Ice Age Preparation ?

To know to commit and when to kill as a probable necessity may be our greatest 3D lesson and test yet to come - and to each become mini-Caesars to help recover the Earth those staying behind.

Yes, we might have to kill to stop a psychopath lead mob from horrible acts.

However, at what point do we keep killing just to survive? I'm reminded of the movie "The Road" where supplies are thin because of the bad conditions.
When only so many people can survive, I feel like it will squeeze us beyond the point of stopping bad people and lead to competing with other normal people just for the sake of surviving. If the conditions are that bad, I don't really FEEL like surviving at that point.

Of course, things may not be that dire, but it might help to consider the extreme situation in order to set limits, to draw the line to where survival may end up being a drive for itself (and not for actual help or growth).

Even Caesar walked into an ambush that he knew was going to happen, just like JFK supposedly. What would cause them to stop trying to survive? I think a clue lies in the Caesar session, where he saw the limits of what he could help with, and where he could not help with:
Caesar: A: I was wrong to think I could change the masses by example. Humans are fickle and self-centered for the most part. Thus, if you wish to really effect changes, it can only be done by early education, and even then it is fragile and will not last. In the end you must be true to your own nature and fear nothing. If you do that you may make a difference after you are gone.

When only so many people can survive, I feel like it will squeeze us beyond the point of stopping bad people and lead to competing with other normal people just for the sake of surviving. If the conditions are that bad, I don't really FEEL like surviving at that point.

Of course, things may not be that dire, but it might help to consider the extreme situation in order to set limits, to draw the line to where survival may end up being a drive for itself (and not for actual help or growth).
That is 'then' / whenever, this is now.

In the meantime, clearing out / deleting any "scarcity mentality" within is a good way to start rewiring receivership capability better toward abundance and ease situations.

https://www.facebook.com/forrestlynne/posts/10218316179562162 said:
Shed first your scarcity mentality...and soon thereafter poverty itself will fade from your life.
("Time delays" notwithstanding.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2330181503878827 said:
the way you were raised and the people you've been surrounded with almost undoubtedly imparted on you this toxic, scarcity "average person" mindset

Also: Somewhere on the forum it was once said that not taking care of oneself, keeping oneself alive etc. was the STS thing to do, because doing such is both a lack of self-respect for one's own life, a form of giving up / giving in to the real STS'ers, etc. And the same for lying—not all lying being STS, but STO when it comes to lying to Nazis that are looking to find and kill one's family. Etc.

In contemplating the storms ahead we can imagine all kinds of scenarios. I watched the whole BBC Survivors series and started to go through a kind of doomsday list of 3D catastrophe situations presented in the episodes. I bought a generator for the house, did some canning, put my hard drives in a broken microwave to protect them from EMPs, thought about how many guns might be useful, wondered if our forum would be able to stay in touch and on and on...

The Cs said as long as we realize the nature of the movies we watch they can be useful. They actually say they inspired The Wizard of Oz movie.

Session 28 December 1996:
Q: (L) If the Nephilim are coming 36 million strong as enforcers for the Lizzies, does the Confederation have a like amount for defense?

A: We don't operate that way.

Q: (L) Are we just going to have to fight them off ourselves?

A: Think of The Wizard of Oz. It was inspired by us.

Q: (L) Does the witch represent the Lizzies?

A: Yes.

While some movies and music seem useful they can also be negative if we don't at least see that they are negative.

Session 9 April 2011:
A: We have more in mind. Take care with interacting with negative energies.

Q: (L) Well that’s kinda like creating your own reality, isn’t it?

A: Not what we mean… Keep your guard up and do not allow negative energies to slip by… such as believing lies… listening to negative music while thinking it is positive…watching negative movies and thinking it is negligible. It is extremely important to not lie to the self. One can listen or watch many things as long as the truth of the orientation is known, acknowledged, and understood. Clear?

Going through these storms we are going to make mistakes but if we learn from them that is a good thing I think.

Q: (L) Well, I would like to have some direction to be able to weather such storms. It is certainly too good a group for such an exaggeration of emotion to be allowed to destroy it!

A: Knowledge protects.

Q: (L) Am I making any mistakes in managing the problem? Am I supposed to manage it?

A: Of course!! If you were not making mistakes, now that would be a problem!

Q: (L) I don't know what that means. As long as I am making mistakes, I'm okay?

A: Unless you would like to transit quickly to a higher density unilaterally!

Q: (L) What does that mean? I guess, if you don't make mistakes, you have stopped learning...

A: Because you have finished your lessons... "Time to move on."

Of course one way out is to "transit quickly to a higher density unilaterally". They don't say which higher density but probably either 4D or 5D I would think. This is preferably "Because you have finished your lessons".

Speaking of the higher densities I found this session to give some food for thought:

Session 28 December 1996:

Q: (V) Has 4th density earth been in existence as long as 3rd density earth?

A: Not correct concept.

Q: (V) Does 4th density earth exist?

Q: (V) And there are human beings...

A: All exists always.

Q: (L) Where is the 4th density earth, aside from being in 4th density?

A: Another realm.

Q: (L) Are there 4th density US existing NOW on this 4th density earth?

A: Yes. Us.

Q: (V) When you are on 4th density and look at the Sun, do you see the same thing we see here? When you look at the Moon, do you have the same visual experience?

A: No. Awareness is broader.

Q: (L) Well, what would you see when looking at the Sun?

A: Entire visual spectrum.

Q: (L) You mean we would be able to see all the things that we can now only see with instruments? Like the corona, the solar wind, et cetera?

A: The entire sphere from all possible angles of realization?

Q: (L) Would we be able to HEAR the Sun?

A: If chosen.

Q: (L) What does the Sun sound like?

A: Not answerable.

Q: (L) Do planets and Suns talk to each other? Are they angels and archangels?

A: Laura, let us not go over the "deep end." [laughter] Boys are all snails and puppy dog tails... Girls are really sugar and spice, and everything nice...

Q: (L) So, you are making fun of me!

A: Sure, why not?

Q: (L) Well, are there such things as archangels?

