The Role of Meditation in the Work

Guest said:
Meditators have been tested using MRI scanning. In all cases, there was a consistent increase in brain activity on the average more than non meditators. There was even found to be an increase in synapse connections. Basically, when you consistently focus in a certain way you increase your capability to focus in that way.

It seems to me that meditation's real benefit is as a way to practice non-dissociation and to practice getting a handle on emotions. In essence, it is a means to an end, not an end in itself. It's like practicing for being able to successfully face reality, not escape from it.

Thank you for the replies! (my apologies for this late reply, I thought no one replied yet)

Buddy said:
Hi Oxajil;

Based on research I've done at various times, it seems that a person could be subject to any and all kinds of reactions and feelings. There doesn't appear to be anything that one could say is "normal" for you. I have read all kids of stories about things people have experienced when starting some kind of meditation.
It all seems to depend on who you are, or perhaps, what lies just beneath the surface in terms of repression, suppression, something from the past currently in the present. It could also be just some current mental, emotional or physical state that you haven't been paying much conscious attention to. OSIT
Yes I think you're right at that. I guess I just wondered...
I went through some of the parts from the Wave and came across this again:

Q: (V) A few weeks ago several of us began to suffer from internal heat, insomnia, and other things. What was this?
A: Image. Deep conjunction of fibrous linkage in DNA structure.
Q: (V) Well, I want to know if it is in my mind that I get so hot, or does my body temperature actually elevate?
A: Only on 4th. Bleedthrough, get used to those!
Q: (L) Does this mean we are actually experiencing a bleedthrough of 4th density?
A: Image.
Q: (V) Are the little flashes of light I see also a manifestation of this?
A: Maybe so, but try to concentrate on the ethereal significance, rather than the physical.
Q: (L) When you say "deep conjunction of fibrous linkage," does this mean that we are conjoining with a linkage to a 4th density body that is growing, developing?
A: Slowly, but surely. We have told you before that the upcoming "changes" relate to the spiritual and awareness factors rather than the much publicized physical. Symbolism is always a necessary tool in teaching. But, the trick is to read the hidden lessons represented by the symbology, not to get hung up on the literal meanings of the symbols!
Q: (L) You say that the symbology has to do with hidden meanings. The symbology that you used was "image" and "deep fibrous linkage" of DNA. Now, is that a physical, symbolic image?
A: Yes.

the reason why I asked this question was because I remember this excerpt above of the transcript and I didn't know exactly if this ''internal heat'' was what I am experiencing, because I didn't know if this "internal heat" also causes sweat etc.

The same "flow of energy" that I feel when I am meditating I kind of feel right now too, I also remember experiencing this heat when I spoke to people (on the internet) who gave me a lot of "great" energy. It's all the same feeling, or so I think.

then I read this!:

A therapist friend of mine was present and she had been experiencing very strange things while working on me subsequent to the auto accident I was in as described elsewhere on the site here. So she asked:

Q: (S) Why, when holding accupuncture points on Laura, do I get the sweats so bad I feel like I am absolutely roasting? I can't even be in this room where they [communicate with the Cassiopaeans] without breaking into a heavy sweat!

A: Because you are undergoing changes relating to the approach of the wave.

I should add that I experience this rather frequently myself during meditation, receiving in expanded states of consciousness, and sometimes when I simply begin to think about some of the concepts the Cassiopaeans have talked about. It feels rather like having a raging fever, and I HAVE taken my temperature during these episode with nothing showing on the thermometer. Yet, anyone who touches me also begins to perspire.

I did find a reference to this phenomenon in the work of the Sufi Shaykh Ibn al'Arabi as follows:

"A State is that which enters in upon the heart without self-exertion or the attempt to attract it. [...] "the State is the changing of the attributes of the servant. [...] State signifies certain dimensions of spiritual realization, it denotes the special powers that accrue to the servant [...] the State is in conjunction with terms denoting extraordinary feats or miracles [...] producing effects in the outside world through concentration. [...] The possessors of the States engender things through resolve and throw secondary causes far from themselves."

Now, the curious thing about al'Arabi's discussion of the "States" is what follows here:

"When an angel brings a ruling or knowledge to the servant, the human spirit encounters the imaginal form and through the giving and receiving, which are two lights, the constitution becomes excited and inflamed. In the two lights, the native heat of the constitution is strengthened and the magnitude of the light is increased. The color of the servant's face changes because of this and it is the most intense State that might be. The bodily moistures ascend in vapors and this is caused by the compression undergone by the natures when the two spirits meet. When the possessor of the state regains his composure, the heat abates and the constitution increases in coldness and the cold overcomes the heat and the possessor of the state begins to shiver.All of this is the descent of a spiritual attribute upon the heart.

"The word hal, or State, is derived from the root from which we get 'self-transmutation' or to change from one situation to another." [As translated by William Chittick]

So, perhaps this is a foretaste of the effect of the wave upon mankind - or at least portions of mankind. I can verify that such a condition IS followed by a coldness that cannot be alleviated for some time. I have alternately burned and shivered many times as a consequence of certain meditative exercises, not to mention participation in the receiving process. The important thing to note is that it denotes a "change from one situation to another," and is described as "self transmutation." I suspect that The Wave is an energy source that will interact with every individual according to their frequency resonance. To some, it may indeed be the End of the World. But to others...
This is interesting, because I have also experienced this coldness, mostly after the experience of the "heat", but I think/thought it was because the sweat is vaporizing and so my body cools down, ...so it might not be the same.

What also might be interesting is that when I meditate immediately after reading some of the Wave, I immediately feel the "flow of energy" and I get hot very quickly. When I just meditate (not after reading the Wave) I get hot after like 10 minutes or something. But I really don't want to concentrate on this too much, I guess it's just interesting somehow..

Mountain Crown said:
What posture are you in when meditating? Are you regulating the breath? Taoist practitioners who use both to increase levels of chi often describe heat sensations. They also use techniques to safeguard against chi becoming trapped in specific locations due to blockages that may prevent its natural flow, which is potentially harmful to health. If the heat is localized and is alarming, try eating some honey, or take a brisk walk, or both.
Yea, I read that about the Taoist practicioners, quite amazing..
What posture? I've meditated in this position, but my legs were in a different position, because in that position I'm not comfortable _http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4560823/meditation20posture201_Full.jpg I also meditate while sitting in a different way and also when I lay down, but always when I start to meditate, my body wants to get in to some kind of "balanced" position. I breath in through the nose and out the mouth..

Hmmm blockages (makes me think of something)
I'll try the walk, Thanks.

thorbiorn said:
Meditation and Reiki sometimes makes me warmer. (To get warmer I might need to meditate in a sauna :)

A search on Google with “Meditation heat chest” gave 502,000 hits. “Meditation heat” gave 3,640,000 hits. So it is not uncommon and getting warmer rather than reaching ‘sweating hot’ is in all probability still more common.
Hahaha meditate in a sauna, don't think I could do that!

Ah yes thank you. I guess it's common.

----

MC spoke about ''blockages'', which makes me think of some other questions I have in the back of my mind, I thought about maybe not posting it, thinking I'll find the answer while continuing to read, but somehow I'd like to ask these anyway...

First I'd like to describe what kind of person I am.

My memories aren't that great, but I do know that I am a very scared person. I fear a lot of things, I'm also very careful with many things. How I spend my money, if I got everything when I leave to somewhere, I triple check anything, almost like a perfectionist, but in certain things. In things that could somehow "damage" me if I didn't pay attention to it. I'm also afraid to walk outside by myself or go to places with the train by myself, because I get all these ''images'' in my mind of what could happen (horrible things). I don't like rollercoasters (or other such things), because I'd be afraid that it would get stuck and that I'd fall out (I guess I don't trust the machines), I'm afraid of heights and when it's dark and the curtains are open, I close them, because there is this (absurd) and scary thought that someone might be sniping me (very paranoid!)... and the list goes on...

So being so afraid of so many things, I somehow need protection. Sure my family protects me. But from a very young age I have a thick "band" with "something" called God. I always pray to him, every day, for his protection. He gives me the calm feeling when I go to bed at night, that I can sleep safely.. So. When I sleep I close my mind completely, I don't want to think about reptilians, small greys or anything like that! I don't want anything to come talk to me etc. Because I'm simply afraid. I remember that I once said that I don't want anything or anyone come near me or "talk" to me, when I had the feeling that "something" wanted to "talk to me". No good guys and no bad guys are welcome! (I might just have a great imagination)

And somehow I have this feeling that this "blocking" myself out is really working! Maybe even to the point that it's not really an advantage anymore.

