Ice Age Preparation ?

Yes, but that's my point... the Chinese Dynastic cycle shows that good societies lead to corruption. Caesar wanted better and most sane/non-psychopathic people are not looking for power or wealth. So, it seems that the system is stacked against those who are honest/fair/truthful and stacked for those who seek power. As a comedian said: Those who want to be president should be exlcuded from being allowed to be!

What says "this time" will be any different than in the past? Am I any smarter/better than the past people who tried and tried? Deep down, that is why I changed from a hopeful guy into a "realist". Even in the book Learned Optimism, we learn that the optimistic mindset tends to think they have the power of control even when they don't. It's a delusion in itself that is rewarded in 3d "good times", but in the bad times, a more realistic/honest analysis tends to survive. For some reason, this realist/pessimist ME still exists now, but I still don't feel like I am much of use in this society that rather believe in lies like global warming or infinite growth (the economy- including the idiotic things Trump claims that will help the working class- which DOES NOT).

You are sort of missing the point: the point is to do what is right and decent and good and positive with no hope of recompense. That is, after all, pretty much the definition of STO.

You are sort of missing the point: the point is to do what is right and decent and good and positive with no hope of recompense. That is, after all, pretty much the definition of STO.
Some of that recompense includes survival. Another thing that deep down I feel anger against the PTB. I would gladly die to stop a piece of crap scumbag from doing something bad than to survive. But somehow what Frankl did, to change his idea of what is just in order to survive during torture, is something honorable. No, I don't get that. Like you mentioned a while back, the people who were in the ghettos were told to be quiet and survive instead of fight against the nazis. In your past life, you jumped down and died for your love. Where does survival matter over how you FEEL? It doesn't. We do what drives us. My point is that if survival comes up to this twisted idea of "My family and I survive" "you lose", without a solution, that would severely piss me off. Have any of you been in situations where you don't see that either side is right? What is the point to having to choose? And that rolls off to this bullcrap about Trump today.... the only thing that gives people hope is that somehow this outsider/insider is going to change things. Never mind that he cut corporate taxes which in HISTORY has been shown to just justify monopoly domination. I'm not blaming him for the situation that the US is in now, but he has NOT fixed the problem, however he has fooled many (including some of sott.net) into thinking that this system is losing power.
NO. I'm sick of it, and despite knowing I have no recompsense- I know I will be criticized for this, I have to say that none of this false hope in Trump is changing anything. In fact, I see him as a diversion justified by the SJW nonsense in order to continue this neocon/neolib bullcrap.

Recompense - Even Caesar wanted to do what he did because it might have resulted in a better world. Where do we not expect recompsense? Or is that your point: that everything we do seeks a reward?

The only way I see someone doing "good" without recompense on their mind would be someone who is lobotomized and does not have a clue of cause and effect. Anyone who has done something for good has done it for a reason. Why else would you do it?

Why did you publish The Wave and many other great books, but to help change things? Had you had no recompense, you would publish them for what, "fun" or "fiction"?

I still don't get it, and yes, it pisses me off.

Just wanted to throw in here that, historically, most ice ages have been brought on by preceding major events like cometary impacts or massive volcanoes (or both, plus floods and earthquakes). So I'm wondering if having "plans for an ice age" is kind of putting the cart before the horse.

Last edited:
Recompense - Even Caesar wanted to do what he did because it might have resulted in a better world. Where do we not expect recompsense? Or is that your point: that everything we do seeks a reward?

The only way I see someone doing "good" without recompense on their mind would be someone who is lobotomized and does not have a clue of cause and effect. Anyone who has done something for good has done it for a reason. Why else would you do it?

Why did you publish The Wave and many other great books, but to help change things? Had you had no recompense, you would publish them for what, "fun" or "fiction"?

Have you never done something on the basis of it simply being the right thing to do, without necessarily thinking of recompense? If you haven't, can you conceive that it is possible to that?

Obviously you do things to make the world a better place, but you can't become too attached or invested in the results. That's self important. You're not here to fix everything that's wrong with the world. You're not even here to fix everything that is wrong with your community, family, and friends. But you CAN try and make everything around you better to the best of your ability, and keep a creative and virtuous attitude. That's the one of the few things things in life you totally control: your attitude, which also includes your faith and your gratitude.

I think this is one of the lessons of 3D: recognizing our limitations and ability to fix everything we see wrong in the world. It can frustrate you, but that's still your cross to carry, and doesn't alleviate you of any of your responsibility to the few things in life you CAN improve and change.

As far I know she wrote them to share information and nothing more, if, such had been as a help to others (incluiding me, for example), good ... is in my thinking that she had been recompensated through lessons, and sometimes, ain't had been nice, because she did not done/do it to feel good, either "fun" or "fiction" does not even get near, you should know more ... fwiw ...

