The New History of Mankind: Who Are we? What are we? How did we get here?

Laura

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
In the past few weeks, I've read three books that are amazing supports for the C's worldview/cosmology and stand alongside our reading in Intelligent Design as another major thread of the mysteries of life, existence, etc. Interestingly, they could be read in a certain order as the "New History of Mankind" with strong hints about cosmological mysteries. The three books are:

The Origins of the Worlds Myths by Witzel
Plato, Prehistorian by Mary Settegast
From Yahweh to Zion by Laurent Guyenot

The first two books were mentioned by Sweatman in his book "Prehistory Decoded" which is another good one and should be on the list of books about cataclysms, etc.

Now, keep in mind that the above three books do not engage with the topic of Earth Changes in any significant way, but they all three provide enormous collections of research/researched materials that are otherwise very difficult to access and pull together. There's a lot of archaeology, paleontology, sociology, religious studies, and so forth combined in them. There are also some things that have to be set aside as you read, such as Witzel's efforts to appease the Darwinists when the truth is right in front of his eyes. Sweatman does this to a certain extent also. And certainly, without the explanatory power of cosmic cataclysm and 4 D realities, the authors are handicapped a bit, but overall, they give us a great gift in these books because they have done their homework and we can do ours by reading and weeding!

One of the best parts of "Plato, Prehistorian", is the fact that Settegast gives us many dates that can be used to construct a timeline. Witzel is good about giving dates, too, but he gets a little tangled with his trying to fit everything to "Out of Africa".

"Plato, Prehistorian" pretty much picks up where Witzel leaves off and Guyenot picks up where Settegast leaves off and brings things down to our modern day.

Of course, every single thing is not covered, but as a framework for understanding who we are, what we are, and how we got here, by our own addition of certain details that we have been studying for years now, I think these three books will do the job!

Of course, every single thing is not covered, but as a framework for understanding who we are, what we are, and how we got here, by our own addition of certain details that we have been studying for years now, I think these three books will do the job!

Wonderful! I'm 3/4th of my way through "The Origins of the Worlds Myths" and I was thinking last night how I'm finally getting a better picture of "who we are". It has helped to read the previous recommended books, but this material gives a clarity to the C's worldview that I didn't think possible.

Looking forward to reading the rest!

Thank you Laura. My copies of the Witzel and Guyenot texts arrived in the post this morning so much to digest!

As Plato, Prehistorian seems to be hard to get and at €70+ in my location via Amazon if anyone comes across another better priced purchase source it would be great to know; seems to be out of stock from most online second hand stores I've tried.

Sweatman does this to a certain extent also. And certainly, without the explanatory power of cosmic cataclysm and 4 D realities, the authors are handicapped a bit, but overall, they give us a great gift in these books because they have done their homework and we can do ours by reading and weeding!
I haven't read "Plato, Prehistorian" but the two other books combined with our knowledge of cataclysms, the human-cosmic connection, higher densities and the STO/STS duality provide a clear understanding of how some individual/group profiles resonate with ideologies (mostly STS leaning sometimes STO leaning), how those ideologies amplify and channel the pre-existing individual/group tendencies, how History repeats itself with similar destruction/rebirth cycles, how symbolism and mythologies morph but transcend times of cataclysm ...

We might be finally able to reconstruct a sound prehistoric (before Sumer) timeline including, maybe, the rise and fall of Atlantis and its races, Kantek, the great flood, the seeding of new races...

Thank you Laura. My copies of the Witzel and Guyenot texts arrived in the post this morning so much to digest!

As Plato, Prehistorian seems to be hard to get and at €70+ in my location via Amazon if anyone comes across another better priced purchase source it would be great to know; seems to be out of stock from most online second hand stores I've tried.

I got a used copy, but it was still a bit pricey.

That was the average price i came across too, and i didn't see any Ebooks or PDF's around (although there may be!).

