What goes around, comes around

OrangeScorpion

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I have obtained this phrase from this forum, specifically of the session of December 10, 1994.

I would like to know how to translate “what goes around, comes around” within the following context: STO is balance because you serve self through others. You are STS by being STO. Serve ourselves by serving others.

Thanks in advance.

Esta frase la he sacado de este foro, concretamente de la sesión del 10 de diciembre de 1994.

Me gustaría saber cómo traducir “Lo que va alrededor, vuelve alrededor” dentro del siguiente contexto: SAO es equilibrio, ya que se sirve a si mismo a través de otros. Usted es SAS siendo SAO. Nos servimos a nosotros mismos sirviendo a los demás.

Gracias de antemano.

La traducción “Lo que va alrededor, vuelve alrededor” no tiene sentido para mi. Creo entender a lo que se está refiriendo (si ayudas a los demás al final te ayudas a tu mismo) pero no encuentro la forma de expresarlo en castellano. Creo que una traducción más exacta me ayudaría a entender el concepto mejor.

OrangeScorpion said:
La traducción “Lo que va alrededor, vuelve alrededor” no tiene sentido para mi. Creo entender a lo que se está refiriendo (si ayudas a los demás al final te ayudas a tu mismo) pero no encuentro la forma de expresarlo en castellano. Creo que una traducción más exacta me ayudaría a entender el concepto mejor.

In fact it sounds weird in spanish, I also get the idea in english, but when you grabbed the concept and try to translate an idiomatic expression it is more difficult, in this forum http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1709 there are many examples, but from what they came up does not match from my point of view the mention concept of STS/STO…

And from this website http://www.fact-index.com/l/li/list_of_spanish_proverbs.html#List of refranes the translation would be:
A todo cerdo le llega su San Martín (Every pig has its San Martin's day) - What goes around, comes around.

But I think in this case as others, is in a negative way, in the context from what I understood is in a positive way.

There are many of sayings and proverbs on the web, but my time on internet is out, I can check that in another time, main while you can put it as you first came up with.

In STS, you take for yourself.
In STO, you give to other STO and the other STO give to other STO and by doing that they also give to you.
In other words, you receive form the universe what you give to the universe.
Entonces, usted recibe lo que da.

[quote author=OrangeScorpion]I would like to know how to translate “what goes around, comes around” within the following context: STO is balance because you serve self through others. You are STS by being STO. Serve ourselves by serving others.[/quote]

I don’t think this phrase is best for what you want to say about STO.

Its popular use conveys the meaning that justice will ultimately and automatically be done even if no conscious efforts from people see to it. A New Age idiom derived from a poor understanding of the complex doctrine of karma which if believed relieves one from social responsibility and denies the truth that evil has gone unaccountable for millennia.

It’s a cover for psychopaths.

It would be better to just say that within the STO dynamic energy is reciprocated, and is the way one serves self without destroying, but supporting others.

mabar said:
In fact it sounds weird in spanish, I also get the idea in english, but when you grabbed the concept and try to translate an idiomatic expression it is more difficult

Jerry said:
I don’t think this phrase is best for what you want to say about STO.

Its popular use conveys the meaning that justice will ultimately and automatically be done even if no conscious efforts from people see to it. A New Age idiom derived from a poor understanding of the complex doctrine of karma which if believed relieves one from social responsibility and denies the truth that evil has gone unaccountable for millennia.

It’s a cover for psychopaths.

It would be better to just say that within the STO dynamic energy is reciprocated, and is the way one serves self without destroying, but supporting others.

Me too I think that this phrase is inappropriate to explain STO. Terry used it twice during the session:

Yo también creo que la frase es inapropiada para explicar SAO. Terry la utilizó dos veces durante la sesión:

A: STO is balance because you serve self through others.

Q: (T) You have said a couple of times that you are STS by being STO. Is this not true?

A: Yes. Already answered.

Q: (T) Kind of like: what goes around, comes around?

A: Yes.

Q: (T) Is STO a means to an end for STS?

A: No. STO is balance. STS is imbalance.

Q: (T) How can you be STS through STO if STS is imbalance?

A: STO flows outward and touches all including point of origin, STS flows inward and touches only origin point.

Q: (T) Well, they refer in the material that I am reading through, that they are STS through STO. (L) They serve self BY serving others. (T) Is that what they mean? (L) Yeah. (T) Is that what we're supposed to do, serve ourselves by serving others? (T) Yeah! Because what goes around, comes around. If you serve others then you get things back. (F) Because when you serve yourself, all there is is an infinite number of individuals serving self. (T) There is no energy exchange, no synergy within the group; there is no exchange. (F) Everything moves inward. (T) There is no sharing, no growth, there is no nothing. (F) No interconnecting. (T) Right! There is no learning. (L) In terms of major STS, this may or may not be related, could you tell us the nature of a Black Hole?

A: Grand Scale STS.

mabar said:
http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1709

Thanks for the page. Very enlightening. I think "What Goes Around Comes Around" in this context means:

Gracias, por la página. Muy esclarecedora. Creo que "What goes around comes around" en este contexto significa lo siguiente:

wordreference.com

Implica un movimiento circular en el que en algún momento vas a regresar al punto donde empezaste. (Vejesto)

Se trata de un círculo o un ciclo (…) de un acto que en el futuro volverá de la misma manera (Yesi)

"What goes around comes around" is a contemporary way to say "As you sow, so shall you reap." If you do good, good comes to you. If you do evil, evil comes to you. (ghoti)

En Argentina es común escuchar "tirala buena que vuelve" entendiéndose que vuelve también buena. (Ines)

mkrnhr said:
In STS, you take for yourself.
In STO, you give to other STO and the other STO give to other STO and by doing that they also give to you.
In other words, you receive form the universe what you give to the universe.
Entonces, usted recibe lo que da.

lo mismo... toda la existencia esta dentro tuyo y viceversa...dale a la existencia y ella te dara a ti..eso es simbiosis!! ^_^ Saludos!!!!!

the same... all existence it`s inside of you and viceversa.... give to the existence and the existence will give to you.. this is simbiosis!! greetings!!! :D

STO UP!

OrangeScorpion said:
I have obtained this phrase from this forum, specifically of the session of December 10, 1994.

I would like to know how to translate “what goes around, comes around” within the following context: STO is balance because you serve self through others. You are STS by being STO. Serve ourselves by serving others.

Perhaps you can say "Cosecharás lo que siembres", or "A quien ayuda Dios lo ayuda" (instead of "A quien madruga..." ;), or "La vida te devuelve lo que ofreces"... I don't know the Spanish equivalent saying otherwise.

“La vida te devuelve lo que ofreces”

I think this would be, I had not come with another one similar. Some one lent my a book with sayings and proverbs, but it is like finding a needle in a barn, may be I will find it one day.

In my very particular point of view, I find the other two ones ("Cosecharás lo que siembres", or "A quien ayuda Dios lo ayuda" (instead of "A quien madruga..."), that I get in conflict with them regarding their “religious” origins by how they sound.

But they can work.

Back
Top Bottom