A: Maybe.

Q: (L) Well, if there are such things as archangels, how would we perceive them?

A: Too complex.

Q: Okay, do different individuals have connections to different archangels? (V) Yes, are our souls born from different archangel realms?

A: No. The soul was never created. Was/Is/Always will be.

Q: (V) Well, I can't grasp that... I mean, creation... (L) There is no creation, All just IS. (F) Well, there are cycles. (V) Well, where does the substance come from. (L) Doesn't come from anywhere. Just thoughts in the mind of God. I mean, what else does God have to do for eternity but dream? We are the dream. (V) Can you comment on my struggle to understand this?

A: What is the struggle? It will come. Okay, folds, for now, Good Night.

End of Session

Also we are told "It is the soul that counts". I know it doesn't eliminate the lessons or the suffering that may be required for the lessons but at least it gives a hint of where we might be headed in the future. As Ripley or Paul Harvey might say "Believe it or not".

Highly interesting turn of discussion...

I'd propose splitting these latest posts from the Ice Age thread, creating another named perhaps "Self-defense and more".

So much to ponder, so much to say.

As far as I am concerned, being middle aged and not experienced in battle I am probably a hopeless case in life-threatening altercations.

I have never been the kind of guy who's been visiting places where you could get into a brawl.
While on my way walking or driving through shady areas (and not only then) I am usually asking for protection (probably by my higher self). So I'm not your typical post-civilizational kind of warrior.

While having managed to stay out of trouble for so long, I am fully aware that should the situation turn for the worse I will have to carry with me some appliances, like pepper spray or an electrical stun gun, should a discussion turn awry. :rolleyes:

Highly interesting turn of discussion...

I'd propose splitting these latest posts from the Ice Age thread, creating another named perhaps "Self-defense and more".

So much to ponder, so much to say.

As far as I am concerned, being middle aged and not experienced in battle I am probably a hopeless case in life-threatening altercations.

I have never been the kind of guy who's been visiting places where you could get into a brawl.
While on my way walking or driving through shady areas (and not only then) I am usually asking for protection (probably by my higher self). So I'm not your typical post-civilizational kind of warrior.

While having managed to stay out of trouble for so long, I am fully aware that should the situation turn for the worse I will have to carry with me some appliances, like pepper spray or an electrical stun gun, should a discussion turn awry. :rolleyes:
After scaring myself reading some of the comments before yours, I must say you brought a smile to my face. I like the fighting spirit of the MIDDLE EARTH people.-Not too timid -not too bold. Don't know if an electric gun will work at that point, but the pepper makes me feel present and alert.

I think it would be very helpful for everyone to read "A Cold Welcome" which cites actual eye-witness accounts of the Little Ice Age in the Americas from Canada down to South America. If you have some real idea of what you may be facing, and why (lot of discussion of how and why weather does things in certain places), you are much better prepared to prepare!
That would be interesting to read, more understandable than scientific terms, found this:
https://www.pnas.org/content/104/41/16200 said:
Tracing the effects of the Little Ice Age in the tropical lowlands of eastern Mesoamerica

Abstract
The causes of late-Holocene centennial to millennial scale climatic variability and the impact that such variability had on tropical ecosystems are still poorly understood. Here, we present a high-resolution, multiproxy record from lowland eastern Mesoamerica, studied to reconstruct climate and vegetation history during the last 2,000 years, in particular to evaluate the response of tropical vegetation to the cooling event of the Little Ice Age (LIA). Our data provide evidence that the densest tropical forest cover and the deepest lake of the last two millennia were coeval with the LIA, with two deep lake phases that follow the Spörer and Maunder minima in solar activity. The high tropical pollen accumulation rates limit LIA's winter cooling to a maximum of 2°C. Tropical vegetation expansion during the LIA is best explained by a reduction in the extent of the dry season as a consequence of increased meridional flow leading to higher winter precipitation. These results highlight the importance of seasonal responses to climatic variability, a factor that could be of relevance when evaluating the impact of recent climate change.

The Little Ice Age (LIA) (1350–1850 A.D.) has been identified as one of the most important climatic oscillations of the late Holocene and the last of several centennial to millennial scale Holocene cooling events centered over the North Atlantic (14). Low-latitude cooling during the LIA is evident from tropical glacier advances (5, 6), and reduced sea-surface temperatures in the Caribbean (79). Dry LIA conditions in the Caribbean are relatively well documented and explained by a change in the position of the Intertropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) (10, 11), but little is known about the impact that this climatic event had on the lowland tropical ecosystems of the Americas. Lago Verde, near the coast of the Gulf of Mexico (Fig. 1), is a highly sensitive record of recent climate change (12, 13) where the response of the tropical vegetation and the lake system to the LIA cooling can be clearly traced, without any significant human impact. Multiproxy data from this lake show that in this tropical region the LIA is recorded by the deepest lake level and the densest forest cover of the last two millennia. In this article, we present arguments evaluating the role of solar forcing as an important element explaining climatic variability in the tropics and the North Atlantic region. We also discuss the role of regional moisture balance as a condition for the expression of regional precipitation trends, and, finally, we present an argument about the importance that changes in the seasonality of precipitation can have over the Gulf of Mexico coastal region, mitigating the dry LIA trend recorded in some areas of the Caribbean.

Location map showing the study area in the context of eastern Mesoamerica and the Caribbean.
inline-graphic-1.gif
Lago Verde (18° 36′ 46″N; 95° 20′ 52″W) and ② Pompal (18), both located in the Sierra de Los Tuxtlas. ③ Aguada X′caamal (10) and ④ Punta Laguna (21) located on opposite extremes of the Yucatan peninsula, along an east-west moisture gradient. ⑤ The sites off the coast of Puerto Rico where LIA colder conditions have been recorded in the Caribbean (79). ⑥ The location of Cariaco Basin (11). ⑦ Dashed line shows the summer location of the ITCZ, and arrows show the summer distribution of trade wind flow.

