About Fluoride

Marie said:
Hi Charles - thanks for the info. :)

Now this is completely off topic, but since you seem to be into chemistry, I and surely a lot of other people, especially in the Diet and Health forum, would be very interested in hearing a chemists point of view on such things as herbicides & pesticides, food additives and the likes. For example how about the claim from many reliable sources that aspartame can cause sudden death in otherwise healthy people? Is there any chemical basis for that?
No, Aspartam is not related to Fluor, but it does fit in this thread IMO, as I start to see it as a downright conspiracy, more so than a mere matter of diet and health.

Aspartam is not a plague. It kills massive amounts of people because of very diverse effects. If in the process you can debilitate people so that they go running into the open arms of big pharma to treat their chronic symptoms over many years, than you have a tool for population reduction that has the added advantage to bring in big bucks.
If you know that aspartam raises the level of dopamine and noradrenaline, and you if know that dopamine and noradrenaline are at the basis of the “falling in love” syndrome, than you know that you have a perfect tool in your hands for population control.
Some symptoms of this syndrome that will be well recognized by most of us :) are 1. Obsessive attention for small details and 2. the tendency to lose oneself in ever smaller details. 3. Feeling good about all and everything. 4. Lack of synthetic thinking. 5. And critical thinking is entirely down the drain.

Why is it that almost all allopathic syrups, and ALL antibiotics for children are still containing aspartam??? It is added for the taste ??? Bweurk, I never have been able to get that stuff passed my throat.
If I’d have some authority within the pharmaceutical industry, I would immediately stop adding something for the mere taste of it, the moment that there were even doubts about its safety. And the stage of doubt has long passed.

http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/aspartame.rtf

Charles said:
No, Aspartam is not related to Fluor, but it does fit in this thread IMO, as I start to see it as a downright conspiracy, more so than a mere matter of diet and health.
And aspartame is in so many products now, even ones that are not specifically "diet" foods or drinks. If it has documented detrimental health effects, yet it is included in so many products that such as chewing gum, vitamins and toothpaste, one has to wonder - why? Why not use one of the types of sugars instead in products that are not "diet"? Conspiracy is the best answer I can come up with.

Good link. I would like to quote it just a bit.

"Since millions of people consume this government approved, carcinogenic, mutagenic, neurotoxic, non-nutritive synthetic sweetener every day, we were also convinced aspartame is helping to DESTROY ENTIRE NATIONS... (Idaho Observer, P. O. Box 457, Spirit Lake, Idaho 83869, 208 255 – 2307)."

Hmmm... related thoughts: Recently the U.S. changed its laws so that food companies don't have to put food ingredients on labels. I think they will still put ingredients, only they'll have no liability regarding how thruthful those are. Even before that, food companies had been reported to mix aspartame with sugar in processed foods and not to report it on the labels. Brain lesions & tumors, anyone?

I believe they still have to put food ingredients on the labels. What the law dealt with was additional requirements of the individual states. So federal food labeling is still in effect.

Marie said:
Good link. I would like to quote it just a bit.

"Since millions of people consume this government approved, carcinogenic, mutagenic, neurotoxic, non-nutritive synthetic sweetener every day, we were also convinced aspartame is helping to DESTROY ENTIRE NATIONS... (Idaho Observer, P. O. Box 457, Spirit Lake, Idaho 83869, 208 255 – 2307)."

Hmmm... related thoughts: Recently the U.S. changed its laws so that food companies don't have to put food ingredients on labels. I think they will still put ingredients, only they'll have no liability regarding how thruthful those are. Even before that, food companies had been reported to mix aspartame with sugar in processed foods and not to report it on the labels. Brain lesions & tumors, anyone?

DonaldJHunt said:
I believe they still have to put food ingredients on the labels. What the law dealt with was additional requirements of the individual states. So federal food labeling is still in effect.
So, unless I am mistaken (I hope I am), while we all feel secure reading about the same old poisons in our foods, there can be a whole batch of new ones sneaking into our bodies (because I am suspecting such laws will travel to Europe mighty fast).

Ya know, I remeber watching Saturday morning cartoons as a kid, and one repetitive scene was a big weight falling on the unsuspecting cartoon patsy, who would however come out of it unscathed because : "Hey, what you don't know can't hurt you"...

