SHOTW video

Because of copyright issues, wouldn't it be great if some of the talented musicians on here maybe jam and come up with something to give the video the sonic impact it deserves? I'm not really feeling the soundtrack as it is. What do you guys think?

There are excellent instrumental soundtracks that can be purchased and are allowed to be used as musical background in video.

I suppose stardust will not show up as we are waiting for her since June. I will start working on this as soon as I can ;)

Just realized this has already been corrected :umm:

As far as I can remember stardust originally used two audios - one was Dead Can Dance and the other was I think Lutien's suggestion from some French movie about the wild boy. But my memory might be deceiving me. I will try and find out correspondence with Stardust about the music and if I find out the exact names will post it here. Maybe Luthien will remember :)

Corto Maltese said:
and the other was I think Lutien's suggestion from some French movie about the wild boy. But my memory might be deceiving me. I will try and find out correspondence with Stardust about the music and if I find out the exact names will post it here. Maybe Luthien will remember :)

If I correctly remember, the second song was Serge Franklin's epic score for the French film L'enfant des Loups (The Wolves' Child). It was performed by FYSIO Symphony Orchestra conducted by Mario Klemens & Kuhn's Choir.

You can still enjoy this song on YouTube.

Sorry for that I didn't mentioned it. :-[

But this information is availbale on the youtube site, from "orgueluse", actually that's Gawains/Gawans wife... okay joke by side ;) (_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgeluse):

orgueluse said:
[...]
Sorry I had to replace the wonderful Serge Franklin's and Dead Can Dance's music, due to copyrights isssues.
If you want to get Serge Franklin's CD, L'Enfant des Loups, you can get it from Price Minister or Ebay.

And I found the second song, a preview, the name: "Kyrie Ouverture":

_http://www.soundike.com/song/1270661_Serge_Franklin_L'Enfant_Des_Loups_Kyrie_(Ouverture)_mp3_download.html

Sorry for the delay in responding, guys, I had missed those posts.

Gawan said:
Sorry for that I didn't mentioned it. :-[

But this information is availbale on the youtube site, from "orgueluse", actually that's Gawains/Gawans wife... okay joke by side ;)
(_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgeluse):
:D

orgueluse said:
[...]
Sorry I had to replace the wonderful Serge Franklin's and Dead Can Dance's music, due to copyrights isssues.
If you want to get Serge Franklin's CD, L'Enfant des Loups, you can get it from Price Minister or Ebay.

Indeed I replaced the wonderful original music by one of the mostly horrible suggestions offered by YouTube. I could have uploaded the video again with a new soundtrack with Stardust's or somebody else's help, but the problem is that I didn't want to delete the ones already uploaded because they have a high viewing with a lot of comments, thus people find it more easily than just a new video. Starting again from "scratch" would be annoying.

BUT the video with the original music is still available on Dailymotion:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jjz0_lhistoire-secrete-du-monde_news

You'll find other extracts from the soundtrack by Serge Franklin and some extracts of the series L'Enfant des loups here:
_http://l.enfant.des.loups.free.fr/ (the series is only available in French - no copyright infringement for putting extracts of it, as it was never released on the market. The story is based on real events - except for the wolf child part: _http://oplater.blogspot.com/2007/08/radegund-of-poitiers.html).

BTW, the Dead Can Dance song is "Sanvean". (from the album "Toward the Within").

Stormy Knight said:
I suppose stardust will not show up as we are waiting for her since June. I will start working on this as soon as I can

Stardust seems to be quite busy with her life right now, but she might come back one day :)

Lúthien said:
Indeed I replaced the wonderful original music by one of the mostly horrible suggestions offered by YouTube. I could have uploaded the video again with a new soundtrack with Stardust's or somebody else's help, but the problem is that I didn't want to delete the ones already uploaded because they have a high viewing with a lot of comments, thus people find it more easily than just a new video. Starting again from "scratch" would be annoying.

BUT the video with the original music is still available on Dailymotion:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jjz0_lhistoire-secrete-du-monde_news

It would be annoying to have to start from scratch but if we do want to create a new version that sounds better we've got quite a few musicians here now, so we can create our own original music :)
I am gonna be pretty busy for the time being, but if I get a moment I may be able to come up with something suitable.

Nomad said:
It would be annoying to have to start from scratch but if we do want to create a new version that sounds better we've got quite a few musicians here now, so we can create our own original music :)
I am gonna be pretty busy for the time being, but if I get a moment I may be able to come up with something suitable.

That would be great, and in that case, we'd upload it alongside the ones with the YouTube soundtrack (not deleting them so as to keep the ranking).

Well, I fell like someone who has been sent to search for water, and which have lost one's way in high mountains and deserts, and have to fight with problems I'd never expected to have... but I'm still alive ! Hello everybody ! So much time... I see that you have make a huge and amazing work!

I have found again the track of SOTT recently with Fulcanelli and Canseliet. I have catch this tiny "fil d'Ariane" and it lead me too gnosticism, Nag Hammadi codex, Eon Sophia, "Archontes", psychopaths and "Secret history of the world", in the same time, the increasing amount of earth changes etc.

So, it is not the place to talk about all what happens to me during my absence - and I'm not very talkative - english is a little bit "rusty" too, and I just want here to salute all the team I'd known : I hope you're all fine and stronger as never !

stardust said:
Well, I fell like someone who has been sent to search for water, and which have lost one's way in high mountains and deserts, and have to fight with problems I'd never expected to have... but I'm still alive ! Hello everybody ! So much time... I see that you have make a huge and amazing work!

I have found again the track of SOTT recently with Fulcanelli and Canseliet. I have catch this tiny "fil d'Ariane" and it lead me too gnosticism, Nag Hammadi codex, Eon Sophia, "Archontes", psychopaths and "Secret history of the world", in the same time, the increasing amount of earth changes etc.

So, it is not the place to talk about all what happens to me during my absence - and I'm not very talkative - english is a little bit "rusty" too, and I just want here to salute all the team I'd known : I hope you're all fine and stronger as never !

Welcome back!! It's good to see you here again. Believe it or not, I was thinking about you just this morning, and was wondering how you were doing. Hope you'll stay for a little while and post a little update if you want :) Lots of new information on many topics here - especially about diet, history and cognitive sciences. So take your pick and enjoy the reading, and the ride :flowers:

Adaryn said:
stardust said:

Welcome back!! It's good to see you here again. Believe it or not, I was thinking about you just this morning, and was wondering how you were doing. Hope you'll stay for a little while and post a little update if you want :) Lots of new information on many topics here - especially about diet, history and cognitive sciences. So take your pick and enjoy the reading, and the ride :flowers:

Another warm "Welcome back" or « Bon retour parmi nous » stardust ! I'm really happy to read you this morning and to see you here. :hug2:

Adaryn said:

Gandalf said:
Another warm "Welcome back" or « Bon retour parmi nous » stardust ! I'm really happy to read you this morning and to see you here. :hug2:

Thank you very much ! But I have a little problem : you've changed of nickname since all this time and I'm not sure of who is behind Adaryn ? But I guess that Gandalf is H, true or not ?

stardust said:
Thank you very much ! But I have a little problem : you've changed of nickname since all this time and I'm not sure of who is behind Adaryn ? But I guess that Gandalf is H, true or not ?

Nope behind Gandalf is someone on the other side of the pond.

Back
Top Bottom