DMT Research Page

Racer_Unknown said:
...If I see a friend going around saying "bin Ladden and Hussein are responsible for 9/11," I would gently pull them aside and at least try to set them straight by sharing (truthful) information. ... I thought would be beneficial for you all to know ...
Hi, this sounds like "determining the needs of another", which has been discussed frequently on this forum. I'm probably doing it now by suggesting that you read up on it (hint hint). http://www.sott.net/signs/forum/search.php?search_id=941312068&p=1

Hello Rhansen,

Although I do understand what you said in your post, let me play devil's advocate for a sec. Okay?

If your son or brother or good friend believes that 1+1=5... would you at least try to tell them that they are incorrect (as it is obvious to most poeple what the real answer is)? or, would you let them continue saying (and/or sharing) something that's clearly in error? I say this as it is in this same spirit that I clearify some things to friends and family members. I mean since we ARE here (this forum) to learn, then I can't help but pointing out that something might be in error, if I think (from researching the subject myself) it is.

It's the same with friends who are "sincere seekers": at the very least I point them in the right direction (books, DVD's, podcasts, etc) to either agree or disagree with what I am sharing. It's the least a friend can do, methinks.

Thank you very much Rhasen for your thoughts and suggesting the thread. I will read it.

PS The link seems to be broken. Hmm. Maybe I can find it with the "search" function...

racer said:
Although I do understand what you said in your post, let me play devil's advocate for a sec. Okay?
Perhaps it would help if you could explain what you understand about Rhansen's post? From your response, I think you missed his point, which is that determining the needs of another is STS. This is quite an important thing to understand - and entails concepts ranging from 'what is asking' to 'self-importance', 'self-referencing' and the 'need to be right' or to be 'seen as a teacher'.

Just because one thinks something is important or should be clarified doesn't mean that it is objectively important or that it should be clarified - but if one thinks only of themselves, of what they think is important and 'true', then this is lost on them - "of course it is important, I thought of it!"

Not everyone wants to know that 1+1 does not equal 5, but if one simply MUST point out the truth to others, then that person is serving themselves much more than others (internal considering).

I'm not sure what thread Rhansen is referencing, so hopefully he'll clear that up since his link does not currently work, as these topics have been discussed at length and it might serve you quite well to reference what has already been discussed.

Racer_Unknown said:
If your son or brother or good friend believes that 1+1=5... would you at least try to tell them that they are incorrect ...
PS The link seems to be broken. Hmm. Maybe I can find it with the "search" function...
That would depend on the exact circumstance. In general I wouldn't try to correct them, for example a close relative of mine thinks that the Palestinians deserve (or do things to bring about) the treatment they recieve from the Isreali gov't. I have stated that I don't agree and left it at that since my reasoning was not asked for. I recieved a lot of flak just for saying that I don't agree. This is a 'sacred cow' for that person and there would be a strong(er) emotional response if I tried to do any persuasion.

That linked search was generated by using "determining the needs of another", quotes and all, in the search function and selecting 'show results as' posts.

Anart said:
Perhaps it would help if you could explain what you understand about Rhansen's post? From your response, I think you missed his point, which is that determining the needs of another is STS. This is quite an important thing to understand - and entails concepts ranging from 'what is asking' to 'self-importance', 'self-referencing' and the 'need to be right' or to be 'seen as a teacher'.

Just because one thinks something is important or should be clarified doesn't mean that it is objectively important or that it should be clarified - but if one thinks only of themselves, of what they think is important and 'true', then this is lost on them - "of course it is important, I thought of it!"

Not everyone wants to know that 1+1 does not equal 5, but if one simply MUST point out the truth to others, then that person is serving themselves much more than others (internal considering)
In trying to understand what might be STS or STO when pointing out something to someone, say that you have written a reference book of some kind, Anart, and someone who's read it notices a typo or some type of innacuracy. Would it be safe to say you wouldn't mind being shown this - having it pointed out? So that in turn *others* may benefit from acccurate information? (And it is ONLY in this context that I would do such a thing - with a sincere seeker that wants to learn.)

