Wildlife and Natural Photography Pics

Always breathtaking Mr. Cyan! Your photos are wonderful! Thanks for sharing! :thup:

Thank you for sharing, Mr. Cyan. These are so beautiful - my favorites are the ballerina cranes and the fox. :clap:

Ant22 said:
I went through this entire thread over my breakfast this morning and it's full of really stunning photos! 987baz's photos in this post are gorgeous too, I love the ones titled "Wish", "Butterfly" and "Cactus". Colours in these photos are absolutely stunning!

[..]
I think I'll stop there cause otherwise I'll end up linking the entire thread to this post - but thank you for sharing everyone! :thup: It just goes to show that not everyone with a camera is a photographer, I'm sure I myself would not be able to take such stunning photos and capture colours so well.

Thanks Ant22 :) Like anything else photography is about understanding the craft, I'm sure you could learn to capture whatever you want, we all have different styles and interpret the world in different ways. I find this also shines in our art, if you like photography, just start taking pics, try to get some different angles, see things from a different point of view, play with colours, learn some photoshop skills or just document "reality" with no filters. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all :) I like looking at other peoples photo because for a moment I can see the world through their eyes.

aleana said:
Thank you for sharing, Mr. Cyan. These are so beautiful - my favorites are the ballerina cranes and the fox. :clap:

This photos are amazing Mr. Cyan, thanks for sharing!

I used to take pictures, and left my camera behind for a while now :( But more than wildlife I enjoy taking pictures of social environments so to speak, like people around my city where you can find lots of contrasts and stories to tell in one picture :) For example with this picture, which is one of the last one's I took. Things like Aztec dancers surrounded by the colonial architecture, I truly enjoy just sitting around and watching letting my imagination go with stories etc, hehe.

I would like to recommend to you guys whenever you get the time, if possible, this amazing series of mini documentaries of different type of photographers around the world. Understanding the story behind the pictures, the places and also the photographers makes the picture even more richer, IMO. Sometimes we get to see the pictures but we don't know what was truly behind it.

I truly enjoyed and I think some of you guys may like it also :)

https://youtu.be/zmegZSlJX0M

Attachments

• IMG_4674.JPG
    IMG_4674.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
987baz said:
Ant22 said:
I went through this entire thread over my breakfast this morning and it's full of really stunning photos! 987baz's photos in this post are gorgeous too, I love the ones titled "Wish", "Butterfly" and "Cactus". Colours in these photos are absolutely stunning!

[..]
I think I'll stop there cause otherwise I'll end up linking the entire thread to this post - but thank you for sharing everyone! :thup: It just goes to show that not everyone with a camera is a photographer, I'm sure I myself would not be able to take such stunning photos and capture colours so well.

Thanks Ant22 :) Like anything else photography is about understanding the craft, I'm sure you could learn to capture whatever you want, we all have different styles and interpret the world in different ways. I find this also shines in our art, if you like photography, just start taking pics, try to get some different angles, see things from a different point of view, play with colours, learn some photoshop skills or just document "reality" with no filters. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all :) I like looking at other peoples photo because for a moment I can see the world through their eyes.

Fully agree 987baz, thanks for the compliments Ant22; and I too am a big fan of pics of 987baz and Yas :). Like 987baz mentions above its definitely all about trying a new art/craft, and trying to express your feelings and views through photography. I reluctantly approached nature photography about 5 years ago, thinking that I had to somehow document all the beautiful animals and natural surroundings that I was seeing - and next thing I knew I was hooked for life ! Now its almost a form of meditation for me, as when im photographing in nature, my mind is very calm and intensely focused on the subject im photographing. I definitely recommend giving photography a try.

Thanks as well 987baz, Yas, Oxajil, aleana, and Marina 9 for the compliments, much appreciated :hug:

Marina9, thanks as well for posting the link to the documentary and the Aztec dancers pic; definitely going to view the photography documentary. About the pic of Aztec dancer's, was that taken in Mexico City near Templo Mayor ? I recall there were Aztec dancers there too, and it was really interesting to watch them.

I used to take pictures, and left my camera behind for a while now :( But more than wildlife I enjoy taking pictures of social environments so to speak, like people around my city where you can find lots of contrasts and stories to tell in one picture :) For example with this picture, which is one of the last one's I took. Things like Aztec dancers surrounded by the colonial architecture, I truly enjoy just sitting around and watching letting my imagination go with stories etc, hehe.

I would like to recommend to you guys whenever you get the time, if possible, this amazing series of mini documentaries of different type of photographers around the world. Understanding the story behind the pictures, the places and also the photographers makes the picture even more richer, IMO. Sometimes we get to see the pictures but we don't know what was truly behind it.

I truly enjoyed and I think some of you guys may like it also :)

Thanks for the doco link :) will have a watch when I get the chance.

I enjoy social environment picture taking too, there's something about capturing a moment, frozen in time!

If you haven't seen French film La Jetée, have a watch, it was made in 1962, as a short film, but purely using photographs, it was turned into the 12 Monkeys film.

La Jetee, 1962

https://youtu.be/6anMLFwHFqs

p.s. sorry to hijack our thread My Cyan, just thought you guys might enjoy this :)

Thank you for sharing your art, the environment you have travelled through Mr Cyan is really fantastic, I really liked the blizzarding kussharo with three differents layers.

Mr.Cyan said:
Marina9, thanks as well for posting the link to the documentary and the Aztec dancers pic; definitely going to view the photography documentary. About the pic of Aztec dancer's, was that taken in Mexico City near Templo Mayor ? I recall there were Aztec dancers there too, and it was really interesting to watch them.

You are very welcome Mr.Cyan :) And the picture was from Downtown Mexico, it's like 10 minutes or so from Templo Mayor, this group gathers around in front of the MUNAL museum, artisans sell crafts, old books, etc, it's a very nice place in Downtown :)

987baz said:
Thanks for the doco link :) will have a watch when I get the chance.

I enjoy social environment picture taking too, there's something about capturing a moment, frozen in time!

If you haven't seen French film La Jetée, have a watch, it was made in 1962, as a short film, but purely using photographs, it was turned into the 12 Monkeys film.

La Jetee, 1962

https://youtu.be/6anMLFwHFqs

p.s. sorry to hijack our thread My Cyan, just thought you guys might enjoy this :)

Welcome 987baz! It was some well spent minutes watching the doc, and thanks for sharing this! I had no idea about that short film. Interesting fact it was the inspiration for 12 monkeys! :thup:

Fabulous photos, Mr Cyan! - and with such great details captured of the Red Crowned Crane's, and birds feeding and in flight; foxes in snow etc., too.

Was out and about today and caught this little guy contently mowing down the grass and weeds - watched him for a bit and its amazing just how much they eat.

Attachments

• Grizzly .jpg
    Grizzly .jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 109
voyageur said:
Was out and about today and caught this little guy contently mowing down the grass and weeds - watched him for a bit and its amazing just how much they eat.

They're probably big and scary in real life but I just can't help wanting to give them a big bear hug when I see them in phptos :love:

I can totally relate to their eating a lot too :)

cool pic voyageur - looks like you got quite close to the grizzly before taking the pic :)

yeah nice one voyageur!! I hope you were using a long lens mate, from what i understand of these guys, they can be pretty dangerous!?

987baz said:
yeah nice one voyageur!! I hope you were using a long lens mate, from what i understand of these guys, they can be pretty dangerous!?

Yes, cool bear - a two year old likely that was just was kicked out by momma bear to figure things out, and more intent on eating grasses and roots than two legged beings. And yeah, a 400mm lens, and although close, a steel frame with four rubber tires in separation; it's just how I came across the little fella that day.

Generally, though, I've a little more respect for grizzly's than black bears, which can be much more unpredictable - more predatorial (yet don't underestimate either), at least that has been my experiences around their habitat.

Back
Top Bottom