Study Site
This study is based mainly on pollen, charcoal particles, and diatom analyses on the sediment record from Lago Verde, a small, closed-basin lake at 200 m above sea level, on the outskirts of the Sierra de Los Tuxtlas (Fig. 1). Los Tuxtlas is a volcanic field on the Gulf of Mexico's coast where orographic uplifting results in the presence of some of the wettest climates in Mesoamerica. Topography also affects the vegetation distribution in the region, with tropical evergreen rainforest in the lowlands, <700 m above sea level, and mesophytic upland forests at the higher altitudes (14, 15). The climatic controls are similar to those in the Caribbean, with a summer rainfall season associated with the northerly shift of the ITCZ and an increased moisture supply from the trade winds, and with late summer and early autumn precipitation related with tropical storms and hurricanes. Orographic uplifting of polar air outbreaks produces winter precipitation (≈10% of a total annual mean of ≈2,500 mm) along with a temperature reduction of ≈10°C (16).

Results

The region of Los Tuxtlas was an important cultural center within Mesoamerica, with a demographic maximum during the early and middle Classic (200–750 A.D.) and abandonment of urban areas during the late Classic (750–900 A.D.) (17). This pattern of occupation is evident in the Lago Verde record. Low arboreal pollen accumulation rates (PARs) and high PARs of disturbance taxa, Zea mays and charcoal particles, during the Classic period (Fig. 2) exhibit the agricultural occupation of the basin. Agricultural abandonment by ≈800 A.D. is recorded as a steep reduction in charcoal fragments and disturbance taxa and the absence of maize pollen. Between ≈800 and 1920 A.D., human presence around this lake was minimal (Fig. 2). A similar pattern is observed at Lake Pompal, located further south in the Sierra de Los Tuxtlas (Fig. 1) (18), which also indicates the lack of significant human presence in the region during the LIA that could obscure the effects of climatic variability. Two tephra layers within the LIA age interval indicate volcanic impacts; the older one dates to the late 15th century (≈1450), and the younger one represents the 1664 eruption of the nearby San Martín volcano (12), which is coincident with low PARs of all taxa (Fig. 2).
An increase in arboreal taxa is recorded around the time of agricultural abandonment indicating, as in Pompal (18), forest regeneration between 650 and 800 A.D.. However, at Lago Verde, the largest increase in accumulation rates of arboreal taxa, including the evergreen tropical forest (TF), secondary TF (STF), and mesophytic upland forest (UF), in association with a change in sedimentary facies (13), occurs 600 years after agricultural abandonment, between 1400 and 1850 (Fig. 2), during the LIA. The diatom assemblage shows a marked increase in the percentages of planktonic taxa with respect to the previous intervals (Fig. 2). This increase indicates deeper LIA lake level, with two main deep water episodes ≈1500–1550 and 1650–1700. A deeper LIA lake is also supported by the magnetic mineralogy data from this core, which records anoxic conditions leading to magnetite dissolution (13).

Discussion

Historical and geological records suggest that the LIA was not a continuously cold interval, but that it showed high temporal variability; for example, in some of the Greenland ice cores (19) and in the low-latitude North Atlantic (eastern North Atlantic and Bermuda Rise) (4, 20) the LIA shows a pattern with two main cooling events. This pattern is also present at Lago Verde, evident from the two deep water episodes (≈1500–1550 and 1650–1700), which correlate with an expansion of the UF taxa, particularly Pinus (Fig. 3), and together reflect two maximum cooling phases that follow the Spörer and Maunder minima in solar activity (Fig. 3). In the Caribbean the record from Punta Laguna (21), northeast Yucatan, also shows a signal that follows solar activity, with higher moisture during solar minima (6) (Fig. 3). The intermediate interval between both solar minima (Spörer and Maunder), during the late 16th century, is characterized at Lago Verde and Punta Laguna by a slight reduction in available moisture (Fig. 3). At Lago Verde the best representation of the TF occurs during the relatively higher solar output and likely warmer conditions between both solar minima (Fig. 3). This relatively warm episode in the late 16th century is recorded as one of the most important droughts during the last 500 years in northwest Mexico (ref. 22 and references therein), a region where currently arid climates are dominant, and as a time of historical deadly epidemics in central Mexico (23, 24). The data from Lago Verde strongly suggest that during the LIA lake levels and vegetation at Los Tuxtlas were responding to solar forcing and provide further evidence that solar activity is an important element controlling decadal to centennial scale climatic variability in the tropics (6) and in general over the North Atlantic region (2, 19).

The high arboreal taxa (TF, STF, and UF) PARs between 1350 and 1800 at Lago Verde suggest that during the LIA the region had higher moisture availability and a shorter or nonexistent dry season, given that moisture availability is an important limiting factor for evergreen tropical vegetation (25). Considering that present winter temperatures range close to 20°C, we infer a maximum winter cooling of 2°C, as winter temperatures <18°C constrain the development of TFs (25). This temperature estimate is in agreement with data from the low-latitude North Atlantic where sea surface temperature decrease estimates range between −1°C and −3°C in records from the Caribbean (79), the Bermuda Raise (20), and the eastern North Atlantic off the coasts of Africa (4). Some of these studies show a smaller temperature decrease for winter than for summer (8), which is relevant in this case, as winter temperatures are more important than summer temperatures as a limiting factor for tropical vegetation.

