Did any body used detox cocktail suggested in 'Detoxify or Die' book ?

I don't see any reason to not add the probiotics to the shake. I've done it before myself. In fact, I've often added everything to the shake I needed for that day with the exception of those things that really have a nasty taste and need to be encapsulated just to get it down! One of these is butyric acid. You do NOT want to open those capsules and put it in your shake!

I have only started using the detox cocktail this year. However I have had to decrease the quantities from TBSP to Tsp and even then I can only drink it on mornings when I don't have to leave the house for afew hours.

It just goes straight through me, over and over. But it does make me feel better afterward.

So I think it's working well - maybe too well ??

The sauna blanket has yet to get me to break a significant sweat but I will keep trying. It does make me sleepy though, so I prefer to use it when someone is at home to make sure I don't fall asleep as I use it for 45-60 min.

I have noticed much less pain in my back and less heart palpitations.

stellar said:
I have only started using the detox cocktail this year. However I have had to decrease the quantities from TBSP to Tsp and even then I can only drink it on mornings when I don't have to leave the house for afew hours.

It just goes straight through me, over and over. But it does make me feel better afterward.

You can try cutting out flax oil for the time being (as it can have a laxative effect), and reduce your dose of vitamin C right down. I add (on average) between 500mg and 1g of vitamin C to my morning shake....it seems to be ok for me, you will probably need to experiment with that.
At the moment I'm adding 3g of vitamin C powder as I have signs of a cold coming (I went to 2g, then 4g the next day, today I'm on 3g as yesterday things where a little loose). I have a little 3g scoop that I use to work out roughly the quantity of all the different powders I'm adding to the shake.
Its best to use your guts (and if they get rid of things too quickly) as a guide when it comes to vitamin C....too much causes a laxative effect.
Oral magnesium can also have the same effect if taken in too high a dose (I take about 500mg in the shake and use magnesium oil sprayed on my skin to get the maximum amount possible into my system).
Once the shakes stopped having a laxative effect, try adding back the flax oil as its good stuff. 1tsp of flax oil should cause no bother, I do it by eye now and add about 2tsp. :)

Laura said:
I don't see any reason to not add the probiotics to the shake. I've done it before myself. In fact, I've often added everything to the shake I needed for that day with the exception of those things that really have a nasty taste and need to be encapsulated just to get it down! One of these is butyric acid. You do NOT want to open those capsules and put it in your shake!

Thanks!

RedFox said:
stellar said:

You can try cutting out flax oil for the time being (as it can have a laxative effect), and reduce your dose of vitamin C right down. I add (on average) between 500mg and 1g of vitamin C to my morning shake....it seems to be ok for me, you will probably need to experiment with that.
At the moment I'm adding 3g of vitamin C powder as I have signs of a cold coming (I went to 2g, then 4g the next day, today I'm on 3g as yesterday things where a little loose). I have a little 3g scoop that I use to work out roughly the quantity of all the different powders I'm adding to the shake.
Its best to use your guts (and if they get rid of things too quickly) as a guide when it comes to vitamin C....too much causes a laxative effect.
Oral magnesium can also have the same effect if taken in too high a dose (I take about 500mg in the shake and use magnesium oil sprayed on my skin to get the maximum amount possible into my system).
Once the shakes stopped having a laxative effect, try adding back the flax oil as its good stuff. 1tsp of flax oil should cause no bother, I do it by eye now and add about 2tsp. :)
I might try and cut out one thing at a time only, so that I can see which ingredient is having such a strong effect on me. I cannot remember the last time I had a cold, at least five years, so I might start with the vitamin C. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom