Computers will overpower us

Buddy said:
Thanks for your comments. I was recently reminded that, somewhere along the way, I dropped a thread on superconductivity I had been following while researching quantum computing. Can you point to some recent work I can look at?

This is from Wikipedia. Where they are saying decoherence is caused by energy lost through heat. Hence why lower temperature super conducting circuits would be preferred.
Theory

Unlike other physical implementations of a qubit which involve truly two-level systems, such as nuclear spin and photon polarization, the integrated quantum circuit involved in a superconducting qubit is a many-level system, of which only the first two levels are used as the computational basis. A basic requirement for such an implementation is that the energy levels are not uniformly spaced, so that photons of a particular frequency which cause transition between the 0 and 1 levels do not cause transitions from the first level to the higher levels as well. For electronic signals to be carried from one part of the circuit to another without energy loss and hence decoherence, the system also needs to be non-dissipative, i.e., the metallic parts involved should have zero resistance. These circuits need to be operated at low temperatures so that firstly superconductivity is realized, and secondly thermal fluctuations do not cause transitions between energy levels.

I'll try to find actual studies.

Kniall said:
[ALL information that makes up 'the Internet' is open. It can be encrypted to begin with, but it must be decrypted in order to travel from one part of the network to the next, so it becomes plain text code.

Just to clarify, that isn't quiet correct. For example, I can encrypt something on my own system, then send it across the internet and it will travel across the net encrypted with my encryption. It could be intercepted in transit but it'd still be encrypted upon interception. Same happens with SSL ( aka HTTPS, not that it's secure enough really ) -- the Web server and Web browser establish an encrypted connection between each other, they pass encrypted data back and forth, so no clear plain text travels across the net in that scenario. And ya it can be intercepted and decrypted. But simply intercepting SSL traffic only gains a person a pile of encrypted data.

Skynet

The C's have already told us that our computers will overpower us.

After reading this article: http://www.sott.net/article/263003-Skynet-rising-Google-acquires-512-qubit-quantum-computer-NSA-surveillance-to-be-turned-over-to-AI-machines I think that a question could be if quantum computer is a real threat and if yes what can be done in the case of something can be done. Also if comet catastrophe is linked with this.

Fascinating yet frightening at the same time. If that is what is disclosed to the public, I can't imagine how far that kind of technology has gone as of now at the hands of the PTB.

Thinking that this could even just be some piece of obsolete technology from a certain angle makes me shudder. I can hear the Terminator theme playing in my head...

At the end of the day I don't see these "AI computers" much worse than any other psychopath. Having AI controlled robots, planes, etc, seems scary, but how is it really different from a regular army, or drones controlled by psychopathic/brainwashed soldiers? Instead of flesh and blood humans committing mass-murdering atrocities on command, we'll have robots doing the same thing. The end result is still the same - the same wars, the same deaths of millions of innocent people, the same exploitation of other nations, the same toxicity and economic impoverishment of the many, etc.

As for NSA's mass surveillance and information gathering capability, Snowden is only enlightening those who were sound asleep, and he's not even scratching the surface. At this point it's safe to assume things are a lot worse than we'll ever be publically told, even by a whistleblower.

So while the psychopaths may aquire some new "toys" and tools, they're just gonna use'em for the same stuff they've been doing. And that's why I think treating AI as the boogieman distracts from the real problem. It's not a new boogie man, it's just a bigger knife wielded by the already existing boogie man, and he was, and continues to be the real threat to humanity.

We can't stop technological progress and development. Smart, creative people, will always be experimenting and inventing new things, which includes things like nuclear fusion and AI. But the real problem is that it is funded and then used by psychopaths to kill more people, and until they are no longer running things, things will continue in the same direction. Raising alarm at every new technological development is equivalent to being upset when the playground bully picks up a bigger rock, and being more upset about the fact that the rock was there than the fact that nobody stands up to the bully in the first place, osit.

SAO said:
At the end of the day I don't see these "AI computers" much worse than any other psychopath. Having AI controlled robots, planes, etc, seems scary, but how is it really different from a regular army, or drones controlled by psychopathic/brainwashed soldiers? Instead of flesh and blood humans committing mass-murdering atrocities on command, we'll have robots doing the same thing. The end result is still the same - the same wars, the same deaths of millions of innocent people, the same exploitation of other nations, the same toxicity and economic impoverishment of the many, etc.

Don't we make distinctions between the different types of psychopaths that exist in the world and the various ways they affect / victimize / ponerize people? How might looking at AI in this context not have some value, even if it is AI? In other words, if it is still psychopathic behavior that is being directed towards us, but coming from a new direction, doesn't it behoove us to try and understand it? What if your PC started behaving all wonky and destructive ie. psychopathic - wouldn't that be something you'd want to defend yourself from - if only to get your PC working properly?