However, why did Los Tuxtlas have a relatively wet climate during the LIA if some sites in the Caribbean were drier? A dry LIA signal is recorded at Aguada X'caamal, northwest Yucatan, from high δ18O values from ostracodes and gasteropods and the presence of the foraminifer Amonia becarii, which show an increase in salinity linked to increased aridity between 1450 and 1900 (10) (Fig. 3). In the Cariaco Basin (off the coast of Venezuela) (Fig. 1) an important decrease in the Ti content of laminated marine sediments is interpreted as lower rainfall and reduced runoff to this basin between 1500 and 1800 (11). Dry tropical conditions at northwest Yucatan and the Cariaco Basin have been related to a southward displacement of the ITCZ (10, 11) and hence reduced trade wind moisture supply to the Caribbean during the summer. The region of Los Tuxtlas should be sensitive to any reduction in the moisture supply by the trade winds, as they are the main moisture source for the summer rainfall season characteristic of this region. Nevertheless, wetter LIA conditions are recorded in Lago Verde and to a lesser extent also in Punta Laguna, located at the opposite end of the Yucatan peninsula from Aguada X'caamal (Fig. 3). At Punta Laguna (note limited dating control) the δ18O from ostracodes and gasteropods (21) shows an initial drought event followed by two wet phases during the Spörer and Maunder minima in solar activity, as discussed previously. We suggest that the potential reduction in summer precipitation inferred from the Aguada X'caamal and Cariaco records was not great enough to generate a moisture deficiency at Los Tuxtlas, which is a particularly wet area, with a current net water surplus on the order of 900 mm/yr. In contrast Aguada X'caamal (northwest Yucatan) is located in a drought-sensitive area, with a net water deficit of ≈500 mm/yr. At Punta Laguna (northeast Yucatan), total precipitation is at least 50% higher than at Aguada X'caamal, and net water deficit is much lower, ≈100 mm/yr. Extended LIA drought conditions in the Yucatan are therefore evident only in areas where evaporation greatly outbalances precipitation, such as northwestYucatan. But in regions with higher moisture availability, the reduced summer moisture supply to the area during the LIA was not enough to generate intense drought conditions, and rather cooler LIA temperatures reduced the evaporation component of the moisture balance.

For the Gulf of Mexico coastal region, increased winter precipitation may be a critical factor explaining LIA climates, in particular, supporting our interpretation of a reduction in the extent of the dry season. Reduced LIA sea surface temperatures in the Caribbean (79) have been explained by a more intense winter meridional flow associated with more frequent outbursts of polar air. In the Sierra de Los Tuxtlas, an increase in polar air outbursts would be related with an increase in winter precipitation, reducing the intensity and duration of the dry season. This is a likely mechanism explaining the higher moisture availability recorded at Los Tuxtlas during the LIA as deep lake levels and as a general expansion of forest cover. This mechanism can be of importance in the climate of other regions where topographic uplifting favors moisture release, such as the coastal region of the Gulf of Mexico. The flat topography of Yucatan, in contrast, is not as favorable for this mechanism of increased winter rainfall.

Our data provide evidence of the variable geographical response to climate change in the Mesoamerican tropics and the relevance of seasonality in tropical environments. These are factors that can be valuable for explaining the patterns of decadal to centennial scale climatic variability that are emerging for tropical Africa where a precipitation gradient has been documented during the LIA (26), with dry conditions over western east Africa (i.e., Lake Malawi; ref. 27) contrasting with an increase in lake levels in the more eastern lakes (i.e., Lake Naivasha; ref. 28). Together, the African and Mesoamerican records show that the tropics cannot be considered as a climatic region responding unidirectionally to global change; instead they give evidence of more complex patterns of climatic variability that can offer new scenarios to asses the impacts of recent climate change at a regional level.

