What are you listening to?

This one popped up in my youtube suggestions and is quite the trip down memory lane. Millie Small was 17 at the time, and I think she was the highest selling Jamaican artist at the time, and maybe still is. The first mainstream hit in the ska genre?

Supposedly Rod Stewart played the harmonica solo...

Last edited:
Black Sabbath, the riff monsters. This music is so heavy I feel like my head has a fishbowl on it afterwards. If you have bassy speakers it's possible to actually feel this music in your chest. I don't know if that's good for me but there you go. Sweet Leaf (A song written by bassist Geezer Butler about his love for tobacco apparently, though some people think it's about a certain herb.), and Into the Void, which is a brooding leviathan of a track musing on the collapse of civilisation. Their early albums were essential listening for me when I was about 23. Ah the memories. IMHO, this is not heavy metal, it's more like a strange kind of doom-rock. They are utterly unique. The third track is Supernaut, another monster riff runs through the track like a snake. :cool2: Probably not really popular on these boards but it is what I'm enjoying at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom