The World's Fair

Hey you guys that went to the Montreal expo, do any of you remember the UK exhibit?? It was insane and definitely a social engineering wake up call even though I was a 17 year old.
Nope, I don't think I even realized what the exhibits were about let alone if they were from different countries. My parents didn't enlighten me about any of it and I was only 11. :-[

Even Elvis got in on the act! :-D

Ithappenedattheworldsfair.jpg

See: elvis presley world's fair movie - Bing video

I thought the Parthenon in Nashville USA was a building from a world fair but apparently it was built for a centennial exposition in 1879. However, there are some (too few maybe?) monuments built for world fairs that are still in use today. Found this compilation (the post WW2 one are kind of lame for the most part): .https://blog.musement.com/us/iconic-worlds-fair-monuments-still-standing/
Curiously, I was only reading about this reconstruction of the Parthenon in Nashville recently. It is in fact a full scale replica of the original in Athens complete with a replica of the Athena Parthenos statue (erected though in 1990) that stood in the original Parthenon. Originally built of plaster, wood, and brick, the Nashville Parthenon was not intended to be permanent, but the cost of demolishing the structure combined with its popularity with residents and visitors alike resulted in it being left standing after the exposition.​

375px-Parthenon_Nashville.png

329px-Athena_Parthenos_LeQuire.jpg

The statue of Athena Parthenos is a reconstruction, to careful scholarly standards, of the long-lost original: she is cuirassed and helmeted, carries a shield on her left arm, a 6-foot-high (1.8 m) statue of Nike (Victory) in her right palm, and stands 42 feet (13 m) high, gilt with more than 8 pounds (3.6 kg) of gold leaf; an equally colossal serpent rears its head between her and her shield.​
Mention of the Parthenon makes me think of the enigmatic statement the C's made about the building in the session dated 16 August 1997:

Q: What is behind the little door in the Southern Shaft [of the Great Pyramid]?

A: Secrets of the Parthenon.

Q: What are the secrets of the Parthenon?

A: You will see.

Q: How will I see?

A: With your mind's eye.

This last point may relate to earlier comments in that session the C's had made about the Queen's Chamber and what is evidently hyperdimensional physics put into application within the Great Pyramid:
Q: That's the truth! Okay, we have this Orion Mystery book. It seems to have quite a bit of discussion on the shafts that hint at something you mentioned a long time ago. They say that the fellows who originally measured the shafts were in error and their measurements are accurate now. But, you mentioned that the shafts change position, so the previous, as well as the current measurements could BOTH be correct. Is that so?

A: Ultrasound reading showed inner chambers change in position.

Q: What were the functions of the so-called air shafts of these chambers. It seems that the southern shaft of the Queen's chamber orients to Sirius, and the southern shaft of the King's chamber orients to Orion, but only at certain times. What was the function of the orientation to these stars?

A: Stand within airshaft of the queen's chamber, and you shall not age.

Q: You can't do that... they are only about 22 cm square. And, the queen's chamber air shaft does not even open to the outside. And, up in this shaft, they have discovered a little door which has not, to my knowledge, been opened yet. Nevertheless, one could not stand in these shafts.

A: Why not?

Q: Because they are only 22 cm square!

A: You are allowing third density supposition to creep in.

If we relate this last statement and the earlier one relating to using "your mind's eye" to the Parthenon, then it begs the question whether there is something special about its design, which may link with hyperdimensional attributes such as those built into the Great Pyramid?

The Parthenon is built on a the great limestone rock, whereas the Great Pyramid is primarily built of limestone. It was not the first temple to have been constructed at the site for it had long been regarded a sacred place well before the Minoan and Mycenaean cultures that gave rise to the archaic Greek civilisation of the classical period. It was the Athenian leader Pericles who initiated the construction of the present standing temple of Athena in 447 BC after the destruction of two earlier temples dedicated to Athena by the Persians. Built by the architects Ictinus and Callicrates under the supervision of the sculptor Phidias, the temple is generally considered to be the culmination of the development of the Doric order, the simplest of the three classical Greek architectural styles.It was the supreme expression of the ancient Greek architectural genius and represents the marriage of simplicity and power. The key fact to take away though is that the Parthenon was built to extremely precise dimensions according to the mathematical ratios of sacred geometry.
59e8c2bb6f5edbc19fca45f42f290244.jpg

The same fact is true of the Great Pyramid and Stonehenge as well and a myriad of other ancient buildings and sacred sites. For the Greeks, it was Pythagoras and his followers who first highlighted the relationship between sacred geometry and the mathematical order inherent in material creation that was reflected right through nature, as well as in music (leading to his concept of the 'music of the spheres'). However, it is Euclid who is viewed today as the father of Greek geometry, although it is Plato that the Platonic solids are named after. To understand what the C's may be driving at above, I would quote the following useful summation of sacred geometry from a source I found recently:
Sacred geometry charts the unfolding of number in space. The basic journey is from the single point, into the line, out to the plane, through to the third dimension and beyond, eventually returning to the point again, watching what happens on the way.

Number, music, geometry, and cosmology or the four great liberal arts of the ancient world. These are simple universal languages, as relevant today as they have always been, and still found in all known sciences and cultures without disagreement. Indeed one would expect any reasonable, intelligent, three dimensional being anywhere in the universe to know about them.

Geometry is nothing more than the simple basic shapes we know as a circle, a triangle, a square, a sphere, a tetrahedron and a cube, moving all the way through each and every dimension. These are what composes everything in our universe.

The five elements are represented with geometric shapes, these are known as the Platonic solids. The tetrahedron is fire. The octahedron represents air. The cube is Earth. The icosahedron is water. Finally the dodecahedron is the mysterious fifth element of aether.

main-qimg-1d96514004fa13e0d2b0276d8ce35da2.webp

This merely scratches the surface. The most beautiful thing about sacred geometry, is the world of beautiful things that you can discover when you seek to know more of the keys that it holds.

So, how was this sacred geometry incorporated into the Parthenon?

The ancient Greeks assigned various attributes to the Platonic solids and to certain geometrically-derived ratios, investing them with "meaning." For example, the cube symbolized kingship and earthly foundations, while the Golden Section was seen as a dynamic principle embodying philosphy and wisdom. Thus a building dedicated to a god-king might bear traces of cubic geometry, while one dedicated to a heavenly god might have been constructed using Golden Section proportions.