Methods
The sedimentary sequences from Lago Verde were recovered from the central part of the lake, using a nonrotatory piston corer. The chronology of the 6-m sediment sequence is based on five accelerator mass spectrometer radiocarbon dates determined on pollen extract to avoid the “old carbon” effect (13) and by correlation with a parallel core dated by 210 Pb and 137 Cs (12, 29). Charcoal, pollen, and diatom samples were collected on average every 8 cm, which gives a temporal resolution of 30–80 years. Pollen identification was made at the Instituto de Geología by using the pollen collection of the Tropical Biological Station at Los Tuxtlas (30, 31). Minimum pollen counts of 550 grains were used to calculate PARs (32). Taxa in Fig. 2 were assigned to ecological groups based on extensive botanical and ecological studies in the area (15). For the TF group, 31 taxa are included, and the most abundant are Moraceae-Urticaceae, Ficus, Lonchocarpus, Miconia, Buchonsia, Alchornea, Aegiphylla costaricensis, Capparis, Cordia, Psychotria, Robinsonella mirandae, Tabebuia, Spondias, Eugenia, and Astrocaryum mexicanum. The STF group includes 10 taxa, and the most abundant are Cecropia, Trema, Heliocarpus, and Piper. In the UF group, Pinus, Quercus, Ilex, Ulmus, Liquidambar, and Carpinus are the dominant taxa of the 10 pollen types included. The disturbance taxa group (22 taxa) includes Ambrosia with the highest accumulation rate and Compositae, Poaceae, Acacia, Mimosa, Paspalum, Hyptis, Chenopodiaceae-Amaranthaceae, Heliotropium, Senna, and Desmodium.
For macroscopic charcoal analysis, 1-cm3 sediment samples were soaked in 50 ml of 5% sodium hexametaphosfate deflocculating solution for several days, then washed gently through 120- and 250-μm sieves. Charcoal particles were counted in each fraction through.
For diatom analysis, a minimum of 400 valves were counted and assigned to the habitat groups in Fig. 2. Main taxa in each group are: Aerophilous, Luticula mutica, Hantzchia amphioxys, Pinnularia spp., Navicula arvensis, Navicula atomus, Navicula contenta; Periphytic, Achanthidium minutissimum, Nitzschia amphibia, Nitzschia palea, Gomphonema spp., Encyonema spp.; Tychoplanktonic, Pseudostaurosira brevistriata, Staurosirella pinnata, Staurosira construens, Cyclotella stelligera; Planktonic, Aulacoseira ambigua, Aulacoseira granulata, Aulacoseira muzzanensis.
Acknowledgments
We thank L. Vázquez, J. Urrutia, and B. Martiny for their comments and the Limnological Research Center, University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) for support. This work was supported by Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Technología Grant G28528-T and Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México Grant IN107902.
Footnotes
  • †To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: mslozano@servidor.unam.mx
  • Author contributions: M.d.S.L.-G., M.C., and B.O. designed research; M.d.S.L.-G., M.C., B.O., A.R., and S.S. performed research; M.d.S.L.-G., M.C., B.O., A.R., and S.S. analyzed data; and M.d.S.L.-G. and M.C. wrote the paper.
  • The authors declare no conflict of interest.
  • Abbreviations:LIA,Little Ice Age;ITCZ,intertropical convergence zone;PAR,pollen accumulation rate;TF,tropical forest;STF,secondary tropical forest;UF,upland forest.
  • Freely available online through the PNAS open access option.
  • © 2007 by The National Academy of Sciences of the USA
References
    1. Bond G,
    2. Showers W,
    3. Chesby M,
    4. Lotti R,
    5. Almasi P,
    6. deMenocal P,
    7. Cullen H,
    8. Hajdas I,
    9. Bonani G
    (1997) Science 278:1257–1266.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Bond G,
    2. Kromer B,
    3. Beer J,
    4. Muscheler R,
    5. Evans MN,
    6. Showers W,
    7. Hoffmann S,
    8. Lotti-Bond R,
    9. Hajdas I,
    10. Bonani G
    (2001) Science 294:2130–2136.
    Abstract/FREE Full TextGoogle Scholar
    1. Poore RZ,
    2. Dowsett HJ,
    3. Verardo S
    (2003) Paleooceanography 18:1048.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. DeMenocal P,
    2. Ortiz J,
    3. Guilderson T,
    4. Sarthein M
    (2000) Science 288:2198–2202.
    CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
    1. Vazquez-Selem L
    (2000) PhD dissertation (Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ).
    Google Scholar
    1. Polissar PJ,
    2. Abbott MB,
    3. Wolfe AP,
    4. Bezada M,
    5. Rull V,
    6. Bradley RS
    (2006) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 103:8937–8942.
    1. Winter A,
    2. Goenaga C,
    3. Maul GA
    (2000) Geophys Res Lett 27:3365–3368.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Watanabe T,
    2. Winter A,
    3. Oba T
    (2001) Marine Geol 173:21–35.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Nyberg J,
    2. Malmgren BA,
    3. Kuijpers A,
    4. Winter A
    (2002) Paleogeogr Paleoclimatol Paleoecol 183:25–41.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Hodell DA,
    2. Brenner M,
    3. Curtis JH,
    4. Medina-González R,
    5. Ildefonso-Chan Can E,
    6. Albornaz-Pat A,
    7. Guilderson TP
    (2005) Q Res 63:109–121.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Haug G,
    2. Günther D,
    3. Peterson LC,
    4. Sigman KA,
    5. Hughen B,
    6. Aeschliman B
    (2003) Science 299:1731–1735.
    1. Caballero M,
    2. Váquez G,
    3. Lozano-García S,
    4. Rodríguez A,
    5. Sosa-Nájera S,
    6. Ruíz-Fernández C,
    7. Ortega B
    (2006) J Paleolim 5:83–97.
    Google Scholar
    1. Ortega B,
    2. Caballero M,
    3. Lozano S,
    4. Vilaclara G,
    5. Rodríguez A
    (2006) Earth Planet Sci Lett 250:444–458.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Alvarez del Castillo C
    (1977) Biotica 2:3–54.
    Google Scholar
    1. González-Soriano E,
    2. Dirzo R,
    3. Voigt R
    , eds (1997) Historia Natural de Los Tuxtlas (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Comisión Nacional Para el Conocimiento y Uso de la Biodiversidad, México DF, México).
    Google Scholar
    1. Dirzo R,
    2. González-Soriano E,
    3. Vogt R
    4. Soto M,
    5. Gama L
    (1997) in Historia Natural de Los Tuxtlas, eds Dirzo R, González-Soriano E, Vogt R (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Comisión Nacional Para el Conocimiento y Uso de la Biodiversidad, México DF, México), pp 7–23.
    Google Scholar
    1. Santley RS,
    2. Arnold PJ, III
    (1996) J Field Arch 23:225–249.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Goman M,
    2. Byrne R
    (1998) Holocene 8:83–89.
    1. Dahl-Jensen D,
    2. Mosegaard K,
    3. Gundestrup N,
    4. Clow GD,
    5. Johnsen SJ,
    6. Hansen AW,
    7. Balling N
    (1998) Science 282:268–271.
    1. Keigwin LD
    (1996) Science 274:1504–1508.
    PubMedGoogle Scholar
    1. Curtis JH,
    2. Hodell DA,
    3. Brenner M
    (1996) Q Res 46:37–47.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Cleaveland MK,
    2. Stahle DW,
    3. Therrell MD,
    4. Villanueva-Díaz J,
    5. Burns BT
    (2003) Climate Change 59:369–388.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Acuña-Soto RD,
    2. Stahle DW,
    3. Cleaveland MK,
    4. Therrell MD
    (2002) Emerging Infections Dis 8:360–362.
    Google Scholar
    1. Mendoza B,
    2. Jáuregui E,
    3. Díaz-Sandoval R,
    4. García-Acosta V,
    5. Velasco V,
    6. Cordero G
    (2005) J Appl Meterol 44:709–716.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Pennington TD,
    2. Sarukhán J
    (2005) Arboles Tropicales de México (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Fondo de Cultura Económica, México DF, México).
    Google Scholar
    1. Russell JM,
    2. Verschuren D,
    3. Eggermont H
    (2007) Holocene 17:183–193.
    1. Brown ET,
    2. Johnson C
    (2005) Geochem Geophys Geosyst doi:10.1029/2005GC00095.
    Google Scholar
    1. Verschuren D,
    2. Laird KR,
    3. Cumming BF
    (2000) Nature 403:410–414.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Ruiz-Fernández C,
    2. Hillaire-Marcel C,
    3. Páez-Osuna F,
    4. Ghaleb B,
    5. Caballero M
    (2007) Q Res 67:181–192.
    CrossRefGoogle Scholar
    1. Lozano-García S,
    2. Martínez-Hernández E
    (1990) Publication Especiales 3 Instituto de Biología (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, México DF, Mexico).
    Google Scholar
    1. Lozano-García S,
    2. Ibarra-Manríquez G,
    3. Sosa-Nájera S
    (1995) Bol Soc Bot Mex 57:79–102.
    Google Scholar
    1. Grimm E
    (1992) Tilia Software (Illinois State Museum, Springfield, IL).
    Google Scholar
    1. Reimer PJ,
    2. Baillie MGL,
    3. Bayliss A,
    4. Beck JW,
    5. Bertrand C,
    6. Blackwell PG,
    7. Buck CE,
    8. Burr G,
    9. Cutler KB,
    10. Damon PE,
    11. et al.
    (2004) Radiocarbon 46:1029–1058.
    Google Scholar
[/quote]

I think if we think more 4D we could surive the next Little Ice Age (LIA).