When I meditate, I get this frustrated feeling that I can't "get there", whatever "there" is. I get thoughts like "you aren't ready yet" or thoughts that scare me. And they all are "blockades" for me to somehow meditate further. Because I stop at one point when it scares me and then I think, well I guess I ain't ready for it or something! I once meditated while laying down and I saw "flashes of light" at one point and then my (closed) eyes started to "shake" (don't remember the right word) really wild! I was like "what the heck is goin' on!!". So after some time I stopped with meditating (and looked around). What is this wild eye-twitching and this heat! And why am I so afraiddd and why do I feel so frustrated and feel like there is huge door closed on me and I am too powerless to open it! Maybe I am not and maybe this is what "they" want me to think. Maybe these thoughts of "you aren't ready" are coming from elsewhere. Who knows! (Another thing I forgot to mention is that when I start meditating I get some kind of "headache" which makes it a bit harder for me to meditate.)

So in the Wave (about the Greenbaum thingy; (Sandy is greenbaumed)) I read this:

Q: (L) If that is the case, then it seems that these "alternate personalities" are so cleverly installed that they can take over, do something, and then "turn off" leaving no trace at all! That makes it possible that ANYONE can have this programming and NO ONE would even know! Heck, they wouldn't even know it themselves! We are talking about perfect Manchurian Candidates here! And that brings up the idea that if Sandy can do things she isn't aware of, is it possible for either Frank or I to be involved in such and not be aware of it?
A: Yes, but it is not that.
Q: (L) Does that mean that there IS some other thing that we are involved in, in some other aspects of our selves, that we are not aware of?
A: Close.

Q: (L) Is this something that happens in altered states or in sleep states?
A: Not happens, happened.
Q: (L) Something that happened in the past?
A: Laura, you need to consult a powerful, practiced, effective hypnotherapist to unlock these questions for you.
Q: (L) Is this something I could do for Frank in the meantime? Obviously Frank could have a big piece of the puzzle locked up in there...
A: Both of you and others. The locks have been installed in such a way that it is literally impossible for you to unlock them, as they were installed with full knowledge of present circumstances.
Q: (L) Who installed these locks?
A: Supremely powerful STS consortium!!

Q: (L) And what circumstances were they aware of, as you have mentioned, when they installed these locks?
A: All. [That implies time travel capabilities.]
Q: (L) You are the Cassiopaeans, correct?
Q: (L) And you are STO?
Q: (L) And you are telling us that we have locks on knowledge installed in us, installed by supremely powerful STS consortium. Can we not, in our conscious state, simply reject this programming, and ask you to inform us of this information?
A: Not possible! You cannot unlock, and we cannot tell you the details of what, or why.
Q: (L) Why can you not tell us?
A: Free will violation, and endangerment of you if done thusly.
Q: (L) Is there some way to do it that does not endanger us?
A: We have just told you what you must do.
Q: (L) Is it a danger to us to NOT unlock these things?
A: In a sense.

Q: (L) When you say that things "happened" but are not currently happening, what do you mean? I was abducted or something... why?
A: To install self-destruct programming.
Q: (L) I find this to be incredible! So, I have a "self-destruct" program. Considering my life, that could be true and a reasonable explanation. And Frank has one also?
A: Similar, but not an exact copy so as to mask.
Q: (L) Was Frank abducted in a similar fashion?
A: Close, but not exactly.
Q: (L) Was Frank's pneumonia when he was a child, that nearly killed him, part of this self-destruct program?
Q: (L) Was Frank's father also programmed since he was partly responsible for much of Frank's psychological abuse?
A: Semi.
Q: And my mother? She seems to have been the most consistent source of "attack" in my life...
Q: (L) Well. I think we can safely assume that probably every member of our families have had some sort of program installed, if only to facilitate our destruction. This whole situation is beginning to sound inexpressibly grim.
A: Grim?!? You have lived decades after these episodes! How many brethren? Multiples of millions!
Q: (L) That is why I am saying it is pretty damn grim... think of all those who don't survive these programs.
A: And it is part of a natural process, do not forget.
Q: (L) Well, we need some help from the good guys. It sounds so dreadful. We need some help here. I am becoming VERY tired. It is not only the constant battles against forces that we can neither see nor understand, but also even learning about all these things is a HUGE burden!
A: You only need knowledge.
Q: (L) Well, I want to have a little direction here.
A: Concentrate on your insurance settlement. This can be a problem solver if handled wisely, a curse if not so! Use some of the funds to locate a "superhypnotherapist."
Q: (L) Who might this person be? A clue?
A: No.
Q: (L) Is there some progress that we can make on our own?
Q: (L) Give me a clue... I want something that produce knowledge that will protect me...
A: Won't succeed until locks are blown off in proper way.