Phi = 1.618…
Phi is the Golden Section of the Greeks. It was said to be the first section in which the One became many.
Sacred Geometry
  • The Parthenon was built to extremely precise dimensions according to the mathematical ratios of sacred geometry.
  • The rectangular building (measured at the top step of its base to be 101.34 feet wide by 228.14 feet long) was constructed of brilliant white marble, surrounded by 46 great columns, roofed with tiles, and housed a nearly 40 foot tall statue of the goddess Athena. The statue, known as Athena Promachos, Athena the Champion, was made of wood, gold and ivory and could be seen from a distance of many miles.
  • Height of the columns – The structural beam on top of the columns is in a golden ratio proportion to the height of the columns. Note that each of the grid lines is a golden ratio proportion of the one below it, so the third golden ratio grid line from the bottom to the top at the base of the support beam represents a length that is phi cubed, 0.236, from the top of the beam to the base of the column.
Parthenon-Phi-Golden-Ratio-1.gif
  • Dividing line of the root support beam - The structural beam on top of the columns has a horizontal dividing line that is in golden ratio proportion to the height of the support beam.
Parthenon-Phi-Golden-Ratio-2.gif
  • Width of the columns – The width of the columns is in a golden ratio proportion formed by the distance from the center line of the columns to the outside of the columns.
parthenon-column-roof-beam-golden-ratio1-142x300.gif
  • The golden ratio proportions that appear in the height of the roof support beam and in the decorative rectangular sections that run horizontally across it. The gold colored grids below are golden rectangles, with a width to height ratio of exactly 1.618 to 1
Parthenon-Phi-Golden-Ratio-3.gif

Athena
  • The name Parthenon refers to the worship of Athena, the goddess and patroness of the city of Athens.
  • Athena issued fully grown from the head of her father Zeus.
  • She represents the highest order of spiritual development and the gifts of intellect and understanding. Athena is the symbol of the universal human aspiration for wisdom.
See: Mathematics of the Parthenon- by Liliana Usvat Mathematics Magazine

So, were the C's directing us to sacred geometry and mathematics and their important relationship to hyperdimensional physics? I think so, given what they said here about what lay behind the real secret of the Great Pyramid in that same session:​

Q: What IS the key to the pyramid?

A: Use the math as given.

For those who may be interested, we have been looking at the significance of sacred geometry (as expressed in symbolism and structures) in the Alton Towers thread recently - see: Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians.

This begs the question why a full scale replica of the Parthenon was chosen to serve as the centrepiece of Tennessee's Centennial Celebration. In fairness, I should add that a number of other buildings at the exposition were also based on ancient originals. However, the Parthenon was the only one that was an exact reproduction. The answer may lie in the men who thought up the idea and then designed it. The designer was the architect and Confederate veteran William Crawford Smith. Smith had, amongst other things, been commissioned to design the Masonic Temple in Columbia, Tennessee in 1883. This suggests that he himself was most probably a Freemason, thus being a member of a secret fraternity that is a modern counterpart of the old mystery schools of the classical age and a society that claims to draws its pedigree from the medieval stonemasons lodges and guilds (and possibly the Knights Templar) that had preserved the knowledge of sacred geometry inherited from the old Roman collegia of architects and stonemasons. Moreover, the man who had first suggested the Parthenon as a subject for the exhibition was Major Eugene Castner Lewis, an American engineer and businessman, who was almost certainly a Freemason too judging by his mausoleum:
330px-Grave_of_Eugene_C_Lewis.jpg

As a Freemason, he probably recognised the Parthenon as the ultimate expression of sacred geometry within Athenian and classical Greek architecture.

In this last connection, it is worth recalling what the C's once told Laura:
Q: (L) Do the Rosicrucians have writings in their keeping that they, themselves, do not understand?

A: Yes. So do the Masons.

And perhaps those writings contain the secrets that connect sacred geometry to hyperdimensional physics?

The point to take away is whether similar expressions of esoteric knowledge were displayed at other exhibitions or world fairs for those who were in the known and could spot them?

One example may be the Phrygian cap on the large statue at the Chicago World Fair that was mentioned in an earlier post. Although associated in antiquity with several peoples in Eastern Europe and Anatolia, including the Persians, the Medes and the Scythians, as well as in the Balkans, Dacia, Thrace and in Phrygia, where the name originated, Phrygian caps came to signify freedom and the pursuit of liberty first in the American Revolution and then in the French Revolution, where they were known as Jacobin hats after the members of the Jacobin movement (strongly linked to illuminated Freemasonry), which played a central part in the revolution. In America, the Phrygian cap became the symbol of republicanism and anti-monarchical sentiment and appeared in the United States as the headgear of Columbia, who in turn was visualised as a goddess-like female national personification of the United States and of Liberty herself, comparable to the British Britannia, the Italian Italia Turrita and the French Marianne.
360px-ColumbiaStahrArtwork.jpg

Hence, the statue displayed at the 1936 Chicago World Fair may have been a representation of Columbia, who in turn invokes parallels to the goddess Athena, with her cap of invisibility, recalling here that the City of Athens is considered to be the original home of western democracy.​

How interesting..I look forward to watching some of these videos tonight..

I first heard of the World's Fair in the 1990 alternative-history novel "The Difference Engine", by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling (set in an 1800s London).. When I read it I assumed the Crystal Palace was fictional, it didn't sound like a real thing at all and I never heard of it or thought about it again until years later when I read some of the conspiracy-ish stuff on the internet and was surprised to find it had been real..

And, I've actually been to one of (the modern, less strange seeming versions of) these things too, the one in Brisbane, Australia in 1988. Had no idea it was a "World's Fair" until just now! My only memories of it are being extremely bored having to stand around in the sun for hours (we went there because the brass band my parents were in was playing)... and going on the monorail, which was super novel, it might've been the first time I ever went on a train...

I cannot speak to the details and whether something fishy went on there, but one thing is for sure: the importance of the "long 19th century" cannot be overstated; the more you look into it, the more you realize it changed everything, all aspects of reality. The world fairs seem to be such an archetypical feature of that period that I wouldn't be surprised if at least at the symbolical level they are important, perhaps as some kind of "marker events"?

I cannot speak to the details and whether something fishy went on there, but one thing is for sure: the importance of the "long 19th century" cannot be overstated; the more you look into it, the more you realize it changed everything, all aspects of reality. The world fairs seem to be such an archetypical feature of that period that I wouldn't be surprised if at least at the symbolical level they are important, perhaps as some kind of "marker events"?
Amazing observation, thank you for bringing it up! Two of the prominent esoteric movements, Theosophy and Antroposophy were established as well as the Fourth Way.

Amazing observation, thank you for bringing it up! Two of the prominent esoteric movements, Theosophy and Antroposophy were established as well as the Fourth Way.
I agree. There were clearly powerful esoteric groups operating in the background (as they still today), shaping events and these were not just the usual suspects such as Freemasonry and the Rosicrucians. We should not forget either the C's references to surface world agents of the Nation of the Third Eye either (which have included Sargon the Great, Nefertiti and in more modern times the Rothschilds). These esoteric groups operate as circles within circles, with overlapping memberships. Some of these esoteric groups come and go like the Hellfire Club, the Orphic Circle and the Society of the Golden Dawn but they often give rise to others such as the Theosophists and Anthroposophy (established by Rudolf Steiner). Such groups often contained what we today might call social influencers such as politicians, writers, poets, artists, philosophers, scientists and prominent businessmen (think today of Elon Musk for example). Behind the scenes, such esoteric groups were though helping to shape our modern world.

I believe you follow the work of Daniel Liszt (the Dark Journalist) in his X-Series podcasts. I attach a link to one particular podcast where he also interviews the writer and researcher Dr Joseph Farrell about some of these esoteric groups and the myriad connections between them since it may help to connect the dots.

See: Orphic Circle Mystery Schools | Shift Frequency

All this makes me think of what the C's said in the session dated 4 October 1997:
Q: In the same vein, I have noticed that there are two classes of arachnids. There are scorpions and there are spiders. The zodiac was changed by taking the pincers away from the Scorpion and creating out of them the sign of Libra. This image was one of a woman holding a balance scales, usually blindfolded. This was done within recorded history, but was probably formalized through the occult traditions of Kaballa. Now, in trying to figure out who has on what color hat, if there is such a thing, I have come to a tentative conclusion that the spider, or spinner of webs, is the Rosicrucian encampment, and that the Scorpion represents the seeker of wisdom... because, in fact, the word for Scorpio comes from the same root as that which means to pierce or unveil. Therefore, the Scorpion is also Perseus, per Ziu, or 'for God.' And the Rosicrucians are the 'other,' so to speak. Can you elaborate on this for me? Or comment?

A: What a tangled web we spin, when we must not let you in.

Universal exhibitions in Paris​

This article deals with the various international and national exhibitions that were held in Paris , and which partly shaped the French capital that we know today.

World's Fair of 1900 .

National Exhibition of 1844Edit

The Exhibition of 1849.
Main article: Exhibition of products of French industry .

This section is empty, insufficiently detailed or incomplete. Your help is welcome! How to do ?
This is a National Exhibition that took place in 1844 in a temporary structure installed on the Champs-Élysées in Paris . It was one of a series of eleven Expositions which began in 1798 and which encouraged the agricultural and technological development of France . The success of the first Exhibition in Paris at the end of 1844 gave rise to a whole series across Europe such as the Universal Exhibition of 1851 , in London , which brought together craftsmen and industrialists from all over the world.

Other European Exhibitions followed: that of Bern and Madrid in 1845 , Brussels and Bordeaux in 1847 , that of Saint Petersburg in 1849 and Lisbon in 1849 .

The Exhibition started again in Paris in 1849 and was called the Exhibition of the Second Republic or the National Exhibition of Products of the Agricultural and Manufacturing Industry .

Palace of Industry, built for the first Universal Exhibition .

Universal Exhibition of 1855Edit

Main article: Universal Exhibition of 1855 .
The first Universal Industrial Products Exhibition (of Paris) is held, by Imperial Decree of theMarch 8, 1853, on the Champs-Élysées from May 15 to October 31 , 1855.

The exhibition organized under the presidency of the imperial commission of Prince Napoleon and Arlès-Dufour, will bring together 23,954 exhibitors in total. This first attempt to compete with England and Queen Victoria was not totally successful because France will come out of this one in deficit.

Universal Exhibition of 1867Edit

Main article: World's Fair of 1867 .
The second Universal Exhibition is held from April 1 to November 3 , 1867on the Champ de Mars . 41 countries are present for the Exhibition.

Brand new Paris is celebrating, the major works have just been completed. The Universal Exhibition marks the apogee of the Second Empire and the triumph of Saint-Simonian liberalism .

The main building is a large oval, centered on a garden, whose concentric galleries group together the themes and the radial slices the countries.

• Le Champ-de-Mars, photo de Frédéric Martens.
    The Champ-de-Mars, photo by Frédéric Martens.
  • L'Exposition côté Seine, paru dans le Monde Illustré 1867.
    The Exhibition on the Seine side, published in Le Monde Illustré 1867.

Universal Exhibition of 1878Edit

Main article: World's Fair of 1878 .

Panorama of the Universal Exhibition of 1878 .
The Universal Exhibition of 1878 was the third to take place in Paris.

Realization of the former Palais du Trocadéro by the architects Gabriel Davioud and Jules Bourdais , destroyed for the 1937 Exhibition. The Jardin du Trocadéro is designed by Adolphe Alphand

The person in charge of metal constructions is Henri de Dion , who died before the end of the construction.

Léopold Flameng is a medalist in the engravers category.

François Lacaze Pounçou receives a gold medal in the fermented drinks category for his rum, produced by the Marquisat de Capesterre factory in Guadeloupe. [ 1 ]

Jean-Antoine Injalbert exhibits.

The Legion of Honor is awarded to Benjamin Peugeot, manufacturer of the sewing machine .

Émile Reynaud obtains an “honorable mention” for his Praxinoscope .

16 million visitors [ref. necessary] .

World's Fair of 1889Edit

Main article: Paris World's Fair of 1889 .

The Exposition of 1889 viewed from a balloon.
This Exhibition is organized by Adolphe Alphand , it takes place from May 6 to October 31 , 1889. Wanting to celebrate the centenary of the French Revolution , it is therefore boycotted by many European monarchies such as Germany and Austria-Hungary, but it nevertheless manages to gather 32.3 million visitors [ 2 ] out of its 50 hectares. The most striking symbols of this Universal Exhibition are the Eiffel Tower as well as Ferdinand Dutert 's huge Galerie des Machines (surrounded by three engineers: Pietron, Charton and Contamin ) both built for the occasion. It is also the emergence of the School of Nancyand the arrival of Art Nouveau in France.

The Eiffel Tower was then considered as a temporary construction intended to be dismantled in the short term (its creator, the engineer Gustave Eiffel , obtained an operating concession which saved it), while the Palais du Trocadéro opposite it was intended to last. The opposite is happening.

Universal Exhibition of 1900Edit

Main article: World's Fair of 1900 .

The Palace of Electricity and the Water Tower, at the Universal Exhibition of 1900.

The Alexandre-III bridge at the time of its inauguration on the occasion of the Universal Exhibition of 1900.

Practical map of the Universal Exhibition of 1900.
It is the most important Universal Exhibition in France and the first of which there is a cinematographic trace. It attracted 50.8 million visitors.

Some legacies and attractions:

The international physical exercise and sports competitions held during the Exposition are recognized as the 1900 Olympics .

The French Pavilion of Decorative Arts is created by Georges Hoentschel .

An exhibition of railway equipment is organized between the Champ-de-Mars and Vincennes.

International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts of 1925Edit

Main article: International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts .
Artistic creation in France during the Roaring Twenties was marked above all by the organization of the International Exhibition of Modern Decorative and Industrial Arts, which was held in Paris from April to October 1925 . On this occasion, international avant-garde ideas concerning architecture and the applied arts collide.

Mr. Dufrêne says that “the art of 1900 was the art of the domain of fantasy, that of 1925 is of the domain of reason. However, during the Exhibition, two trends dominate: a first style influenced by the language of Art Nouveau and a second called "modern" which is distinguished by an innovative vocabulary, borrowed from Cubism and Russian Constructivism .

The Art Deco style took off well before the war in the contestation and abuses provoked by Art Nouveau . Its development took place with the major event of the mid-1920s in France, the International Exhibition. Located between the Esplanade des Invalides and the surroundings of the Grand and Petit Palais , the Exhibition welcomes 4,000 guests at the inauguration, on April 28 , and thousands of visitors each day.

The Art Deco designation implies a desire for a decorative style. However, two trends stand out: the contemporaries and the old decor of the 1900s ( Jacques-Émile Ruhlmann ) and the supporters of modernism, the international style , purism . The specificity of the Art Deco creator is that he is considered as an "integrator", he must create the entire chosen room, from floor to ceiling, he must harmoniously design architecture and furniture, accessories.

Le Corbusier , for the Pavilion of the New Spirit which he designed inJuly 1925with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret on the occasion of the Exhibition, also produces all the furniture which he rather calls “equipment”, sorts of standard lockers, incorporated into the walls or modular. The Pavillon de l'Esprit Nouveau is an ephemeral building, illustrating the concepts of purism and the magazine Esprit Nouveau founded by Amédée Ozenfant and Le Corbusier in 1920. Inside the living cell, pictorial works by Léger ( The Baluster ), Ozenfant, Juan Gris , Pablo Picasso and Le Corbusier ( Still Life of the New Spirit ) are exhibited.

As for Ruhlmann, on the occasion of the Exhibition, he created the Pavilion of the Collector , surrounding himself with a good number of craftsmen and artists. Pierre Patout designs the structure of the building, in a rather classic style: rounded projection on the garden side, friezes decorated with bas reliefs, projection of the oval living room, simplified columns (without base or capital). The interior decoration, luxurious, elegant, of high quality, is the work of Ruhlmann, who clutters the rooms with furniture, refined and precious objects, inspired by the style of the 18th century . This pavilion arouses the admiration of all visitors and is then considered the pinnacle of good French taste.

Note: The 1931 Paris Colonial Exposition was not a World's Fair.

1937 World's FairEdit

Main article: 1937 World's Fair .
The International Exhibition of "Arts and Techniques in Modern Life", held in Paris fromMay 25AtNovember 25, 1937, is the first Exhibition organized in France according to the rules of the 1928 Paris Convention on International Exhibitions. It is also the last event of its kind to have taken place in Paris.

A law ofJuly 6, 1934decides to organize an International Exhibition in Paris, andJuly 19 Edmond Labbé is appointed Commissioner General by the French Government. It must bring together various proposals from the French Parliament in a coherent Exhibition project. He chooses to demonstrate that Art and Technique are not opposed but that their union is on the contrary indispensable: the Beautiful and the Useful must be, he says, indissolubly linked. In a context of economic crisis and international political tensions, the 1937 Exhibition must also promote peace.

The project was originally modest, the Exhibition was to be set up mainly on the Champ-de-Mars and in the gardens of the Trocadéro. The grounds are the subject of two successive enlargements and extend from the Pont de l'Alma to the Île aux Cygnes (Paris) , with annexes outside Paris. Most of the buildings are temporary, with a few exceptions: the Palais de Chaillot replaces the Ancien Palais du Trocadéro [ 3 ] .

The Palace of Modern Art Museums is built on the grounds of the military handling and the Polish Embassy (the latter is demolished and the Hôtel de Sagan bought by the French State is offered to Poland in compensation) . It is to receive the Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris on the one hand, and the Musée National d'Art Moderne on the other, whose collections were until then exhibited at the Luxembourg Palace. The pavilion of Public Works is preserved, it now houses the Economic and Social Council . The width of the Jena bridge is doubled [ 4 ] .

The social movements born of the Popular Front lead to major delays in the work and numerous incidents on the sites: strikes, blockades. The French Government is obliged to pay extra wages to make the workers work in the evening and on Sundays, and despite this the Exhibition opens a month behind schedule [ 5 ] .

1947 Specialized ExhibitionEdit

Main article: 1947 Specialty Exhibition .
The International Housing and Town Planning Exhibition (1947) is a so-called "specialized" exhibition recognized by the Bureau international des expositions (BIE) which took place from July 10 to August 15 , 1947at the Grand Palais in Paris , France on the theme of housing and urban planning. It dealt in particular with major themes such as town planning, construction and household equipment and presented numerous works by renowned architects such as Le Corbusier , Sven Ivar Lind and Luis Herman de Koninck.

The exhibition was chosen and recognized by the General Assembly of the Bureau international des expositions du June 11 , 1946.

CongressEdit

Many congresses are held on the sidelines of the exhibitions, for example the international congresses of women during the editions of 1878, 1889 and 1900 [ 6 ] .

Notes and referencesEdit

1. Official catalogue: list of awards / International Universal Exhibition of 1878, in Paris; Ministry of Agriculture and Trade ,1878 ( read online [ archive ] )
  2. Pascal Ory , The Universal Exhibitions of Paris , Ramsay, 1982
  3. The old Trocadero Palace [ archive ]
  4. Detailed article on the architecture and sculptures of the 1937 Exposition [ archive ] , Wikiwix archive.
  5. Photos of the 1937 Exposition [ archive ]
  6. Anne Rasmussen, "The International Congresses linked to the Universal Exhibitions of Paris (1867-1900)" [ archive ] , 1900. Review of intellectual history (Georges-Sorel notebooks), 1989, 7, p. 23-44.

See as wellEdit

• [Pinot 1992] Florence Pinot de Villechenon, Universal Exhibitions , PUF, coll. "what do I know",1992, on gallica ( online presentation [ archive ] ).
  • “Pavilion of new times, manifesto of the CIAMs : attempt at a museum of popular education (town planning)”, where Eileen Gray is invited to exhibit her Holiday Center project.
  • “Universal Exhibition of 1889” by E.Monod.

Related articlesEdit

external linksEdit

As a follow-up to Perlou's excellent post on the buildings constructed in Paris as a result of international exhibitions, which have become in turn Parisian landmarks, I would mention the highly esoteric glass pyramid erected at the Louvre Museum, which was inaugurated on the 4 March 1989, and cost a total of two billion Francs to construct.​

Louvre-Pyramid.jpg

I appreciate that it was not constructed for any exhibition but it is still a highly esoteric building to my way of thinking.

Apparently, it was not a new idea since the idea of a pyramid at the Louvre actually dates from the 19th century. A pyramid in the Napoleon Courtyard was initially proposed for the celebrations of the French Revolution, in particular for the centenary (architect Louis Ernest Lheureux had proposed a cyclopean pyramid project in neo-Aztec style).

Furthermore, in a small booklet, Memoirs on two great obligations to be fulfilled by the French, written by the novelist Balzac and published in 1809, one of these obligations was to erect, in the courtyard of the Louvre, a pyramid which would be a national monument of recognition to the Emperor Napoleon, who, of course, famously visited the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt and spent a night in the King's Chamber all alone. Apparently, he intended to emulate two other great military strategists, Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar, who had done the same thing with the supposed aim of finding themselves. He may also have wished to receive some kind of mystical or initiatory revelation linked to the symbolism of rebirth inherent in the pyramids, which could have been inspired by his links with Freemasonry. When he emerged in the morning looking pale and disconcerted, his men wanted to know what had happened to him, to which he was supposed to have replied: “Even if I told it, you wouldn’t believe it.” Reputedly, he never spoke about it again.

I am aware that the Glass Pyramid of the Louvre has sparked all kinds of conspiracy theories, including the urban legend that there are 666 (the number of the beast of the Apocalypse) glass panels on the pyramid. In reality, there are 603 diamonds and 70 triangles, giving a total of 673 glass panels in all.

What is true is that the Glass Pyramid of the Louvre is based on the proportions of the Great Pyramid in Egypt. With a square base of 35.24 meters on each side and a height of 21.64 meters, the Louvre Pyramid is an exact replica, scaled-down, of the most famous pyramid in the world. It also has the same slope of 51 degrees. Moreover, just a short walk from the Louvre, one can find the 3,300-year-old Egyptian Obelisk brought from the Luxor Temple in 1833, which is on the same line as the Glass Pyramid. Coincidence?

However, the Louvre Glass Pyramid is not alone since it is surrounded by three much smaller replicas and a fifth pyramid, this one inverted, which is built under the Carrousel du Louvre.

Louvre-Inverted-Pyramid.jpg

The three small pyramids are meant to represent the three wings of the Louvre – the Richelieu, Sully, and Denon wings. The Inverted Pyramid is one of the other four entrances to the Louvre. It was completed in 1993, after the other pyramids.

For more see: Curious Facts about the Louvre Pyramid in Paris | World In Paris

All very mysterious I think. On the Alton Towers thread, we have been looking recently at the hyperdimensional aspects of pyramids and double pyramids, which, when conjoined at their bases, form octahedrons (as symbolised in two dimensions by the Star of David). See: Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians

Is anyone aware of what really lies behind the Glass Pyramid's construction or is it simply just a very grand and fancy entrance to a world famous museum, as the public has been led to believe?​

Is anyone aware of what really lies behind the Glass Pyramid's construction or is it simply just a very grand and fancy entrance to a world famous museum, as the public has been led to believe?
About that, here is an article, translated with DeepL :

The mysterious works of Mitterrand

"I feel in communication with the telluric forces of what was the whole history of France. Nothing separates me from it, and this is how I will end up". In 1981, Mitterrand announced the start of his "great works". Monuments today emblematic of the capital, and imbued with mystery. What story did the man nicknamed "The Elysian Sphinx" want to tell?

Only four months after his arrival at the Elysée Palace, François Mitterrand announced the beginnings of a pharaonic undertaking: the "Great Works", among which would be the Louvre Pyramid, the Grande Arche de la Défense, the Très Grande Bibliothèque, the Buren Columns, the Bastille Opera House... These monuments, by their location, their architecture, and the President's known attraction to what he called "forces of the spirit", gave rise to many interpretations. One has seen hidden symbols, linked to Freemasonry, to ancient Egypt, to occultism, some have read a desire to leave his mark, like a monarch... Did the president wish to transmit a hidden message? Was he a great initiate as some say?

François Mitterrand is the only French president to have expressed himself so frequently, and spontaneously, on the subject of spirituality and transcendence, which in our society, are generally confined to the register of private life. Those who knew him say that he was a man of the earth, sensitive to energies, and very intuitive. His educational background was deeply Catholic. At the age of 14, he even said he wanted to enter the seminary. He imagined a great destiny for himself, claiming to want to be "king or pope"...

Although he distanced himself from religion throughout his life, his metaphysical questioning never ceased to intensify. In 1974, he confided to the journalist Franz-Olivier Giesbert: "As a child, I was a believer. Now, frankly, I don't know. Let's say that, faced with the absence of an explanation of the world, I tend to be a deist. I am not one of those for whom everything is only chance and necessity. On the contrary, I tend to think that there is an inspiration behind the universe. Perhaps because my mind is not very scientific; perhaps because Christianity has shaped my entire youth. In particular, he had a keen interest in all expressions of belief, whether written or architectural. This last point was one of his great passions. As a student, walking the streets of Paris, he already imagined that he could change the face of the capital... Once he reached the top of the State, he committed his destiny, the work of a lifetime.

The Great Works were not part of his program. So everyone was surprised when he announced them at a press conference on September 24, 1981. His project concerned all areas of culture: from music to reading, to the plastic arts or scientific knowledge, in Ile-de-France and in the regions. Some of these projects, such as the renovation of the Louvre, were spread over a period of twenty years, reflecting his need to provide our country with the major cultural institutions it lacked. Serge Thibaut, former student of the ENS, doctor in Philosophy, and author of the Guide du Paris hermétique. Essai sur la logique symbolique des alignements parisiens (Ed. Dervy, 2016) explains that the terms used for the announcement of the great Louvre already augured a project shrouded in mystery: "with an almost mocking air, he announced his decision to "return the Louvre to its destination," an ambiguous statement because the original "destination" of the Louvre was that of being the palace of the kings of France, not that of being a museum. Did Mitterrand see himself as a king among presidents? After all, he was the first president after Napoleon III to change it, thus following in the footsteps of the monarchs of France.

The great pyramid of the Louvre, erected on the banks of the Seine like the pyramids of Egypt on the banks of the Nile in the past, is the work of which he said he was the most proud, despite the strong criticism that the project received at the time. It is no secret that the former President had a great passion for ancient Egypt. His confidante of 12 years, Marie de Hennezel, psychologist, psychotherapist, and author of Believing in the Forces of the Spirit, portrays him thus: "I think he was very obsessed with leaving a trace. He was fascinated by Egyptian mythology, all the mythologies that show that death is a transformation interested him. I was wearing this cross at the time, the Egyptian cross. It is called the key of Isis. We talked a lot about what it meant. He went to Egypt regularly, because he felt that these people, at that time, had perceived a reality.

According to Serge Thibaut, the three small pyramids surrounding the great pyramid of the Louvre raise questions. Indeed, being called "pyramidions", their function should be to top an obelisk: "either they were not pyramidions, or there were obelisks. But the fact is that the pavement on the ground reproduces, on a flat surface, obelisks under the three pyramidions. Moreover, the basins reflect the cosmos, and indicate the fertilization by the celestial force of the cosmos. This evokes in my eyes Amun-Ra, fertilizing by his seed the entire cosmos. According to him the work echoes the temple of Amun-Ra at Karnak in Egypt, where only three obelisks topped by pyramidions remain, and whose general configuration is strangely reminiscent of the Grand Louvre.

The configuration of the museum is also reminiscent of a Masonic lodge: the pyramidions echo the three barred windows that light the lodge. We also find the large spiral staircase, which symbolizes the fact that we must climb the steps to reach wisdom, or that allows us to descend to the center of the earth. In the basement, we find an inverted pyramid. Its point meets the top of another without touching, as if to illustrate once again the link between heaven and earth...

However, Mitterrand was not affiliated with those whom he nicknamed, not without mockery, "La Gratouille brothers", in reference to their characteristic Masonic handshake. Marie de Hennezel explains that he was simply a man of the earth, connected to the elements: "He called himself a bit of a druid. He had an intuitive knowledge of things. He is said to have had intellectual knowledge, but he was never initiated. I think, however, that he had this initiation in him, perhaps from another life...". She adds this anecdote: "In the Gard I have a Celtic stone but also a house in which there are triangular windows with a star... When he arrived he said to me: "but Marie, you are not a Freemason?" I answered "no". He said "me neither", and added "you are like me, you have the knowledge of symbols".

The location of the pyramid is also of great importance, as it is one of the only elements over which he really had control. Serge Thibaut specifies the symbolic aspect of this choice: "In Paris there are significant axes, the best known of which is the historical axis, and it is from their position on the axes that the monuments take on their full meaning. Let us note, for example, that the Bastille Opera House, the Grand Louvre and the Grande Arche are aligned on the historical axis, and it is their relationship to the axis that seems to me to provide the key to their meaning. The same is true of the Louvre Pyramid and the Buren columns, located on the Meridian, which means that the Louvre is at the crossroads of the two major axes of the capital. This royal road was enriched by Catherine de Medici, Louis XIV, Napoleon, and completed by Mitterrand.

"I had in the cathedral of Bourges one of the love at first sight of my life". François Mitterrand had an undisguised passion for religious architecture and for the spiritual atmosphere that it gives off: "He could feel the energy of the place. He would go incognito to Theseus, sit on a little stool at the back of the church, and say to me "I feel the energy. Do you agree that there is an incredible energy?" recalls Marie de Hennezel. This strong attraction was echoed in the construction of one of his major projects: the Bibliothèque Nationale de France. It is his largest construction: 75 000 m2, with a building in the basement, and a real forest ecosystem with 130 pine trees. The 4 square-shaped towers represent 4 open books, with unambiguous names: tower of laws, numbers, times and letters.

The choice of this titanic project by the architect Dominique Perrault is not insignificant: "With Perrault, we talked a lot about it, we wanted to reconstitute the atmosphere of a cloister. Naturally, with modern means, and without wanting to imitate the old cloisters. Thus he combined his taste for meditation, his love of books and architecture, without ever neglecting the energetic aspect: "he did surprising things for a president of the republic, approaching a stone, putting his hands on it and remaining there in silence. He would say to me: this stone is energy, these are atoms that dance", confides Marie de Hennezel.

Beyond the systematic choice of simple, geometric constructions - pyramids at the Louvre, a Hypercube at La Défense, a sphere at La Villette, refined columns at the Palais Royal, squares at the BNF - there is another common element in Mitterrand's buildings: an underground section. "The research rooms of the BNF are underground and can only be reached by vast and disturbing escalators, just as the central auditorium of the Opéra Bastille or the Géode are rooms located underground. Even the fundamental premises of the Grande Arche are underground; they are accessed through the central crater at the top of 54 steps. Whatever the Mitterrandian construction, we will have to go down into the earth, rectify our beliefs and our naiveties, and thus understand where the essential lies", explains Serge Thibaut.

Mitterrand, during his numerous exchanges with Marie de Hennezel, told her that "a head of state who does not have depth cannot have height". The psychologist, explains that he was drawing in him "a whole political reflection between what is not visible and underground and what is visible. It was important for him, and even vital to connect with his depths."

For example, the Buren columns project, which has also greatly upset the public, consists of 260 black-striped marble columns of varying heights, arranged in a sort of checkerboard pattern. But appearances are deceiving: the columns are all the same size, but are more or less buried. The second plateau is crossed by an underground river. One finds this play of apparent/dissimulated opposition, and this link between the underground, the sky and the earth. Some have seen in it the representation of a Mayan calendar, speculating in particular on the number 260. Serge adds that Daniel Buren is of Jewish faith, and that it is therefore much more likely that he wanted to represent the Temple in ruins: "This would explain the presence of underground watercourses evoking, in this case, the superposition of the two rivers of the Hebrew tradition, that of grace and celestial influences, pouring vertically onto the axis of the world and distributing themselves according to the four cardinal directions on earth. This axis of the world would be materialized by "the column of the well", the sixteenth column of the whole, entirely underground but not covered by the grill."

One of the most explicit and richly decorated works is the monument of the rights of man, located in the gardens of the Champ de Mars and built for the bicentenary of the Revolution. If at first sight, and because of its function, the building seems austere, one must go beyond appearances to discover a hidden message. Its shape is that of an ancient temple: the two columns at the entrance are replicas of those of the Temple of Solomon, called Boas and Jachin, widely used in the Masonic tradition. They have the particularity of carrying nothing, except symbolically: the starry vault. On the facades of the building, appear strange totems: characters, animals, geometric shapes ... At the top of the monument is a lizard, symbol of eternity, wisdom, and benevolence in the Egyptians. Above the door, there is an oculus crossed by the sunlight that illuminates the interior of the monument. It is surrounded by an ouroboros: snake that bites its tail, symbol in many traditions of the cyclical nature of time, life and death, of God. A gigantic bronze door forbids the entrance of the building to the "simple citizen", surprising for a monument dedicated to him? This one is engraved with a surprising mixture of symbols: we find freemason formulas, spheres and triangles that can evoke temples, Egyptian gods...

Finally, on the back side, we discover 3 eyelets arranged in a triangle with a larger hole in their center. It invites to glimpse the invisible: here, the hidden face of the door of the temple on which we discover a medallion showing a handshake, a horn of plenty and a caduceus: symbols that confirm the Masonic character of the building. The signature so dear to the president is also there: the monument is again on the two Parisian axes ... Like the great builders, can we assume that François Mitterrand wanted to place man at the heart of the divine, and recognizes their immortality?

While many intentions are attributed to the man whom humorists of the time nicknamed "God", it must be considered that if the major works were initiated by Mitterrand, this in no way implies that he was able to decide on their form or their symbolism. As he himself explained, "all major projects are the result of choices made by national and international juries. The Bastille Opera House, for example, was not at all favored by the President. In an interview with Bernard Pivot, in April 1995, he was able to affirm that he would have preferred another project to be built, at least for the exterior façade.

Finally, the achievements of François Mitterrand are certainly inseparable from a question that increasingly inhabited the last years of his life: that of the afterlife. The year of the launch of the great works, in 1981, the doctors predicted a prostate cancer and gave him only a few months to live. Jacques Attali in his book C'était François Mitterrand (Ed. Fayard), says: "When I asked him if he believed in the existence of God, he answered that he admitted the idea of a principle ordering all things, without believing in a particular religion or falling into mysticism.

What better way to tell the story of a link between heaven and earth than through architecture, and by entering into history, to defy death a little? For Serge Thibaut, "Architecture narrates, par excellence, the plot of the relationship between our world and the cosmos, the one that models the links between the Earth and the vast universe. The Great Works are undoubtedly a way of materializing this link, that is, of situating the Earth in a global whole." Perhaps the best illustration of this link is the roof of the Great Arch of Defense, a gigantic slab of marble and granite, 4500 meters in surface, entitled "The Map of the Sky". It represents a zodiac turned towards the infinite which seems, rather than providing answers, to ask questions of the vast universe. Its architect, Jean-Pierre Raynaud, confirms: "It was tempting for me to communicate with the sky, and what a window to the sky to inscribe the map of the sky."

Finally, in 1993 a much less monumental but equally intriguing work was commissioned by the Ministry of Culture. If you pass by the castles of Rambouillet, do not miss to make a detour by the sculpture of Karel Zlin, which represents a naked man on a solar boat, scanning the horizon. You will notice that this man looks very strangely like François Mitterrand. An Omerta hovers around this statue, no official documentation on the Internet, very few photos, and specialists who refuse any deciphering... The solar boat symbolizes the passage to death. Can we guess a farewell, a nakedness before his formal farewell, by his wishes addressed to the French on December 31, 1994? "Next year, it will be my successor who will express his wishes to you. Wherever I am, I will listen to him with a heart full of gratitude for the French people (...) I believe in the forces of the spirit and I will not leave you.

Excerpt from Croire aux forces de l’esprit

Exchange between Marie de Hennezel and François Mitterrand:
- You told me the other day that you were condemned by medicine, don't you think that my dream seems to suggest that I can help you live, to keep your energy for the time of a crossing, at least? But it is in the depths of your being that this happens. Not in broad daylight!
- Ah, I see, you are going to take me on the paths of the irrational, but you see, I don't mind that at all. I am basically a man of the earth, and I feel and know deep down that many things that cannot be explained come from this bridge that some people know how to make between their body and their mind.

As a sidenote, take a look at here ;-)

About that, here is an article, translated with DeepL :

As a sidenote, take a look at here ;-)
Thank you for answering my question in such detail about what may have been the driving force behind the erection of the Louvre Glass Pyramid. It was certainly a fascinating article. I had always assumed that Mitterand was a Freemason but now it seems he wasn't. The pyramid is, of course, a very important symbol to the Freemasons but that is true of other esoteric groups too, such as the Rosicrucians. It is interesting that you should also draw attention to Mitterand's visit to Rennes-le-Chateau in 1981 since this may establish a possible link between Mitterand and Rosicrucianism.

The mention of Rennes-le-Chateau brings us into the mysterious world of Abbé Bérenger Saunière and the Priory of Sion. According to the authors and researchers Guy Patton and Robin Mackness, the authors of ‘Web of Gold’, Saunière was a Martinist. For those not aware, the Martinists were a peculiar, more Catholic leaning branch of Rosicrucianism.

The two authors show that evidence has come to light through the researches of the French writer André Douzet that Abbé Saunière spent much time in the city of Lyon, which was known as the occult centre of France – in this context ‘occult’ refers to those with an interest in the supernatural, magical and mystical aspects of life rather than black magic or satanism. Correspondence addressed to Saunière shows that he was in contact with a secret society in Lyon, called the Martinists, and that he often stayed at a house two doors away from that of Johnny Bricaud, a prominent Martinist.

For those who might want to know more about this link with the Martinists, see my article on the Alton Towers thread Abbé Saunière and the Rosicrucians: Alton Towers, Sir Francis Bacon and the Rosicrucians

However, Abbé Saunière also had links to another mysterious organisation called The Hiéron du Val d'Or which was founded in 1873 by a Jesuit Victor Drevon and the half-Basque, half-Russian Alexis de Sarachaga. It was allied to concepts of royalism and was culturally conservative. It sought to erect a Catholic hermetic freemasonry, contrary to the anti-clerical freemasonry of the Grand Orient de France and was particularly devoted to the doctrine of ‘Christ the King’. The Hiéron attempted to demonstrate the origins of Christianity in the mystical Atlantis and worked to prepare the way for the social political reign of Christ the King in the year 2000 and devoted themselves to the name aor-agni ("light-fire") [MJF: Could the name “aor-agni” have a connection to the “Ahragh” Creed who the C’s said had buried the Benben stone in the Sinai Desert under the aegis of their then Top Director Saphorus? – See the session dated 16 August 1997].

Following the death of de Sarachaga in 1918, Georges Gabriel de Noaillat and his wife Marthe Devuns de Noaillat stayed at Paray and continued the work of the Hiéron. They sought to downplay some of the more unorthodox aspects of the Hiéron's mysticism and comply closer to Catholic orthodoxy.

One of the collaborators of the de Naoillats, Jeanne Lépine-Authelain, corresponded with the esotericist Paul Le Cour who displayed an interest in the Hiéron's claims about Atlantis. Le Cour would go on to become a precursor to the New Age Movement, with his 1937 work The Age of Aquarius. In the book, Le Cour looks forward to the future Age of Aquarius as bringing with it the return of Christ in the role of Christ the King. It is a work of esoteric and apocalyptic Christianity in which the author also voices his belief in an esoteric spiritual tradition that originated in Atlantis…
In his 1979 book Le Tresor du Triangle d’Or (The Treasure of the Golden Triangle), Jean-Luc Chaumeil states that the Hieron practiced a version of Scottish Rite Freemasonry, and the upper degrees of this order constituted the lower degrees of the Priory of Sion itself. Chaumeil describes the group’s disposition as “Christian, Hermetic, and aristocratic.” They proclaimed themselves to be Catholic, even though the Church of Rome condemned them.

Their mystic teachings contained, according to Henry Lincoln, Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh writing in the The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail:

a characteristic emphasis on sacred geometry and various sacred sites... an insistence on a mystical or Gnostic truth underlying mythological motifs”, and “a preoccupation with the origins of men, races, languages, and symbols... .

The order was: “Simultaneously Christian and ‘trans-Christian.’ It stressed the importance of the Sacred Heart... sought to recognise Christian and pagan mysteries”, and “Ascribed special significance to Druidic thought - which it... regarded as partially Pythagorean.”

What we should note though is that Le Cour’s ideas would have a great influence on the young Pierre Plantard, the instigator or creator of the modern Priory of Sion. He was inspired by Le Cour's esoteric works, merging them together into his right-wing political views. Plantard had been involved in right-wing political activity since the age of seventeen – attempting to form an anti-Semitic and anti-Masonic organisation Alpha Galates with the aim of "purifying and renewing" France, which was denied by the French authorities. Plantard also used the pseudonym "Varans Vincent" or "Varrans de Verrestra".

Plantard became the editor of ‘Vaincre’, the bulletin of the Alpha Galates, an anti-Masonic, anti-Semitic Right-Wing organisation that stemmed from Plantard's earlier right-wing activities of the 1930s: the Statutes of the Alpha Galates being dated 27 December 1937.