Spry has is a line of fluoride-free dental products (toothpastes, washes, chewing gum), that contain xylitol, a sugar substitute that actually promotes dental health and has other benefits. www.xlear.com

anart said:
shellycheval said:
I pour a little hydrogen perxiod on my toothbrush, let the excess drip off, then sprinkle on a little baking soda and brush--teeth and mouth feel really clean! (use less soda and brush softer if you have soft/sensitive teeth)
shellycheval
That sounds like an interesting idea, I might try it. There is one natural toothpaste in the states that is carried by most healthfood stores - Tom's of Maine - it tastes terrible, but that's better than flouride - at least in my opinion.
I personally like the Tom's of Main spearmint anti-plaque/tartar control/whitening toothpaste. Another toothpaste I use is Powersmile by Jason (Natural Cosmetics) - the latter can be found at most Whole Foods stores in the US.

I read recently (on 3/21) that Colgate has bought Tom's of Maine, or at least has the majority stake.

Dominique.

I've been reading about the pituitary gland, pineal gland, melatonin, fluoride and found some interesting information that seems to connect some of the threads on the forum.
First is that flouride seems to concentrate in the pineal gland and affect the production of melatonin - hypothesized that tryptophan isn't being converted (metabolized) properly.

http://www.tuberose.com/Absurdities_Of_Fluoridation.html
2) It accumulates in our pineal gland, possibly lowering the production of melatonin a very important regulatory hormone (Luke, 1997, 2001).
http://www.townsendletter.com/Jan_2003/fluoridecontroversy0103.htm
Effect on the Pineal Gland
Another concern is fluoride’s effect on the pineal gland, a small but powerful structure located between the right and left hemispheres of the brain. The pineal gland secretes melatonin, a hormone that affects such functions as sleep cycles, jet lag, hybernation in animals, immunity and the onset of puberty. Jennifer Luke, PhD, found that the pineal gland attracts fluoride and thereby interferes with the functions of melatonin.73 In autopsy studies, she discovered extremely high concentrations of fluoride in the gland, averaging 9,000 ppm and reaching 21,000 ppm in some cases.74 In an accompanying study of fluoride-treated Mongolian gerbils (the animal considered most favorable for studying effects on the pineal gland), Luke found lower levels of melatonin and earlier onset of puberty. In addition, numerous studies have correlated insufficient melatonin production with an earlier-than-usual onset of puberty.75,76

http://www.fluorideaction.org/ifin-269.htm Fluoride & the Pineal Gland: Study Published in Caries Research (footnote 73) Luke hypothesizes that one of the four enzymes needed to convert the amino acid tryptophan (from the diet) into melatonin is being inhibited by fluoride. It could be one of the two enzymes which convert tryptophan to serotonin or one of the two which convert serotonin to melatonin..
What happens when tryptophan isn't being metabolized properly?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan
Tryptophan is an essential amino acid that humans cannot live without consuming. Amino acids function as building blocks in protein biosynthesis.
Tryptophan is a precursor for serotonin (a neurotransmitter), melatonin (a neurohormone), and niacin. The functional group of tryptophan is indole; see that article for more on its chemical properties.
Tryptophan has been implicated as a possible cause of schizophrenia in people who cannot metabolize it properly. When improperly metabolized, it creates a waste product in the brain that is toxic, causing hallucinations and delusions.
Flouride also affects the thyroid system which leads through the normal feedback system to abnormal function of the pituitary gland - which would seem to lead to abnormal function of the hypothalamus (http://www.fluoridealert.org/pesticides/effects.endocrine.hypothalm.htm). So the systems of the body are thrown out of whack seems to be part of the affect.

