About Fluoride

M

Marie

Some stuff I found on the net...

(Fluoride) is a misnomer - there is no such substance listed in the periodic chart of the elements, nor in the prestigious CRC handbook, nor in the sacred 'bible' of the pharmaceutical industry - the illustrious 'Merck Index'. Instead, we find a GAS called Fluorine - and from the use of this gas in various industries such as aluminum manufacturing and the nuclear industry -certain toxic byproducts are created which have 'captured' fluorine molecules. One such toxic, poisonous 'byproduct' is called sodium Fluoride - which according to the Merck Index is primarily used as rat and cockroach poison and is also the active ingredient in most toothpastes and as an "additive to drinking water". But sadly, there is much more to this sordid tale.
Did you know that sodium Fluoride is also one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC (FLUoxetene Hydrochloride) and Sarin Nerve Gas (Isopropyl-Methyl- Phosphoryl FLUORIDE) - (Yes, folks the same Sarin Nerve Gas that terrorists released on a crowded Japanese subway train!). Let me repeat: the truth the American public needs to understand is the fact that Sodium Fluoride is nothing more (or less) than a hazardous waste by-product of the nuclear and aluminum industries. In addition to being the primary ingredient in rat and cockroach poisons, it is also a main ingredient in anesthetic, hypnotic, and psychiatric drugs as well as military NERVE GAS!
Concerning the 'practice' of putting sodium fluoride into drinking water, where did this insanity begin and WHO tried it first? From personal research, the very first occurrence of purposefully putting sodium fluoride into drinking water was in the German ghettos and in Nazi Germany's infamous prison camps. The Gestapo you see had little concern about sodium fluoride's 'supposed' effect on children's teeth; instead, their reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to STERILIZE HUMANS and force the people in their concentration camps into calm, bovine, submission. (See for reference: "The Crime and Punishment of I.G. Farben" written by Joseph Borkin.) Kind of shocking isn't it folks!!

Quoted from: http://www.taxtyranny.ca/images/HTML/Fluoride/Articles/TruthaboutFluoride.pdf

There's also a nice little fact sheet at:

http://www.greenparty.org.uk/files/reports/2003/TruthDecay2.pdf

Anyway, here's an "old wives" alternative to fluoride toothpaste: Sodium Bicarbonate - Baking Soda. It's non-toxic and it used to be the toothpaste of choice. It shouldn't be used by people who have high blood pressure or who need to watch their sodium (salt) intake for any reason.

Baking soda can also be used as a replacement for household cleaner - and it should be said, chemical household cleaner is not *half* as harmless as we would like to believe they are.

I've read a story of sodium fluoride at www.viewzone.com about two years ago and instantly stopped using tootpaste (it's hard to find one without that poison). I just wash my teeth with wet toothbrush, or use wooden toothpicks and guess what - NO NEW CAVITIES.

Check it out for yourself.

cheers,

p.s. Of course, lack of new cavities doesn't prove anything, because there are many other factors influencing condition of teeth, but, imho, it's quite good indicator, that something smells fishy with fluoride "miracle" cure ;)

I read about this awhile back and stopped using fluoride toothpaste. Although I did use it for many years and also may have ingested fluoridated water as a child. /Sigh. I hope my brain has not been permanently damaged by that stuff.

Recently I have noticed at the grocery stores in the US, they sell fluoridated bottled water - for children I guess. Very sad.

Hi everyone,

I use Vicco (http://www.viccolabs.com/paste.php) toothpaste and I have found it to be an excellent product. It was diffcult to find but I did eventually found it in a big department store back in Singapore where I used to live. I was just out looking for a toothpaste that did not contain flouride and I was certainly not looking for an ayurvedic product.

Have been using it for almost a year and half and I have found it to be very good. On my last visit to the dentist, he was quite surprised that my teeth didn't need much cleaning and he commented that I didn't have anymore cigarettes stains ( and I am a smoker and still am)!!! He also commented that my gums and teeth in generally looked very healthy. I guess thats a good enough endorsement for me.

I've been using fluoride free toothpaste for a few years and my teeth are in good conditions.
BTW don't forget tea! It's a source of fluoride too. Oolong tea has the least amount of fluoride.

