www.myprotein.co.uk - vitamins, minerals and amino acids (UK and EU delivery)

RedFox

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I had been getting my supplements from the high street (Holland and Barrett's) here in the UK, unfortunately they didn't have all the amino acids needed and worse of all most of them are full of fillers (magnesium sterate, silicon dioxide, titanium dioxide etc)
So I spent some time last month searching for suppliers of pure (powdered) vitamins/minerals/amino acids. I was also trying to find a supplier of NAC in powder form (so it could be used in a nasal spray or nebuliser should there be problems with flu related respiratory conditions).

In the end I found _www.myprotein.co.uk
*edited link as it doesn't work without www*
I have only ordered some amino acids and minerals so far, but there price and speed of delivery (ordered 10pm and it arrived next day!) seem pretty good by comparison to other suppliers. More so I can get almost everything needed for the detox shake etc in pure (powder) form from there. This was my main goal :)
They do supply vitamins in tablet form, however it is best to check the ingredients as they appear to have fillers in.

They also offer a reward scheme. 1 point for every £1 spent, and a 5% discount for introducing friends (with 5 points to you for every £1 your friend spends). I can post my referrer code if its appropriate to do so?

I'm very pleased so far so thought I'd pass on what I've found. As always please do your own research, but may be a good starting point.

Re: myprotein.co.uk - vitamins, minerals and amino acids (UK and EU delivery)

I'll be checking them out, thanks.

I check the page. "I don't like it". I see some undesired 'other ingredients' (like maltodextrin). I also found a lack of information such as "Soy" is present or not. I'm sure it is present on some pills, but no info is available.

I started with this brand: _http://bonusan.nl
For me: 100% trustworkthy.
Only adverse reaction on Vitamin E-1000 (pure Soy). Now discarded.

Recently I started with this one: _http://www.newrootsherbal.com
This presents specific products for anti candida, heavy detox, etc. (very interesting).
Nonetheless I'm still testing it so I cannot recommend.

jordifs said:
I check the page. "I don't like it". I see some undesired 'other ingredients' (like maltodextrin). I also found a lack of information such as "Soy" is present or not. I'm sure it is present on some pills, but no info is available.

Agreed, but its best source of pure (powdered) amino acids I've found. Its also the only place I could find pure NAC anywhere beyond looking to US imports.
Perhaps I should have been more explicit and say to ignore most of the products except the amino acids and a few other ingredients that come in pure (powder) form.
I've come to the conclusion that you can't get all the things you need for the detox etc from just one source. So far it covers most of the stuff for the detox shakes at least.
Jordifs, do you think the amino acids etc may have fillers/soy in? If I have made a mistake with these I would like to know so I can look elsewhere.

Redfox,

I'm still in the process of learning. Specifically on this vitamin and supplement issues. I dedicated my vacation on August to this matter (thanks to this Forum).

Comments:

1.- _myprotein.co.uk - Amino Acid Powder

It really looks great. Thanks for posting the link!

I do not think this powder contains any fillers at all. Look the paperback scanned on the image. Looks pure to me.

2.- _http://www.myprotein.co.uk/capsules-tablets-softgels/antioxidants_/k-rala/

I also found very interesting this product. I read it is much more effective than Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA).

I know this product with other name: R-Lipoic Acid.

3.- Adverse reactions - New Roots Herbal

After testing for few weeks I discovered some wierd reactions. At present day I'm investigating the cause.

I found the "AminoMix" item does not have the amino proportion that I would like to (on a 800mg dossage, some is >100mg, other <10mg).

I see that Glutamic Acid is the first in quantity. Researching I revised "MSG Hidden Names" and found Glutamic Acid as a must avoid.

Something I still do not understand because on Wiki it says Glutamic Acid is a non essential aminoacid the body can make.

At the same time about MSG I rediscovered to avoid "hidrolized protein".

The AminoMix label specify "hidrolyzed" for best absortion.

Which triggers to me the question of Spirulina pills (9g protein for each 15g). ¿Also hidrolized?

4.- Bonusan.nl - No longer trustworthy 100%

Revisiting the brand I consume. I discovered wierd things.

Look to product: "Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg". Filler: "Silicium Dioxide".