"The Little Ice Age (LIA) (1350–1850 A.D.)"

That's only about 500 years.

Heck, if we would go 4D (preferably STO) or at least be considering this as a possibility we could do a lot of neat good stuff.

Session 16 October 1994:
Q: (L) Are there any exercises we can use to help our bodies transform into fourth density?

A: Not necessary. It is the soul that matters.

Q: (L) Does this mean that if we focus on soul development, that at the time of transformation that our bodies will automatically be transformed for us?

A: No. It is natural process. No preparation is needed.

Q: (L) So, if you are meant to transform, you will, if you are not you won't?

Q: (L) Does this mean that when my body reacts to certain foods that I should stop eating them? Is my body trying to tell me something?

A: Up to you. Nothing needs to "tell" you anything.

Q: (L) Can you clarify that?

A: Why are you searching for guidance where it is not needed?

Q: (L) In other words, if we just do each day what naturally comes to us as the best choice in each moment, we are on the right track?

A: Precisely.

Q: (V) I find the information of transforming to the fourth dimension very exciting and natural which is why I ask if this is going to be something I will experience in the future excluding death?

A: Vague.

Q: (L) If, theoretically, an individual... I am getting a very unusual feeling right at this moment, why?

A: Metabolic changes enhanced by accelerated learning.

Q: (L) Is this happening to all three of us?

Q: (L) Now, as I was starting to say, if, theoretically an individual was to develop in a natural way by making all the proper choices, and was to arrive at the point in time when the major transition is to be made, would that individual's body pass through into that heightened dimension in a physical state? Remember, this is just a theoretical person...

A: Of course.

Q: (L) Now suppose this theoretical person were to pass through this transition to the other side, what state would they find their body in? Would it be exactly as it is now in terms of solidity? What would be the experience?

A: The key concept here is variability of physicality.

Q: (L) Does this mean that everybody will be different or that an individual will have greater control over the substance and constitution of the body?

A: Not exactly either. Your physicality will be variable according to need and circumstance.

Q: (L) Okay, does this mean that sometimes we will be more of a light body?

A: Close.

Q: (L) Does this mean that sometimes we will be more of a firm body as we have now?

Q: (L) Will our bodies age differently?

Q: (L) What will be the median lifespan?

A: 400 years

Q: (L) And will those who pass through this transition as, say, 50 year olds, will they have an equal opportunity to live an additional 400 years?

A: Will regenerate in youthful appearance.

Q: (L) Now, when you say 400 years, will it be that the plane has a different orbit and that a year will be different?

A: No.

Q: (L) Will the days be different as to length of time light and dark as they are now?

A: Not the point. Planet will be 4th density as well.

Q: (L) But will the days and nights be different and will the orbit be different? Will the axial angle be changed?

A: You are thinking in terms of the 3rd level density. The rules will be so totally different that physical inspired comparisons are moot.

Q: (L) But I like the sunshine and birds singing and breezes. I just want to know if those things will be the same.

A: In some fashion.

If we would also change our "Timeline" choices we could go in a much better direction.

Session 10 October 2015:
(Perceval) There's been talk before of a kind of secret government that is not the overt government. Is it possible that they are in some way restraining the Americans like you just described?

A: The secret government did not anticipate Putin.

Q: (L) Well we had a funny talk the other day where we speculated that we moved into a different timeline. In previous years, we were in a timeline where there was not or could not be a Putin - or at least a Putin as he is in this one. Then, somehow some way, we moved ourselves into a different timeline. Well, I know it's a little egotistical to say that our efforts to send a signal could have shifted us into this other timeline and in effect helped with the manifesting of the changes of today... Is it a possibility that we helped even in a small way?

A: More than you have given yourselves credit for!

Q: (L) Alright. So, when I gave these talks here at these meetings we had a few years ago, and I described making a decision to help and just do one thing after another, day after day; in making such choices one day after the other, will this gradually move you step-by-step to a different timeline?

A: Yes

Q: (L) So it's accumulation of daily steps, daily choices, daily activities?

A: Yes and it would be extremely beneficial if more of your members learned and practiced this.

Q: (L) Can you be more specific about that?

A: For those who find themselves in a life situation that is less than desirable or optimal, small daily acts that declare their affinity for another reality will accumulate and trigger a phase transition.

Q: (L) Well, okay... You've said steps, daily steps. You don't like the reality that you're in so you look around yourself and you see things about your reality that you don't like... I mean, what kind of first daily steps can you take? If you're in a reality that's freaking controlling you and everything around you, how can you take steps? So many people are in situations where they can't even do that sort of thing. What kind of steps can people take at the most basic level?

A: Changing the mode of self-presentation and self-representation is the most basic.

Q: (Galatea) So like, changing habits?

A: Yes

Q: (Galatea) Changes in lifestyle here and there.

(L) Yeah, changes in your lifestyle?

(Perceval) Changes in your mode of self-presentation is kind of like what you identify with, ya know? It gets into what we were just talking about earlier. If a person is wearing clothes that identify him with a certain aspect of common popular culture, then if you are at odds with the world at large because of the insanity and suffering, that would be one of the first things to change: you identification with “popular culture”.

(L) So in other words, if you are not at home in the world the way it is and the way it has grown and the way it has developed, you need to put yourself into a different world NOW with small changes.

(Perceval) And at least stop identifying with this one. All the aspects that popular culture today pushes on people as means to identify with the reality of this world and what makes it tick - which is all kind of depraved and dysfunctional... And people absorb that and they start wearing clothes, and speaking differently, and that's all nothing but identifying with a manufactured aspect of this world and culture.

