Donald Trump wins 2016 US presidential election

Ant22 said:
BHelmet said:
Woodsman said:
I don't know about everybody else, but the scroll on my Facebook feed has recently become more toxic than I seem to recall it having been before, with anti-Trump and official-culture stuff. ...........
I look at some of the coiled springs on FB, and I think, "Is it worth touching that off? There will absolutely be an explosion, and I will probably suffer. Is it a violation to break belief, or is that post a request for conflict? Can I handle it? Is it worth it? Will it lead to something better or just re-coil and leave me with shrapnel in my face?"
-----
....A lot of people on FB are more like acquaintances but there it is: stuff right in my space/face. How do I respond or do I at all? I really do not want to empower the left/right or right/wrong duality argumentative thing and just be one more voice of noise on one side or the other. I am trying to find some higher ground to speak from but it is hard. If I see some massive lie and a lot of people up in arms over it, or perhaps just massive snarky venting, I kind of hold my breath and steel myself (put on the armor of truth?) before posting to try to make sure I am taking a neutralizing path rather than taking sides. It seems if there is lack of balance, that is, perhaps what is most needed: to bring people back to their senses rather than being so carried away in their subjective/emotional reactions. I have seen people do what you describe your friend doing. I may have even done it a few times myself but I never feel all that calm and centered inside. I am kind of bracing for impact and blowback. But there is that choice: do I intervene or say nothing? Is there a request for service? But even if there is no direct request, is there a request by implication? That implication being a huge misconception that threatens us all. IF I am silent, I am aware of the dynamic that states I am agreeing by my silence and I wrestle with that one too. Anyway, bottom line: I totally get what you are saying.

Yup, same here. I've been having the same issue with trying to establish where aiding others with information stops and infringement of their free will to believe lies starts. I must admit that a lot of the time I just don't say anything but I have worked out an approach that kind of ping-pongs the ball back to the person making and leaves it to them to ask for clarification. If they do - I'll clarify my point and provide sources.
Hm - good approach/idea...
Ant22 said:
For example, I once posted a meme criticizing the mainstream news propaganda that ended with "Cheers to those who aren't buying the bu11$h!t again". Within minutes I had a comment from someone that said "You think thousands of people dead within 2 years is bu11$h!t? Good for you." I replied: "You missed the point. I didn't say it wasn't real. Of course it was, no one's denying that". If this person then challenges my reply in any way I go on and clarify my point. In all honesty, hardly anyone ever does but this way I don't seem to be drawn into pointless battles.
I'm not sure whether this approach is right though, I've read through a couple of threads on here where people were presenting quite subjective points and I can see a massive benefit in having a conversation - even a long one - that clarifies the point and explains why someone is incorrect / subjective in their thinking. Maybe the forum is different to facebook in that respect. The forum is an open space and it's googlable so it's important to have a conversation that clarifies to outsiders what the forum stands for. Facebook on the other hand is a personal platform.
-----

Social media is just a whole different breed of cat compared to normal face-to-face conversations or even posting in forums or blogs. It is the wild west - no holds barred, gov't trolls, nothing off-limits, duplicitous standards. Somebody calling Trump evil names is fine but if you are on the wrong side of the argument it is hate speech. And yes - the problem of how to deal with "friends" posting outrageous lies (hopefully in ignorance). And then there is knowing that the NSA is there. (Cue The Police "I'll be Watching You")

So it takes some stepping back and creating a new way of interacting and new standards for interaction. It is hard to stand by and watch your friends re-post the lies and add emotional reactions to the fire. Where is the line between speaking the truth to the lie and offering STS assistance when there is clearly no asking? What is the STO response in this STS world without just adding more noise and more wood for the fire? And there is SO much temptation to just take the gloves off - completely come down to the low level and start throwing punches. (Like the proverbial barroom brawl in the cowboy movies.) So yeah - I keep trying for that 3rd neutralizing point of view.

One other depressing thing I notice is that almost nobody changes as a result of some deeper insight offered. As soon as the next baited hook comes along, the same people are off to the races again.

Laura said:
No need to start a new thread; this one serves the purpose well.

