Whatever happened to......?

melatonin

Jedi Master
I remember a year or two ago i saw a massive two page spread in the daily mail paper (my dad buys it). It was an advertfor 9/11 truth, and said it was going to push the government to investigate it, buy going to the courts. (if i remember rightly).

When i saw this it made me feel very positive. Havent heard anything since. :(
Can anyone else remember this? I was thinking that this group must of been wealthy to have paid for an advert like that.

The Daily Mail (Mail Online) carries many stories on this subject. See:

_http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?pageOffset=&pageSize=&orderBy=relevDesc&searchPhrase=+%229%2F11+Truth%22&_channelshortname=on&_contenttype=on&dateupdated=&dateFrom=&dateTo=&_authornamef=on&_personnames=on&

So, which story would you be referring to?

Personally, I wouldn't invest any hope or any other emotion in anything published in any Main Stream Media, especially a tabloid and aimed at the "lower-middle class market resulting from mass education...". :)
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

Hi Bud,

It wasnt a story published by them, it was a full two page spread advert claiming that this organisation was going to find out the truth behind 9/11.

Yes, there have been a number of such ads. It's a waste of time and money but it's hard to convince the people who still believe that the system they have been told exists (but which actually doesn't) isn't going to help them fix anything. Look at moveon.org and their political campaigning. They collect tons of money, act as a lightning rod for angry people, but accomplish nothing.

Hi Laura,

Wow, thats pretty depressing. I guess part of me wants to believe that theres very powerful people who are fighting for good on this planet.

melatonin said:
Hi Laura,

Wow, thats pretty depressing. I guess part of me wants to believe that theres very powerful people who are fighting for good on this planet.

I know it's depressing. It depresses me. I've been reading "JFK and the Unspeakable" and I had to put it aside last night because it was just TOO depressing to read before sleeping.

I would LOVE to be able to believe that there are powerful, GOOD people, but it just does not seem to be the case. All the good ones get discovered and killed.

melatonin said:
I guess part of me wants to believe that theres very powerful people who are fighting for good on this planet.

I suppose there could be, but maybe they wouldn't be powerfully obvious or necessarily work in ways that are commonly familiar? For example, I was thinking that someone or a small group of someones who would take some action that neutralizes a certain individual or groups' criminal intent (even in politics or religion), could be in a "power position" (in some terms) and could be considered 'fighting for good', but how would we come to know about it?

So, that's a belief I have to some extent myself. Every now and then I think I see something happening that could only be explained in those terms and it helps fuel the flame of hope. Although it could be so, I don't think it's wishful thinking because I'm not investing anything in the idea, I'm just watching while I go about my business. :)

Back
Top Bottom