http://www.townsendletter.com/Jan_2003/fluoridecontroversy0103.htm Also, http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/thyroid/index.html (link found in Cass flouride post http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/fluoride.htm)
Effects on the Thyroid System
The supposedly safe fluoride levels in our water may pose a particular danger for any of the millions of people who suffer from thyroid disorders, reports Dr. Connett.46 He explains:
“Earlier in the 20th century, fluoride was prescribed by a number of European doctors to reduce the activity of the thyroid gland for those suffering from hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) (Merck Index, 1960, p. 952; Waldbott, et al., 1978, p. 163). With water fluoridation, we are forcing people to drink a thyroid-depressing medication which could serve to promote higher levels of hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) in the population, and all the subsequent problems related to this disorder….
“It bears noting that according to the Department of Health and Human Services (1991) fluoride exposure in fluoridated communities is estimated to range from 1.58 to 6.6 mg/day, which is a range that actually overlaps the dose (2.3 - 4.5 mg/day) shown to decrease the functioning of the human thyroid (Goletti & Joyet, 1958).47 This is a remarkable fact, and certainly deserves greater attention considering the rampant and increasing problem of hypothyroidism in the United States. (In 1999, the second most prescribed drug of the year was Synthroid, which is a hormone replacement drug used to treat an underactive thyroid.)” More than 20 million people in the US receive treatment for thyroid problems, and many others are thought to go undiagnosed.48 Keep in mind that 1 quart of water fluoridated at 1 ppm contains 1 milligram of fluoride.
Excess fluorine in drinking water was a risk factor for the more rapid development of thyroid pathology in a 1985 study. Water with a raised fluorine content resulted in several thyroid effects in healthy subjects, including an elevated production of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and a decrease in the concentration of T3 hormone, compared with healthy people who drank water with a normal concentration of fluorine.49 An elevated level of TSH reflects an underactivity of the thyroid system. The pituitary gland releases TSH to direct the thyroid to manufacture thyroid hormone, but if the thyroid is sluggish in its response, then the pituitary will release excess TSH (hence, the elevated level) to try to further stimulate thyroid activity.
A 1996 study of 165 aluminum production workers with signs of chronic fluoride intoxication found thyroid abnormalities as well. They included a moderate reduction of the thyroid’s iodine-absorbing function, low T3 hormone with a normal level of T4 hormone, and a slight increase of TSH concentration.50
A study of rats also found that fluoride caused a decrease in the levels of T3 and T4 hormones in plasma, a decrease in the free T4 index, and an increase in the T3-resin uptake ratio.51 In another study in which pregnant and lactating mice received fluoridated water, the pups had a 75% decrease in plasma free T4 at 14 days of age compared with a control group.52 A third study looked at the long-term effects of iodine and fluoride on the pathogenesis of goiters and fluorosis in mice. After 100 days of treatment, the fluoride showed some stimulatory effect on the thyroid in iodine-deficiency conditions and inhibitory effect in iodine-excess conditions.53

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pituitary_gland
The pituitary gland, or hypophysis, is an endocrine gland about the size of a pea that sits in the small, bony cavity (sella turcica) at the base of the brain. Its posterior lobe is connected to a part of the brain called the hypothalamus via the infundibulum (or stalk), giving rise to the tuberoinfundibular pathway. The posterior lobe is thus derived from neural ectoderm while the anterior lobe is derived from oral ectoderm. The anterior pituitary lobe receives releasing hormones from the hypothalamus via a portal vein system. The pituitary gland secretes hormones regulating a wide variety of bodily activities, including trophic hormones that stimulate other endocrine glands.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothalamus
The hypothalamus (from Greek ὑποθαλαμος = under the thalamus) is a region of the mammalian brain located below the thalamus, forming the major portion of the ventral region of the diencephalon and functioning to regulate certain metabolic processes and other autonomic activities. The hypothalamus links the nervous system to the endocrine system by synthesizing and secreting neurohormones, often called releasing hormones, as needed that control the secretion of hormones from the anterior pituitary gland — among them, gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). The neurons that secrete GnRH are linked to the limbic system, which is very involved in the control of emotions and sexual activity. The hypothalamus also controls body temperature, hunger and thirst, and circadian cycles.
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=851.msg4490#msg4490 Cell phone radiation shown to have affect on Melatonin output

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=832.msg4459#msg4459 Chemtrail clouds hiding things?

Cass transcripts: July 5, 1997
Q: (L) This couple of weeks that Ark spent in Dijon were miserable. What was the fundamental reason for these
conditions and this misery?
A: Near ELF transmitter. Also the water supply is loaded with fluoride.
Q: (L) Okay, I did some research on the Emerald Tablets and discovered...
A: Is this all you want to know about this? We suppose if we told you "Laura, a great big rock is about to fall on your
head," then you would say: "okay, now moving right along, about the Emerald tablets..."
Q: (L) Well, that was about Dijon. He is gone from Dijon now. Whatever it was in Gottingen, you said he would be gone
soon and not to worry. So... he is no longer near the ELF transmitter... he is no longer drinking the water...
A: Fluoride is toxic, and deposits in fatty tissues, and lymph system. Aside from the obvious possible negative
consequences, it can make one more susceptible to electromagnetic wave frequencies that are designed to make one open to mind alteration!
Some of my speculation is that fluoride is a major component to HAARP, mind control topic. What the article about cell phones and electromagnetic radiation and the info on fluoride affects on melatonin indicates to me is that the radiation reacts some how with fluoride to intensify the effect fluoride has in a person's system. If HAARP is pumping out tons of electromagnetic radiation and fluoride is induced in the population as a whole through water, etc., individuals subjected to both will be open to all forms of mind control - hallucinations, delusions, general disinterest, etc.

