Session transcripts as one big HTML file

Thank you for responding so quickly, KJS. At first, I wasn't going to post anything about it because I didn't want to bother you, But, as you can see, I did. Now I'm glad I did. I do use it quite a bit.

And, there is no need for an apology. You do what you can as you have time. Thank you again. :flowers:

I'm still working on multi-language transcripts, but this time I'd like to attain better quality at Xenforo scraping, as the generated HTML documents are a little bit junky, and some jQuery magic needs to be done to replace spoiler tags, quotations, etc. On a side note, I'm also doing a little project that unifies the YouTube feed with Bitchute (and soon Odysee) in one mobile app. There are a lot of ideas, but not much free time to do that. And I acknowledge that I'm slacking a lot, since those hobbies align with my daily chores :nuts:

Hi all, I'm currently working on a new version of the project, so I wanted to ask what formats you'd like to have? I was planning to drop formats other than pdf since epub, mobi, and docx don't look good at all currently, and almost all modern devices understand pdfs. And if it comes to pdfs, how many of you use ebook readers? Is a larger pdf format needed at all, or is that smaller one enough? Thanks :)

If we are speaking about ebook readers, I'm trying to maximize the screen estate usage of 7" and 10" devices. Do some of you use smaller devices, like 6" Kindles, perhaps?
View attachment 95995
If we are speaking about ebook readers, I'm trying to maximize the screen estate usage of 7" and 10" devices. Do some of you use smaller devices, like 6" Kindles, perhaps?
View attachment 95995
7 and 10 inch works for me in pdf.

Thanks, @KJS and @Pecha for all your continued work on this project. Although the Cassiopaea Transcripts Search inspired (as @Pecha says was inspired by @KJS ) is very useful and well done I have found some difficulties when searching more than one word at at time. I have kept PDFs of the sessions for years and searched with Adobe PDF reader which is not bad for phrase searches. Later @Altair posted here in this thread about an indexer program that can search at the folder level so I switched from Adobe PDF reader for searches to in this open source reader DocFetcher (the latest one is DocFetcher 1.1.22 which is no longer maintained and requires an older version of Javascript but I still use it) to do searches.

For me PDFs are great. I appreciate all the work you both have put into this. The HTML file is an excellent way to organize all the sessions so they can be viewed on any browser. It looks like this is an excellent example of how networking works to "inspire" each other.

I will cross-post this on the Cassiopaea Transcripts Search thread since they are really closely related by inspiration.

The main issue for me is not being able to search by more than one word without getting individual hits on each word. I think for most searches these extraneous hits make it more difficult to use. Phrases are often difficult to remember accurately but when they are correct you can view only the related sessions.

The following is a search excerpt example for the phrase "by yourself" from Cassiopaea Transcripts Search :

Cassiopaea Transcript Search.png

As you can see in the example above each word in the phrase is a hit individually which shows "by", "yourself", and "by yourself".
For me this not very useful but others may like this kind of result. You both have done a great job so I will leave it to both of you to decide if a change is necessary.

Thank you both for all your hard work!

Back
Top Bottom