Well, I jumped the gun on that one and started the new thread without seeing the feedback here. So, its there if anyone wants to elaborate on the subject of hysterical anti-Trump reactions and how to deal with it. I like having all comments on this subject here as well and it does fit. It surely is a important part of whats going on with all this. I had the idea of starting the new thread on this topic, came here and saw Ant22 saying the same (which I thought was specifically about how to deal with these situations) so offered to start it and did. I considered to much of this type of discussion may be getting off topic here and I'm interested in particular about this right now and thought it may help others as well. Here is the link. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,43531.0.html

So, hmmm....well, there it is. :cool2: Please merge the 2 if you think its best.

m said:
Wow! Part I: Undercover investigation exposes groups plotting criminal activity at Trump inauguration

In this video, Project Veritas investigators uncover a group known as the DC Anti-fascist Coalition plotting to disrupt President-Elect Donald Trump’s inauguration by deploying butyric acid at the National Press Club during the Deploraball event scheduled for January 19th.

The meeting, captured on hidden camera, was held at Comet Ping Pong, a DC pizza restaurant that is better known as the location of the Pizzagate controversy. The coalition members discuss the steps they would need to take to halt the Deploraball event. Project Veritas notified the FBI, Secret Service and DC Metro Police of the content of this video prior to its release.

https://youtu.be/MHZSfhd1X_8

WOW is right! I want to see part 2. Luke Kuhn is one, very creepy guy !!! Shades of Charles Manson.
edit: afterthought. And this took place at Comet Ping Pong!

Update on Project Veritas. The DisruptJ20 group is claiming they were only trolling PV with a wild story. I don't know how to get a twitter vid to embed, but here's the link. Damage control on Disrupt's part, but a little late as several levels of D.C. law enforcement are now looking at them.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/821087046395695104

It's just getting crazier by the minute.

herondancer said:
Update on Project Veritas. The DisruptJ20 group is claiming they were only trolling PV with a wild story. I don't know how to get a twitter vid to embed, but here's the link. Damage control on Disrupt's part, but a little late as several levels of D.C. law enforcement are now looking at them.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/821087046395695104

It's just getting crazier by the minute.

Sheesh. That's seems to me to be so transparently false. How much of an idiot would a person have to be to pull a stunt like that knowing full well that the FBI and Secret Service (plus DC Metro Police) would never take it as trolling or as a joke? I hope PV has some great followup video to part 1.

SummerLite said:
Laura said:
No need to start a new thread; this one serves the purpose well.

Well, I jumped the gun on that one and started the new thread without seeing the feedback here. So, its there if anyone wants to elaborate on the subject of hysterical anti-Trump reactions and how to deal with it. I like having all comments on this subject here as well and it does fit. It surely is a important part of whats going on with all this. I had the idea of starting the new thread on this topic, came here and saw Ant22 saying the same (which I thought was specifically about how to deal with these situations) so offered to start it and did. I considered to much of this type of discussion may be getting off topic here and I'm interested in particular about this right now and thought it may help others as well. Here is the link. http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,43531.0.html

So, hmmm....well, there it is. :cool2: Please merge the 2 if you think its best.

Gosh, it would have helped if I didn't disappear right after posting my comment on Sunday and replied to your post :-[ I'm sorry for this, I guess it caused a bit of confusion. I spent the entire weekend on the forum / SOTT and as they say, there comes a time on Sunday when it stops being the last day of the weekend and becomes the day before Monday, so I needed to catch up with the boring stuff.

Thanks for clarifying it Laura and thanks for helping out SummerLite!

angelburst29 posted an article about planned disruptions to Trump's inauguration, even calls for them above and this morning a friend of mine posted on facebook he's going to an anti Trump march in London. It's interesting that the article claims the estimated number of people attending worldwide should be around 700,000 in 370 cities. It looks impressive until you do the math and divide the number of people by the number of cities and it turns out it's under 2000. That would be a lot if it wasn't for the fact that they are listing capital cities that have millions of citizens.

Here's the article:
_http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/17/370-cities-across-world-just-announced-trump-inauguration-protests/

370 Cities Across The World Just Announced Trump Inauguration Protests

The upcoming inauguration of Donald Trump is being met with mass trepidation from not just Americans, but by millions of people around the world. That much is evident in the fact that there will be 370 “sister marches” on six continents that are expected to draw over 700,000 people across the world, protesting the inauguration of Donald Trump. 55 marches have been planned in cities from Paris to Nairobi to Sydney, reports the Huffington Post.

14,000 women are set to march in London alone in protest of not just Trump but of the recent wave of far-right hate that is engulfing human societies across the globe and in support of women’s rights, LGBT rights,

“This march was triggered by widespread apprehension at the threat to human rights anticipated in the wake of recent political events. By coming together on the 21st, a multitude of different organisations working across the board on different social issues send a message that the politics of fear and division will not be accepted. In 2016, we all saw an increase in hate speech and divisive rhetoric. Donald Trump’s election was really a tipping point for me” says organizer Beth Garner.

