Did any body used detox cocktail suggested in 'Detoxify or Die' book ?

Patience said:
Is both ALA and NAC necessary?
They're both good, but you don't have to get both necessarily. It depends also on the imbalances. For example, when having insulin imbalance, it helps to have ALA. If you don't have an insulin imbalance (you can check with the UltraMind quiz to guide you), you can get NAC to help you with your detox.

Psyche said:
Bo said:
I can make a cocktail with NAC + Vitamine C (ascorbic acid) + Alpha Lipoic Acid, mixing it all with water and drink the cocktail 2 times a day?

Yes, and take it with meals. NAC is a precursor for glutathione. ALA increases intracellular levels of glutathione. So you don't have to get glutathione. Recommended dose for ALA is 100mg twice per day. For NAC, usually 500mg twice a day for detox, but dose can variate depending on needs.

Ok, thanks a lot!

Just wanted to say that my NAC and ALA arrived, they are in pill forms, so i guess that's okay as well?

I just swallowed 1 NAC pill, and 1 ALA pill.

after 3 hours I will take a Ascorbic Acid (vitamine C) + rice protein mixed in water.

Somehow I feel really powerful with all these supplements :P now I only need to learn to cook healthy!

Shijing said:
in her insert in Detoxify or Die, she mentions that she has modified the amount of Lipoic acid down to 100 mg

Just a quick question, were there any other updates? My used copy didn't come with an insert.

Thanks.

l_autre_d said:
Shijing said:
in her insert in Detoxify or Die, she mentions that she has modified the amount of Lipoic acid down to 100 mg

Just a quick question, were there any other updates? My used copy didn't come with an insert.

I don't have mine handy just now, but I remember that being the only one. If I can find it, and I find out otherwise, I'll post the info here.

Shijing said:
l_autre_d said:
Shijing said:

I don't have mine handy just now, but I remember that being the only one. If I can find it, and I find out otherwise, I'll post the info here.

I believe she changed it from 300-600 mg(don't remember the exact amount) of Alpha Lipoic Acid to 100mg of R-Lipoic Acid.

Psyche , a question (or anyone who knows)

I want to add 1 other element to my cocktail mix , can you tell me if it's okay?

Coctail Mix ;

ascorbid acid (vitamin c) + Brown Rice Protein Powder + ALA + NAC + Spirulina

the new element that I would like to add is spirulina, any comments about this combination, is it okay if I use spirulina in my cocktail mix?

Bo said:
Psyche , a question (or anyone who knows)

I want to add 1 other element to my cocktail mix , can you tell me if it's okay?

Coctail Mix ;

ascorbid acid (vitamin c) + Brown Rice Protein Powder + ALA + NAC + Spirulina

the new element that I would like to add is spirulina, any comments about this combination, is it okay if I use spirulina in my cocktail mix?

I do not see any problem to use spirulina. I even think that it is included in Laura's shake.

Edited: See that post for more info

You can also get the spirulina in pill form if you find that it doesn't work well mixed in the shake. Also, if you are going to mix it in the shake, make sure you don't let the shake sit too long before drinking it. When you add the spirulina to it, you are also adding a time limit!

Heimdallr said:
You can also get the spirulina in pill form if you find that it doesn't work well mixed in the shake. Also, if you are going to mix it in the shake, make sure you don't let the shake sit too long before drinking it. When you add the spirulina to it, you are also adding a time limit!

Thanks for the tip heim! I am going to experiment with it, I really love the taste of my cocktail mix at the moment, so I will have to wait and see what changes spirulina will bring me.

I always drink my shake after like 20 to 30 seconds.

EDIT:

I didn't knew that there is a time limit, does it mean that after this time limit , the spirulina will lose it's effects ?

Heimdallr said:

What's the time limit? I have spirulina powder in my shake every morning - makes me feel good!

anart said:
Heimdallr said:

What's the time limit? I have spirulina powder in my shake every morning - makes me feel good!

Oh, it's not too fast, but after about 45 minutes it starts to get funky. It's not that it goes bad, but that it affects the flavor of the shake. At least it did with me...

Heimdallr said:
Oh, it's not too fast, but after about 45 minutes it starts to get funky. It's not that it goes bad, but that it affects the flavor of the shake. At least it did with me...

Interesting - I eat mine right away, so I'll keep on doing that!

I just want to report that so far I feel great with using this cocktail and having added spirulina it feels like I am drinking grass :P Since I am using this cocktail for a while now I noticed that I heal from cold/flu within 2/3 days now which is amazing, because in the past when I would get the flu I would be knockout for 1 or 2 weeks, feel really sick, have a bad running nose and feel miserable but now it's different.

I also had one other question, I want to add one more element to my cocktail which is Probiotics,

is this advisable or should I take the probiotics seperatly?

Back
Top Bottom