Potential Food and Energy Shortage Across the World

Personally, I think it's very difficult to have a reliable information about weather and climate due to various manipulations and beliefs. Who says that info "a terrible drought in Europe (or anywhere else)" is real,that temperature measurement is real, correct etc? I also read all I could find about arrival of a hypothetical ice age,but how is that possible when objectively last years were and are hotter than the previous ones? Am I the only one here who tries to figure this out by observing physical reality?

Personally, I think it's very difficult to have a reliable information about weather and climate due to various manipulations and beliefs. Who says that info "a terrible drought in Europe (or anywhere else)" is real,that temperature measurement is real, correct etc?
Well, I remember that there was a serious drought in 2017 in Poland, but haven't got covered as much in the media, despite quite substantial crop losses. For sure something has changed, as a kid, I remember that winter was rough. During winter in the early nineties, it was so cold that the engine block in my dad's car cracked, and the snow drifts were as big as a man. Now, the winter is not as harsh but lasts from late September to almost early May. This year I got cold in May because I was in my parent's house, and they run out of coal to heat. Thirty years ago, the weather during the start of my primary school in September was warm and the snowy winter was usually from the end of November till early March.
I think that our perception changed a lot. When I was a kid, also the summer was very hot, the temperature often reached 40°C. My wife remembers nights so hot, that she slept on the floor, covered with wet towels. My grandfather had almost brown skin because he worked outside during the hot days. Now we get cold from the climatization during the warmer days and then do a molecular biology test for disease because the media told us to do so... In the city where I live, they are even testing the wastewater for COVID-19 (the verdict: n-th wave is near!). Is that a science? The mainstream scientific consensus seems to be working exactly like my Garmin sports watch: even when I do serious weightlifting, I'm sweating and my central nervous system is heavily taxed from sub-maximal lifts, the watch evaluates my effort as "low and unproductive" because it is tuned for running... I think that this allegory demonstrates our civilization's relationship to reality: science is needed only to confirm some a priori assumptions, and the caste system excludes the general public from participation.
I also read all I could find about arrival of a hypothetical ice age,but how is that possible when objectively last years were and are hotter than the previous ones? Am I the only one here who tries to figure this out by observing physical reality?
I think that the bolded statement is a bit too vague for being objective. How do you define a "hotter year"? By a median temperature in a timespan of month or year? In one city or the whole country? The whole climate characteristic seems to be changing. From my local observations, the winter is less harsh but lasts far longer than it was a few decades ago. The tonnage of coal that my parents need to heat their house is increasing from year to year. It doesn't look like a warmer climate for them :)

Well, I remember that there was a serious drought in 2017 in Poland, but haven't got covered as much in the media, despite quite substantial crop losses. For sure something has changed, as a kid, I remember that winter was rough. During winter in the early nineties, it was so cold that the engine block in my dad's car cracked, and the snow drifts were as big as a man. Now, the winter is not as harsh but lasts from late September to almost early May. This year I got cold in May because I was in my parent's house, and they run out of coal to heat. Thirty years ago, the weather during the start of my primary school in September was warm and the snowy winter was usually from the end of November till early March.
I think that our perception changed a lot. When I was a kid, also the summer was very hot, the temperature often reached 40°C. My wife remembers nights so hot, that she slept on the floor, covered with wet towels. My grandfather had almost brown skin because he worked outside during the hot days. Now we get cold from the climatization during the warmer days and then do a molecular biology test for disease because the media told us to do so... In the city where I live, they are even testing the wastewater for COVID-19 (the verdict: n-th wave is near!). Is that a science? The mainstream scientific consensus seems to be working exactly like my Garmin sports watch: even when I do serious weightlifting, I'm sweating and my central nervous system is heavily taxed from sub-maximal lifts, the watch evaluates my effort as "low and unproductive" because it is tuned for running... I think that this allegory demonstrates our civilization's relationship to reality: science is needed only to confirm some a priori assumptions, and the caste system excludes the general public from participation.

