Bridgend, South Wales - High Strangeness

17th young person to take own life from same area in 13 months!!!!!

PepperFritz said:
Keit said:
Amazing how police dismiss any possibility that those deaths are linked.
Do you (or does anyone else) have any theories on how the deaths may be "linked"?
Well, for starters, victims' relatives or friends insist on connection between those people. And also insist that they knew each other personally and not over the internet - idea that is being pushed by the media. Here are several quotes for example:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/149479-Father-of-Bridgend-suicide-teenager-says-death-was-linked
Mr Claypole went on: "I don't believe they arranged it or that it was a copycat thing. I don't believe in a suicide cult or anything weird on the internet. But they were all connected because they knew each other and were very upset by the deaths.
She said: "Jenna had met him but her death had nothing to do with his. I don't believe there is an internet connection either - Jenna was hardly ever on the internet. She was going out and meeting people."
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/158756-Bridgend-UK-Tributes-paid-to-the-20th-person-found-hanged
It is believed that Neil, who lived above the village's Odd Fellows pub, may have had contact with some of Bridgend's apparent suicide victims.

One resident in the area, who did not want to be named said: "I know he was very good friends with the lad who died in April."
So we have the police that denies any connection despite clear declaration that they did know each other, and Internet angle introduced by the media. So as far as the Internet issue, there is another set of weird murder disguised as suicides - the Smiley Face murders:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/154792-Country-wide-plot-to-kill-college-men-revealed-The-level-of-evil-we-are-dealing-with-here-is-rampant-it-s-deep-and-it-s-widespread-
University of Minnesota college student Chris Jenkins was found in the Mississippi River in February of 2003.

Minneapolis Police began investigating the case, which also caught the attention of two retired NYPD detectives.

Turns out, Jenkins' death was the missing part of the puzzle for Kevin Gannon and Anthony Duarte.

They think Jenkins connects dozens of other deaths around the country over the last decade. The stories are the same all over the country--an athletic, intelligent, well-liked college student goes missing.

Family and friends launch a massive search. Weeks or months later, the young man is discovered drowned. In more than 40 cases, the deaths are blamed on a drunken accident--except for one.
People say that this whole story is used to link those murders to some psycho gang that is communicating through the Internet (while the article doesn't mention it at all). And that it will justify installing various control mechanisms or filters on the on-line content. Well, this is the same speculative talk media has been doing over Bridgend suicides. But what if it is only one angle or a welcomed byproduct of the plan? Maybe there is something else going on, and that's why neither US nor UK police don't give (or not allowed to give) it much attention or linking the suicides/murders?

And this something else can be anything. It can be some sort of microwave experiment as Sean53 noted (at least in Bridgend suicides). Or some other similar (programming?) experiment aimed to target the young people in this area. Considering the sick stuff that is being uncovered like the Jersey House of Horrors, maybe those suicides are not exactly suicides. But those are just speculations.

http_://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/south-wales-news/bridgend-maesteg/2008/01/31/boffin-s-wave-claim-after-suicide-spate-91466-20414722/

MOBILE phones and wireless internet could be behind Bridgend’s growing suicide rate, according to a microwave expert.

Barrie Trower said he is “99 per cent sure” Bridgend’s 13 suspected suicides are a result of waves from mobile phones, wi-fi and pagers.

Mr Trower, a scientific adviser to the Radiation Research Trust, said he is convinced the deaths are related to an illness caused by the waves after investigating five suicide “clusters” across the UK and Ireland.

He is contacting Bridgend Local Health Board and Bridgend County Borough Council to ask them to discuss the issue with him.

Mr Trower is willing to visit Bridgend to speak about the problem.

“I am 99 per cent sure,” said Mr Trower, who contributed to the BBC Panorama programme WiFi: A Warning Signal. “I think I can link them all together and I think it’s a viable reason to look into. We know the suicide rates are rising. The increase in suicides does match the speed of low level microwaves. It’s happening in every country in the world, not just Bridgend.”