Couldn't find specific information on the internet on how fluoride reacts to electromagnetic radiation so just speculation, but found this interesting.
http://www.storysmith.net/Articles/Radiation burns.pdf
A third type of dosimeter that is replacing both the pencil dosimeter and the radiation badge dosimeter is the thermoluminescent dosimeter (TLD). This latest and most sophisticated entry into the field of dosimetry is a small chip made of lithium fluoride crystals. The principle behind the TLD is that the lithium fluoride crystal gives off light in an amount proportional to the amount of radiation impinging upon it. When excited by radiation, some of the electrons are raised to a higher energy level and remain at that level until they are heated. The TLDs are inserted into badge holders containing filters to help determine the type and energy of the ionizing radiation to which the badge was exposed.
This one made me laugh.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6616451.html
Electromagnetic radiation emitting toothbrush and dentifrice system

In the UK, Boots have their own brand of non-flouride toothpaste ('Smile'), been using it a while. I noticed sodium saccharin as an ingredient, which seems to be in most toothpastes. Would you consider it to have very little effect, or still consider looking for other alternatives?

Simple solution :D*

2 parts baking soda
1 part table salt
mix together.

Dip toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide then slightly into the powdered mix (not too much).
Good for the gums and keeps the teeth white. Not to mention healthier than toothpaste. For those with soft teeth, less salt.

Ringo said:
In the UK, Boots have their own brand of non-flouride toothpaste ('Smile'), been using it a while. I noticed sodium saccharin as an ingredient, which seems to be in most toothpastes. Would you consider it to have very little effect, or still consider looking for other alternatives?
saccharin? artificial sweetener? I don't like the sound of that, but honestly, I don't really know how bad it is or isn't ;)

There's a brand I use, available in the UK (in health food/natural medicine shops, not sure about supermarkets) called 'Kingfisher Natural Toothpaste' which lists all the ingredients and makes a big thing about it having only natural ingredients. It certainly doesn't have any saccharin in it.

or there's always baking soda, as per mudrabbit's suggestion. I've not tried that.

George Ure has this today http://urbansurvival.com/week.htm with some speculation about Flouride inhibiting endogenous (produced naturally within the body) DMT:

George Ure said:
I expect you don't wake up in the middle of the night thinking about this stuff like I do, but I've started doing a fair bit of study lately of DMT - the so-called "spirit molecule" produced by your body naturally and acting on various parts of your body including the spiritual "third eye." To be sure, it's a field where ayajuasca explorers have already gone, but I have no interest in "tripping out" - too much work to do on the farm (and still dealing with my email problems, so be patient with me). Still, low levels of DMR being normal, it may have something to do with precognition and other extra-normal perceptions.

So with this in mind (get it?), there has been some discussion on the net that even relatively low levels of fluoride in water can inhibit the small amount of DMT normally produced by people, such that even low levels of fluoride may inhibit DMT production and/or pineal gland functions. This, in turn has given rise to some interesting speculation as to the reason government wants to put fluoride in the nation's water supplies is to deal with "tooth decay" and the Centers for Disease Control is pushing (we suspect based on industry data) to fluoridate at least 75% of the nation's water supplied with fluoride by 2010.

I stopped using toothpaste because I didn't like the taste/feel... my mum told me to use sea salt (in water) instead, because that's what she used to do when she was a poor student. Seems a nice simple solution :)

I didn't know tea was all fluorided up! Eep... I drink quite a bit of it. The water supply where I live also has fluoride in it :/

mudrabbit said:
Simple solution :D*

2 parts baking soda
1 part table salt
mix together.

Dip toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide then slightly into the powdered mix (not too much).
Good for the gums and keeps the teeth white. Not to mention healthier than toothpaste. For those with soft teeth, less salt.
Probably like many people it'd be hard to totally remove toothpaste all together from the household, there's too many family and friends coming and going who wouldn't understand, it would have to be a subtle change, like brand etc. I'll give it a go for myself though, and have to just try something natural for everyone else.

Without getting heavy or serious, have you ever warned someone they're eating/drinking something containing harmful toxins that are banned in certain countries (explaining what they are and the damage they cause)...then get a reply of concern that lasts for less than 30 seconds, before taking another swig or mouthful? I'd love to see that 30 second thought process on paper, just to see how exactly it always seems to equal total denial that it affects them. :)

Back
Top Bottom