Did any body used detox cocktail suggested in 'Detoxify or Die' book ?

seek10 said:
John! said:
seek10 said:
Laura said:
seek10 said:
I checked the return policy ( quantum health quest ) that is not friendly , 15 day return policy ( instead of amazon's usual 30 day return policy) with no address to send back and customer has to pay back shipping cost for both ends and 25% storage and handling fee. I left them a message and sent a mail , but they wont be available in the weekend and I had only 2 more days to return. Again 25% storage and handling fee is outrageous, but if it is the case, better thing is sell it ebay and bear some minimum loss on the item. Any way the same item is sold in ebay and the manufacturer seems to be a Hong Kong company.

Well, if they don't make you a satisfied customer, we can all write bad reviews on amazon.
all the reviews on the amazon to this seller and this item is very Good, so I am hoping that they will make the return or exchange much easier.

How much did you pay for that? I got my PH-2B III on eBay for $338 with free shipping.
I too bought from amazon for the same price and free shipping . I called them again, it looks like their return policy is for discouraging returns rather than imposing. they said that there should be a way to operate all the zones together. they will get back to me on that.
Finally after more than half dozen times follow-up's during which ( they don't know whether it works for all zones or not )they could able to tell me whether it works for all zones are not. Yes It does work for all zones. they told me the procedure , which is not there in the manual or any where . So It does work for All the zones together.

Laura said:
Thanks, Incognito for these great excerpts!!!

My Pleasure. Hopefully it will help someone.

Styrene.

As you learn more about this one chemical whose barely noticeable fumes leak from plastic, Styrofoam, synthetic or fake rubber, fake wood and fake leather, bear in mind that it is only one of hundreds of types of chemicals that you are exposed to every single day in a normal home environment. Styrene not only out-gasses from computer cabinets and electrical wire coatings, but (synthetic) rubber, automobile dashboards, carpeting, construction materials, flooring, appliances, notebooks, office supplies and other plastic materials. But even more worrisome is the fact that it is part of the classification of environmental toxins called xenoestrogens.

Xenoestrogens include styrene in plastics, but are also found in pesticides (like DDT, atrazine, and scores more), detergents, the solvent/degreaser trichloroethylene, PCBs in industrial and auto exhaust, and more. You might think atrazine, a common weed killer used for corn, is something you would never be exposed to. But you ingest residues of it probably every day, because corn syrup is the most abundant sweetener in sodas, candies, ice cream, breads, cereals, jams, condiments, and other processed foods.

Computers outgas phthalates (plasticizers) from heated wire coatings, the cabinets and components. These alone can damage any gland, leading for example, to precocious puberty, fatigue, no sex drive, depression, exhaustion, or prostate or breast cancer. Because we can’t live without them, we’d better learn how to rev up our ability to detoxify them.

EPA studies showed that 100% human fat samples contained dioxins, one of the most potent causes of cancer known. This too, comes from a variety of sources from bleached paper products, diapers, milk cartons, herbicides in foods, auto and industrial air pollution, and much more.

Furthermore this government study (U.S. EPA 1984) showed 100% of human fat samples contained stored xylene (from gasoline, auto exhaust, paints, glues, plastics, furnishings, construction materials, carpeting, etc.). And most of us also possess another carcinogen 1,4-dichlorobenzene (from home and commercial deodorizers, moth balls, sanitizers in textiles for furnishings, bedding, clothes and many other products).

No wonder we have so much cancer. When I was in medical school 35 years ago, cancer was around the 6th-10th cause of death and illness (depending on how the data was manipulated). It was unusual to know someone with cancer and when you did, they were usually over 50 years of age. Now it is literally epidemic and no age group is exempt. It is not uncommon to see a 23-year old woman with metastatic breast cancer, a child with brain cancer or a 21-year-old man with testicular or bladder cancer. Cancer now is the second overall cause of death and illness for adults, yet for children ages 1-15, cancer actually leads the pack as the number one disease causing death (Martin).

Government and other scientific studies confirm that 95% of cancer is caused by diet and environment, mediated by cumulative free radical destruction. (Perera 1996 & 1997, Wiseman, Rundle).

From pages 97-99 & 100

The Invisible Crux, The Detoxification System

Although the detoxification system is the most underrated of all the systems taught about in medical schools, its function determines the presence or absence of disease in every other system of the body. Detoxification is clearly the primary determinant of disease. So let’s learn more about this beautifully orchestrated biochemistry which is arbitrarily divided by scientists into tow phases, phase 1 and phase II.

In phase I the detox chemistry merely moves electrons around. This shifting of electrons through a variety of choices (oxidation, reduction, hydrolysis,) prepares an anchor site for phase II. But not all results of this dance of electrons are favorable. Sometimes we create a more toxic substance, as is commonly done with chemicals that outgas from plastics, like vinyl chloride and styrene, as well as trichloroethylene, found commonly in U.S. water supplies. Yes, unfortunately the body actually creates a more potent cancer-causing chemical than the original compound. Cancer causing epoxides and DNA adducts (that trigger cancer genes) are created, especially if the system was unable to make the chemical less toxic, either because of competition or overload from other chemicals.