Q: (L) Well, I hope I survive until then.
A: Refer to previous answer.
Q: (L) If you guys were here, I'd throw something at you!
A: We'd dodge!
Q: (L) Well, you see my problem here... I guess I just want to know that there is someone out there who cares...
A: You should by now.
Q: (L) Then you guys ought to get behind my lawyer and jack him up...
A: We do, through you.
Q: So, we have a LOT of stuff locked up inside and all we have to do is find the key...

A: Yes, exactly.

So perhaps I (we) also have some of these "locked up stuff" inside ?? Is this where this frustrated feeling comes from? (perhaps this feeling comes from elsewhere... I really don't know)

There is also this:

12-03-94
Q: (L) I received an article from P about experiments by a fellow named Persinger who has been trying to duplicate the "abduction" experience by subjecting people to EM fields in a sensory deprivation chamber. I would like comments on that, and second...
A: Nonsense, some have closed mind inspired by fear.
Q: (L) My concern is that if he is doing this to people, and we have talked about electromagnetic energy blowing holes in the dimensional boundaries, my concern is that this experimentation could be detrimental to the persons being experimented on; is this a possibility?
Q: (L) What could be the results of subjecting someone to these electromagnetic fields?
A: Cessation of body.
Q: (L) In other words, it could kill them?
Q: (L) Could it also open doors between dimensions and allow other things to enter in?
Q: (L) Could they be subjected to spirit or demonic possession by this method?
Q: (L) Could they also be being subjected to further programming by aliens through this method?
Q: (L) Anything else you wish to say on this?
A: Always keep open mind.

I wonder, how should I interpret "always keep open mind"? Do they mean, "open mind" such as, be "open" to many possibilities? Or is it more like ehm... don't close yourself on anything (like in a "spiritual" way), if you know what I mean. (I have a hard time trying to explain what I think). When I read the C's saying "Always keep open mind" and I think about myself and how I close my mind out of Fear I kind of think like... maybe I shouldn't close my mind and be open to anything "good" coming... or would that be somehow dangerous? I don't know, could you offer your thoughts here? (I hope this isn't too much noise).

Oxajil said:
I wonder, how should I interpret "always keep open mind"? Do they mean, "open mind" such as, be "open" to many possibilities? Or is it more like ehm... don't close yourself on anything (like in a "spiritual" way), if you know what I mean. (I have a hard time trying to explain what I think). When I read the C's saying "Always keep open mind" and I think about myself and how I close my mind out of Fear I kind of think like... maybe I shouldn't close my mind and be open to anything "good" coming... or would that be somehow dangerous? I don't know, could you offer your thoughts here? (I hope this isn't too much noise).

I would say it is keep and open mind to many possibilities, but always try to be objective in your analysis of those possibilities

Laura said:
Some people ought to meditate one way, some people ought to meditate another way. Each individual has specific requirements as to type and duration of meditation. Every case is individual.

You may be surprised at the tenacity of the chatter and its resistance to this one-pointed focus.

This is so true regarding mind chatter, a cellular addiction to chemicals produced by the brain triggered by mind chatter. In other words the body cells in their quest for their fix are constantly sending messages to the brain to stimulate memories, i.e. mind chatter in order to release chemicals associated with the emotional signatures. What's more, study the mind chatter and see how much of it is past and future orientated, which means most of it. Even the questioning of whether to leave your mouth open or closed (if meditating outside) can be born of the concern (a future thought) of a bug flying in your mouth (a past association).

