some cases upend decades of U.S. foreign policy, putting him fundamentally at odds with German Chancellor Angela Merkel on issues from free trade and refugees to security and the EU’s role in the world."

Re-Hash

https://youtu.be/6quFfUj2boU

CNSNNEWS
Pence Was Congressional Conservative Who Bucked President George W. Bush January 14, 2017
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pence-goes-outsider-trumps-inside-man-congress

c.a. said:

I was going to post this video too.
I'm sorry for being kind of slow but I don't really understand what's the point of causing such chaos in the US, provided that there really is a plan to attack Trump in such a way.

I was talking to my dad about it and I was telling him that if something like that happens, I don't think that people will buy a narrative so easily after all that has been going on and how the media has been so ridiculous lately. Maybe I'm totally off here, but many people seem to distrust the media now and if something happens to Trump, there will be lots of people who just won't swallow whatever the official narrative says. So yes, they may cause some civil upheaval, but how would that be beneficial for the establishment if they have too many people against it? What if they are miscalculating again and thinking that they will win by making something like this and yet they will be surprised by the people once again? Or maybe I put too much faith in people and they won't really care? Or maybe, this is precisely why they won't risk such a dramatic action? I'm kind of confused here... :huh:

Yas said:
I was talking to my dad about it and I was telling him that if something like that happens, I don't think that people will buy a narrative so easily after all that has been going on and how the media has been so ridiculous lately. Maybe I'm totally off here, but many people seem to distrust the media now and if something happens to Trump, there will be lots of people who just won't swallow whatever the official narrative says. So yes, they may cause some civil upheaval, but how would that be beneficial for the establishment if they have too many people against it? What if they are miscalculating again and thinking that they will win by making something like this and yet they will be surprised by the people once again? Or maybe I put too much faith in people and they won't really care? Or maybe, this is precisely why they won't risk such a dramatic action? I'm kind of confused here... :huh:

Me to Yas. I highly recommend the recent Sott Talk Radio pod cast.

The Sott crew do a brilliant job of connecting the dot's. You can also join the chat room crew, to ask question's at the time of the airing by Creating an Account on the SOTT News Website.

Sott.net
Sun, 15 Jan 2017 17:00 UTC
Behind the Headlines: American Political Meltdown: Fake News, Fabricated Dossiers and Russia Hating
https://www.sott.net/article/339708-Behind-the-Headlines-American-Political-Meltdown-Fake-News-Fabricated-Dossiers-and-Russia-Hating
As Trump's inauguration day draws nearer, to say that there has been a complete melt-down among the Washington 'elite' (left and right), the back room boys in the "intelligence" agencies and their paid hacks in the US and wider Western media, would be a massive understatement.

All reason seems to have departed the 'reality creators' in the USA in their drive to shut out facts and ensure their 'exceptional' world-view prevails. But reality and facts are asserting themselves, primarily through the refusal of countries like Russia and China to accept a totalitarian 'pax Americana' that would see every other country bow down to American preeminence

In the face of such insolence, and with no real power to do anything about it, the Washington 'elite' have opted to double down on their propaganda and lies about Russia in particular, blaming that country and its leader, Vladimir Putin, for just about everything that is wrong with the formerly United States of America.

Join us this week on Behind the Headlines as we discuss this bizarre phenomenon and the ways in which the extreme subjectivity of American 'leaders' is now manifesting among the American people.

c.a. said:
Yas said:

Me to Yas. I highly recommend the recent Sott Talk Radio pod cast.

The Sott crew do a brilliant job of connecting the dot's. You can also join the chat crew, to ask question's at the time of the airing.

Sott.net
Sun, 15 Jan 2017 17:00 UTC
Behind the Headlines: American Political Meltdown: Fake News, Fabricated Dossiers and Russia Hating
https://www.sott.net/article/339708-Behind-the-Headlines-American-Political-Meltdown-Fake-News-Fabricated-Dossiers-and-Russia-Hating

Thanks c.a. I usually listen to the shows during the week, so I'll certainly listen to it while working today :)

Yas said:
Thanks c.a. I usually listen to the shows during the week, so I'll certainly listen to it while working today :)

Your Welcome Yas :)

CIA Chief Brennan warns Trump against 'talking and tweeting': Trump responds with tweet

Trump is still a question with me. I am taking the "wait and see" approach as it's still too early to see what he will really do.

But I gotta say, he does make me laugh out loud. Such as the headline above. He does snub those in power. I think that he may act like he is toeing the line, but he will still do as much as he wants as he can. That's if he isn't assassinated or impeached. However, that may cause quite the backlash for the deep state as there are a lot of people who can see what's going on on the BBM and like Trump.

SummerLite said:
Hi Ant22, I think it's a good idea to start a new thread discussing this anti Trump hysteria. Understanding what's going on here and how to deal with it in a positive manner is a good idea. Placing this discussion in the swamp area seems to be the best place I think so things said, won't add to the divide and people can speak more freely. Any solutions can then be added to the public forum. I will do this later today but if you or anyone else would like to start this discussion please go ahead since I won't have the time until later.

I think the hysteria is as relevant to this thread as anything else happening but you could start that thread I think.

Wow! Part I: Undercover investigation exposes groups plotting criminal activity at Trump inauguration

In this video, Project Veritas investigators uncover a group known as the DC Anti-fascist Coalition plotting to disrupt President-Elect Donald Trump’s inauguration by deploying butyric acid at the National Press Club during the Deploraball event scheduled for January 19th.

The meeting, captured on hidden camera, was held at Comet Ping Pong, a DC pizza restaurant that is better known as the location of the Pizzagate controversy. The coalition members discuss the steps they would need to take to halt the Deploraball event. Project Veritas notified the FBI, Secret Service and DC Metro Police of the content of this video prior to its release.

https://youtu.be/MHZSfhd1X_8

Back
Top Bottom