DMT Research Page

mwee

A Disturbance in the Force
Hello all,

I'm new to this rather informative board and have just stumbled upon a pretty interesting link.

It's a page that's has alot of info on specific drugs and many first hand accounts of those
under the influence of these substances. The interesting thing is that many people that have tried DMT
seem to report encounters with all sorts of entities from insectoid mantis beings, clowns, reptillian dragon
like creatures and even elves. It's all rather fascinating and raises alot of questions.

www(dot)dmt-nexus(dot)com

[Moderator: some details edited, with the essential content intact]

What's so particular about it. Drugs cause all kind of hallucinations (don't you know it?), for instance:

Alcohol hallucinosis — This symptom usually begins within 12 to 24 hours after your last drink, and may last as long as two days once it begins. If this happens, you hallucinate (see or feel things that are not real). It is common for people who are withdrawing from alcohol to see multiple small, similar, moving objects. Sometimes the vision is perceived to be crawling insects or falling coins. It is possible for an alcohol withdrawal hallucination to be a very detailed and imaginative vision.

You might want to check a little further into the background philosophy of this "rather informative board", in specific, an article entitled Chemical Hallucinations, Mind Control, and Dr. Jose Delgado

The promotion of chemicals for "spiritual development" is, in our opinion, part of a psy-ops program designed to deflect seekers from not just the truth, but from any ability to perceive or assimilate the truth.

mwee said:
The interesting thing is that many people that have tried DMT
seem to report encounters with all sorts of entities from insectoid mantis beings, clowns, reptillian dragon
like creatures and even elves.
Well, what I find interesting (from what you say above) is that these people who took this mind altering drug have similar experiences. I would think that they would have different experiences in the same way that people will have different experiences and their descriptions of these experiences after visiting a different country. Makes me think of Whitley Strieber and how everyone started to see bulb headed aliens after his book came out.

lol "Bulb-headed aliens" lol. Point taken kenlee, but that comment is funny.

Maybe the DMT acts in a way to make one more receptive to ELF frequencies and the like beamed out by HAARP. And there might be a 'dmt user frequency'. I'm just hypothesizing here.
But speaking of Whitley strieber, he seems to be promoting the use of DMT indirectly by encouraging pro-hallucinogen researchers on his show. The latest has been Rick Strassman on the benefits of DMT.
More distractions. I think the intensity and surrealism of the distractions, whether new age, hallucinogenic, or technological, is in direct relation to the awakening of people on earth to the reality of the global situation. OSIT.

If you are in a dark room, don’t beat at the darkness with a stick, but rather try to turn on the light!

Taoist master, Mantak Chia of Thailand recommends sound and light isolation in a process he calls Darkroom Enlightenment. He sequesters participants in the dark for over a week to shock the pineal gland into critical arousal to stimulate production of natural DMT and break down the barriers to transcendence. The neurotransmitter 5-MeO-DMT is normally only active when we are in the womb and in the first months of our lives. It is reactivated in the darkroom

I think its pretty harsh to dismiss something that naturally occurs in our body.

buelltonsux said:
I think its pretty harsh to dismiss something that naturally occurs in our body.
There is a world of difference between the natural occurrence in the body of a substance, and ingesting it in another form.

buelltonsux said:
The neurotransmitter 5-MeO-DMT is normally only active when we are in the womb and in the first months of our lives.
Perhaps there is a very good biological reason why 5-MeO-DMT is only active in the womb and the first months of our lives? Are those persons who ingest DMT and 5-MeO-DMT seeking to regress to a childhood state? Is this where the twist lies in the promotion of DMT? The world needs responsible awake adults, not inner children playing in the sandpit. Interesting that Mantak Chia, a so-called guru, is promoting ‘Darkroom Enlightenment’ which stimulates 5-MeO-DMT.