One important enzyme in phase I is alcohol dehydrogenase which requires a molecule of zinc to function perfectly. The next step often uses the enzyme aldehyde oxidase, which requires a molecule of the mineral molybdenum for perfect function. Right away you can see that if your diet is low in either of these minerals, you may not properly metabolize environmental chemicals in the very first step of detoxification.

Magnesium is an example of one mineral that is very important for phase 1 detoxification. And yet, the average American diet only provides about 40%, or less than half the amount that we need in a day. Furthermore, studies in the Journal of the American Medical Association (Whang) clearly showed that even though well over half of the hospitalized population is dangerously low in magnesium, over 90% doctors fail to even order a test for magnesium, much less the correct test. Unfortunately many of these people died (and continue to die) from their undiagnosed magnesium deficiencies. And when they did order a magnesium test, it was the wrong test. They ordered the less sensitive serum magnesium. Less than 1% of the body’s magnesium is in the serum. The infinitely more useful test is the RBC 9red blood cell) magnesium. Do not settle for a serum assay.
From pages 181-182-183

(There's already lots of good info on the forum about magnesium, so if anyone would like more knowledge in that area, just do a forum search)

For those interested, _nusauna.ca has collected some excerpts etc. from Detoxify or Die about the Far Infrared Sauna. You can read it here: _http://www.nusauna.ca/pdf/detoxify_or_die.pdf
16 pages.

starts with:

What is the best way to get rid of toxic chemicals including pesticides, heavy metals and hydrocarbon residues when you cannot tolerate a sauna? When a sauna makes you feel weak, sick, have a fast heart rate, faint, dizzy, panicky, headachy or just plain miserable, what is the solution? The far infrared sauna. Thanks to improved technology, the far infrared sauna is far safer and infinitely more tolerable, because it uses a heat energy that penetrates tissues, triggering mobilization of chemicals from subcutaneous fat storage, directly into the sweat. This activating penetration allows for a much lower overall temperature to be used (as I'll show you later), one that is enjoyable and not torture.

But more importantly, you haven't forced the body to bear very high temperatures (160 degrees and higher), pulling chemicals back into the bloodstream where they can duplicate original symptoms. Instead they slip out the back door, so to speak, from just under the skin storage directly into the sweat. Over weeks and months there is an equilibrium, or chemicals that are stored in other organs slowly and safely disseminate throughout the body and eventually empty into subcutaneous fat. It is the chemical load that is stored beneath the skin that is the main area activated by the far infrared sauna.
Another thing I always worried about in a conventional sauna, even for a few brief moments I could stand one, was the fact that my eyeballs burned so much. I couldn't believe that intense heat on my corneas was good for them and feared triggering cataracts. To my knowledge, no studies have ever been done on this, but this high-temperature on the eyeball and lens cannot be good for them. It's unphysiologic. Anyway, I do not get that type of eye pain in the infrared sauna, only profuse sweating. And that is just the effect you want in order to release a lifetime of toxins from the body storage.

The body gets rid of stored chemicals in stool, urine or sweat. The sweat route requires no drugs and is the most efficient and natural (man used to physically work and sweat before computers were invented). As the oldest of eight children I used to hesitate to recommend something as expensive as a home sauna. I was looking for treatments that were natural, but inexpensive and definitely not high-tech! But when you realize the lifelong incapacity and expense of diseases such as chronic pain syndromes, heart disease, chemical sensitivity, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, migraines, Alzheimer's, cancer or any others caused by chemical toxicity, a sauna is cheap. Let's face it: high tech pollution requires high tech solutions.

(I noticed Megapode has advised the same, well perhaps this could be a reminder then!)

Hello,

I plan on starting the Detox Cocktail soon and would like to know if members have purchashed it here: http://www.thepowermall.com/thecenterforhealth/healthy_bodies/cocktail.htm or if they are simply buying the ingredients separately and making it themselves?

What would be recommended?

And if you have purchased from that site, how long would you say the cocktail lasts you before you need to buy more?

Also can someone recommend a good probiotic?

Thx

Andrew said:
Hello,

I plan on starting the Detox Cocktail soon and would like to know if members have purchashed it here: http://www.thepowermall.com/thecenterforhealth/healthy_bodies/cocktail.htm or if they are simply buying the ingredients separately and making it themselves?

What would be recommended?

And if you have purchased from that site, how long would you say the cocktail lasts you before you need to buy more?

Also can someone recommend a good probiotic?

Thx

I'm considering buying the pre-prepared detox cocktail because the prospect of finding all the individual ingredients looks positively overwhelming!

As for pro-biotics, I can't recommend a particular brand, but I do know that you have two main choices -- the capsules or the powder. Apparently, according to Sherry Rogers, capsules are better for those people who have hyperacidity, because they prevent the probiotics from being destroyed on the way through the gut etc. And powder is better for people who don't have the necessary enzymes to disintegrate the capsule casing. And if you have both hyperacidity and a lack of enzymes, I suggest taking stuff to reduce acidity, such as whey powder or horsetail.