Do you understand what I am trying to convey here? I do understand what you are saying though... so it can be tricky!

Racer said:
If your son or brother or good friend believes that 1+1=5... would you at least try to tell them that they are incorrect
Rhansen said:
That would depend on the exact circumstance.
YES! That's it! I think you are correct. As Ark likes to say, "As always, the devil is in the details."

Racer_Unknown said:
In trying to understand what might be STS or STO when pointing out something to someone, say that you have written a reference book of some kind, Anart, and someone who's read it notices a typo or some type of innacuracy. Would it be safe to say you wouldn't mind being shown this - having it pointed out? So that in turn *others* may benefit from acccurate information? (And it is ONLY in this context that I would do such a thing - with a sincere seeker that wants to learn.)

Do you understand what I am trying to convey here? I do understand what you are saying though... so it can be tricky!
This is why it might serve you well to read, in depth, the previous discussions. The scenario you present is a very specific scenario, using rather legalistic thinking to make your point. In short - it's not really applicable in the context of the full discussion.

There is a world of difference between fixing a typo in a book and determining the needs of others in the way it is discussed here.

Perhaps after you read the information, you will have a more clear view and understand the crucial and fundamental difference between what you have presented here and the point Rhansen is trying to make.

Rhansen said:
That would depend on the exact circumstance. In general I wouldn't try to correct them, for example a close relative of mine thinks that the Palestinians deserve (or do things to bring about) the treatment they recieve from the Isreali gov't. I have stated that I don't agree and left it at that since my reasoning was not asked for. I recieved a lot of flak just for saying that I don't agree. This is a 'sacred cow' for that person and there would be a strong(er) emotional response if I tried to do any persuasion..
Anart said:
The scenario you present is a very specific scenario, using rather legalistic thinking to make your point. In short - it's not really applicable in the context of the full discussion..... There is a world of difference between fixing a typo in a book and determining the needs of others in the way it is discussed here
I would add that there's also a world of difference between having an "opinion" (subjective) as opposed to stating something factual (objective) to a sincere seeker. As far as me presenting here a "very specific scenario," in my mind the "point I was arguing," Anart, was related to the "DMT page incident." Sure I made a wrong choice for an analogy (as in choosing the example of telling one of my friends that they had been lied to, for example about the nature of humans i.e. "All humans have the capacity to be good and love one another") and I apoligize for this; for the confusion.

But then, when I read what Ransen said: "That would depend on the exact circumstance." I agreed with him and thought it was an excellent point, which applied, I thought, to THIS specific discussion - posts to the SOTT forum and whether they are coming from a STO/STS orientation. And so I am saying the same thing to you, Anart: my post was made only referring to this forum in the already mentioned *specific situation* - the DMT page incident. Nonetheless, I will continue to read up on the topic as suggested by you two.

Thank you both by the way.

Rhansen said:
Racer_Unknown said:
If your son or brother or good friend believes that 1+1=5... would you at least try to tell them that they are incorrect ...
That would depend on the exact circumstance. In general I wouldn't try to correct them, for example a close relative of mine thinks that the Palestinians deserve (or do things to bring about) the treatment they recieve from the Isreali gov't. I have stated that I don't agree and left it at that since my reasoning was not asked for. I recieved a lot of flak just for saying that I don't agree. This is a 'sacred cow' for that person and there would be a strong(er) emotional response if I tried to do any persuasion.

That linked search was generated by using "determining the needs of another", quotes and all, in the search function and selecting 'show results as' posts.
I would like to tell a anecdote from the mental-hospital I work at about, it relates to forced help.

If Racer_Unknown still reads the forum or anyone else who gets inspired by this.

At the unit I work the patients eat breakfast, lunch and so on with the personal. Being paid to just sit and eat you tend to want to do something, and as its our job to prepare the food and such it comes naturally to help with eating related things. The problem with this got noticed when a patient did know how to open a milk-carton because it had always been done for him, such a simple task and he could not do it, they don't have access to knifes so he could not get creative, ie. stab it open or something, so he was not able to drink milk without being taught how to do it and he was around 40-50 years old. He had been in the hospital for so long that they had changed the milk-carton design before he got admitted.
Another very similar story is about a patient that could not operate a ATM-machine because it had been done for him, learned helplessness.

