What do you think of gaia.com?

For example, let's suppose we have two books A and B where in A, the information in buried in 98% of nonsense, and in B, the errors or lies or nonsense is only 10%. Not only finding the useful information in A is more difficult and it takes more time, but also one is more likely to make errors that take more time to recover from. Now if a book C with 98% nonsense has a useful information that cannot be found in A or B or anywhere else, then maybe it is worth the effort

Seems like a good way to put it.
Hadn’t thought about the value of the uniqueness of info (Book C)

Hey Dovana, I limp around computer skills....In my intro, I think it was, mentioned concerning my typing skills, that my hands have been clocked at 5 words per minute! 🤣

Since I'm here, will put in my 2 cents worth on who I read and put stock in....They don't have a huge following, nor a flashy platform, and don't get tv spotlights or plugs....If meant to, you'll find them.

However, I do find pearls of wisdom here and there and I did pick up a few things from new age stuff, even if it was a lesson on discernment. Nature has taught me much. Somethings have been found in movies, novels and topic books, life situations and what people have passed on. Patterns jump out at me.....Heck once on a bubble gum wrapper, where Bazooka Joe said something profound!
Hah! Heck, sometimes I feel frustrated not just by my ignorance, but by my narrowness.

Nature somehow can turn a mango seed intro a mango tree, into a mango fruit. Just using air, water, soil and sunlight. If only I wasn’t in such a narrow state, how much of LIFE could I just understand, and become.

My wish for you is tremendous growth. May we become as wise as nature some day🙏

Dovana, why do you put the prayer hands emoji at the end of most of your posts? What’s the reason?
I… didn’t quite rationalize that.

I suppose what you have in mind is that it’s quite a new-agey thing to do, and I can ser why you’d see that with suspicion.

It’s an attempt to communicate gratitude or just plain appreciation. This is what I’m feeling when I type it.

If that’s being brought up, I suppose there are better suited ways to do it

I… didn’t quite rationalize that.

I suppose what you have in mind is that it’s quite a new-agey thing to do, and I can ser why you’d see that with suspicion.

It’s an attempt to communicate gratitude or just plain appreciation. This is what I’m feeling when I type it.

I don’t see it with suspicion, just asking. It’s interesting that you don’t quite know why you do it though.

Maybe it's just that when you joined the forum in an impulse of excitement you didn't realize what this forum is about.
It's not a chatroom for sure.
Introducing myself.
Found the forum while searching for relationships between Sanskrit and Russian.
I was very impressed by how open people were - and then I saw people were quoting channelled information. Quite a surprise.
So basically you don't know much about this place and the work that is done here which is fine and can be changed if one chooses to.
Maybe you want to take the time to make yourself familiar with its purpose.
Reading Laura's wave series is an excellent start and would answer a lot of the questions you might have.
Also the links provided in your welcome thread can give you a good idea.

I don’t see it with suspicion, just asking. It’s interesting that you don’t quite know why you do it though.
Yeah… I do it in my daily life as well. For most people, it’d be too weird, so I refrain or try to express myself some other way. When I see it fitting, it’s part of my expression of appreciation.

Yesterday I was walking the dogs, and the sunset was stunning - and a bright, big full moon was lighting up the sky. It was a natural response for me to gasp and put the hands together. That lead to awkward holding of the leash😂

I usually do it when I’m overwhelmed with beauty, and humbled by the bigness of what’s around me.

I suppose I could summarize this by quoting the C’s, when Laura and friends asked the C’s why some STS entities enjoy talking and experiencing altruism:
“Feels good”

Yeah… I do it in my daily life as well. For most people, it’d be too weird, so I refrain or try to express myself some other way. When I see it fitting, it’s part of my expression of appreciation.

Yesterday I was walking the dogs, and the sunset was stunning - and a bright, big full moon was lighting up the sky. It was a natural response for me to gasp and put the hands together. That lead to awkward holding of the leash😂

I usually do it when I’m overwhelmed with beauty, and humbled by the bigness of what’s around me.

I suppose I could summarize this by quoting the C’s, when Laura and friends asked the C’s why some STS entities enjoy talking and experiencing altruism:
“Feels good”
Right, I agree that you enjoy feeling the “oneness” of the Universe. It just seems like a conditioned response and not genuine or thought out. Essentially it’s sort of a semi-conscious reaction, maybe that’s why you get the reaction you do from people.

I was SURE I had written at least a word or two about Jirka and the gang and I found one reference here:

Now, we are no strangers to COINTELPRO. We have been targeted since I started investigating UFOs in 1993 and talking about it back in 1995. It started out being MUFON and UFO true believer types. Then, it was the New Age types. Then, of course, the standard religious types… though they aren’t as bad as the UFO/New Age types. At first, it all seemed to be just random:

jealousies, people whose beliefs were being threatened, and so on. And certainly, to a great extent that can be true all by itself. But later on, after I began writing the Wave Series, exposing so much of the New Age Sewage, it got more serious and “dedicated.” We have our own full-time agent of defamation who doesn’t even have a real job – he seems to have absolutely unlimited time to devote to destroying us, our peace of mind, our reputations, our work, our lives, the lives of our children, our friends, our groups, etc. – Vincent Bridges, associated with Jay Weidner, associated with Jeff Rense, with Ray Flowers, with Drunvalo Melchizedek, funded to the tune of several million by Jirka Rysavy, Czech millionaire who many claim is just a CIA front man with has his fingers in a LOT of New Age pies. At present, their favorite tactic is to post endless defamatory lies on “cointelpro friendly” forums, or to sign on to legitimate forums under various internet “handles” – or anonymously – and whenever a positive reference is made to our work to jump in and rant “cult, cult” or make some of the most bizarre accusations I’ve ever heard of. My personal favorites are that my husband is funded by George Soros and I plagiarized my autobiography! (Yeah, go figure.)

I was SURE I had written at least a word or two about Jirka and the gang and I found one reference here:

Gee… that’s tough work you guys have been doing. I wish to read the article in full.
Thanks again

He never came up with proof for his claims. Noone at RSE ever gave proof of claimed healings. I'd know cause I've spent 10 years of this life there; 6 of these years working for them.
Thanks for this info! I started watching his show today, and I had swallowed the "hook"...
On one side, I feel disappointed that his info is misleading, and that I can be gullible. One the other side, you just saved me a ton of time :)

As you've said, it's rare. And it's a dangerous notion to believe in ones own filtering capacities, osit. Mind altering techniques like certain breathing techniques are used in which people become very suggestible.
Another thing I didn't know! So this means one must be very careful when "training" using those techniques?

Another thing I didn't know! So this means one must be very careful when "training" using those techniques?
Gurdjieff echos this idea of humanity’s suggestibility. The PTB are well aware of this, hence all the media programming and propaganda. The challenge to be objective is daunting. Hypnotized and asleep. Can you recognize something in a dream and say to yourself “this is utterly absurd, I must be dreaming!” And awaken in the dream? Good luck.

I suppose there’s a whole group of ppl who operate in a similar manner. I don’t feel like naming names, but the MO is quite similar: build a business in human development/spirituality, get a very competent team of marketers and lawyers, get somebody to be a central figure (frequently themselves), and expand as much as you can.
There is a sub-forum about New Age COINTELPRO. It seems this thread might be better placed there, actually. New Age COINTELPRO

Back
Top Bottom