Mr Trower has been researching the effects of microwaves since the 1960s and addressed the Welsh Assembly on the issue two years ago.

He has investigated links between 182 suicides and electrosensitivity, a condition thought to affect three per cent of the population.

Last year, he wrote the Trower Report for the Police Federation, in which he said waves from the new police radio system could create “anxiety leading to suicide”.

According to his research, the symptoms of electrosensitivity include depression, lack of concentration, personality changes and suicidal tendencies.

He says young people are particularly susceptible as their immune system is not wholly developed.

“It’s the young who get it first,” he said. “The younger you are, your skull is thinner than an adult’s so the waves can go through and your immune system is not fully developed. The suicide rate is leaping up all over the place and it happens to cluster in areas.”

A spokesman for Bridgend LHB said: “The local health board has not had any formal discussions with Barrie Trower concerning his research into microwave sensitivity. Therefore, we are unable to comment on the research and its findings at this time.”

A BCBC spokesman said: “Mr Trower is welcome to write to the Bridgend Local Services Board to express his concerns on this national matter.”
Trower seems to mention only standard, well-known sources of microwave radiation. either he doesn't want to speak loudly about other possible sources, or his credibility is questionable. if devices of daily use like cellphones and laptops can cause suicide waves, then why does it happen in Bridgend rather than in more "technicized" places?

lostinself said:
Trower seems to mention only standard, well-known sources of microwave radiation. either he doesn't want to speak loudly about other possible sources, or his credibility is questionable. if devices of daily use like cellphones and laptops can cause suicide waves, then why does it happen in Bridgend rather than in more "technicized" places?
Perhaps, and if the microwave influence somehow involved in those murders, the key is what is being broadcasted by the towers. In this case there is this article and the comment below.
http://www.sott.net/articles/show/156021-Dumbing-and-Numbing-Down-Mind-Control-by-Cell-Phone

It still doesn't explain why this particular group (that knew each other) is being targeted.

Some more news here on the effects of the nearby cellphone towers and how they may be responsibel or at least contributing to the high levels of depression amongs the suicide victims. There seems to be a mounting body of evidence from multiple studies of phones masts and cell phone usage that point towards our mobile tracking devices being a lot more dangerous than their creators and benefactors want us to know.

This also shows how "Knowing yourself" and doing the work to know yourself, can be invaluable protection against outside infuences form these types of microwave, radiowave, ELF, ULF and other types of frequency waves broadcast around us. If you know yourself enough, you can tell when your being manipulated or when thoughts and emotions are coming from any of the minor I's or programmes that aren't the real I or real you. Like the C's said, "Knowledge protects, ignorance endangers".

_http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/49330/Suicides-linked-to-phone-masts

THE spate of deaths among young people in Britain’s suicide capital could be linked to radio waves from dozens of mobile phone transmitter masts near the victims’ homes.

Dr Roger Coghill, who sits on a Government advisory committee on mobile radiation, has discovered that all 22 youngsters who have killed themselves in Bridgend, South Wales, over the past 18 months lived far closer than average to a mast.

He has examined worldwide studies linking proximity of masts to depression. Dr Coghill’s work is likely to trigger alarm and lead to closer scrutiny of the safety of masts, which are frequently sited on public buildings such as schools and hospitals.

It is also likely to fuel more campaigns against placing masts close to public places on health grounds.

Dr Coghill said last night there was strong circumstantial evidence that the masts may have triggered depression in those from Bridgend who took their lives.

They include Kelly Stephenson, 20, who hanged herself from a shower rail in February this year while on holiday in Folkestone, Kent.

Dr Coghill said: “There is a body of research that has over the years pointed to the fact that exposure to mobile radiation can lead to depression. There is evidence of higher suicide rates where people live near any electrical equipment that gives off radio or electrical waves.”

There are now 70 million mobile phone handsets in the UK and around 50,000 masts. Both emit radio signals and electromagnetic fields that can penetrate the brain, and for many years campaigners have argued that this could seriously damage people’s health.

The national average for proximity to a mobile phone transmitter varies depending on the type of mast. The latest masts are far more powerful so they can transmit more sophisticated data, such as photos and videos for people to download on internet phones.

Masts are placed on average 800 metres away from each home across the country. In Bridgend the victims lived on average only 356 metres away.

The national average distance from a new powerful mast is a kilometre while in Bridgend it is 540 metres. Three transmitters were within 200 metres, 13 within 400 metres and as many as 22 within 500 metres of victims’ homes. Carwyn Jones, 28, who hanged himself last week, was the third young person in his street to commit suicide.

Research shows young people’s brains are more susceptible to radio wave energy. Only two weeks ago a report identified mobiles as having an effect on sleep patterns.

Dr Coghill added: “What seems to be happening is that the electrical energy is having an effect on the chemistry of the brain, depleting serotonin levels. We know that in depression serotonin levels are low and that a standard treatment for depression is to give drugs to boost serotonin levels. As they begin to work, the patient’s depression lifts.”

He said urgent research was needed because Britain was now covered with thousands of masts, many close to homes, schools and offices.

Since January 5, 2007, there have been 22 deaths of young people in the Bridgend area. Some believe the suicides are linked but so far experts have failed to find a common cause.

Thomas Davies, 20, hanged himself in February 2007. Last night his brother Nathan, 19, welcomed Dr Coghill’s research. “As far as this family is concerned nothing can bring Tom back,” he said. “But if there is a link found and something can be done then it could prevent further suicides.”

But Mike Dolan, executive director of the Mobile Operators Association, dismissed Dr Coghill’s research. “This is an insensitive and outrageous piece of speculation which has no basis in established science,” he said.

The Government’s Health Protection Agency insisted that fields from mobile masts – even modern powerful masts – were well within international agreed safety limits. “There is no evidence that masts do you harm. The levels of radio waves are very low.”

Re: 17th young person to take own life from same area in 13 months!!!!!

Another suicide in Bridgend (number 23). And again Police denies any link between suicides, and media goes with a 'suicide epidemic' explanation and victims' relations online.

https://www.sott.net/articles/show/163751-UK-Bridgend-hanging-is-23rd-suicide-in-area-in-20-months
A young man has been found hanged in Bridgend - the 23rd tragedy in the town in 20 months.

Rhys Davies, 23, lived in the same part of the town as three of the recent victims - all young men aged between 19 and 28.

Part-time DJ Rhys committed suicide just days before he was due to fly out to Benidorm with friends for a holiday.

He lived in Bettws, just streets away from the 21st suicide victim Neil Owen - who was also due to go on holiday just before he died.

Neil's sister Nicola Owen left a tribute on Rhys's social networking site Facebook.

She said: "Rhys why!!!! I'm so gutted that another good one has gone I just cant take it in. You are going to be missed so much. You were a cracking boy and no one would have a bad word to say about you.

"Miss you already babe. I'll never forget you. R.I.P Rhys and keep smiling."

Mr Davies was also a Facebook "friend" with the former girlfriend of Carwyn Jones, of Bettws, the 22nd young victim to die. But police yesterday(mon) maintained the string of apparent suicides, all by hanging, are not linked.

Mr Davies's last message on Facebook before he died said: "Rhys is go 2 rip up benidorm on the 14th! Ye baby!"

More than 40 of his friends in the South Wales town left RIP messages on the website - with at least one saying they were left feeling suicidal by his death.

That message said: "I'm hurting Rhys ... I want to kill myself."

Others paid tribute to Rhys's fun-loving nature, his outgoing personality and his kindness, running errands for elderly people in the town.

Close friend Nick Cahill said: "I can't get over it Rhys. Whatever the problem was it would have gone in time. I wish it was a dream and I'll wake up and you're still here.

"It was a pleasure to know such a kind and helpful person like you - I will never forget you butt. If you only knew how much you were loved by everyone I'm sure you wouldn't have done this."

Mr Davies was a regular at the Oddfellows Arms in Bettws, Bridgend, the pub used by the three other victims from the village.

Sean Rees, 19, Neil Owen, 26, and Carwyn Jones, 28, all lived in the same street in the town.

Sainsbury's shopworker Mr Rees was found hanged in a lane in Bridgend in April.

Mr Owen was found hanged at an industrial estate in Bettws in May - also just before he was due to go away on holiday.

Young dad Mr Jones - Sean's best friend - was found hanging from a tree on the eve of Neil's funeral.

South Wales Police have maintained those deaths were not linked - and said they do not believe there is a connection with Rhys's death.

A spokeswoman said: "We can confirm the sudden death of a 23-year-old man from the Bettws area of Bridgend. Police were called to the address in the Bettws area at around 11.54am on Saturday, August 9, 2008.

"There are no suspicious circumstances and an investigation is being carried out on behalf of the coroner. The death is not believed to be linked to any other recent sudden deaths in the area.

"We would appeal to the media to report this tragic incident sensitively to minimise the impact on family, friends and other vulnerable persons."

An anti-suicide task force involving health and education officials has been set up in Bridgend in a bid to tackle the "cluster" of young deaths.

Officials figures show there were three young suicides in 2005 and three in 2006.

But in 2007 there were 11 and there have been 12 so far this year.

Keit said:
Another suicide in Bridgend (number 23). And again Police denies any link between suicides, and media goes with a 'suicide epidemic' explanation and victims' relations online.

https://www.sott.net/articles/show/163751-UK-Bridgend-hanging-is-23rd-suicide-in-area-in-20-months

Lost for words on this. Does any one know how many suicides where at the deceased persons home and how many where in places other than home.

A collection of dates is also of importance maybe.

Stunned!

I was recently in Wales, and tried to bring up the conversation with some locals there. All of them pointed out the ridiculousness of police saying that there is no link, being that Bridgend is not such a big town, everyone basicaly knows everyone, and the victims are close in age. No matter how you look at it, they are linked through various social and geographical "conditions", plus they all (or most?) commited suicide by hanging, no?

A woman said that she believes that the police are "on to something", and use the "no link" argument so that they can continue the investigation without giving clues out there. I said that this implies that they think that there is a person or group behind all the suicides. Though the locals try not to think of it, because it scares them a lot, they do have the possibility in the back of their minds that there might be a serial killer behind everything, or that they are somehow "driven" suicides. But they talk in whispers about this possibility.

None of the people i spoke with are from the Bridgend's area.

Wild speculation warning: I have been thinking on "mind control" lately. Maybe, the term "mind control" is misleading. The average person has such little control over their thoughts and such an abundance of different "voices" that inserting thoughts or controlling the minutiae of the internal dialogue of any particular person would be a major feat. However, many people's thoughts seem to be reactions to their emotional and physical state. Thus, an organization with enough resources could research electronic and/or chemical ways to induce certain archetypal emotional/physical (e.g., anger, sexual stimulation, grief, chronic pain, etc.) sensations and also research ways to categorize personalities into a few types that cover a large majority of "average" humans. Then with enough statistical information, this organization could know to a certain degree how a particular person is likely to react when a certain emotional/physical state is induced in him or her given that they have been able to accurately place that particular person in one of the personality categories.

Supposing there is some external inducing of this suicide wave, the purpose could be as ruthless as simply gathering more data for use in controlling targeted individuals in the future. Why would such an experiment be run in a smaller city rather than in a very large city where the increase in suicides might not register so clearly? Part of psychologically profiling a person may be involved with the environ they choose to live in. Or in the spirit of multi-tasking, a message is being sent. It creeps me out to speculate like this, but there it is.

Patience said:
The average person has such little control over their thoughts and such an abundance of different "voices" that inserting thoughts or controlling the minutiae of the internal dialogue of any particular person would be a major feat. However, many people's thoughts seem to be reactions to their emotional and physical state.
But where do those "voices" come from? It's not their own voices. Also I think people are "taught" how to react to those emotional/physical states too - the "solutions" are presented to them by the media so it's the first thing that comes to their mind when they wonder about what to do. Don't want people reacting to emotions in the "wrong" way. The artificial debates on the media actually take the place of people's non-existant inner dialogue I think. It's so effective that most people actually believe that it's their own thoughts and ideas. Very often when I overhear political discussions between random people it's verbatim regurgitation of exactly what mainstream media just said, and regurgitation of the "solutions" the media presented. No thinking whatsoever.

Patience said:
It creeps me out to speculate like this, but there it is.
I think it's safe to say that anybody designing and using mind-control technology is as ruthless and evil as you can get. So actually the most psychopathic and self-serving and ruthless things you can possibly come up with are more likely to be true than anything you come up with under the influence of the thought that "they can't be THAT ruthless/evil". But I get that too, when I try to put myself in the shoes of a psychopath to try to understand the cold reasoning behind the various activities/events, it's just an uncomfortable thing to do and the mind does resist it, as it is creepy and "wrong" on so many levels. But unfortunately it is necessary if we are to truly understand what we're dealing with.

SAO said:
"they can't be THAT ruthless/evil". But I get that too, when I try to put myself in the shoes of a psychopath to try to understand the cold reasoning behind the various activities/events, it's just an uncomfortable thing to do and the mind does resist it, as it is creepy and "wrong" on so many levels. But unfortunately it is necessary if we are to truly understand what we're dealing with.

yeah, this reaction/blockage/denial seems to be a big part of why the psychos are so successful, and is why it is so very important to 'get' it. it hurts the brain to think about it but as we've seen, yes, they CAN be that ruthless. effortlessly.

Just got this through my Googley UFO alert thingy , more of those darned chinese lanterns. This one mentions Bridgeend and so I thought would place it here as a note , as im listening out for all things Bridgend at present.

All the story can be found here

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2008/08/17/are-they-here-91466-21546597/

She was enjoying a drink in the garden of her detached home in Pencoed, near Bridgend, having just finished dinner when she noticed the illuminations approaching from half a mile away at 10.37pm.

Mrs Usher said the objects were at 100ft in the south-west sky and flew over the high-speed Bridgend to Cardiff railway line.

They cruised above the fields backing onto her property before vanishing near pylons alongside the A473 dual carriageway, which leads to Junction 35 of the M4.

Woman found dead in 'suicide county'

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20081111/tuk-woman-found-dead-in-suicide-county-dba1618.html

Woman found dead in 'suicide county'

Another young person has been found dead in a South Wales county blighted by suicide victims, police have said.

3890317536-woman-found-dead-suicide-county.jpg

The 25-year-old's body was discovered at her house in Bridgend on Monday morning.

A spokesman for South Wales Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious.

The woman is the 24th young person in or from the county believed to have killed themselves in less than two years.

The police spokesman said while there were similarities between recent sudden deaths in the county, there was no criminal link.

"In the event of a sudden death, we will investigate the circumstances surrounding the incident, our primary aim being to determine whether or not the death is suspicious," said the spokesman.

"There are clearly similarities between recent sudden deaths in Bridgend, but South Wales Police can confirm that our investigations have by no means uncovered any criminal evidence that links them."

Bridgend councillor Mervyn Lewis said: "I know that the council are working with police to try and find a way to try and help any youngsters that feel pressured and depressed about their lives."

"It seems that in this area it affects people under 30 and nobody knows why."

Mr Lewis added: "There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why this is happening."

The story below is not about a suicide but most likely a muder but I thought I'd keep tabs on events like this from Bridend county. (fwiw)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2009/06/26/man-held-after-death-of-girlfriend-91466-23984729/

Porthcawl is a small seaside town within the county ( I used to go on holidays there as a kid in the '60s). I just wonder what the all these events maybe having on the collective psyche of the local community. ( Which I suspect is still a fairly closely knit one typical of such small Welsh towns and villages).

Back
Top Bottom