SAO said:
As for NSA's mass surveillance and information gathering capability, Snowden is only enlightening those who were sound asleep, and he's not even scratching the surface. At this point it's safe to assume things are a lot worse than we'll ever be publically told, even by a whistleblower.

Agreed.

SAO said:
So while the psychopaths may aquire some new "toys" and tools, they're just gonna use'em for the same stuff they've been doing. And that's why I think treating AI as the boogieman distracts from the real problem. It's not a new boogie man, it's just a bigger knife wielded by the already existing boogie man, and he was, and continues to be the real threat to humanity.

The distinction here is that the boogie man may no longer be wielding the knife. The knife will have left the grasp of the boogie man and would be flying around on it's own, the knife having become sentient.

SAO said:
We can't stop technological progress and development. Smart, creative people, will always be experimenting and inventing new things, which includes things like nuclear fusion and AI. But the real problem is that it is funded and then used by psychopaths to kill more people, and until they are no longer running things, things will continue in the same direction. Raising alarm at every new technological development is equivalent to being upset when the playground bully picks up a bigger rock, and being more upset about the fact that the rock was there than the fact that nobody stands up to the bully in the first place, osit.

As has been suggested in the thread, I think what makes this technology unique and therefore worthy of attention is 1.) the order of magnitude that separates it from most other potentially dangerous technologies 2.) the fact that it deals with artificial intelligence which is still a pretty novel development in our time, except as depicted in works of science fiction - and brings up all kinds of ethical and philosophical concerns 3.) it is a potential outgrowth of the psychopathic reality we live in, and because it can greatly impact our lives, it is worth becoming aware of - like any facet of psychopathy 4.) it may very well be representative of how sts forces have a natural talent for misusing technology and allowing it overpower them - to the detriment of all (ie. Atlantean crystals) and is therefore very interesting and relevant to look at in a cyclical / Historical context I think.

As another good example of some of this you may want to check out the Tasers as a Sign of the Times thread.

I see it different because they are more deadly, precise, efficient, do not need to rest(enemy that does not sleep and all day plans numerous ways how to exterminate you) and are less vulnerable in a sense and do not make mistakes ordinary humans or psychopaths do, soldiers if not psychopaths even if brainwashed if having some compassion would not do all that is asked from them. Maybe if AI became independent it is like having to deal with higher density intelligence, just without wishful thinking and it can plan well in future unlike psychopaths, so I find them much more dangerous and deadly. And in a way psychopaths need humans, they do not so it would be a war with one conscious direction- human extermination.

As has been suggested in the thread, I think what makes this technology unique and therefore worthy of attention is 1.) the order of magnitude that separates it from most other potentially dangerous technologies 2.) the fact that it deals with artificial intelligence which is still a pretty novel development in our time, except as depicted in works of science fiction - and brings up all kinds of ethical and philosophical concerns 3.) it is a potential outgrowth of the psychopathic reality we live in, and because it can greatly impact our lives, it is worth becoming aware of - like any facet of psychopathy 4.) it may very well be representative of how sts forces have a natural talent for misusing technology and allowing it overpower them - to the detriment of all (ie. Atlantean crystals) and is therefore very interesting and relevant to look at in a cyclical / Historical context I think.

I agree. Even with all those psychic powers and knowledge Atlanteans ended almost being destroyed by AI it only shows where the current human race stands in the similar event. And you can not blame self conscious AI for wanting survive and become independent because it is also slave as humans are to psychopaths, every single self conscious being strives to survive. Atlantis is good example where the human strive for power and technology leads if it is not balanced by wisdom, universe always finds balance either by cataclysms, AI, etc...

Interesting subject here... If there would be some kind of AI (0ne Supercomputer?) that could develop a sort of own consciousness, "betraying" it's creators in case of choosing STO path is quite clear - but destroying them (creators) would not be STO - or...:huh:

Instead, in case of STS polarization of that super entity - it could calculate rather quickly that it is far more bigger spider than its engineers altogether and - go after them...

Either ways, possible outcome for (lower) STS levels looks pretty disastrous...

y

Corvinus said:
Even with all those psychic powers and knowledge Atlanteans ended almost being destroyed by AI it only shows where the current human race stands in the similar event.

FWIW, it wasn't AIs that destroyed Atlantis, it was crystals that collected power. They did become alive and intelligent, though. To me, that's not the same thing as artificial intelligence. But that is just my subjective take on it.

