weird incident involving my cat

wildflowerkl said:
No guys, please go back the the FIRST conversation topic post.

wildflower, you seem to not be listening to the input you are receiving, and just assuming that you are being misunderstood. You are not being misunderstood.

wf said:
"In other words, if your knowledge and awareness of the reality lead you to the conclusion, via reason, that the reality is controlled, and you are not free within it, yet you can develop or comprehend the idea of a world that is NOT controlled, that is NOT limited, you can CHOOSE to align yourself with such a possible world in a deep and conscious way. This choice of alignment then becomes your connection to a THOUGHT CENTER. And the stronger your connection to the Thought Center, which is in the causal realm, the more it will manifest in your reality."

Which is true, but, as always the devil is in the details. Laura is not talking about shutting out a full one half of the Universe, which is entropy and destruction, because you don't want to look at and think that looking at it makes it 'real' - she is not talking about just deciding something and it is so, if you ignore what you don't want to see. Laura is talking about a Conscious choice and in order to make a Conscious choice, one must first be Conscious.

wf said:
I am an aware person and am doing the work to know more however I CHOOSE to not be food.

It would greatly benefit you to strongly consider the idea that you are dreaming that you are not food, and nothing more.

wildflowerkl said:
Hun, remember you are can spiral....once one bad thing happens it puts you on a frequency level that perpetuates more bad to happen. So please remember who you REALLY are and enjoy this life as a spiritual being experiencing this human life.... with a kitty who is alive and well! Don't spiral...down.....spiral up!

Hi wildflowerkl, I think there’s always the possibility that one can think that they are going up when they are really going in the opposite direction since (as I understood Gurdjieff to say) that we live in a ‘topsy turvy’ world and can easily fool ourselves. I think talking about spiritual beings "experiencing this human life” could be viewed from one perspective as being based on chemical emotions producing internal states or from another perspective where internal states produce the chemical emotions. There's more about this here at:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/cass/wave13g.htm that talks about the molecules of emotion. Also Michael Topper talks about “light eaters” which is discussed in the Adventures Series.

wildflowerkl said:
I am an aware person and am doing the work to know more however I CHOOSE to not be food.

Hmm. Could you please explain this a bit better? How do you know you are and aware person? Do you mean that you are aware of what is going on in the world, or that you are conscious, or...? Where is the point, in your opinion, where you become "aware"?

And how do you do the work? Alone?

Thanks for clarifying that.

If you CHOOSE to see your reality as we are all food when then you will experience that in this reality

This is like the famous "you create your own reality" thing. IMO, it is not as simple as that. I think one can have a certain amount of influence on certain outcomes in life when one's attitude is in accordance with knowledge of the Self and of the world. But just because you stop seeing the reality as we are all food, it doesn't mean that you stop being food. In fact, it's all the contrary.

Sometimes being sad about the state of reality is normal and even healthy! It doesn't mean that one goes down a spiral. I think you assumed too much from Deedlet's post.

wildflowerkl]If you CHOOSE to see your reality as we are all food when then you will experience that in this reality[/quote] This sounds to me like [url=http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/Wishful_Thinking]wishful thinking[/url] or a [url=http://www.cassiopedia.org/glossary/YCYOR]YCYOR[/url] (you create your own reality) thinking. [quote author=anart said:
wildflowerkl said:
"In other words, if your knowledge and awareness of the reality lead you to the conclusion, via reason, that the reality is controlled, and you are not free within it, yet you can develop or comprehend the idea of a world that is NOT controlled, that is NOT limited, you can CHOOSE to align yourself with such a possible world in a deep and conscious way. This choice of alignment then becomes your connection to a THOUGHT CENTER. And the stronger your connection to the Thought Center, which is in the causal realm, the more it will manifest in your reality."

Which is true, but, as always the devil is in the details. Laura is not talking about shutting out a full one half of the Universe, which is entropy and destruction, because you don't want to look at and think that looking at it makes it 'real' - she is not talking about just deciding something and it is so, if you ignore what you don't want to see. Laura is talking about a Conscious choice and in order to make a Conscious choice, one must first be Conscious.

wf said:

It would greatly benefit you to strongly consider the idea that you are dreaming that you are not food, and nothing more.
In my opinion, the key words in Laura's passage you quoted above are knowledge, awareness, reality and reason. And I share anart's understanding of same.
In that case, your choice is motivated by knowledge and awareness of REALITY as it is, not just what you want to see.

Marcus-Aurelius said:
anart said:
wf said:

In my opinion, the key words in Laura's passage you quoted above are knowledge, awareness, reality and reason. And I share anart's understanding of same.
In that case, your choice is motivated by knowledge and awareness of REALITY as it is, not just what you want to see.

a simple analogy might help: if you're standing on a railway line, and a train is coming, you can choose not be hit. But this doesn't involve anything to do with looking the other way, or thinking that 'there is no train', or just deciding that one does 'not wish to interact with the train', it involves being fully aware of the approaching train and what it will inevitably do to you in your current position, and knowing that the useful manouevre is to step off the track, and then consciously carrying out that (in this case very simple) manouevre.

Transferring this analogy into our full 3D (and above) environment - one has to seek the objective truth about the workings of reality, and the dynamics in a given situation in order to know what is the 'useful manouevre' that can be used. One cannot just 'choose not to be food' and it be automatically so, one has to know what that manouevre actually entails - not such a simple matter.

If I may ask a question about this thread, Deedlet where was the boy friend when the cat got injured and stuffed it's tail in it's own nose, and does he mind if the cat runs up and down the stairs in the middle of the night?

CampRunAMuck said:
If I may ask a question about this thread, Deedlet where was the boy friend when the cat got injured and stuffed it's tail in it's own nose, and does he mind if the cat runs up and down the stairs in the middle of the night?

Are you implying that Deedlet's boyfriend was responsible for the cat's injury?

Odyssey said:
CampRunAMuck said:

Are you implying that Deedlet's boyfriend was responsible for the cat's injury?

I am shocked no one has asked who else was in the house, and what were they doing. I am also sickened because this is the last place I thought I would find a thread like this with people entertaining "4-D" options before asking the obvious. The cats tail was stuck in her nose!

This was the first thread I read on this board besides the instruction threads and some newbie threads. I am so deeply shook by this I might as well leave now. Why am I not surprised *I* am rude for stating the obvious.

quote Deedlet
First thing I noticed was that her own nail was poked into the ridge of her nose

So it was her nail in her nose, not her tail. And as an FYI, Deedlet's boyfriend is a member of this forum.

CampRunAMuck said:
Ya, I meant nail. Yes, I see I was rude. ok... gone.

Well, that didn't take long. 'CampRunAMuck', it appears you are quite reactive. Is there a reason one simple question about your question (a question that implied that someone had injured the cat purposefully) caused you to become so offended that you stomp off in a huff?

I ask because this is quite an emotional reaction to a simple question. Are you often so ruled by your emotional reactions that you'd leave a forum in a huff over one question? That must be a very difficult way to live.

Back
Top Bottom