(L) Hairdos, clothing...

(Perceval) Anything.

(L) If you want to be part of a completely different world... In a sense, it's kinda like some of these people that belong to these organizations that like medieval stuff. So, they all get dressed up, and they have meetings, they have mock battles or whatever.

(Perceval) If there's enough bleedthrough, those people are gonna find themselves living 400 years ago! [laughter]

(L) And then dress: the whole Gothic thing, painting their nails black, and that identifies them with that “Goth” reality, so that's the timeline that they'll go into...

(Galatea) So basically, be the change that you want to see.

(L) Yeah. Be the change you want to see. I guess begin to model yourself on the people that you want to be LIKE or be WITH.

(Pierre) It goes beyond presentation and appearances. With those medieval guys, for example, that's the visible manifestation of what they like, what they think about...

(L) Yeah, how you present yourself is about what the values are that go with certain ways of appearing, like having self-respect, care for yourself, external considering, and so on. I mean, some of the hairdos these days are just completely... They disrespect the fact that they're a woman or the fact that they're a man and most of all that they are human beings.

(Pierre) And even the fundamental notion of beauty. It's almost like disrespecting the universe.

(L) So these are the kinds of small changes people can make. And by making these changes, what then happens?

A: Will attract the new reality incrementally.

Q: (Chu) I guess it's like becoming a better antenna for what you want to attract. Your outward appearance and how you present yourself... But then they said self-representation? That would attract the reality. It already exists somewhere, so it's not like you create it.

(L) You move yourself towards it by activating it in your own life.

(Perceval) We've been trying to attract a reality where the USA gets its ass handed to it... [laughter]

(L) And it looks like it's happening!

(PoB) But there are still people in this reality for whom what's going on now is not the most desirable development. So, why are they here if they didn't work towards this outcome?

(Perceval) There's probably a merging or overlapping of realities...

A: Many splits and merges yet to come. Keep in mind that such transitions can be rather chaotic as you have learned.

However, at what point do we keep killing just to survive?
Well hang on there,there's a WORLD of difference between killing for competition for food and resources adding to the chaos, and after deliberating philosophical consideration, objectively concluding having to undertake extreme measures as a last resort to protect innocents from predators seeking to do great harm to satisfy STS depravity.
We can only do what we can with what we got,with what we know. Increase understanding of what we know and preparedness of what we got, and the "doing" of "what we can" will be much better placed and implemented.
Of course, things may not be that dire, but it might help to consider the extreme situation in order to set limits
There's that saying: "Hope for the best, prepare for the worse, expect nothing".
I think a clue lies in the Caesar session, where he saw the limits of what he could help with, and where he could not help with:
Caesar was wanting to alter the minds of a nation and its people that didn't want to change their ways therefor tantamount to abridging free-will.
In the meantime, clearing out / deleting any "scarcity mentality" within is a good way to start rewiring receivership capability better toward abundance and ease situations.
I've not heard that one before, so I had a quick lookup:
The Scarcity Mentality is the zero-sum paradigm of life. People with a Scarcity Mentality have a very difficult time sharing recognition and credit, power or profit – even with those who help in the production. The also have a a very hard time being genuinely happy for the success of other people."
Sounds like another way of saying someone is an extreme narcissist or some other pathological disorder. In which case, its unlikely they are able to clear out or delete such a mentality.
Also we are told "It is the soul that counts"
"It is not where you are but who you are" & "It is the soul that counts not the bodies"
I agree, but I am of the school of thought a soul can be scarred and damaged through trauma and extreme abuse through flesh of physicality. If so, all the more reason to be swift and decisive in aid of beautiful yet vulnerable souls on our watch.
So I'm not your typical post-civilizational kind of warrior.
It doesn't matter, its the conditioning of mindset to dig deep and hold sway come what may even if you might fail, that matters.
After scaring myself reading some of the comments
Better to be "scared" now and prepare - than be like a rabbit caught in the headlamps!

(btw, the first link of my previous post was meant to be Casswiki Jesus was Caesar - CassWiki )

Divide by Zero said:
However, at what point do we keep killing just to survive?

Well hang on there,there's a WORLD of difference between killing for competition for food and resources adding to the chaos, and after deliberating philosophical consideration, objectively concluding having to undertake extreme measures as a last resort to protect innocents from predators seeking to do great harm to satisfy STS depravity.

I'm referring to a likely possibility where the population is much higher than the food supply. Even if everyone was not STS depraved, there still would be huge issues, like in past famines, etc. There will be some who survive and some who starve. Even good people may have to do bad things in order to feed their families. I know that this is a part of nature, but where do we get a CHOICE to not be part of a lopsided system- whether it be by STS or by a condition that brings up food, water, and energy shortages?

The whole issue is 3d itself which is indeed STS- because everything in this reality is cause and effect... like the Merovingian explained in the Matrix, like Laura explained in how our brains work in The Wave. There's no escaping it, but there is the ability to know that's how things are.

Divide by Zero said:
I think a clue lies in the Caesar session, where he saw the limits of what he could help with, and where he could not help with:

Caesar was wanting to alter the minds of a nation and its people that didn't want to change their ways therefor tantamount to abridging free-will.

Yet he is done with trying and is waiting for 4d.... I take away a good lesson from there: Why do we feel so guilty to be STS, as you described even Caesar's intentions abridging free-will. I think the guilt is one of those things that might have brought the wanderers back, despite knowing that the game here on 3d is rigged (whether it be by STS or the rules of physics/nature itself).

I've not heard that one before, so I had a quick lookup:
The Scarcity Mentality is the zero-sum paradigm of life. People with a Scarcity Mentality have a very difficult time sharing recognition and credit, power or profit – even with those who help in the production. The also have a a very hard time being genuinely happy for the success of other people."
Sounds like another way of saying someone is an extreme narcissist or some other pathological disorder. In which case, its unlikely they are able to clear out or delete such a mentality.
Exactly. But the new age sells that idea as if somehow someone is in poverty because they think about it or worry about it. PFFT. Tell that to the hard working people who can't get jobs that pay well.