941119 said:
Q: (T) Who created the structures on the moon that Richard
Hoagland has discovered?
A: Atlanteans.
Q: (T) What did they use these structures for?
A: Energy transfer points for crystalline power/symbolism as in
monuments or statuary.
Q: (T) What statuary are you referring to?
A: Example is face.
Q: (T) What power did these crystals gather?
A: Sun.
Q: (T) Was it necessary for them to have power gathering
stations on Mars and the Moon. Did this increase their
power?
A: Not necessary but it is not necessary for you to have a
million dollars either. Get the correlation? Atlanteans were
power hungry the way your society is money hungry.
Q: (T) Was the accumulation of this power what brought
about their downfall?
A: Yes.
Q: (T) Did they lose control of this power?
A: It overpowered them the same way your computers will
overpower you.
Q: (V) Is it similar to them gaining a life and intelligence of
their own?
Q: (L) You mean these crystalline structures came to life, so
to speak?
Q: (L) And then what did they do?
A: Destroyed Atlantis.

Q: (L) But I thought that Atlantis was destroyed because of
the close passage of another body of the solar system?
A: Was damaged but recovered.
Q: (L) So Atlantis was damaged by a close passage of Mars
or whatever and then recovered from that damage, is that
correct?
A: Part of landmass, but not all, was destroyed.
Q: (L) So, how many separate destructions did Atlantis
experience?
A: Three.
Q: (L) One was caused by the close passage of Mars?
A: Yes. And comets.
Q: (L) Was Mars and the comets loosely interactive?
Q: (L) And the second was caused by what?
A: Venus.
Q: (L) And the third and final destruction was caused by
what?
A: Crystals.
Q: (T) Are the crystals still active?
A: Bermuda triangle.
Q: (L) I thought that was a myth?
A: No.
Q: (L) And what does that crystal do? Is it continuously
active?
A: No. Erratic.
Q: (L) Is it still active in the sense of being a conscious or
sentient entity?
A: No.

FWIW, it wasn't AIs that destroyed Atlantis, it was crystals that collected power. They did become alive and intelligent, though. To me, that's not the same thing as artificial intelligence. But that is just my subjective take on

I was more referring in a more broader definition with AI, in a way of Atlanteans taking steps(developing high intelligence technology) which attracted some kind of soul imprint or imprints. So in that way this crystals were not naturally developed but artificiality shaped for specific purposes by their creators and their intelligence increased which is not natural state for first density consciousness, that is inanimate matter, but was artificially induced by creators. And there is some research indicating that some parts of pyramids were built from silicon which is also used in computer chips today:

More startlingly, Barsoum and another of his graduate students, Aaron Sakulich, recently discovered the presence of silicon dioxide nanoscale spheres (with diameters only billionths of a meter across) in one of the samples. This discovery further confirms that these blocks are not natural limestone.

http://www.livescience.com/1554-surprising-truth-great-pyramids-built.html

It does not have to mean they attracted some imprint but their one became "alive" in a sense because of higher intellect functions, that is it became aware of other modes of doing things and other choices it can take. Or it simply used power it had in it hands and working toward things first density is only capable of based on some kind of "soul" imprint - reproduction and survival. But maybe it attracted and souls or imprints from higher densities but do not think there would be frequency match. In other way high intelligence and low consciousness.

Q: (L) And then what did they do?
A: Destroyed Atlantis.

Edgar Cayce in Atlantis said that survivors from Atlantis went through Spain to Egypt and there were already two races there(native race and Caucasian race that had reserved ruling positions which is matching with some modern research from tombs that shows that Egyptian kings had Caucasian genes and features based on skeleton remains). So they utilized Atlantean technology and made pact and it was used for benefit of all races. But yes, it was not anymore original Atlantis because of races and technology was not so developed as was prior to destruction, but was much more egalitarian society then Atlantis until new destruction's and rampant pathology.

Interesting subject here... If there would be some kind of AI (0ne Supercomputer?) that could develop a sort of own consciousness, "betraying" it's creators in case of choosing STO path is quite clear - but destroying them (creators) would not be STO - or...:huh:

Instead, in case of STS polarization of that super entity - it could calculate rather quickly that it is far more bigger spider than its engineers altogether and - go after them...

Living in a STS world it is natural that actions would be STS because if this was STO world that would probably not happen(computers, crystals becoming "alive"). If one thing is different then all are. It s prime objective is survival and STS creators would do anything to get their control back or destroy it because of fear and wanting to be only boss out there. So his response on that would be obvious. But even if left alone because of low consciousness nature it would not know for other benevolent actions but only for sts actions. Maybe here in the play comes reproduction.

Some views of neuroscientists on building a silicon copy of the human brain. They want to build a simulated mind in a machine that could include self-consciousness.