In my early attempts at visualization (I know it is new age concept), I used to imagine myself on a boat in the bay, all peaceful, sun on my back and so forth, and then all of a sudden a shark would appear, or a freak wave, my son would fall out of the boat and all sorts of nasty scenes would appear. I realized after this kept happening in every visualization session that I was addicted to negative and horror thoughts. Probably from too much TV!!

Anyway, I use the following technique in meditating.

Upright back, hands in my lap and together at the fingertips. Two to three long deep breaths feeling the out breathe go from the top of my body to the bottom. Focusing on my breathe. When the mind chatter comes, I simply acknowledge it is there, call it for what it is, mind chatter, a process of the body asking for my attention on the specifics, and simply return back to the breathing.

I like Laura's detailed response, I had never thought to use a seed. I shall try it to see the difference.

On the mind chatter, I am reminded of a small text. I can not remember where I got it from.

Imagine you are sitting on a river bank, it is peaceful, warm and you are simply looking at the calm river before you. Soon a boat appears and is slowly drifting towards you, and then all of a sudden you are on the boat. Not only are you on the boat, you have completely forgotten you were on the river bank, and you are now part of this boat. You are a crew member, a ship mate, and you are doing your normal ship mate tasks, there is noise, shouting, the boat is rocking. It all seems normal to you.

All of a sudden, you wake up and you are back on the river bank, wondering what on earth just happened. Not being able to explain it, you simply go back to looking at the river.

And then another boat approaches, slowly making its way towards you, and then all of a sudden you are on the boat, you are a part of this boat. You have completely forgotten you were on the river bank. This boat is partying, you are drinking, singing, having a great old time with all your friends. You don't want the party to end.

And then you wake up and you are back on the river bank again.

The moral to the story is that the boats represent our events in life, the events that occur to us, and our choice is to remain on the river bank and observe, or to allow ourselves to be sucked on to the boat and be a part of it.

A great little story I think but one that reflect on varying levels, from outside events we call the spot fires of our lives, to huge events involving many people (such as wars), right down to the mind chatter we experience every minute of the day.

Dean

Oxajil said:
I have a question, could you please answer?

When I meditate I get really warm, I start to sweat etc. Last time when I meditated for not so long I experienced especially heat in my chest-area. Is this 'normal'? Have you also experienced this?

I used to experience it all the time. Now, not so much. Question: do you experience a cooling after that is so cool that it makes you shiver inside?

Also, you aren't a pre-menopausal female, are you?

Dean, the way you described ''mind chattering'' is interesting. Unfortunately I had to stop once with meditating because this chattering got quite scary, but now I can view it from another perspective, as you said : Focusing on my breathe. When the mind chatter comes, I simply acknowledge it is there, call it for what it is, mind chatter, a process of the body asking for my attention on the specifics, and simply return back to the breathing.
So I will try that too next time, thanks for mentioning it!

Laura said:
I used to experience it all the time. Now, not so much. Question: do you experience a cooling after that is so cool that it makes you shiver inside?
That's an interesting question, I never looked at it that way before. Yes I remember moments that I shivered inside, though I will do some more meditations in the future to observe the way my body reacts. It's like a warmth, a flow of energy, that I feel inside (which makes me sweat), and after I feel coldness, inside and out.

Laura said:
Also, you aren't a pre-menopausal female, are you?
Well I'm 19 years old, so I guess I'm not haha, why? I checked some of the symptoms of premenopause and I could understand why you might think there could be a connection to what I experience.

Hi Oxajil,

It's quite interesting what I have discovered with mind chatter and meditating. For example, if I ever use some form of counting, focusing on a process of breathing, that eventually the mind automates the process. This automation from some theories, is part of the survival mechanism, but at the same time, the more automated it becomes, the less conscious effort, the more room left over for mind chatter to creep back in.

I have found that when focusing on breathing I'll change it up, so it may be the effects I feel when breathing through my nose, i.e feel the air through my nostrils, and then the exhaling through the mouth, feel the air pass the lips. But once this becomes automated, the mind chatter comes in, so I'll then move to focusing on the stomach and how it inflates, deflates, etc. There are quite a few areas of the body that move in cycle to the breathe with which to use as a focus area. And then there is counting with the breathing, using words, using images and so on.

Dean

Perceval said:
Oxajil said:

I would say it is keep and open mind to many possibilities, but always try to be objective in your analysis of those possibilities

And if i may add, about the importance of the purity of motive, also the pure curiosity the C's have recently referred:

Session Date: January 3rd 2009
A: Absolutely and vehemently not!!! There is no possibility of true spiritual work progressing without full awareness of the world that surrounds you. What have we said about "true religion?" Let your curiosity guide you. In its pure state curiosity is a spiritual function.

Here are SOME chunks of the transcipts that i recently came across concerning the open-mindedness:

June 9, 1996 F****, Laura
Q: (L) What quality in us, what thing, enabled us to make contact,
because, obviously a lot of people try and get garbage.
A: You asked.
Q: (L) A lot of people ask!
A: No they don't, they command.
Q: (L) Well, a lot of people do ask or beg or plead, but they get all
discombobulated with the answers.
A: No, they command. Think about it. You did not beg or plead...
that is commanding.

December 9, 1994 F***and Laura
Q: (L) So, as long as we are worried, tense, anticipatory, and
attached to the idea, we constrict the flow?

February 8, 1996 F****, Laura, SV
A: All who have amazing abilities must too guard against corruptive
forces from within and without having to do with prejudice,
assumption, and the anticipatory desires involving patterning
presumption. i.e. keep an open mind, always!!!

October 28, 1994 F***, Laura and V***
Q: (L) Did the Christ spirit descend into the body of Jesus in his 30th
year?
A: No.
Q: (L) What happened?
A: Formed within him. And it could do thusly in anyone who reaches
such levels of service to others plus faith and supreme levels of pure
thought.

December 9, 1994 F***and Laura
A: Completely pure intent, i.e. open.
Q: (L) Completely open?
A: Nonanticipatory.

September 30, 1994 F** and Laura
Q: (L) What can one do to enhance the Reiki energy?
A: Attain lofty spiritual purity.

May 2, 1998
Q: How long is it gonna take me... can you give me an estimate?
Say, a theoretical person like myself, in my position, condition, and
all things considered, how long would it take that person to see
something?
A: As soon as their psyche is clear of anticipation/prejudice.
Q: With me, that could be a LOOOOONG time!
A: Or it could be a short time.

May 30, 1998 F****, Ark, Laura
Q: So, it is not altogether as he is saying. Ark wants to use the
psychomantium. Are there any suggestions for him to follow that
would be different from instructions for me? But, then I am not an
example to follow because I haven't been having a whole heck of a
lot of success!
A: Keep experimenting with an open mind... do not anticipate.

October 10, 1998 F****, Ark, Laura
A: No. Expectations... ? Anticipation... ? Prejudice... ? What have we
told you?

And so and so forth. So it is a state of no expectancy, less prejudice, non-selfishness and letting things things to go by their natural flow, in which one should be more successful with his/her searches.
From time to time i tend to get in this pure "frame of mind". But rarely... and i tend to get frustrated when i feel a blockage of some sort and can't even start meditating..I sometimes think this is so because of my STS-ness and i am still trying to be pure in motive in everything but i do not at all times succeed. Sorry about the end of the post being "soaked" with personal stuff..I will certainly try all of your suggested meditations and will choose the one which is done effortlessly and is most productive.

WHAT IS MEDITATION??

There are many definitions for "meditation" I do not know what it really is. The C's the recomiendan.soemone can define what meditation is a reliable way?

Thanks

Re: WHAT IS MEDITATION??

Eongar said:
There are many definitions for "meditation" I do not know what it really is. The C's the recomiendan.soemone can define what meditation is a reliable way?

Thanks

Eongar,

You can find lots of useful information on this forum by using the search box in the upper right corner of the window. If you just type in "meditation", I'm sure you'll be occupied for a while with reading the results.

Thanks Vulcan59, that thread slipped right by me...
And very timely too for I have some questions.!.!.!

And very timely too for I have some questions.!.!.!

I did as well, it was great to get a new perspective on it.

I also was encouraged when i read

Krishnamurti:] Do you know anything about meditation?
Student: No, Sir.
Krishnamurti: But the older people do not know either. They sit in a corner, close their eyes and concentrate, like school boys trying to concentrate on a book. That is not meditation.

But that's exactly what people want you to think. I keep learning over and over, take nothing at face value, unless it's a cigar. :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom