Wonderful tonight... (testing my new microphone)

Mililea-I had no idea your husband Stefan died-how very sad. But what a beautiful and sweet video you have made!
Thank you very much, yes, I have only written in the private part of the forum so far, to be able to really write EVERYTHING from my soul... It was very unexpected but in the meantime I am out of the biggest hole and start to rearrange my new life alone.

It's wonderful and sad, Mililea.
Thank you for sharing from yourself. With your allowance I send you hugs.
But I must say, that I like it how it is now... except all the wrinkles and signs of my age in the video :lol: Big hugs to you all..
It's just the age of wisdom coming through. You look beautiful!

Right now I'm reading Stafford Betty's 2 books about the afterlife ('Afterlife unveiled', 'Heaven and Hell unveiled') just to put things into perspective again. I find these books to be of great solace.
Much love and strength to you.

Wow, there were too many comments to get through them all. You have a beautiful voice. I so miss my microphones and recording equipment (well, laptop 🤣). Out of desperation, I signed up to BandLab, and have been using my smartphone to make songs. I can't stay away for too long from writing and recording. 😊 Again, my compliments! Oh, I didn't through all the comments, so I don't know if anyone asked you if you ever write your own songs?

no I haven't written own songs yet.
That's great that you're open to future possibilities. There's a kind of literal sense to "finding your voice" when you write your own songs. I'm the opposite, with regards to your talent. You have a wonderful voice, and can do other people's songs. I have a mediocre voice when it comes to singing, a powerful voice when it comes to rapping and a terrible voice when it comes to singing songs by other artists.

Hip Hop and R&B are my genre, although I recently got a strong urge to attempt to create a Blues track. I've got the instrumentals ready, but I need to find the right words and tone. Hip Hop is easy for me because I've been doing it since I was little. What I love about Hip Hop so much is that every kind of voice has a chance to be great. No matter how badly your singing voice is, when rapping, whatever voice you have works, sound-wise. Then it becomes a question of your poetic ability to create verses, and then the rhythmic ability to accompany the beat.

I only recently began working on R&B songs, as I grew up with that genre, so I know what a good song should or could sound like. The thing is, I have always convinced myself that I could not sing R&B because I could not match the quality of the original singers. Then I tried to make my own song and I realized that my voice sounded okay when I wasn't comparing it to someone else's. In the past, having access to new instrumentals was impossible unless you had a producer, so I never thought about even trying. But nowadays you can find them, in all genres, and so I've been able to branch out a bit.

When it comes to covers, there's a kind of unwritten rule in Hip Hop that you don't do other people's raps. This is why there are virtually no remakes of old Hip Hop songs. Besides, Hip Hop music is different in that you can actually take someone else's instrumentals and write new original verses to them; and if they're good, it's acceptable. You can't really do that with other genres.

One of the things that gave me a lot of courage in the past to continue improving my rapping and singing is something I learned from the work of Hip Hop artist and philosopher KRS-ONE. In response to critics who were saying that rappers were not musicians, KRS-ONE responded that we are musicians, and our instrument is our voice. That really helped me a lot, because I understood what he meant. Whenever I have a new instrumental to work with, I listen carefully to the beat, melody, bassline and whatever other sounds are there, and then I adjust my voice to compliment those sounds, just as any musician would do with their instrument. It really made a difference in the quality and comfort of my songwriting.

You have a lovely voice, and I believe you could create an entire song with just your voice! And knowing how to lay multiple tracks means you could really get creative with it; not to mention the guitar and whatever else you can play. 😊

Back
Top Bottom