Wikipedia said:
Erowid lists the following effects for smoked 5-MeO-DMT:[1]

Positive
* short duration
* immersive experiences
* powerful "rushing" sensation
* radical perspective shifting
* profound life-changing spiritual experiences
* some people experience erotic / sensual enhancement
* occasional euphoria
* internal visions (actual visual effects not as common)
* journey into mind

Neutral
* change in perception of time
* experience of "the void"
* lack of memory of experience
* muscle jerking, twitching, abnormal vocalizations
* unconsciousness / nonresponsiveness lasting 5-20 minutes
* dissociation

Negative
* overly-intense experiences
* hard on the lungs to smoke
* difficulty integrating experiences
* fear, terror and panic
* dysphoria (bad feelings)
* fast onset and intensity can lead to problems if not prepared (dropped pipe, knocking things over, falling & hitting head, etc)
The desire in ingesting substances is to abdicate responsibility for doing the necessary work to reach the desired state of consciousness. It presupposes an idea a priori of a state that one wants to reach. The drug induced state is not under one’s control. Unconsciousness and non-responsiveness are not desirable states, unless one wants to abdicate responsibility and self-control.

Gurdjieff said:
Your attitude towards the world and towards life is the attitude of one who has the right to demand and take. Of one who doesn't need to pay or gain. You believe that all things are due to you, only because it's you! All your blindness is there. It doesn't catch your attention. It is however what, in you, separates a world from another.
And persons with this attitude are ripe for drugs-as-spiritual-experience psy-op distraction programs. Taking a drug in order to gain a spiritual experience for free, is demanding that the universe give you something when you want it – a very immature attitude. If this attitude – gain for nothing – ‘separates a world from another’, what exactly are the DMT devotees seeing?

buelltonsux said:
If you are in a dark room, don’t beat at the darkness with a stick, but rather try to turn on the light!
hXXp://www(dot)tryptamines(dot)com/ said:
(with 6 mg [5-MeO-DMT], smoked) "I felt it in a minute -- not really light head, but the head feels close to the lower parts of the body -- close to the ground -- knees weak -- distinct shakes. I peaked at 2 or three minutes. It was quite intense, but not the max of DMT at 30 milligrams and no sensory close-out. Slight nausea on the drop-off -- I am glad I had not eaten anything.

(with 8 mg [5-MeO-DMT], smoked) "I was blown away, far away I might add, but only for 10 minutes and effects were gone by half an hour. During this episode mental activity was almost absent.

(with perhaps 10 mg [5-MeO-DMT], smoked) "Onset was gentle, perhaps over 15 minutes. I felt like all of my blood had turned to concrete. There were no noticeable visual effects, but my hearing was slightly diminished.
Doesn’t sound very much like turning the light on to me, much more like escapism. When mental activity is absent, so is rational judgement and assessment, and access to knowledge. One is open to all kinds of influences that are ready to pounce when a mind is switched off. It is very common for devotees of drugs to be impressed by experiences like ‘my blood turned to concrete’ or ‘the head feels closer to the lower parts of the body’. But these are empty chemically induced experiences, and meaningless.

buelltonsux said:
Cassiopaeans said:
Love is Light is Knowledge. Love makes no sense when common definitions are used as they are in your environment. To love you must know. And to know is to have light. And to have light is to love. And to have knowledge is to love.

buelltonsux said:
Is it also pretty harsh to dismiss programs which occur naturally in our mind? Is it harsh to dismiss hallucinations produced by our own body's chemistry? Is it harsh to want to get rid of our own chemistry induced illusions?

buelltonsux said:
Is it still harsh to ask you, buelltonsux, whether you think YOU are in the LIGHT ROOM, since you seem to consider us to be in the DARK ROOM?

Or maybe I'm also harsh to notice it's second post of yours and a second one of "I've got a pretty holy cow right here and I would like you all to meet it!" type?

buelltonsux said:
Taoist master, Mantak Chia of Thailand recommends sound and light isolation in a process he calls Darkroom Enlightenment. He sequesters participants in the dark for over a week to shock the pineal gland into critical arousal to stimulate production of natural DMT and break down the barriers to transcendence. The neurotransmitter 5-MeO-DMT is normally only active when we are in the womb and in the first months of our lives. It is reactivated in the darkroom
There's another word for Darkroom Enlightenment, it's sensory deprivation. I guess a lot of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are enlightened by it.

buelltonsux said:
Here's another thing that naturally occurs in your body. It's called your BRAIN.
Use it!

wilecoyote said:
lol "Bulb-headed aliens" lol. Point taken kenlee, but that comment is funny.

