Who's the culprit and how to remove them: Virus, Amoebas, Fungus, Candida

Nope! I doubt I have celiac... I'm a fan of bread, cereals, oats and pasta, and the quantities I eat are enough to kill a celiac person.

It is unlikely you have celiac, but I would not rule that our 100% - it is a bit of a chameleon.

But you could easily have non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS). And the fact that it started with a viral illness doesn’t rule that out either. Often if you have some ‘weakness’ in your system, it may get unmasked by some illness. The illness itself might go away, but the ‘unmasked’ condition remains - due to some inflammatory process that got triggered by the illness.

I myself have some NCGS, but wasn’t aware of this fact until I eliminated gluten totally for more than a few weeks. Suddenly symptoms that I would never have attributed to NCGS disappeared (prostatic symptoms, joint pain etc).

No matter what this is all about, it may be beneficial to give gluten a miss for a while. In some people nothing happens, and then you can move back into your bakery! 😂

Problem with grains in general is that they are hard to digest. So in your case, where you are at the moment, maybe leaving hard to digest foods out could be beneficial.

Other than that - one of the major things I have learnt about nutrition over the last 10 years of studying is - it is highly individual, and the variability between people is enormous! So there is really only one way to go - experiment and be prepared for this to be a long process until you get a feel for what works and what doesn’t.

And then things tend to move, too - what worked for me 10 years ago might today not work at all - or to simply put it differently - adjusting your nutrition to your body’s needs is a constant process that only will stop with your passing away …

I could sign myself under nickelbleu's post. The journey for me started in earnest when i ditched everything other than pork meat and fat for a couple weeks and then started introducing other foods one at a time. So called elimination diet. That's how i discovered what's ok and what makes me sick. Pork is as close to human tissue as possible, some heart valve implants are taken out of swines. Latest thing for me in the kitchen is that i cook meat almost all the time using steam pot.

It is unlikely you have celiac, but I would not rule that our 100% - it is a bit of a chameleon.

But you could easily have non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS). And the fact that it started with a viral illness doesn’t rule that out either. Often if you have some ‘weakness’ in your system, it may get unmasked by some illness. The illness itself might go away, but the ‘unmasked’ condition remains - due to some inflammatory process that got triggered by the illness.

I myself have some NCGS, but wasn’t aware of this fact until I eliminated gluten totally for more than a few weeks. Suddenly symptoms that I would never have attributed to NCGS disappeared (prostatic symptoms, joint pain etc).

No matter what this is all about, it may be beneficial to give gluten a miss for a while. In some people nothing happens, and then you can move back into your bakery! 😂

Problem with grains in general is that they are hard to digest. So in your case, where you are at the moment, maybe leaving hard to digest foods out could be beneficial.

Other than that - one of the major things I have learnt about nutrition over the last 10 years of studying is - it is highly individual, and the variability between people is enormous! So there is really only one way to go - experiment and be prepared for this to be a long process until you get a feel for what works and what doesn’t.

And then things tend to move, too - what worked for me 10 years ago might today not work at all - or to simply put it differently - adjusting your nutrition to your body’s needs is a constant process that only will stop with your passing away …
Most insightful! Thanks for your reply.
I was not aware of this condition: non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS)
I am planning to start with the plan from a book Laura suggested somewhere: "the ultra simple diet", which I think starts with a cleanse and discards everything hard to digest or potentially inflammatory. Then, I'll work my way from there.
I just need to finish the book first, wait for Christmas to be over, and prepare mentally (I might stuff myself with a few painful but delicious Ferrero Rocher on the way there 😂).
Since I wrote the first post, most acute symptoms disappeared, but I'm left with the usual problems: bloating, slow digestion, waking up with stiff/painfull hands/fingers, fatigue, etc.

I could sign myself under nickelbleu's post. The journey for me started in earnest when i ditched everything other than pork meat and fat for a couple weeks and then started introducing other foods one at a time. So called elimination diet. That's how i discovered what's ok and what makes me sick. Pork is as close to human tissue as possible, some heart valve implants are taken out of swines. Latest thing for me in the kitchen is that i cook meat almost all the time using steam pot.
That's very interesting! It sounds counterintuitive for me to hear about eating only pork, but I guess it could be a good lead. Thanks!

I am planning to start with the plan from a book Laura suggested somewhere: "the ultra simple diet", which I think starts with a cleanse and discards everything hard to digest or potentially inflammatory. Then, I'll work my way from there.
This sounds like a very good idea. As far as food intolerances are concerned there can be surprises left and right.

As for the iodine thread mentioned above: Imo the first 20 pages or so should give you a good introduction.

Most insightful! Thanks for your reply.
I was not aware of this condition: non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS)
I just need to finish the book first, wait for Christmas to be over, and prepare mentally (I might stuff myself with a few painful but delicious Ferrero Rocher on the way there 😂).
Since I wrote the first post, most acute symptoms disappeared, but I'm left with the usual problems: bloating, slow digestion, waking up with stiff/painfull hands/fingers, fatigue, etc.
the ferrero gives away you are a woman...

This sounds like a very good idea. As far as food intolerances are concerned there can be surprises left and right.

As for the iodine thread mentioned above: Imo the first 20 pages or so should give you a good introduction.
I second this for the iodine thread, but still read through the rest whenever you have free time. I've been bookmarking the page I'm on to keep track! There's a lot of good information on what kind of different reactions people had for detox so you might find something similar for yourself if you ever plan to introduce iodine

Back
Top Bottom