It should be a real gut-punch to the American people and to the Republican Party to know that the ascension of a serial sexual predator and narcissistic egomaniac to the Presidency is prompting outrage not just in the United States but all across the globe.

I wonder whether the "14,000 women are set to march in London alone in protest of not just Trump but of the recent wave of far-right hate that is engulfing human societies across the globe and in support of women’s rights, LGBT rights," part actually means they found out about the march and then added Trump to these women's agenda.

Anyhow, my friend who is so eagerly attending the London march didn't mention the correlation. I hope he's not too disappointed if it turns out he's carrying an anti-Trump banner whilst everyone else is there with LGBT banners :D

I'll definitely ask him how it went.

Edit: fixing quote boxes

No problem Ant22, not a big deal.

Things are really heating up and getting tense. In the past massive protests haven't caused any change but this one in Washington may be a whole different thing. Maybe Trump could send his body double to Washington and secretly move the inauguration to Pennsylvania. :cool2:

Trump on Obamacare, Drug Companies and CIA Chief John Brennan
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq4Bnb5rhqU

Donald Trump Protester Speaks Out: “I Was Paid $3,500 To Protest Trump’s Rally” November 11, 2016
paid-trump-supporters.png

_http://abcnews.com.co/donald-trump-protester-speaks-out-i-was-paid-to-protest/

Love and Hate For Trump In Britain

https://youtu.be/AZIQPM3ibO4

I hope James O'Keefe watches his back.

James O'Keefe ‏@JamesOKeefeIII 5h5 hours ago
https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII
James O'Keefe Retweeted Lacy MacAuley
The truth does not need to be explained, it only needs to be seen. Good luck with your damage control tomorrow.

SummerLite said:
No problem Ant22, not a big deal.

Things are really heating up and getting tense. In the past massive protests haven't caused any change but this one in Washington may be a whole different thing. Maybe Trump could send his body double to Washington and secretly move the inauguration to Pennsylvania. :cool2:

Yes! That! :clap:

Also, maybe protests in the past didn't cause any change because they were played down or sometimes even "overlooked" by the media. This one is likely to be blown out of proportions and the MSM may claim a change that isn't there.

Whatever those anti Trump protester have in mind. They have to get through 5000 Bikers Haha :lol:

More than 5,000 pro-Trump bikers will form a 'wall' at The Donald's inauguration and go head-to-head with any violent protesters
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4122304/Chris-Cox-Bikers-Trump-says-5-000-members-attend-inauguration.html

- Chris Cox, 48, is the organizer of Bikers for Trump, which will attend swearing-in
- He says the group is non-violent but will stand up to dangerous protesters
- If protesters break through police lines, the bikers will form a 'wall of meat'
- The bikers will also have their own rally, complete with speakers and music
- He also hopes to curry the favor of political figures to get a bill passed-
- That bill would keep national parks and monuments open when gov't is closed

More than 5,000 bikers are expected to descend on Washington, DC, for the inauguration of Donald Trump on Friday in a dramatic display of support.

Chris Cox, 48, is organizing what he hopes will be a sizable rally for America's pro-Trump bikers, complete with musical performances and speakers - and he says they will have another purpose.

'In the event that we are needed, we will form a wall of meat,' he told Fox & Friends Saturday, adding that while the group is non-violent, they would stand up to any dangerous protesters.

'We'll be shoulder to shoulder with our brothers and we'll be toe-to-toe with anyone who's going to break through police barriers,' he said.

Despite his fighting talk, Cox said that he expects a peaceful transition and that his team will only be there was a last resort to deal with people who are 'assaulting women, spitting on them, throwing things at them'.

Bikers for Trump has 200,000 members, Cox claims, and he hopes they will draw in more from the nation's millions of motorcycle enthusiasts - particularly the many veterans and blue-collar workers supportive of Trump's presidency.

And what have those elitist know it all university millennials have to offer in response except cry ins and support groups?

Cox started the group during the early days of Trump's campaign.

He says he was energized by the then-unlikely candidate's rhetoric - particularly his demands for a hands-off, small government.

It was that message, the traveling chainsaw artist explained, that made him an unlikely supporter of the Manhattan billionaire.

'I'm not going to spend much time critiquing the vessel of the message,' Cox told The Washington Post. 'It's the message I'm interested in.'

He also says that despite the image of bikers as white supremacists, Bikers for Trump is a multiracial group that pushes for 'racial reconciliation'.

Cox has another motive: He's hoping to promote a bill that lobbied for, which calls for national parks and monuments to remain open even when Washington is closed.

That bill has been snarled up in red tape, and Cox - who also made headlines in 2013 when he mowed the lawn around the Lincoln Memorial during the government shutdown - hopes that Trump will help.

'My goal is for the bill not only to pass, but for it to pass with the most co-sponsors in the history of the House of Representatives,' he said.

'I'm optimistic that when Donald Trump sees it, he'll be for it.'

Cox has met Trump a number of times before - and says that the President-elect even called him to thank him for his organizing efforts.

But he said he didn't ask Trump about the bill.

'I didn't want to bog him down with anything unrelated,' he explained. 'It was a matter-of-fact conversation that I would have with my friends. We laughed a bunch.'

Trump is a president of the people for the people. Millionaire Celebrities and over educated upper class elitist youngsters are excluded. They are out of touch with reality and stand at the wrong side of history.

Mike Cernovich, author, pro-Trump Twitterer, and organizer of the 'Deploraball,' told followers on a Monday evening Periscope broadcast that he plans to file civil charges against anti-Trump protesters caught on camera planning to attack the event with stink bombs.

The 'Deploraball' is going to be a gathering of Trump supporters on Thursday night in Washington D.C. to celebrate the presidential inauguration. It is one of several inaugural balls planned in the city this week. Members of the 'Disrupt J-20' and 'D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition' groups were recorded by undercover journalists from James O'Keefe's 'Project Veritas' planning to release stink bombs and activate fire alarms at the party.

"They made a real big mistake," Cernovich said about the 'Disrupt J-20' organizers. "When you're threatened with terrorism, and you have people saying they're going to commit terrorism at a party you're hosting, you have to take that quite seriously."

"They seem to think it is just a prank, and I would refer them to the Dept. of Justice's website -- This is actually a felony," he continued. "This isn't funny at all. It is terrorism... We have filed a criminal complaint against the conspirators, and the FBI is investigating that right now. Tomorrow we will be filing a civil action against them also. Against the domestic terrorists who purchased tickets... This is a criminal conspiracy to commit terrorism, and we are treating it like the serious criminal conspiracy that it is."

"They are on video saying they are going to commit terrorism at the Deploraball," he continued. "They purchased a ticket. Three of them did. That is an overt act taken in furtherance of the conspiracy... We're in touch with the FBI, local police, and we are filing also a civil action."

He also noted: "The Deploraball, if you want a refund because you are concerned with your safety, we understand that. And we have 100% refund policy."

"Security is going to be tight," he assured guests. "Names are going to be matched to tickets."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/01/16/deploraball_organizer_plans_to_file_conspiracy_to_commit_domestic_terrorism_charges_against_disrupt_j-20.html_ (dash added at end of link)

Just keeps getting weird and weirder.

Classic Putin: People Behind Trump Hooker Fairytale 'Worse Than Prostitutes' Published on Jan 17, 2017
Russia Insider

https://youtu.be/A-7lc4ms8Xs
Putin Sees 'Maidan-Style' Attempts in US to Delegitimize Trump
Russian President Vladimir Putin said that he sees attempts in the United States to "delegitimize" US President-elect Donald Trump using "Maidan-style" methods previously used in Ukraine.

:huh:

Guns in Violin Case, Weapons Cache in D.C. Before Inauguration: “Is Someone Unleashing Chaos?” (Link for a Full View)
_http://www.thedailysheeple.com/thats-strange-weapons-caches-found-stashed-in-dc-days-before-inauguration_012017
Some lady out for a walk happened upon a couple of guns stashed in a violin case in the woods near the C&O Canal along the Potomac River in Washington, DC.

After the police were called in, more weapons caches were found, including long guns, pistols, and ammunition in pails and garbage bags tucked away in an area of the woods hikers aren’t known to frequent.

“At this point, we don’t know how they got there, why they’re here or when they got here,” police spokeswoman Sgt. Anna Rose told ABC News.

British Pol Claims Trump Marked for Assassination
By Daily Bell Staff - January 16, 2017
_http://www.thedailybell.com/news-analysis/british-pol-claims-trump-marked-for-assassination/
British Politician Warns Trump ‘CIA Is Plotting Assassination’ – British politician George Galloway has warned Donald Trump the American deep state is engaged in a “soft coup d’etat” and the CIA is planning to assassinate him. “There is a clear and present danger on his life.” -Your News Wire

George Galloway is a somewhat popular but wildly leftist, English politician who says thing that other pols avoid. That’s why it’s no surprise that he is behind this assassination story.

Link to View

Back
Top Bottom