I pour a little hydrogen perxiod on my toothbrush, let the excess drip off, then sprinkle on a little baking soda and brush--teeth and mouth feel really clean! (use less soda and brush softer if you have soft/sensitive teeth)
shellycheval

BTW don't forget tea! It's a source of fluoride too. Oolong tea has the least amount of fluoride.
What?? I love strong tea and drink lot of it. Well, this is where it's ends... Thanks :)
I've found this site: http://www.mercola.com/2000/sep/10/green_tea_fluoride_thyroid.htm
Even a green tea contains high levels of fluoride.

From my university library I found a research journal regarding the content of fluoride in tea. Oolong has the least amount of fluoride and its close to green tea in terms of taste. It happens to be my favorite tea, so I don't mind.

Tom's of Maine has a few brands of toothpaste that don't have flouride
http://www.tomsofmaine.com/toms/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=400

In the past my teeth would hurt or ache, I found after I stopped drinking products with aspartame (diet cokes mostly), using products with flouride (toothpaste, etc) and switched to natural tobacco that my teeth stopped hurting. I think the aspartame and the flouride were the main culprits.
Since I started using the Tom's of Maine, I've noticed that I don't have the same build up of coffee and cigarette stains.

I saw the Flouride baby water in the store a couple of months back and could only shake my head. When I switched to Tom's of Maine about a year back, I went to buy some Flintstones Vitamins out of nastalgia and discovered that they contain Aspartame - how many of them did I take as a kid?

Sounds like there are alternatives to fluoridated toothpastes. Health food stores should stock at least 3-4 brands of certified organic flouride-free toothpaste. That is the case in Australia and I hope it is the case in other countries also. The trick, however, is finding one that doesn't taste like liquified cardboard.

Speaking of aspartame, is it actually listed as an ingredient on soft drinks? I haven't found it listed on any product except for artificial sweetener products so I have simply avoided soft drinks altogether - and anything that isn't naturally sweetened for that matter.

shellycheval said:
I pour a little hydrogen perxiod on my toothbrush, let the excess drip off, then sprinkle on a little baking soda and brush--teeth and mouth feel really clean! (use less soda and brush softer if you have soft/sensitive teeth)
shellycheval
That sounds like an interesting idea, I might try it. There is one natural toothpaste in the states that is carried by most healthfood stores - Tom's of Maine - it tastes terrible, but that's better than flouride - at least in my opinion.

anart said:
That sounds like an interesting idea, I might try it. There is one natural toothpaste in the states that is carried by most healthfood stores - Tom's of Maine - it tastes terrible, but that's better than flouride - at least in my opinion.
Hi,
Try Tom's of Maine Silly Strawberry (it's for kids but they make a fluoride-free version) or Cinnamint. They aren't quite so bad. :)

I am very happy with
Dentoblan or Perblan (store chain Carrefour in France and Belgium)

- NO fluor
- No aspartam
- No alumina salts
- No triclosan :

scent_sprays2.jpg

which is closely related to dioxin
kuva4.jpg

- Very dry powder and therefore no need for preservatives.
- powder that upon contact creates foam because of a cocoa based sodium cocoylméthyltaurate
instead of a petrochemically based lauryl sulphate
- Calcium carbonate as abrasive (this is slightly more aggressive and particularly interesting for removing plaque due to coffee, tea, smoking and ... wine ;-)
- Xylitol
- A bunch of herb extracts : Chamomilla officinalis, Hamamelis Virginiana, Potentilla erecta, Rosmarinus officinalis, Melissa officinalis, Aroma mentha, Aroma glycyrriza, Salvia Officinalis, Aroma Citreum

Small remark to Marie from the start of this thread:
Fluoride does exist. It is the anion of Fluorine.
Much as Chloride is the anion of Chlorine.

Hi Charles - thanks for the info. :)

Now this is completely off topic, but since you seem to be into chemistry, I and surely a lot of other people, especially in the Diet and Health forum, would be very interested in hearing a chemists point of view on such things as herbicides & pesticides, food additives and the likes. For example how about the claim from many reliable sources that aspartame can cause sudden death in otherwise healthy people? Is there any chemical basis for that? And how about this folk thing I've been taught that says white sugar, white flour and alcohol are only a molecular tweak away from each other?

Of course it's possible you specialized in something entirely different, but if you have studied those or similar subjects I for one would be most interested to hear about it.

Back
Top Bottom