Maybe the DMT acts in a way to make one more receptive to ELF frequencies and the like beamed out by HAARP. And there might be a 'dmt user frequency'. I'm just hypothesizing here.
But speaking of Whitley strieber, he seems to be promoting the use of DMT indirectly by encouraging pro-hallucinogen researchers on his show. The latest has been Rick Strassman on the benefits of DMT.
More distractions. I think the intensity and surrealism of the distractions, whether new age, hallucinogenic, or technological, is in direct relation to the awakening of people on earth to the reality of the global situation. OSIT.
Yes. Imagine a tape of these bulb headed aliens and then imagine this tape being "looped" and broadcast into peoples minds. There is nothing unique about their experiences. There is no creativity, no uniqueness and no 'formlessness' there. It's all the same form, the same mental images, much like they were watching a TV set and they are all hypnotized on the same program with the same static images.

hoangmphung said:
buelltonsux said:
There's another word for Darkroom Enlightenment, it's sensory deprivation. I guess a lot of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are enlightened by it.
Gurdjieff referred to impressions as one of three types of "food" needed by man - the others being material nourishment (food + drink) and air. Perhaps sensory deprivation is a form of psychological starvation - with the deletorious effects upon one's mental health that have been noted by other researchers in the field, including less ethical ones such as the depraved Nazi-spawned MKULTRA experiments?

Ryan said:
Gurdjieff referred to impressions as one of three types of "food" needed by man - the others being material nourishment (food + drink) and air. Perhaps sensory deprivation is a form of psychological starvation - with the deletorious effects upon one's mental health that have been noted by other researchers in the field, including less ethical ones such as the depraved Nazi-spawned MKULTRA experiments?
Considering the above suggests that 5-MeO-DMT is produced in the womb and at the very early stages of life as ‘sensory food and impressions’ because a) the three types of food are not available in the womb to the degree necessary, and b) the organism has not yet learned to assimilate real food of the three types. As such it is vital to the growth of the organism. After the first few months of life, the baby has learnt to breathe, digest food, and is becoming more familiar with sensory impressions, and so 5-MeO-DMT is no longer needed. Perhaps, when the baby’s increasing ability to digest the three types of food reaches a certain level, this switches off the production of 5-MeO-DMT.

mada85 said:
Considering the above suggests that 5-MeO-DMT is produced in the womb and at the very early stages of life as ‘sensory food and impressions’ because a) the three types of food are not available in the womb to the degree necessary, and b) the organism has not yet learned to assimilate real food of the three types.
Googling "DMT active womb" gives me a lot of New-Age DMT enthusiast sites, but no scientific papers that back this claim. DMT is produced in the womb? Sez who?

Ryan said:
Googling "DMT active womb" gives me a lot of New-Age DMT enthusiast sites, but no scientific papers that back this claim. DMT is produced in the womb? Sez who?
You’re right.

I accepted this:

buelltonsux said:
The neurotransmitter 5-MeO-DMT is normally only active when we are in the womb and in the first months of our lives.
as fact without checking.

I’ve just spent an hour trying to find some corroboration of this idea. Mantak Chia, in a PDF file here www.universal-tao(dot)com/dark_room/DarkRoomSci.pdf quotes Rick Strassman as a reference, but then fails to list any document by Strassman that might be his source. I tracked down a PDF version of Strassman’s book, The Spirit Molecule, here exitthematrix.dod.net/books/DMT_The_Spirit_Molecule.pdf but he does not give any information about 5-MeO-DMT being secreted in the womb and early life. It appears that DMT is secreted by the foetus at forty-nine days gestation, and Strassman thinks that this when the soul enters the developing body. Interestingly, this is also when sexual differentiation happens in the womb.

A salutary lesson in checking sources and questioning everything!

Back
Top Bottom