Looking just to Wikipedia, I cannot understand what the hell is doing inside a pill.

Same opinion applies for "Titanium dioxide" (a SOTT article tells it cause gene mutation).

The other mystical filler product is "Magnesium stearate". Wikipedia says it is not soluble in water, but safe for human consumption, used as a diluent. Useful for lubracting properties.

My opinion now: it stinks.

At last:

The Axis of Evil successfully polute everything. I will become crazy with all these doubts. I am very concerned as I invest 300 euros per month on pills.

My next target is a source of "Coenzyme Q10". Extremely expensive on a 80mg dossage.

A friend told me he tested a 1000mg dossage 3 times a day. The results were amazing ... but I want to see for my self before commenting.

Keep in touch.

Jordi FS

Revisiting sites I discovered now "NaturalNews". On a sponsored link it targets to "Carnivora.com".
This Carnivora site presents a product that looks promising. And it also speaks about "Stearate Magnesium" whichs says it is toxic, damage and kills cells in humans and animals. Also announce the product does not contain this Stearate Magnesium.
Nonetheless it says contains something known as "silica". Looking wikipedia it seems is the same as "Silicon Dioxide" which is also toxic, ¿I am right?

If any source for pure powder are found, please post it on the forum.

Thanks.

It's not about myprotein site, but since it's related and I didn't want to start new thread, I'm posting it here.

Just visited Dr. Mercola's site and found that Mercola.com is giving free shipping for orders anywhere in the World. I don't want this post to be treated as advertising, since I live in SE Europe and it's not easy in financial terms to put orders for US goods to be delivered in my country. And I think I'm not alone here with this kind of obstacle.

So if interested here is the link: _http://products.mercola.com/blackfriday.htm

There is also nice Thanksgiving video message of Dr. Mercola, which I found interesting, especially when he is talking of necessity to continue our "fight" against "them" with our greater numbers and increased sharing of information worldwide.

Regulattor said:
It's not about myprotein site, but since it's related and I didn't want to start new thread, I'm posting it here.

Just visited Dr. Mercola's site and found that Mercola.com is giving free shipping for orders anywhere in the World. I don't want this post to be treated as advertising, since I live in SE Europe and it's not easy in financial terms to put orders for US goods to be delivered in my country. And I think I'm not alone here with this kind of obstacle.

So if interested here is the link: _http://products.mercola.com/blackfriday.htm

There is also nice Thanksgiving video message of Dr. Mercola, which I found interesting, especially when he is talking of necessity to continue our "fight" against "them" with our greater numbers and increased sharing of information worldwide.

May i add that this offer expires december 2, 2009.

Another issue to comment. I have been taking a lot of pills over 2 months (up to 30 per day). At the beginning everything OK. Nonetheless I detected with time a lack of hunger. I stopped eating just to eat when my body requested it. I realised can stay for an entire week just eating once or twice. At the same time I feel something weird, light fever even no eating for days. At the end I stopped taking pills 5 days ago. I recovered hunger and I'm now eating normally.

My experience is limited to "Bonusan" pills with filler "Stearate Magnesium" only. No other filler like titanium dioxide or silicon dioxide present. So be aware!!! My experience is bad and I'm now on the process of throwing everything to trash. Looking Mercola site now.

Thanks to all for general info and comments, specifically for Mercola site.

jordifs said:
Another issue to comment. I have been taking a lot of pills over 2 months (up to 30 per day). At the beginning everything OK. Nonetheless I detected with time a lack of hunger. I stopped eating just to eat when my body requested it. I realised can stay for an entire week just eating once or twice. At the same time I feel something weird, light fever even no eating for days. At the end I stopped taking pills 5 days ago. I recovered hunger and I'm now eating normally.

My experience is limited to "Bonusan" pills with filler "Stearate Magnesium" only. No other filler like titanium dioxide or silicon dioxide present. So be aware!!! My experience is bad and I'm now on the process of throwing everything to trash. Looking Mercola site now.

I'm curious about why you were taking 30 pills a day - and why you were not eating?? It's vitally important to pay attention to what your body is saying regarding supplementation and to not just take a bunch of pills because you've read they might be good for you.

If your appetite dropped to where you were eating minimally for that long, it was a signal that something was wrong, so it's great you acted on that and stopped taking the pills.

Just as an example, I take - maximum - 11 to 14 pills over a whole day and that is when I'm taking them all. Some days I only take 3 or 4 to just get the essentials.

The core idea here is to become aware of your own physical state and health and supplement only what is appropriate. The Ultra Mind Quiz is a help with that.

anart said:
jordifs said:

[...]

The core idea here is to become aware of your own physical state and health and supplement only what is appropriate. The Ultra Mind Quiz is a help with that.

Hi jordiffs,

here is the link to the quizzies: http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=11672.0

Dr. Hyman created them and brought up the most important stuff your body needs (fats, neurotransmitters, minerals, vitamins...).

I understand your point. It is my first detox plan. I learned on August and started on September (2009).
My overall results is outstanding. I got rid of a bunch of symptoms, allergies. For instance my noose is half obstructed. It is very rare to breath at full capacity. With some pills I recovered this full capacity in less than an hour. The duration of the 'good' effect varies. I have 2 tooth fillings, may be with toxic fillings like mercury. So I understand now I'm being intoxicated every minute. It is a must for me to help the body detoxify. This is present in my life since a child. Also with pills I recovered hair feeling over all my body, much more sensible. I also saw that my fingernails grow in just a week (instead of a month).

About Hunger. I realized January 2009, when changed to a vegan diet (almost) that I: lost weight, felt better, and after a month I felt less hunger. It was weird but I stopped taking the dinner and reduced the launch (less quantity). It is not a decision I make, it is the body that did not ask me to feed it. A friend said to me that we must feed ourselves when our body ask us to do it, not when society tells us is the 'right time'.

Recently this month I experienced increased sensations. I performed meditation with a medium that says introduce Reiki symbols in my body. I know that something is happening, may be as I evolve. Nonetheless I also read about Sun gazing one important effect: less hunger. I just crossed ideas and did not associate, at first time, that eating less was dangerous. Another concept: the less food you eat, the less toxics you ingest. I do not cultivate my food, I have to buy it.

I do not trust the diet can provide all that the body needs, just one part. Finding a trustworthy source is really difficult. For instance when in this forum you look to supplements and find out that you may need this or the other. The important issue to take into consideration is that people needs also to know where to find them. As I'm aware now, most of them are polluted, with toxic waste you don't want to eat. It is a combination of factors, all are important.

This post, precisely, targets one issue. ¿Where to find the right supplements?

Hi jordifs

Have you read the Important threads for Diet and Health?
More specifically, have you read Comments and Warnings About Diets and Supplementation?? This post I think is very important for you to read.

The health section of this forum provides a wealth of information on such things as diet and detox. However using the forum alone, or perhaps just searching websites for recommendations alone is not enough. I use to do this and at best it was naive, and at worst it was dangerous for my health.
So if this is what you are doing, you need to perhaps take a step back from your supplements (perhaps even stop them for a while) and get some of the recommended Books on health and put together what works for you.

Detoxify or Die - Sherry Rogers
UltraMind Solution - Mark Hyman
Magnesium Miracle - Carolyn Dean
Alphalipoic Acid - Bert Berkson
Fat Resistance Diet - Leo Galland

You mention becoming Vegan. Two things to consider in this regard. Firstly Soy is VERY Dangerous. Secondly your blood type may be incompatible with eating just vegetables, if you are blood type O you are genetically predisposed to eat meat (and suffer poor health if you don't). To check out the blood type influence on your diet you can read Eat Right for Your Type by Peter J. D'Adamo.

Now, if your goal is to detox then I can suggest a few things you look into (please do your own research) that will detox you Way better than Just supplements.
Diet. Cut out all the bad stuff (i.e. gluten, dairy, alcohol, soy, MSG, sugar, any processed foods etc). Eat organic or fresh. Check the books and the threads for more info on this.
FAR Infra Red sauna. This is a great way to detox (read Detox or Die for the protocols for using it).
Coffee enema. I've not done them myself but from what I've read they are Really good at detoxing.
Have your fillings replaced.
Remove fluoride from your life (toothpaste and possible in your water supply).
Reduce the amount of chemicals you use to wash your body/hair/clothes with. Your skin does tend to absorb what it comes in contact with.

Your never going to be able cut out the toxins in your life, we live in a sea of them. But you can help remove them easily, and reduce the number of toxins you take into your body by having a good diet.
You can get most of what you need through your diet....infact with the proper diet probably you don't need any supplements. But this is just my understanding for where I am in researching all this.

But fwiw I would strongly suggest you take stock, step back and look at other things in your life beyond supplements. And definitely read the books! Stopping the supplements for a month or two while you read (the books are cheaper than what you've spent on supplements!) won't do you any harm.
Once you've done that, you can perhaps worry about where to get the right supplements? (Some of those books suggest good suppliers).

RedFox said:
Hi jordifs

Have you read the Important threads for Diet and Health?
More specifically, have you read Comments and Warnings About Diets and Supplementation?? This post I think is very important for you to read.

The health section of this forum provides a wealth of information on such things as diet and detox. However using the forum alone, or perhaps just searching websites for recommendations alone is not enough. I use to do this and at best it was naive, and at worst it was dangerous for my health.
So if this is what you are doing, you need to perhaps take a step back from your supplements (perhaps even stop them for a while) and get some of the recommended Books on health and put together what works for you.

[...]

Thank you Redfox for that, it's a very good summing up!

Jordifs, as Redfox wrote, it's a long way to go, many steps have to be done and a lot of reading, contemplating and adjusting: to learn to read YOUR bodies signals. Sometimes I'm feeling the same, it has to go fast and all at once, but it simply doesn't, too many -signs- would be missed.
In addition there are also many, many beliefs going on in oneself, which have to be identified and then added with new and objective data. It's a big work in progress and this network here, can be of help.

I like to quote something from Laura, I find very helpful and maybe fits to your present situation:

Laura said:
Let me reaffirm the fact that detox does NOT happen in a hurry though you can get significant and dramatic results in just a few weeks. Even then, you have to keep going. I've described the attitude that I have taken about it that makes it easier: I just decided that there are foods that are acceptable/healthy and those that are toxic and unacceptable. The acceptable/healthy foods lead to life and a new reality; the unacceptable foods are death and part of the dying reality. So, based on "Life is religion - those who pay close attention to reality right and left become the reality of the future" - I eat only those foods that are part of a non-toxic healthy reality. That's it, period. I do not want to participate in that other reality at all except to know about it so that I can avoid it.

That being said, it may help to pretend that you are a visitor from another planet and you have found that most of the food on this planet is poisonous to you and you have been challenged to find foods that are similar to what you ate on your home world and create a tasty cuisine from them. It's not easy, but it can be done. You can replicate the foods of the STO world you came from here and now with just a little bit of research and creativity.

Knowing that those foods produced by big, evil corporations, and eaten by the ignorant masses, really are toxic should make the choice to live in this new reality easier.

I've been on the detox diet for 15 months now and I still have a ways to go, but every day I see myself moving another step out of that old, toxic reality, and being more firmly positioned in the new one mentally, emotionally, and physically.

In a very real sense, you DO create your own reality, it's just NOT done the way the New Agers propose. Faith isn't going to detox you, but active participation in a detox regime will!

RedFox said:

Detoxify or Die - Sherry Rogers
UltraMind Solution - Mark Hyman
Magnesium Miracle - Carolyn Dean
Alphalipoic Acid - Bert Berkson
Fat Resistance Diet - Leo Galland

I was thinking about the standard introduction or hello for New people and that maybe we should also include a big five book list for health similar to the big five psychology books:

Megapode said:
You'll also find frequent references on the forum to the "Big Five" psychology books, which are extremely helpful tools towards acquiring a basic understanding of your own "machine". Should you decide to explore those books at some point in the future, Laura suggests that they be read in the following order: The Myth of Sanity by Martha Stout; The Narcissistic Family by Stephanie Donaldson-Pressman & Robert M. Pressman; Trapped in The Mirror by Elan Golomb; Unholy Hungers by Barbara Hort; and In Sheep's Clothing by George K. Simon.

I'm finding as I continue reading 'The UltraMind Solution' that it is a truly amazing book that I think everyone should read and builds upon the information that Sherry Rogers provides in many of her books.

Back
Top Bottom