Another red flag in these new agey things that shines at me is the word "abundance". No, I don't need abundance, I just want what is needed- no more, no less. But maybe that's not a 3d thing- because we're always either/or here.
Zero-sum paradigms are interesting though. They sometimes bash the physics of "closed system" physical systems in order to rationalize some naive idea of infinite growth, or infinite wealth- aka that "ABUNDANCE"

goyacobol said:
Also we are told "It is the soul that counts"
romochar said:
"It is not where you are but who you are" & "It is the soul that counts not the bodies"

I agree, but I am of the school of thought a soul can be scarred and damaged through trauma and extreme abuse through flesh of physicality. If so, all the more reason to be swift and decisive in aid of beautiful yet vulnerable souls on our watch.
The idea that souls can be scarred and damaged here is exactly why I sometimes doubt spirituality.
It doesn't seem logical or fair that a higher intelligence would choose to be here and get damaged in the process.
It gets into the problem of how the C's are our future selves, yet we have free will to do what we do (and free will to not do as recommended by the C's- who are our future selves)... The time thing is the conundrum, and all we can go by is through the "eyes" of others that can't really see, but perceive bits of this supposed spiritual world.

The one thing that I can take away from the idea of "us in the future" is that the idea of souls running in 3d kind of assumes linear time. It's not just that souls come from "above" to be here, but here is where we grow souls to be "above"... Again, these godforsaken 3d laws of physics (time/space) are what make it hard, if not impossible to comprehend as the C's allude to when they cannot describe 4d/etc to us.

That is 'then' / whenever, this is now.

said:
Shed first your scarcity mentality...and soon thereafter poverty itself will fade from your life.
("Time delays" notwithstanding.)

I'm sorry but again, poverty being described as something that can be fixed with changing thought is new agey. Again, tell that to the people who are a paycheck away from being homeless. Yes, some are ignorant of opportunities. But many are in a system that does not give back equally in terms of wages what they put in, tie that in with a global computer banking/investing system and you got the dystopia happening TODAY.

Just because it sounds good and nice does not make it reality. In fact, the C's regularly remind us about the horrors of reality. Seeing reality for what it is, is more important to the idea of consciousness than the idea of "Winning" here. Winning here can be done mechanically, no suffering or growth needed to attain that.... Heck, half of it is luck. When it comes to success and "abundance" the reports are usually skewed to the wins, because many who lose or have lost are usually not as vocal.
If you think about the C's saying that we go to 4d when we no longer fit here- I think that includes seeing the way things are fixed and manipulated despite what we "wish for". Laura mentioned in The Wave about how many people were against the world wars, yet they still happened.

I don't see how we can think our way to abundance and ease situations when the facts show that things as bad as they are will GET WORSE.

The only hope I see is that perhaps by knowing now and historically that things have been screwed up, we can one day CHOOSE to not jump back on this karma ride that keeps going and going and going....

All of the above is just the toxic "scarcity mentality" justifying itself.

It is not "poverty" being changed but one's internal belief systems / receivership capability regarding poverty that invariably shifts them more toward better, wholesome situations rather than worse / more empty ones.

Toxic as judged by who? The SJW's consider an idea toxic even if it is based in reality. Why? Because anything against their belief is toxic. You are judging what is toxic, and likewise I am judging your reply as toxic as it does not help us get closer to the truth of things (or however close we can approach truth).

I don't see any actual discussion in your reply. Sorry, I don't see how your argument makes sense unless you are already in it. Sounds like blind faith. True faith is open to challenge.

(Edit: In fact, it would be helpful for me to hear where I am wrong- but your reply pretty much sounds like a blank dismissal of everything against your faith/belief. I hope you can help and clarify things, because I know I can be wrong, but just being told I'm wrong will not rectify things!)

I am entitled to be doubtful of it, because all you are doing is repeating yourself and your tweet could very well be flipped the other way (calling optimism a delusion for example) and still make sense:

Deeply-embedded self-DELUDING belief systems *always* argue in favor of themselves when encountered and poked / prodded with FACTS/HISTORY—and most just weakly cave in to such instead of removing them.

Have you read The Wave series? There is tons of horror and injustice throughout history and Laura even links it to the lies that our own brains tell us. Is that a self-limiting belief system?

How about you give some facts at how a change in belief systems can turn people who are in wage slavery/debt in an entropic economy into more wholesome situations? In fact, if everyone just stood up and walked away from this system, left their jobs, who would do the work? Does "abundance" create others who do the work for such abundance for others? How is that not still STS in itself?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but again, poverty being described as something that can be fixed with changing thought is new agey. Again, tell that to the people who are a paycheck away from being homeless. Yes, some are ignorant of opportunities. But many are in a system that does not give back equally in terms of wages what they put in, tie that in with a global computer banking/investing system and you got the dystopia happening TODAY.

Well, how would an STO-oriented community living in extreme scarcity (think ice age, lack of food) solve these problems, then? Of course, they would share what is left of their food, water and heating material as long as possible, but then? Sooner or later they would end up in a situation not unlike that of plane crash survivors in the Upper Andes or the Brazilian jungle... What should happen if there's definitely not enough for every member of the group?

Well, how would an STO-oriented community living in extreme scarcity (think ice age, lack of food) solve these problems, then? Of course, they would share what is left of their food, water and heating material as long as possible, but then? Sooner or later they would end up in a situation not unlike that of plane crash survivors in the Upper Andes or the Brazilian jungle... What should happen if there's definitely not enough for every member of the group?
Good thought exercise!
I know that in my own personal state, I would volunteer to go. Why? Because I don't really want to be a survivor. Just because we might know more than other people does not mean we are more useful to survive. It's usually much better to have those that don't know the odds of survival to stay on than those of us that see a high likelihood of failure. That's why I don't volunteer for super-optimistic upgrades at work, I'm as skeptical as the senior workers who see that the more cloud connected our machinery becomes, the more it will fail. But unfortunately, we're also the ones that hold back the hope of the new generations who deserve a shot.
If in survival it means for me to die, so be it, because what else can I offer?

Back
Top Bottom