What is Your Personal Antiviral Protocol?

PopHistorian

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The question is "Do you have a personal antiviral protocol, something that actually works for you without fail when you feel cold or flu symptoms coming on?" I have one and will share it here. I do not know if all of the ingredients are essential or not because I simply stumbled upon this combination and have not experimented with variation (because it works and does not seem to hurt), but I have found, for two years now, that it works for me, overnight, without fail, if taken when symptoms present but are far from full-blown. Any symptoms that progress to the truly bothersome stage become unlikely to be reversed quickly.

My protocol is, taken twice per day, when symptoms present, and then taken for another day though symptoms have abated is:

- Zinc 30 mg
- D3 125 mcg
- K2 100 mcg
- Quercetin 1000mg
- Artemisinin 400 mg
- Andrographis 8000 mg
- Echninacea 900mg
- Goldenseal 900mg
- Olive Leaf 1500mg

This works for me reliably, overnight.

Context: D3 and K2 I take daily anyway, among many other supplements, but not the others listed above. I also take daily a homemade liposomal (so, who knows how liposomal it really is, but I have a powerful ultrasonic cleaner) brew made with powders of sunflower lecithin, sodium ascorbate and ascorbic acid, resveratrol, magnesium citrate, and glutathione and will double my intake of it if I feel cold/flu symptoms.

I am very curious about what others do to defeat cold/flu.

I haven't been sick (knock-knock) since June of 2021, but if I feel something maybe coming on, I take vit. C, zinc, and I have some drug store homeopathic cold tablets you dissolve under the tongue at the first sign of something amiss. I already take D and K, I just bought some gummies today that are a mixture of elderberry, zinc, D, and C. If it would progress into something, I'll get out the ivermectin. 😊

I don't have a protocol set in stone, but I try to implement different things because I've seen that different things work for different infections.

For example, I had one cold that only responded to liposomal vitamin C, and another where vitamin C did not relieve the symptoms at all, but sodium bicarbonate helped.

I have also tried artemisinin and quercetin without much success.

Other supplements that I take regularly, such as zinc, D3, K2, etc., I usually increase the dose when I feel weak.

I always try to stop the infection at the first sign of symptoms, but I observed that some infections are impossible to stop and nothing works no matter what I try and in what doses.

Thank you PopHistorian for sharing your protocol. I am curious how it would work for me so maybe I will try it in case of future cold.

I’ve found zinc, Nac, a giant jug of strong green tea drank throughout the day and elderberry (store bought syrup or my own brewed tea) work well but if that doesn’t kick it then I introduce goldenseal and oil of oregano (both as a tincture). If I’m feeling something starting in my throat I use a colloidal silver spray and I put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide 3% in my ears, which can in itself sometimes completely stop an infection as I tend to get post nasal drip leading to a cough and the silver spray/hydrogen peroxide puts a stop to that.

I don't have a specific antiviral protocol, although I have all kinds of supplements/anti-viral herbs like quercetin/olive leaf/grapeseed extract and so on, which I take on a regular basis.

But while looking at the rxeli website from our friends in Kazachstan I found this antiviral called Umifenovir that is used in Russia and China against all kinds of viruses, including the Covid. It's not very cheap, but I just wanted to throw it out here.

Indications for use​

– influenza A and B, acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI)

– as part of the complex therapy of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia and recurrent herpes infection

– prevention of influenza and SARS during the epidemic season

– prevention of postoperative infectious complications

– as part of the complex therapy of acute intestinal infections rotavirus etiology in children older than 6 years

I don't recommend chemical antivirals (the names ending by ...vir (@ Gwenllian), even if it comes from Russia.
For me:
ivermectine or chloroquine if symptoms are intense.
If not intense: Samozdrav several times in the day. By increasing CO2, you increase O2 and help immune system. Also inhalations (Mg, H2O2)

I don’t remember when Canker Sores, or Cold Sores appeared on my roof of my mouth, but, then later another one is on top of my front teeth, then another one was top of my right side of lip. So then I tried to get rid of them by using various herbs, but nothing worked
And then few days ago, I was tried to find the solution by re-reading my note-book about supplements, then I was thinking, L-Lysine might work! So, I took one that 500mg before went to bed. Then next morning when I woke up, I found all the canker sores were gone!

1. Supports a Healthy Gut​

2. Reduces Diabetes-Related Problems​

3. Increases Absorption of Calcium​

4. May Decrease Outbreak and Frequency of Cold Sores​

If you’ve heard of L-lysine before, it’s probably in conjunction with a natural cold sore remedy. Cold sores are a result of the herpes simplex-1 virus, also referred to as HSV-1, and around 67 percent of people under 50 are infected with the virus, even if they never display symptoms.

While research is inconsistent on the subject, most individuals who use L-lysine to treat cold sores find it to be very effective. Some studies support that L-lysine can help reduce the number of HSV outbreaks someone has, while others say that outbreaks happen at the same frequency but last a shorter period of time.

Experts generally agree that L-lysine is unlikely to completely stop outbreaks altogether but may aid in lessening their severity and/or frequency.

One study using a cream combining L-lysine with herbs and zinc found that 87 percent of patients saw their cold sores go away by day six of treatment. This is significant because these outbreaks usually last about 21 days.
The way this nutrient may fight cold sores is not entirely clear, but one such reason may be the way that it interacts with arginine, another amino acid that’s produced in small amounts within the body. Arginine has been shown to increase the replication rate of herpes virus cells, and high amounts of L-lysine in the body decrease the activity of arginine because they work against one another.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, I got sick 2 weeks ago. I takes vit C and sodium bicarbonate everyday but no matter what I do when I feel something coming I never can't seem to stop it, I also have quercetin, vit D, glutathion, nac, iodine.... I feel moral is also an important factor for the immune system.

The longest time frame I haven't gotten sick was from dec 2021 to april of this year. That timeperiods coincided with me following the cold therapy protocol from the C's (10°C for same minutes), so I guess that's something. Haven't done it since, It's dreadfull to think about.

Various - a very hot bath for at least half an hour with a kg of Baking Soda, or Epsom Salts (EO Nutrition protocol for detox).

Ivermectin from the farm supply. Isn't needed often but sometimes have to bring in the big guns when feeling staggered.

I use a similar range of supplements as mentioned by people above. I usually nclude for lungs, Mullein Leaf tincture. We'll switch back and forth between Andrographis and Goldenseal and Berberis tinctures if there's a length of time of symptoms.

Vitamin D3 up to as many as 9 x 1000 IU tabs, then decreasing as symptoms wane. Cod Liver Oil caps too. Ascorbic Acid up to 10,000 IU decreasing over the few days as symptoms decrease. I also take a detox tincture if it's some more heavy-duty infection, either Essiac or Burdock Root and Dandelion to help clear up the debris through kidneys, liver and lymph.

Gargle with Listerine, spray nose with Xlear - pronounced 'clear' - if mixing with groups of people during flu season. Xlear is a xyltol and Grapefruit mixture, the company offers the ingredients if you want to mix your own when you run out, Steve Kirsch did a substack with a principle in the Xlear company which was informative and encouraging. FYI the Xlear link: Xlear, Inc. - Xlear | Sinus Care, Dental Defense, & Natural Sweeteners

For Listerine, it's mentioned in studies in Dr. Mobeen Syed's video on mouth washes to shorten healing time and prevent spread of illness. My mom, a nurse, was a crusader with us on the use of Listerine. So it's part of the family tradition. Providone-Iodine did well in the studies in this video, too.

I use Listerine, the original formula, light yellow; the essential oils in it are thymol, eucalyptol and menthol. Will be blending my own without some of the other ingredients in it like Poloxymer and Caramel, now that I'm writing about it and looking up more about it.

What was the original Listerine?

Listerine, a mouthrinse composed of a mixture of essential oils, was created in 1879 and was originally formulated as a surgical antiseptic. In spite of its known antimicrobial properties it was thought of as a product in search of a use and promoted as a deterrent for halitosis and as a floor cleaner.
Floor cleaner???

@PopHistorian, thank you for this question.

For Listerine, it's mentioned in studies in Dr. Mobeen Syed's video on mouth washes to shorten healing time and prevent spread of illness. My mom, a nurse, was a crusader with us on the use of Listerine. So it's part of the family tradition. Providone-Iodine did well in the studies in this video, too.

Thats interesting. I just learned (from Dr. Klinghardt) how relevant it is to be aware that many viral species survive within the lymphnodes of the throat and neck. They can be longtime dormant. When immunity is down, they start to spread again. He -like in the video of Dr. Syed - also recommends the importance of mouthwashes, eg. a mixture of propolis and cistus incantus. (Haven´t tried it yet). I use Lugols Iodine. A few drops in a cup of water.

What newly really works for me, also for oral infections, is to treat the lymphnodes of the throat and neck.
What I found to be effective is to topically treat lymphnodes with anti inflammatory and anti viral essential oils. Up to now, these work for me well: Chios mastic (Pistacia lenticus), Wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), Copaiba (Copaifera officinalis).

I rub 1-2 drops on several points of the cervical lymph nodes (head and neck) and then several points on the body, chest, armpits, navel, etc. Applying the oils like this, seems to carry them throughout the entire lymph system. Somehow it feels like this :) And I use Chios Mastic, which has been used traditionally as an oral remedy, directly on the gums.

Not only did I get rid of a strongly upcoming flew within hours, there is a significant overal betterment, also of my oral, dental conditions.

I don't know if it really works, but in addition to the usual vitamin C and D3 (if it's winter) and zinc etc., I take garlic, raw garlic.
My oldest nephew has a really messy life, he even consumes a lot of alcohol (beer especially), but for a few years he has been consuming raw garlic in the mornings, and he has never had even a slight cold, while everyone here in my house, including me, we have even caught the famous bug (COVID), between 2019 and 2022, and he swims, and for the same reason, he less believes in vaccines. Without exaggeration, I think that for about 8 years or more that I have not seen him affected by any type of cold, in fact anything. Without exaggeration, I don't even remember the last time I saw him in bed or something like that, I have no memory of that, I even talked about it with my mother the other day, that he is a very strange case.

Since May 2022, which I was my last bad cold, I started with baking soda daily, and from then on, without any type of cold symptoms or anything, and I recently incorporated vitamin C.

He -like in the video of Dr. Syed - also recommends the importance of mouthwashes
Oh yes, I forgot to mention mouthwashes (and inhalations) of hydrogen peroxide (I also sometimes use Lugol's iodine) in my previous post. If used early enough, they are very successful in stopping an infection. Just add a few drops to a glass of water and gargle, and within minutes the sore throat is gone.

Back
Top Bottom