I think that the bolded statement is a bit too vague for being objective. How do you define a "hotter year"? By a median temperature in a timespan of month or year? In one city or the whole country? The whole climate characteristic seems to be changing. From my local observations, the winter is less harsh but lasts far longer than it was a few decades ago. The tonnage of coal that my parents need to heat their house is increasing from year to year. It doesn't look like a warmer climate for them :)

I disagree that the bolded statement is a bit too vague for being objective; I think that it's extremely important to observe the reality in which we live. I was saying about general observation ,but if I have to specify I'm observing where I live and my family (3 different European countries). Yes, also here last two winters were longer and we consumed more gas for heating,but they were much hotter than winters before (when I was a child or a teenager - I'm 42 now). We haven't had snow for at least 8-9 years; before we had it every year,it was normality. Summers are definitely hotter, much hotter (how many degrees I don't know) and they start almost immediately after winter; the springs are much shorter. It's not only my observation, all the people here I asked about this think that. I don't what is actually going on,but this is what I experienced. Generally, I always collect all info I can get openmindedly,but I rely on reality and real everyday observation. It might be that personal perception changes but the fact that it hasn't been snowing (for example) is an objective fact,not a personal perception.

This report is informative at least as far as the situation of the Dutch farmers is concerned:
Kim Iversen: MASSIVE Dutch farmer protest
Kim Iversen discusses the farmer protests that have broken out around the Netherlands over Nitrogen emissions.
Protesting farmers and their children sit in their tractors at a blockade outside a distribution center for supermarket chain Aldi in the town of Drachten, northern Netherlands, Monday, July 4, 2022. Dutch farmers angry at government plans to slash emissions used tractors and trucks Monday to blockade supermarket distribution centers, the latest actions in a summer of discontent in the country's lucrative agricultural sector. (AP Photo/Peter Dejong)
Though, there is a lot of climate change talk from the two other people in the talk.

From Australia about the Dutch farmers protests:

First landlords in Germany have started cutting hot water and heating hours amid rising gas and electricity prices - Bild

The 600 flats in Saxony's Dippoldiswald will now have hot water from 4am to 8am, 11am to 1pm and 5pm to 9pm. Tenants are outraged:

"This was - I heard from my grandmother - only after (World War II). I don't know how I will bathe my daughter".

Electricity prices in Europe have already hit new all-time highs due to declining gas supplies from Russia.

According to a study by the British Financial Times, in Germany and France, the leading EU countries, prices per megawatt hour for next year's base load have set new records, reaching 325 and 366 euros respectively.

Source: News Front on Telegram

Personally, I think it's very difficult to have a reliable information about weather and climate due to various manipulations and beliefs. Who says that info "a terrible drought in Europe (or anywhere else)" is real,that temperature measurement is real, correct etc? I also read all I could find about arrival of a hypothetical ice age,but how is that possible when objectively last years were and are hotter than the previous ones?

See this article below for evidence that periods of warming, induced by the sun, are actually what trigger global cooling. This has to do with the relationship between sun-induced warming, the AMOC, or Gulf Stream, and global temperature regulation. The sun's decreased sunspot intensity also makes the jet stream go all wonky, which can lead to arctic flows descending below its usual latitudes, which I think is what caused the freak cold in Texas a while back.

And if you haven't had a chance yet, read Pierre and Laura's Earth Changes: The Human-Cosmic Connection. It gives a broad overview of plasma cosmology as a foundation for understanding these dynamics.

Am I the only one here who tries to figure this out by observing physical reality?

Easy there, tiger - an 'I am special' attitude isn't a very good mode of being to entertain for the times ahead...

It might be that personal perception changes but the fact that it hasn't been snowing (for example) is an objective fact,not a personal perception.
Ah, it is snowing in several states in the US in the middle of summer. Also, in Canada. Also in places in Europe and Asia.

And, since many temperature gathering devices have been place in cities where it is always hotter because of buildings and paved streets and parking lots, hot temperatures gathered at these places are not reliable data. And, there have been reports that some of the so-called "hottest temperatures ever" have happened before and some occur regularly.

You may want to look at some of the threads here that talk about weather and climate to get some more info. And, there are articles on sott.net that could help with gathering info.

What a weird article was published on the United Nations site. It was taken off shortly after publication 🤡

The Benefits of World Hunger​

We sometimes talk about hunger in the world as if it were a scourge that all of us want to see abolished, viewing it as comparable with the plague or aids. But that naïve view prevents us from coming to grips with what causes and sustains hunger. Hunger has great positive value to many people. Indeed, it is fundamental to the working of the world's economy. Hungry people are the most productive people, especially where there is a need for manual labour.

We in developed countries sometimes see poor people by the roadside holding up signs saying "Will Work for Food". Actually, most people work for food. It is mainly because people need food to survive that they work so hard either in producing food for themselves in subsistence-level production, or by selling their services to others in exchange for money. How many of us would sell our services if it were not for the threat of hunger?
More importantly, how many of us would sell our services so cheaply if it were not for the threat of hunger? When we sell our services cheaply, we enrich others, those who own the factories, the machines and the lands, and ultimately own the people who work for them. For those who depend on the availability of cheap labour, hunger is the foundation of their wealth.

The conventional thinking is that hunger is caused by low-paying jobs. For example, an article reports on "Brazil's ethanol slaves: 200,000 migrant sugar cutters who prop up renewable energy boom".1 While it is true that hunger is caused by low-paying jobs, we need to understand that hunger at the same time causes low-paying jobs to be created. Who would have established massive biofuel production operations in Brazil if they did not know there were thousands of hungry people desperate enough to take the awful jobs they would offer? Who would build any sort of factory if they did not know that many people would be available to take the jobs at low-pay rates?

Much of the hunger literature talks about how it is important to assure that people are well fed so that they can be more productive. That is nonsense. No one works harder than hungry people. Yes, people who are well nourished have greater capacity for productive physical activity, but well-nourished people are far less willing to do that work.

The non-governmental organization Free the Slaves defines slaves as people who are not allowed to walk away from their jobs. It estimates that there are about 27 million slaves in the world,2 including those who are literally locked into workrooms and held as bonded labourers in South Asia. However, they do not include people who might be described as slaves to hunger, that is, those who are free to walk away from their jobs but have nothing better to go to. Maybe most people who work are slaves to hunger?

For those of us at the high end of the social ladder, ending hunger globally would be a disaster. If there were no hunger in the world, who would plow the fields? Who would harvest our vegetables? Who would work in the rendering plants? Who would clean our toilets? We would have to produce our own food and clean our own toilets. No wonder people at the high end are not rushing to solve the hunger problem. For many of us, hunger is not a problem, but an asset.

What a weird article was published on the United Nations site. It was taken off shortly after publication 🤡

pitchforks-and-torches-on-sale-2-for-1-at-wal-mart.jpg

Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa said Wednesday he held a telephone conversation with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin to ask for credit support to import fuel to the island nation suffering the most severe economic crisis in living memory.

Sri Lanka's economic crisis has led to acute fuel shortages, forcing the government to close schools and ask civil servants not performing essential functions to work from home to reduce consumption. The government said no entity is willing to sell oil to Sri Lanka, even for cash, because its oil company is heavily indebted.

Sri Lanka is "bankrupt," Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said Tuesday, as the country suffers its worst financial crisis in decades, leaving millions struggling to buy food, medicine and fuel.

See this article below for evidence that periods of warming, induced by the sun, are actually what trigger global cooling. This has to do with the relationship between sun-induced warming, the AMOC, or Gulf Stream, and global temperature regulation. The sun's decreased sunspot intensity also makes the jet stream go all wonky, which can lead to arctic flows descending below its usual latitudes, which I think is what caused the freak cold in Texas a while back.

And if you haven't had a chance yet, read Pierre and Laura's Earth Changes: The Human-Cosmic Connection. It gives a broad overview of plasma cosmology as a foundation for understanding these dynamics.

Easy there, tiger - an 'I am special' attitude isn't a very good mode of being to entertain for the times ahead...
Thank you for article!

Back
Top Bottom