Hi, all. I don't contribute much here, but do a whole lot of reading on this forum. I wanted to jump in on this one because I have been following/studying this climate weirding since 2006. That's when I first started to run into AGW Theory. At first glance I figured it was a concerted effort to clean up the environment, but couldn't figure out why, out of all of the pollutants we put into the environment, they chose CO2 . . . the one that to me seemed as the most innocuous of the soup. Oh, well. We had our bogey man, so onward and upward. It wasn't long before the hypocrisy of the environmental bunch started to point to a different conclusion. Anyway, in retrospect I am of the opinion that it was the precursor to the polarization we see today.
It sure seems like there's bug changes afoot. From my understanding, we are heading into a cold time, but to ask what the plans are is like putting the horse before the cart. I find it hard to plan for something that hasn't happened yet. Having said that, I do have a 45 day supply of dehydrated soup in a pouch for three people. I've gardening and fishing since I was a kid, that's something. I can build a house, as well as a fire. In any case, for me seeing that change is in the air is an impetus to prepare as well as I can, so that I can minimize the anxiety for when the S really hits the fan. Only then can a proper plan be formulated . . . maybe.
The bottom line to all of this has nothing to do with current planning, or even prepping. From my understanding of what these mini ice ages are like and, more importantly what a large bolide collision could look like, none of that matters. We may find ourselves in situations where instinct rules the day. Some will exhibit predator instincts, while others will hopefully have STO instincts. It is only in truly stressful situations that we really expose who we are. People have done some seriously heroic stuff in these situations, while others act like cowards or scoundrels. None of us can predict with any degree of certainty where we fall on the STO scale, much less the people around us.
This is why the idea of planning is probably too lofty of a goal, but be aware of the nearest exit and have some dry soup mixes, for heaven's sake and take a gardening course. Find a community garden to practice. You never know how many you might have to feed.
A quick note about the gun thing. I have been struggling with regards to getting a gun. Then I pictured what the roving band of hoodlums who just killed me would do to my wife and son. Morality issue solved.

Following this exciting discussion I realized that we're actually seeing some sort of a psychological clash between optimists and pessimists.

To the pessimist optimists seem to be somewhat out of touch with reality. They don't seem to realize what a cruel and unpredictable world we live in.
They must be deluding themselves, because everything that can go wrong eventually will...

By thinking about what might go wrong the pessimist tries to protect him/herself against when things do go wrong.
The pessimist creates a protective buffer against disappointment and defeat.

Among optimists the conversation would all be about fantastic plans for the future and how things can only get better. Meanwhile the pessimists are having what might seem to the optimists like a depressing discussion. Far from working out how to make their dreams come true, they’re worrying about all the things that might go wrong.

To the optimists, the pessimists always seem to pour cold water on any exciting plans, which unnerves them.
The optimist reacts to unpredictability by choosing to think optimistically because it helps motivate him/her to try and try again.

For what it's worth...

A quick note about the gun thing. I have been struggling with regards to getting a gun. Then I pictured what the roving band of hoodlums who just killed me would do to my wife and son. Morality issue solved.

The problem with guns is that you can't count on yourself to always be sane. We've all had nights where emotion runs high, we haven't slept enough and the pressure is on. -And the next day you thank the heavens you weren't armed!

And if you are sane, and you use a gun, then by default you're using it to kill or seriously injure somebody. That's a tremendous Karma hit, which means the experience is going to come back around looking to balance the budget. If you've finally managed to get off the violence-go-round, then you shouldn't have to worry too much about roving gangs of TV villains.

Tune your senses; in times of high danger/crisis, there's always a non-linear alternative. Like when you just "know" suddenly to duck, or to get off the bus or to cross the street, or to Whoop! outloud at an unexpected moment -any one of which changes everything... That's "sorcery" to most people, but to those who Work at this stuff, it's just a natural consequence of soul refinement.

Guns for 'self defense' are dark and dirty implements, they're low vibration, they're cheating. That's not just my opinion. The C's recommend against them.

It's your choice, though. The arguments for arming yourself make a lot of sense to those for whom they make sense. If guns are included in your lesson plan, then they probably need to be there.

That's a tremendous Karma hit, which means the experience is going to come back around looking to balance the budget.

I don't think Karma is that basic.Killing in self defense is vastly different from killing for pleasure or because you're robbing others.Also you should read about people's experiences during modern civil wars.You'll find out just how realistic villains and roving gangs can be.

Do you meditate? 10 minutes per day, in a quiet room. Try it.
Also plunging his head into the cold water of a sink, for example, and holding his breath for longer and longer had helped me
a lot to "catch my breath" and understand that between inhalation and exhalation, there is something unknown with me... in the depths of my sink, and as long as we keep breathing, we can face it, even if we don't particularly want it, we still breathe.

I don't think Karma is that basic.Killing in self defense is vastly different from killing for pleasure or because you're robbing others.Also you should read about people's experiences during modern civil wars.You'll find out just how realistic villains and roving gangs can be.

Sounds like you should get a gun.

We'll compare notes on the other side. ;-D

Back
Top Bottom