The Legend of Zorro

beau said:
The dialogue from LOTR is excellent at times.
Here's another one of my favorites that applies directly to our times, incidentally also from the Two Towers.
Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.

Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here... But we are.

It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo - the ones that really mattered.
Full of darkness and danger they were. Sometimes you didn't want to know the end because how could the end be happy?

How could the world go back to the way it was when so much BAD had happened?

But, in the end, it's only a passing thing - this shadow. Even darkness must pass.
A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer.

Those were the stories that stayed with you - that meant something.
Even if you were too small to understand why.

But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now.
Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't.
They kept going, because they were golding onto something.

Frodo: What are we holding on to, Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for.
It is quite inspirational, I think, as Sam is clearly referring to the Grail legends when he speaks of the "great stories" that really mattered. It's important that he says that he NOW finally knows/understands what they mean - that is, that we, as knights on dangerous quests, have millions of chances of turning back i.e. falling back happily asleep in illusion, but some of us don't because we are holding onto something that's too strong - the thirst for Truth, something that's definitely worth fighting for, no matter how bad it gets here on the BBM.

sHiZo963 said:
Here's another one of my favorites that applies directly to our times, incidentally also from the Two Towers.
They kept going, because they were golding onto something.
The quote snippet above may be a typo, but may actually be the reason for not turning back....

Cheers....

Deckard said:
beau said:
Plus Gollom is just funny to watch! He's a downright psychopath but he can mimic a souled being pretty darn well when he wishes.
Or maybe he was souled being in a struggle infected by the power of Evil.
and maybe the fact that these two scenarios can sometimes be hard to differentiate, is a point to ponder when we find we are apparently confronted by one or the other.

Back
Top Bottom