I started looking not long after Laura's post and managed to snag the last cheap, used 1990 edition (i think) at Thrift Books ebay store for $36 including postage to the EU - they had the same book at their Amazon store and it was about 10$ more; everywhere else i looked it was $60-70 and above. It's apparently out of print hence the price.

Whilst searching i noticed there were copies in some of the major libraries in Europe, which is obviously not ideal, but, let's see, it's still early days and maybe there's a cheap stockist or an ebook somewhere.

Last edited:
Plato, Prehistorian sounds fascinating. I mentioned in the afterlife thread a story I encountered in his book The Republic, where Socrates relates a story of a man who traveled to the afterlife and returned to tell the tale. What stood out was how out-of-character the story was for conveying ideas compared to the rest of the book. Normally Plato's Socratic dialogues involve people talking, Socrates plying his trade, and then winning all the arguments Plato puts into his mouth. This anecdote about Er was a detailed monologue, which led me to think this definitely wasn't something Plato just came up with on his own. He heard this somewhere, from someone, either in his travels or in a symposium or agora somewhere.

Seeing as how belief in an afterlife and reincarnation was a widespread feature of the Pan-Gaean mythological metanarrative, I can't help but think that this story Plato retold was very old indeed... and that there could be many such similar stories in his other dialogues. I honestly don't understand how people can read The Republic and just gloss over this story, considering how central that book is to the classical philosophical and political canon of the west.

I just checked on Amazon and the cheapest used copies start at $94 plus shipping for Plato, Prehistorian. So that's not ideal, but I have plenty to read for now. Maybe a better option is available somewhere.

Well, we have to find an option because this book is just really stupendous so far.

If somebody gets a clean copy (my used one was marked up a bit), please scan it and send me a PDF and then those who can't get a copy can write to me privately and I'll send it to them.

There is a copy of Plato, Prehistorian in a library somewhere here (it didn't specify), so I made a request for borrowing it. I'll know more when I get a reply, but if it's a clean copy, I can scan it. Unless someone else already has one and wants to do it. :-) Looking forward to reading these three books!

There is a copy of Plato, Prehistorian in a library somewhere here (it didn't specify), so I made a request for borrowing it. I'll know more when I get a reply, but if it's a clean copy, I can scan it. Unless someone else already has one and wants to do it. :-) Looking forward to reading these three books!

Excellent.

Yesterday I read her analysis of one of the more famous cave paintings, the one that is in a deep shaft, called "The Bird Man of Lasceaux".
The following rendition does not show the rhino that is to the left:

She links it to the Iranian myth of creation and it's just brilliant. I mean, I went "duuuh!" It fits.

Well, we have to find an option because this book is just really stupendous so far.

If somebody gets a clean copy (my used one was marked up a bit), please scan it and send me a PDF and then those who can't get a copy can write to me privately and I'll send it to them.
There are two editions:
First Published by Rotenberg Press (1987) ISBN 10: 0961733314 ISBN 13: 9780961733315
and from the Lindisfarne Press from 1990 and 2000 which is a 2. edition
ISBN 10: 0940262347 ISBN 13: 9780940262348

This site Plato Prehistorian : Mary Settegast : 9780940262348 mentions the publisher as SteinerBooks Inc and their imprint or trade name as Lindisfarne Books.

[...]
The one from the library is that one, published in 1987 by Rotenberg Press, Cambridge, Mass.
Perhaps the differences from the 1st to the 2nd are not so important after all, as the number of pages is the same. I read in one review that some critique of the 1. edition had been taken into consideration in the 2, but then it is also a different publisher. On this page: Plato prehistorian : 10,000 to 5000 B.C. : myth, religion, archaeology (Book, 1990) [WorldCat.org] I checked the various libraries and 2. edition is listed for
Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin - Preußischer Kulturbesitz, Haus Potsdamer Straße and
InfoGuide UB/SB Passau but surely there are more options among the 275 libraries in the world that list this book, so although what is left on the open market is currently around 100 USD and up, there is a rather rich stock in the libraries around the world.

Back
Top Bottom