For more see: Alpha Galates and Pierre Plantard De St. Clair

Why is all this relevant to Francois Mitterand you may ask. Well, Pierre Plantard and Francois Mitterend knew each other and, as Guy Patton and Robin Mackness show in their book, both Plantard and Mitterand worked for the Vichy government of Marechal Petain. Indeed, Plantard would work as a propagandist for the Vichy regime until its fall, whereafter he and Mitterand belatedly joined the French Resistance.

Given Plantard's relationship with Mitterand and his later key involvement in promoting the bogus Priory of Sion and by extension the mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau and Abbé Saunière to modern audiences, perhaps Mitterand's visit to Rennes-le-Chateau may come as less of a surprise.

Could Mitterand in his youth (when he was still devoutly Catholic) have been a member of The Hiéron du Val d'Or or, if not, was he at least influenced by its teachings? Given what was said about him in the article you posted, his views and beliefs certainly accord with those of The Hiéron du Val d'Or (which are essentially Rosicrucian in essence). Indeed, it would even explain why he called himself "a bit of a druid", since the Hiéron supposedly ascribed special significance to Druidic thought, which it regarded as partially Pythagorean. Moreover, Pythagoras is known for his famous theorem, which involves the squares of the sides of a right angled triangle (it was possibly a Druid who originally taught it to Pythagoras though), a theorem that is regarded as almost sacred by the Freemasons and Rosicrucians.

On that last note, a triangle with a serpent in the middle was a motif of the Lizards/Serpents and Grey aliens and the Brotherhood of the Serpent, the oldest known secret society. This link could explain the inverted pyramid at the Louvre for in the transcripts the C's had this to say about it:
Q: (L) Obviously the 33 represents the Serpent, the Medusa, and so forth...

A: You mentioned pyramid, interesting... And what is the geometric one-dimensional figure that corresponds?

Q: (L) Well, the triangle. And, if you have a triangle point up you have 3, joined to a triangle pointing down, you have 3, you have a 33. Is that something like what we are getting at here?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Is there a connection between the number 33 and the Great Pyramid in Egypt?

Q: (L) And what is that connection? Is it that the builders of the pyramid participated in this secret society activity?

A: Yes. And what symbol did you see in "Matrix," for Serpents and Grays?

Q: (L) You are talking about the triangle with the Serpent's head in it?

Q: (L) Are we talking in terms of this 33 relating to a group of "aliens," or a group of humans with advanced knowledge and abilities?

A: Either/or.

Q: (L) Is this what has been referred to in the Bramley book
[Gods of Eden] as the Brotherhood of the Serpent or Snake?

And, of course, 33 is the top degree in Scottish Rite Freemasonry, whose degrees and rituals were subsumed into the 'Grand Orient de France' Masonic lodge.​

Interesting topic...another crazy conspiracy theory? Makes one curious to know more.

The book by Mickoski is apparently this one:

Exposing The Expositions 1851-1915: Ancient Rome in America?: 9788269126617: Amazon.com: Books

Couldn't find an electronic/Kindle version of it.

ADDED: apparently there's a revised version of the book from 2021 that is also a bit cheaper. BUT this edition apparently doesn't include any photographs, only weblinks to them (pretty unconvenient in a paper book):

Last edited:
In a podcast with Mickoski that I Iistened to today he mentioned a website that has listed 'every posible internet resource available' of all the world fairs. With a little diggint I found it, and oh man...there are, indeed, a lot of links that one can follow on that page!

The page is this one:
Jon Paul Sank's World's Fairs Page

I only scratched the surface by following a couple of links.

Having listened to Mickoski I'm not sure what to think of the whole thing. Sure, and as the C's hinted, there's something fishy with these world fares. However, who says that these enormous structures could've not been built by using this 'staff' material? Mickoski says that its impropable because they would've been too weak to hold large crowds, or something. Maybe this page which describes how the 'White city' was build for the fare in Chicago 1893 is then just made up, or is it? On the other hand, even if these things were built with this 'staff' a number of logistical problems come to mind. So, maybe the most plausible explanation is, indeed, that these buildings were already there and that they mostly polished and built upon these existing things?

I have to say that Mickoski gives me the impression of someone who comes up with a pretty interesting initial 'conspiracy theory' (though I'm not sure he's the first one to come up with it) who then runs with it and 'applies' it to pretty much everything...everything we know is a conspiracy!

Back to square one. Detective work is in order. Leave pre-conceptions at the door without drawing any conclusions too hastily:

"(L) Wow. Okay. Did some of these massive structures exist prior to the expositions?
A: Partly and expanded."

So, some of the massive structures already existed (!) and what could that imply? who built them and why - what were their real purposes? I am just posing these questions rhetorically - I am not looking for answers just yet - not to jump to speculation, but to compile the clues and evidence to come up with the hypotheses later. Most all the videos analyzing the fairs are laden with conjecture. That doesn't mean the conjectures are invalid but those ideas get in the way of looking at this phenomenon with fresh eyes. Just because somebody mentions tartaria doesn't mean there is no point in looking at or considering the anomalies - it doesn't mean anything. I think you just have to overlook that and look at what is being presented and then try to reverse engineer some kind of better questions about it.

"Q: (LQB) Were these expositions used to program the masses and impose false history?
A: Not exactly as the question is composed, but yes, there were nefarious systems involved. This topic could be more carefully analyzed for clues.

Well OK. So yeah, better questions after carefully looking. But "nefarious systems"?! Interesting indeed!

One last caveat is that the fairs do not exist in a vacuum. There are other bizarre narratives and facts that go hand in hand during the same time period. (Incubator babies?! Orphan Trains?! The great fires) I am pretty convinced that the standard narrative which applies to so many of these fairs is full of holes but I sure don't know what to fill those holes up with yet. I am thinking the first thing is just to look at the standard narratives and see what holds water and what doesn't. Look at the visual evidence with fresh eyes.

One last caveat is that the fairs do not exist in a vacuum. There are other bizarre narratives and facts that go hand in hand during the same time period. (Incubator babies?! Orphan Trains?! The great fires)
I'd like to emphasis this point. This convergence of "conspiracy theories" was also something that stuck out to me. My first impression, smells like cover up! My initial speculation was warfare or minor cataclysm as that is the only thing that comes into mind to produce so many misplaced babies.

I did a brief binge months ago reading various (archived) threads on the stolen history forum, a couple I think may be related (if at least with time frame):
stolenhistory(dot)net/threads/1889-post-fire-seattle-rebuild-speed-5-625-buildings-in-18-months.30/
stolenhistory(dot)net/threads/18th-19th-centuries-artificial-earthquakes-volcanoes-and-tsunamis.1233/
stolenhistory(dot)net/threads/1860s-advanced-civil-war-weapons.1774/

A lot of the threads I was reading were all linked in comments so I'm sure there'll be more. I'd also like to note, for the US. the 1800's was also the Westward Expansion. It made me think of the "wild west" in a whole new light. Maybe people were fleeing from something? Like with what's happening now in the US with people moving from the "locked down" states to more "free" states?

Back
Top Bottom