Andrew said:
I plan on starting the Detox Cocktail soon and would like to know if members have purchased it here: http://www.thepowermall.com/thecenterforhealth/healthy_bodies/cocktail.htm or if they are simply buying the ingredients separately and making it themselves?

fwiw, initially I did purchase the complete detox cocktail from thepowermall site just to get started. After some comparison shopping, I found that while the detox cocktail was certainly quick and painless, the cost outweighed the convenience. If you buy the necessary items separately, it is considerably less expensive.

You might also consider the site that Rogers recommends in the material that ships with her book: http://www.happybodies.com/

I took a look at the Powermall site just now and I can't tell what the quantities are that they are selling, but the cocktail sold at the above site looks cheaper. I went shopping a few weeks ago and put all the ingredients together myself from separate sources, but it was still pretty expensive for the amount that I got, compared to the amount of the cocktail advertised at Happybodies -- I am going to try to order one 30-day batch, and see how it compares.

Also, in her insert in Detoxify or Die, she mentions that she has modified the amount of Lipoic acid down to 100 mg, but I see the Powermall site still has it at 300-600 mg. FWIW

shijing said:
You might also consider the site that Rogers recommends in the material that ships with her book: http://www.happybodies.com/

I took a look at the Powermall site just now and I can't tell what the quantities are that they are selling, but the cocktail sold at the above site looks cheaper. I went shopping a few weeks ago and put all the ingredients together myself from separate sources, but it was still pretty expensive for the amount that I got, compared to the amount of the cocktail advertised at Happybodies -- I am going to try to order one 30-day batch, and see how it compares.

Also, in her insert in Detoxify or Die, she mentions that she has modified the amount of Lipoic acid down to 100 mg, but I see the Powermall site still has it at 300-600 mg. FWIW

Hey everyone thanks for your assistance.

Shijing I never got any material with the book so I'm glad you showed me the happybodies website. The detox cocktail on their site does look considerably less compared to the powermall site and most places that I've gone to to get the ingredients separately are pretty expensive as well.

I think I'm going to give this product a try and see how it fairs out.

After my run today I've been wondering about the differences between exercise and use of a sauna when it comes to detoxification, because I like to exercise and have no easy access to a sauna at the moment. I found this (from http://www.healthyheatsaunas.com/detoxificationhtm)

"How does sweating during exercise compare?
Exercise is needed for your health for many reasons, of course. When you sweat with exercise, you may achieve some of the benefits of detox. But exercise activates the "sympathetic nervous system", a part of the autonomic nervous system. Activation of the sympathetic nervous system is your body's natural response to a "fight or flight" situation. To prioritize the body's energy resources for the muscles of movement, digestion and elimination processes are slowed down. However, when you are relaxed, the "parasympathetic nervous system" is activated instead. This mode means "rest and digest". The organs of elimination are prioritized. When you are in a sauna, in contrast to exercise, the parasympathetic nervous system is activated. Researchers believe that sweating in a sauna is more useful for detoxification than sweating from exercise because the body is ready and able to support all of its detox processes."

Although this is not referenced in any way (and comes from a website which sells saunas!) it is interesting considering the activation of the vagus nerve during the breathing program. Other sites suggest exercise is essential for detox because of the sweating but it's all a bit vague. I'm thinking of ordering 'detoxify or die', just wondering if anyone has any information about the effectiveness of exercise for this purpose.

Hey guys I have a question regarding the Detox Coctail,

In the book it is written : Page 50

- 400-800 mg of gluthathione, in my favourite form as recancostat

Now I have looked up the recancostat and it's very expensive($107.50), I can't afford that much for it,

so my question is , is it OKAY? if I just buy Gluthathione as presented here; http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Glutathione-500-mg-60-Vcaps/12678?at=0 instead of the recancostat version,

Bo said:

Now I have looked up the recancostat and it's very expensive($107.50), I can't afford that much for it,

so my question is , is it OKAY? if I just buy Gluthathione as presented here; http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Glutathione-500-mg-60-Vcaps/12678?at=0 instead of the recancostat version,

I would say now, with a lot of experience, and Psyche can chime in here too, that taking NAC and not worrying about the glutathione will do the trick. Also, doing coffeen enemas fairly regularly activates the liver.

Laura said:
Bo said:

I would say now, with a lot of experience, and Psyche can chime in here too, that taking NAC and not worrying about the glutathione will do the trick. Also, doing coffeen enemas fairly regularly activates the liver.

So just to get this clear 110%,

I can make a cocktail with NAC + Vitamine C (ascorbic acid) + Alpha Lipoic Acid , mixing it all with water and drink the cocktail 2 times a day?

Bo said:
I can make a cocktail with NAC + Vitamine C (ascorbic acid) + Alpha Lipoic Acid, mixing it all with water and drink the cocktail 2 times a day?

Yes, and take it with meals. NAC is a precursor for glutathione. ALA increases intracellular levels of glutathione. So you don't have to get glutathione. Recommended dose for ALA is 100mg twice per day. For NAC, usually 500mg twice a day for detox, but dose can variate depending on needs.

Back
Top Bottom