You have to learn yourself, you could ask someone to help or teach you .

Hi again.

In the book 'The spirit molecule' there was a statement that aprox. 5% of the test subjects that were used for the investigation of the effects of DMT did not experience much of anything. Maybe a question for the C's could be 'What is the nature, if any, of the relationship between psychopaths (or aspects/beings in nature that fall under a similar category) and the molecule DMT' The very high rate of finding this molecule in life makes me think it is more than just another variety of 'drug' or whatever you want to call it.

Thanks and lots of learning your way

Hi Vulcan. Thanks for the link.

I did read through the entire topic you linked to, but found nothing related to the question I was interested in. I hope it didn't seem like I was suggesting any use of this molecule, because I wasn't. I was just curious about the relationship (if any) between this substance and psychopathy/STS. Perhaps it can be viewed in the same light as a question asking about the relationship between gold and psychopathy/STS nature (which i think has already been addressed).

cheers

Peto said:
buelltonsux said:
Taoist master, Mantak Chia of Thailand recommends sound and light isolation in a process he calls Darkroom Enlightenment. He sequesters participants in the dark for over a week to shock the pineal gland into critical arousal to stimulate production of natural DMT and break down the barriers to transcendence. The neurotransmitter 5-MeO-DMT is normally only active when we are in the womb and in the first months of our lives. It is reactivated in the darkroom
There's another word for Darkroom Enlightenment, it's sensory deprivation. I guess a lot of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are enlightened by it.

While looking over this topic preparatory to merging the latest questions about it, I noted the above post. The fact is, we did ask the Cs once about sensory deprivation or "Darkroom Enlightenment":

3 Dec. 1994

Q: (L) I received an article from P*** about experiments by
a fellow named Persinger who has been trying to duplicate
the "abduction" experience by subjecting people to EM
fields in a sensory deprivation chamber. I would like
comments on that, and second...

A: Nonsense, some have closed mind inspired by fear.

Q: (L) My concern is that if he is doing this to people, and
we have talked about electromagnetic energy blowing holes
in the dimensional boundaries, my concern is that this
experimentation could be detrimental to the persons being
experimented on; is this a possibility?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) What could be the results of subjecting someone to
these electromagnetic fields?

A: Cessation of body.

Q: (L) In other words, it could kill them?

Q: (L) Could it also open doors between dimensions and allow
other things to enter in?

Q: (L) Could they be subjected to spirit or demonic
possession by this method?

Q: (L) Could they also be subjected to further programming by
aliens through this method?

Q: (L) Anything else you wish to say on this?

A: Always keep open mind.

Q: (L) Are there any psychological effects that could occur
to a person as a result of this type of experimentation?

A: Maybe.

I did a search on this forum and did not find anything related to dimethyltryptamine, I am well aware of the rules of this forum and if you keep reading you will see I am not in breach of said rules.

Does anyone here believe as I do that dimethyltryptamine (DMT) released in its highest quantities during birth and death assists with the process of combining the soul with the body and vice versa? since I have not read or come accross in these forums anything related beside the Grayham Hancock thread and the ayahuasca journey's I thought it would be good to get everyones opinion on the following

Does anyone here know that if heavily contaminated by flouride (such as myself) due to drinking coca-cola, Toxic tap water, swallowing toothpaste as a kid etc. and therefore having my Pineal Gland calcified as I would presume it is. If my body, when it expires, is gowing to release DMT to assist in the crossing over?

Do I need to take steps (golden seal rootbark consumtion) etc. to regain my pinel glands health and overcome this problem? Or will it still work? and if I dont will my soul find it harder to leave my body when it does expire? will I be trapped?

I do not intend to be a fear mongerer and I am aware that living in fear is not the way to go, My aim for this thread is to help me (and hopefully anyone else who thinks this) overcome that fear and remove the blockage.

Regards, Brent.

Back
Top Bottom