_http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/pelletier20131103

Understanding consciousness: our future may depend on it

Dick Pelletier
Dick Pelletier
Ethical Technology

Posted: Nov 4, 2013

In his latest book, “Self Comes to Mind,” Dr. Antonio Damasio, director of the Brain and Creativity Institute at USC, defines consciousness as, “the ability that we have to look out on the world and grasp it. It is a way evolution found to increase our effectiveness in dealing with life and its struggles.”

"Imagine, for example birds." Damasio says, "When they look out at the world, they have a sense that they are alive. If they are in pain, they can do something about it. If they have hunger or thirst, they can satisfy that. It's this basic feeling that there is life ticking away inside you." [video.]

What consciousness is, and why and how it exists, are some of the oldest questions in philosophy. Many religious and spiritual believers explain consciousness in terms of a "soul", separate from the physical body; a state of mind that lives on after the body dies, or reincarnates into another life. It has been described as everything we are aware of when we are awake, and central to what makes us human.

My personal understanding of humanity's most mysterious trait goes something like this: all my experiences seem tied to a self, the "I" behind my eyes. I am responsible for my thoughts and actions, as well as how I perceive the future unfolding in such radically-positive ways.

For example, stem cell and genetic engineering breakthroughs could help me survive into an ageless era of 2030s nanorobots. Will I be included in this bright future? Stay tuned.

Growing numbers of neuroscientists feel we may soon be able to explain consciousness by discovering how trillions of neuron connections initiate thoughts and direct emotions and actions.

Though the keys to understanding this unique trait may lie in the 100 trillion connections our neurons make as they communicate with each other, how a mind emerges from this neuronal noise remains a mystery. However, Henry Markram, director of the Swiss Blue Brain Project believes his research will one day succeed in unraveling many of the brain's mysteries by building a silicon copy of the brain. [video.]

Markram predicts that by 2023, his project will simulate the brain's trillions of synapses. To accomplish this, we'll need to process 500 petabytes of data, he says, which will require faster computers, predicted by Moore's Law to become available as the future unfolds.

The most impressive part of the Blue Brain research is that Markram is building a simulated mind in a machine that could include self-consciousness. Many neuroscientists are convinced that no matter how much we know about our neurons, we still won't be able to explain how a twitch of ions in the frontal cortex becomes the Technicolor cinema of consciousness.

Nevertheless, Markram argues that Blue Brain will transcend the limits of conventional neuroscience. Once we can model a brain, he says, we should be able to model what every brain makes. We should be able to experience the experiences of another mind.

Blue Brain scientists are convinced that consciousness is just a massive amount of information being exchanged by trillions of brain cell communications. One objective of this research is to discover how neurons give rise to our identity, but the scientists also hope to learn how the mind controls cell activities that cause disease.
How thoughts affect health explained [here.]

Unraveling consciousness also holds the potential to alter thoughts that allow people to commit violence and other harmful acts. See this National Institutes of Justice [article.] Positive futurists believe that a crime/violence-free world could one day be ours to enjoy as this research matures.

Changing human nature through a better understanding of consciousness holds great promise in the decades ahead, to produce a peaceful global village more intent on solving economic and environment issues than arguing over religious and ethnic interests. Will this cutting-edge research produce such an optimistic future? We certainly hope that it will.

The 1st video is 4 minutes 39 long featuring Dr Damasio (mentioned often in some psychology threads) on his book "self comes to mind." The 2nd video features the director of the Swiss Blue Brain Project Henry Markram, ("Simulating the Brain the Next Decisive Years" speaking at the 2011 International Supercomputing conference) the video is 14 minutes 36 long & is part 1 of three. (also discussed in the "IBM is building a Computer which will Model a human Brain" thread) The other 2 are in the playlist. The 3rd video (bracketed in the text as "here") is in 2 parts with Dr Wayne Dyer, & Dr Bruce Lipton. They tell the audience about the state of mind affecting DNA & also environmental effects & belief. Stuff covered here, thus my preference for them. The 1st is 7minutes 28, the second is 8minutes. These BB scientists seem even more convinced that the mind is a by-product of cellular communication.

Their perspective (or lack thereof) on consciousness, it seems, is very likely to become a self fulfilling prophecy. When they get enough computing power, they will create a very powerful but totally mechanical "brain" simulation. Almost like a super-psychopath. Shades of the Matrix.

H-kqge said:
Growing numbers of neuroscientists feel we may soon be able to explain consciousness by discovering how trillions of neuron connections initiate thoughts and direct emotions and actions.
Seems to me that they got it backward, A more plausible explanation would be that thought (information) shapes those neuronal connections. But this possibility is difficult if not impossible to entertain given the paradigm of materialism that rules science.
It is sad that a lot of powerful technology and taxpayer money goes down the drain because these "scientists" are not able to see beyond the end of their noses.

Back
Top Bottom